The Phone Calls in the early morning of Dec.18, 2013 (both PayPhone & cells)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Someone else - not me, I can't take credit for it - had a great observation/theory about this discrepancy, it was probably lost in the general thread/forum Hokey-Pokey -- they said, for instance, we have been told about the various 3am CALLS made by Heather to SM, one answered etc.....nothing about any texts that may have been sent by her..... IF SM phone was turned OFF after the 3:17 call and Heather sent a text in the 3am hour, it would just be 'sitting out there', waiting to be delivered to his phone, again for example, if it was TURNED BACK ON around 6am.

That is interesting!

So if SM's phone was turned off, the text would only be delivered at his end, if he did turn his phone on at 6am, and not unless he did.

That would have nothing to do with opening the text?

I did not know that a text could only be delivered when the phone is on. That makes so much sense.

What a simple solution if that is the case!

I would be interested to know if these surveillance camera's which showed M's truck going and coming from PTL, could see if there were 1 or 2 people in the vehicle. I'm still not 100% convinced sm was involved by his own admission. I really feel tm is the one that planned this horrible situation, possibly just in her head as a fantasy, but something made her explode, and she quickly started playing out the fantasy scenario. She immediately became "lead man and ringleader" and sm was forced by her, either physically or mentally, to become involved. Who knows what her thinking was for doing that..possibly she felt more secure that if he was involved, he wouldn't turn on her...or that was her way of seeKing revenge for his affair. I just wished one of them would spill their nasty guts on where Heather is!!!!!! They are both pathetic, in my mind!!!! WHERE'S HEATHER!!!! Praying for her family, this is so sad!

Hi! I'm new and am not sure I'm posting correctly, or in the right place...but I've been following this terribly sad and confusing forum for about a week...I keep having this thought pop into my head about the payphone....I know when my daughter had car trouble and her cell phone was almost dead, she came upon a payphone to call us...I told her I would call her right back after we found a tow truck...she gave me the number that was on the payphone and when calling her back it just rang and rang and rang..When she did not answer I called her cell phone and luckily it hadn't completely went dead and she told me she was standing right there at the payphone..so even though it rang on my end, it never rang on her end...and that makes me wonder if sm was at the payphone when Heather tried to call him back...and did he tell her to call him back and gave her the number..the number never came up on our landline home phone, it said something like "unknown caller". Just something that I've been trying to think through, and thought I'd pass it on to you all to see what you thought. Also, I'm a bit surprised that sm didn't have a tracfone or cheap prepaid phone that he kept hidden to communicate with others since tm had taken his phone. However, he may have been afraid to be caught with it, or maybe he was, and that fueled the fire, as well...these people are crazy nuts, and I am so sad that this beautiful young lady had to even be involved with them...so sad for her and her family...I pray she is brought home to rest in peace!
:welcome5: Great post!
It may be true that Heather was unable to call the pay phone. I just read that a lot of times you can't call pay phones back because in many cities, the ability to call a pay phone was disabled because drug dealers would use pay phones for drug dealing since the calls would only be traced to a pay phone. To help reduce the drug dealing the ability of pay phones to receive calls was removed.
Also, private phone companies only get paid for outgoing calls so many have disabled the ringer.
Maybe someone in the area could check the actual phone that was used and see if it is possible to receive a callback on it?

WOW, GREAT post!!!!

Can a local check this out????????

I'll be glad to go to the store and try to call it from my cell to see if it actually rings. I'll report back when I have the answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be glad to go to the store and try to call it from my cell to see if it actually rings. I'll report back when I have the answer.

my sister and I have been sleuthing alone for decades. I feel like I've found a whole pile of sisters here on WS. This is how it is done!

Do you all remember LE denied request for search warrant transcripts and one reason was because of (investigative techniques not known outside the government)? I googled that and read this:

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE97409R20130805?irpc=932

SOD and DICE I'm now not worried about this case. Wow. FBI they do not play. I bet they have every word typed and every word spoken. Domestic crimes can be solved by State Government with the help of these programs. Ty putting on my tinfoil hat again.

That's interesting because that article specifically talks about the DEA & I remember it being reported that the DEA was one of the agencies assisting in the investigation & a lot of us here questioned why the DEA would be involved in this case.

Ok so I went to the Kangaroo on 10th/joe white ave and the pay phone there doesn't even work... there was no dial tone. So I went looking for other pay phones on that road and I found one at the Circle K gas station on the corner of Kings Hwy aka 17 Business & 10th ave/joe white.

I called my cell phone and the number that showed up was 843-916-4534. I called it back and the pay phone did not ring. On my cell phone, it rang once and then emitted a loud screeching beep... kind of like a fax machine. I looked for cameras outside but I didn't see any. They may have them but if they do, they are hidden.

Ok so I went to the Kangaroo on 10th/joe white ave and the pay phone there doesn't even work... there was no dial tone. So I went looking for other pay phones on that road and I found one at the Circle K gas station on the corner of Kings Hwy/17 Business.

I called my cell phone and the number that showed up was 843-916-4534. I called it back and the pay phone did not ring. On my cell phone, it rang once and then emitted a loud screeching beep... kind of like a fax machine. I looked for cameras outside but I didn't see any. They may have them but if they do, they are hidden.

Thank you so much! I didn't realize you meant you would go and check it out, now!
Interesting that the Kangaroo pay phone isn't working at all.

Thank you so much! I didn't realize you meant you would go and check it out, now!

Interesting that the Kangaroo pay phone isn't working at all.

You're welcome!! Any time! I was actually already out & about (& absorbed in my cell phone as always).

PS. My boyfriend told me I was obsessed when I told him what I was doing... even more so when the Kangaroo phone didn't work & I told him we were going looking for another pay phone!

Reasons why a payphone may not ring. Payphone industry.

One example of these types of efforts is when payphone providers restrict the use of the payphone. For example, if a state public service commission allows such a restriction, certain payphones can be programmed to provide outgoing calls only. This is generally done to help deter loitering and to keep tied-up payphones from inconveniencing other customers. For this type of arrangement, some states require approvals by local law enforcement and the state public service commission, although the ultimate decision-making authority usually rests with the payphone location provider. (For the record, under ordinary circumstances, the overwhelming majority of the nation's payphones are equipped to handle both incoming and outgoing calls for customers.)

http://www.apcc.net/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=40

You're welcome!! Any time! I was actually already out & about (& absorbed in my cell phone as always).

PS. My boyfriend told me I was obsessed when I told him what I was doing... even more so when the Kangaroo phone didn't work & I told him we were going looking for another pay phone!

:floorlaugh:
My husband would have been picking on me and rolling his eyes the whole drive there, but he would go... and secretly enjoyed joining in on the sleuthing!

:floorlaugh:

My husband would have been picking on me and rolling his eyes the whole drive there, but he would go... and secretly enjoyed joining in on the sleuthing!

Both of those gas stations (the Kangaroo & the Circle K) are kind of sketchy gas stations, to be honest. I think he was more afraid to be there at this time of night than I was... haha! I actually wanted him to get out and call my cell from the Kangaroo and he wouldn't so I had to "man up".

Ok so I went to the Kangaroo on 10th/joe white ave and the pay phone there doesn't even work... there was no dial tone. So I went looking for other pay phones on that road and I found one at the Circle K gas station on the corner of Kings Hwy/17 Business.

You are so cool! Thanks!

Both of those gas stations (the Kangaroo & the Circle K) are kind of sketchy gas stations, to be honest. I think he was more afraid to be there at this time of night than I was... haha! I actually wanted him to get out and call my cell from the Kangaroo and he wouldn't so I had to "man up".

You are awesome cujenn81!!!! Thank you.

Now that you mention it, I do recall A LOT of pay phones down there do not work at all. My husband helped someone move furniture from an unoccupied house, left his cell phone in the house, the others were to leave shortly behind him, 15 miles away he scrambled for a pay phone to call them so they wouldn't forget it and 4 different stores, all PP out of service. He went inside and asked to use a cell from someone finally. Funniest image I picture that day is the one he hurriedly pulled up to, jumped out and grabbed the receiver and the whole thing was unattached! Yes indeed, the sketchiest place on earth we may have found - or at least narrowed down to two: ALL convenience store pay phones in MB OR Tammy's kitchen.

O/T: Oh, and cujenn81, tell your BF to do the walk of shame.... My best friend from high school had another friend who we'll just say unfortunately had 'taken to the streets'. My friend wanted so badly to find her and 'fix her', the optimist my dear friend is. So she, my husband and I loaded up one night to crawl the dark underbelly of this city to look for her. At her 'best' corner there's a convenience store and after 20 years of that life we're sure they know her. My friend and I back and forth, 'you go ask about her', 'no YOU go ask, YOU'RE the one who wants to find her'....about 5 mins of that back nd forth BS my sweet husband says 'oh for Heavens sake!' - and strolls right in SketchmartFU-up:30 and yes, boldly asks if anyone knows where to find the towns 'methiest' streetwalker. That, my friend, IS LOVE.

I was watching dateline or 20/20 last night (in the DVR) and the murder they were dealing with was one of marital infidelity. The husband snapped (after a period of time being enraged that his wife was even talking to this other man) - and so the husband drove to the mans work (they had it on video) then to the mans home and shot him - left him just aways (100ft?) from the house. LE and others had searched - but hadn't found the body (even though it was THAT close!!!!). The only reason they got him as quickly as they did was because his wife found out and was not involved in any way -- so she contacted the police because she feared her husband was guilty.

I believe the same thing could've happened here. TM did it all - and SM got caught up in the aftermath. Before watching that show last night - I really didn't think it possible -- but now I do.

It pained me to realize how close that guys body was to his home - where EVERYONE had searched == yet found nothing until they caught a break from the murderers wife contacting LE because she thought her husband could possibly be responsible!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

~Respectfully Snipped

Actually, iirc LE has always said last known activity of Heather was the 3:41 call and with continued activity between Heather's phone and SM's phone until about 6:00 a.m.

It's always been one of the big questions. TE uses the last call time as 3:17 a.m. I believe. So there have been numerous questions about what her phone was doing between 3:17 a.m. and 6:00 a.m.

Just point that out because it has been an important topic of discussion since the case started.

Salem

Salem - at the bond hearing they specifically stated that after 3:14 there was absolutely nothing more from Heather's phone. They basically said it in a way that was 'this was the last thing from Heather's phone." They then said that they lost GPS tracking etc at that time.

That made me really wonder because there's such a small window of time between the video of the vehicle coming and going to PTL. Incapacitate Heather, Smash/destroy her phone so its completely done and be headed back towards their home. Maybe they through the phone in a bag and smashed it (or could evidence of smashing a phone be something they found in the vehicle?)

After the bond hearing - I have not given much thought to anything that was reported about Heather's phone being used at 6 a.m.

Ok so I went to the Kangaroo on 10th/joe white ave and the pay phone there doesn't even work... there was no dial tone. So I went looking for other pay phones on that road and I found one at the Circle K gas station on the corner of Kings Hwy aka 17 Business & 10th ave/joe white.

How awesome of you!

We have THE best members here at WS :loveyou:

So are some pay phones just made to make calls, not accept calls? I guess that could make sense.

Salem - at the bond hearing they specifically stated that after 3:14 there was absolutely nothing more from Heather's phone. They basically said it in a way that was 'this was the last thing from Heather's phone." They then said that they lost GPS tracking etc at that time.

That made me really wonder because there's such a small window of time between the video of the vehicle coming and going to PTL. Incapacitate Heather, Smash/destroy her phone so its completely done and be headed back towards their home. Maybe they through the phone in a bag and smashed it (or could evidence of smashing a phone be something they found in the vehicle?)

After the bond hearing - I have not given much thought to anything that was reported about Heather's phone being used at 6 a.m.

I am thinking that there was no 'active' phone activity from 3:41 til 6 am because Heather's phone was turned off during that time. Then at 6 am, after the deed was done, Heather's phone was turned back on because of someone's curiosity about the alleged texts TM sent to Heather of the Ms having car sex. A narcissitic, sociopathic, control freak who photoshops her own pics would want to make sure she looked good in pics to her nemesis. Would she not? Her taunting texts show that she asked Heather if she was 'ready to meet the MRS?'. She wanted a confrontation with HE face to face. IMO.

Then there is SM. I imagine that if he got wind of Heather's date that night he wasn't very happy about it. Older married man's paramour had moved on to a man closer to her own age. OMM is jealous and calls her from a payphone to say he is leaving his wife......

There is a quote from a news article this past week that haunts me. (paraphrased) "By 6 am Heather was in danger". Forgive me for no link, I just returned on Tuesday after being away for almost a month and am on information overload.

This is the only way I can reconcile the time discrepancies in my mind.
:moo:
wm

That sounds to me it was definitive. Someone suggested it was thrown into the water and that would have been the same as smashing it. I know they used sonar and it was a sparkly pink but after 2 months maybe sediment had covered it over. It Would be hard to locate a phone in a boggy marsh/river area.

The payphone not ringing could mean sm was standing there waiting for her call but that's just silly to me. Sm would've called her before going back home. What is more likely to me is:
Sm missed her called her and said wanted leave tm. She kinda played it cool like well I'm moving on but I wish you the best. She thinks about it and has second thoughts. (Sm may have asked her to run away with him) she calls payphone no answer. She calls him. Sm is handcuffed to the bed and tm is passed out. The phone wakes her up and she starts drilling sm. You tell her to meet you at ptl!! Or it could've been planned from sm's call from the payphone for Heather to meet sm at ptl. I have a hard time thinking sm Knew tm was going to kill her. Maybe he agree to let tm beat her up? I mean she punched Heather at walmart and Heather didn't go to the cops maybe she wanted to do that again. Maybe tm promised everything would go back to normal and she'd quit drinking if sm got rid of her. One thing for sure, she Hated Heather enough to kill her. Imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back