The Fall Of Kabul To The Taliban

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Biden appears to check his WATCH during ceremony honoring the 13 US troops killed in Kabul attack | Daily Mail Online

President Joe Biden is under fire after appearing to look at his watch just seconds after a salute honoring the return of the 13 US servicemembers killed in Thursday's ISIS-K suicide bombing in Kabul.

The president made the unannounced trip to Dover Air Force Base in Delaware on Sunday morning as the caskets of the 13 service members killed in the attack were brought back to the United States.

He stood in silence, his right hand to his chest, as a succession of flag draped transfer coffins were carried past him from a C-17 Globemaster plane.

But during the ceremony, Biden appears to jerk his left arm up and look down at his watch, which sparked backlash from veterans and conservative commentators.

I can personally say this really, really bothered me. I am the widower of a veteran, who served in Vietnam. My family has always had several members in the military, Navy and Marines. We hold the Commander in Chief in the highest regard.

The families were on the opposite side of the tarmac from the CIC and military personnel, as their loved ones were transferred from the transport. I just can't imagine....

My heart breaks for the families.

Moo...

I can personally say this really, really bothered me. I am the widower of a veteran, who served in Vietnam. My family has always had several members in the military, Navy and Marines. We hold the Commander in Chief in the highest regard.

The families were on the opposite side of the tarmac from the CIC and military personnel, as their loved ones were transferred from the transport. I just can't imagine....

My heart breaks for the families.

Moo...

Thank you for your sacrifice. We will remember them.

US Marines post photo of 11 flag-draped caskets carrying bodies of those killed in Kabul bombing | Daily Mail Online

The US Marine Corps has posted a photo on Twitter of the flag-draped caskets of their fallen brethren killed in Thursday's suicide bomb attack in Kabul.

The shot shows the caskets being flown back to the US on a C-17 Globemaster military transport.

The caskets later arrived at Dover Air Force Base in Delawarefor a solemn transfer ceremony Sunday morning, which was attended by Joe Biden.

...snipped...

47268287-9939027-The_US_Marine_Corps_posted_a_photo_to_Twitter_Sunday_evening_of_-a-45_1630309406656.jpg

+76
The US Marine Corps posted a photo to Twitter Sunday evening, of the flag flag-draped caskets of their fallen brethren killed in Thursday's suicide bomb attack in Kabul, after the coffins arrived back on home soil at Dover Air Force base in Delaware, August 29, 2021

Biden appears to check his WATCH during ceremony honoring the 13 US troops killed in Kabul attack | Daily Mail Online

President Joe Biden is under fire after appearing to look at his watch just seconds after a salute honoring the return of the 13 US servicemembers killed in Thursday's ISIS-K suicide bombing in Kabul.

The president made the unannounced trip to Dover Air Force Base in Delaware on Sunday morning as the caskets of the 13 service members killed in the attack were brought back to the United States.

He stood in silence, his right hand to his chest, as a succession of flag draped transfer coffins were carried past him from a C-17 Globemaster plane.

But during the ceremony, Biden appears to jerk his left arm up and look down at his watch, which sparked backlash from veterans and conservative commentators.

He attended, though, knowing that families were justifiably angry with him. That is guilt and pain on top of the guilt and pain that any honorable Commander-in-Chief would feel. Then he went to Mass. There has been at least one recent President who chose to send the VP in their place a number of times, so I appreciate that he attended, as he should. I hope there never has to be another dignified transfer, but I also know that is sadly unlikely.

Got it, thank you. As an American, I appreciate that this has been done, and I understand that it may take a while to hit more targets, especially when we always run a risk of hitting innocent civilians when dealing with terrorists. I'm not aware of anyone credible who has said that there will be no further attempts against ISIS-K.
Looks like the Biden JV team killed a family instead of the 2 terrorist planners of the suicide bombing: Kabul attack: Nine family members killed in US airstrike targeting suspected ISIS-K suicide bomber, relative says - CNN

Afghanistan evacuation: Rockets are fired at Kabul airport | Daily Mail Online

Burned-out rocket launchers used to attack Kabul airport were found in the back of a car that burst into flames after multiple rockets were fired today in the latest act of violence as the US races to get its last troops out of Afghanistan before the August 31 deadline set by President Joe Biden.

At least five missiles were fired at the airstrip on Monday morning, an American official told journalists, some of which fell short into Kabul while others were brought down by defence systems. There were no initial reports of US casualties but that information might change, the official added.

Looks like the Biden JV team killed a family instead of the 2 terrorist planners of the suicide bombing: Kabul attack: Nine family members killed in US airstrike targeting suspected ISIS-K suicide bomber, relative says - CNN

I may be misunderstanding what JV team means in this context. Where I come from, that means sports, but that can't be the correct meaning, not when it comes to such a horrifying situation where children died. We kill a lot of innocent civilians with our drones, and that is a major risk when trying to stop terrorism, due to the nature of the activity and how terrorists intentionally use civilians as shields for their operations. So much off-target carnage over the years and yesterday. We have done it so many times, and it looks like it just won't stop as long as we continue to use this method. It is a tragedy and a deep shame, and I don't know how to avoid it or how to better go after terrorists. I hope there are ways.

I may be misunderstanding what JV team means in this context. Where I come from, that means sports, but that can't be the correct meaning, not when it comes to such a horrifying situation where children died. We kill a lot of innocent civilians with our drones, and that is a major risk when trying to stop terrorism, due to the nature of the activity and how terrorists intentionally use civilians as shields for their operations. So much off-target carnage over the years and yesterday. We have done it so many times, and it looks like it just won't stop as long as we continue to use this method. It is a tragedy and a deep shame, and I don't know how to avoid it or how to better go after terrorists. I hope there are ways.
JV team comes from a quote 0bama made about ISIS when he was president:

ISIS 2 Years Later: From 'JV Team' to International Killers

I think this whole pullout has exposed the US as the JV team. JMHO

Rockets fired at Kabul airport were intercepted by missile defence system, US official says
''Kabul Airport has been targeted in a rocket attack on the eve of the deadline for US troops to withdraw from Afghanistan.
Islamic State has claimed responsibility for the early morning attack on Monday, saying "soldiers of the Caliphate targeted Kabul International Airport with six Katyusha rockets".
US officials said its anti-missile system had intercepted five of the rockets.''

Really might have to re-watch the movie i referenced earlier, "Eye in the Sky".
US drone strike in Kabul kills 10 civilians
''The strike targeting ISKP killed members of two families including a 4-year-old set to leave Afghanistan for the US.
h_57139390-1.jpg

A view of the damaged caused at the scene of a rocket attack near the Hamid Karzai International airport, in Kabul, Afghanistan, 29 August 2021 [EPA]
By Tamila Varshalomidze and Usaid Siddiqui
30 Aug 2021
''The death of civilians including children in a United States drone strike on Sunday in Kabul has been widely critcised.

The US said it killed Islamic State in Khorasan Province, ISKP (ISIS-K) suicide bombers intending to attack Kabul airport. However, Al Jazeera found that the drone strike also killed 10 civilians, ranging from two to 40 years old.''

AFP News Agency
@AFP

·
23m

#UPDATE Pentagon says the threat to Kabul airport remains "real" and "specific" as the United States winds down its withdrawal from Afghanistan

ABC News
@ABC

Pentagon press sec. John Kirby says “there is still time” for Americans to be evacuated from Afghanistan before Tuesday withdrawal deadline. https://abcn.ws/3zwopTk

ABC News
@ABC

·
37m

Pentagon official gives update on Afghanistan: - Approximately 1,200 people evacuated yesterday - 28 flights departed Kabul airport in last 24 hours - More than 122,000 people evacuated as of today, including 5,400 American citizens https://abcn.ws/3mInBHB

ABC News
@ABC

·
40m

NEW: Pentagon official acknowledges reports of civilian casualties following airstrike against "imminent ISIS-K threat" near Kabul airport. "We take these reports very seriously and we are continuing to assess the situation." http://abcn.ws/3BlRoK8

I would expect civilian evac will end today so they can use tomorrow for military evac.

Here I am in the Eastern time zone in the US, where its 12:40 PM. I kept thinking in EST time, but the news keeps saying a few more hours. I checked the time in Kabul and it's after 9 PM. It hadn't even occurred to me that I guess they are referring to Afghanistan time. So now I'm a little confused as to when August 31 ends there, if it's in 3 hours from now, or Washington time? It seems like this should be obvious but I wasn't thinking at all.

ETA: I should clarify that it's after 9 PM on August 30th in Kabul. So there's still a whole August 31st ahead, but midnight then will be much earlier than midnight where I live.

Last edited:
Here I am in the Eastern time zone in the US, where its 12:40 PM. I kept thinking in EST time, but the news keeps saying a few more hours. I checked the time in Kabul and it's after 9 PM. It hadn't even occurred to me that I guess they are referring to Afghanistan time. So now I'm a little confused as to when August 31 ends there, if it's in 3 hours from now, or Washington time? It seems like this should be obvious but I wasn't thinking at all.
That is a good point. I guess going by Kabul time there is only a day left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HopeBloom