The Phone Calls in the early morning of Dec.18, 2013 (both PayPhone & cells)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Judging by the Caisons' comments in that article.... seems like TM's braggart and "playing the victim" nature is genetic. MOO

Ok, so thinking about the Kangaroo pay phone some more this morning...

If the phone didn't work back on March 21st, 2014 when @cujenn81 checked it out AND it didn't work for me when I checked it out on February 17th, 2015, what's to say that it worked for SM when he allegedly used it to call Heather on December 18th, 2013 at 1:35AM?

Does LE have phone records from that exact pay phone or what?

How often would the phone company or whoever owns that pay phone fix and repair it?

If it actually worked for SM, that means it was working up and until the time that @cujenn81 checked it out which is roughly 13 weeks later. Then, it was never repaired thereafter or repaired and broken again before I checked it out.
For it to be non-functional for over a year, makes me wonder if it ever worked or when the last time it actually did work? :thinking:

BBM

03-22-2014, 02:09 AM

Ok so I went to the Kangaroo on 10th/joe white ave and the pay phone there doesn't even work... there was no dial tone. So I went looking for other pay phones on that road and I found one at the Circle K gas station on the corner of Kings Hwy aka 17 Business & 10th ave/joe white.

I called my cell phone and the number that showed up was 843-916-4534. I called it back and the pay phone did not ring. On my cell phone, it rang once and then emitted a loud screeching beep... kind of like a fax machine. I looked for cameras outside but I didn't see any. They may have them but if they do, they are hidden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

02-17-2015, 05:28 PM

<snipped post for focus>

Before I went to White River Drive though, I stopped at the Kangaroo phone on 10th Avenue. The phone did not work. I was going to call my mobile phone with it and then call it back but... no luck. The phone was nasty! I felt dirty after touching it. Gross!

Ok, so thinking about the Kangaroo pay phone some more this morning...

If the phone didn't work back on March 21st, 2014 when @cujenn81 checked it out AND it didn't work for me when I checked it out on February 17th, 2015, what's to say that it worked for SM when he allegedly used it to call Heather on December 18th, 2013 at 1:35AM?

Does LE have phone records from that exact pay phone or what?

How often would the phone company or whoever owns that pay phone fix and repair it?

If it actually worked for SM, that means it was working up and until the time that @cujenn81 checked it out which is roughly 13 weeks later. Then, it was never repaired thereafter or repaired and broken again before I checked it out.
For it to be non-functional for over a year, makes me wonder if it ever worked or when the last time it actually did work? :thinking:

BBM

Good post, PTF! Just jumping off your post now as you brought up some things that made me think...do we know for sure and/or have we ever been told specifically for sure what payphone SM allegedly made the phone call to Heather from? Or was we just given a generalized address of the payphone vicinity? I'm really curious about this.

Good post, PTF! Just jumping off your post now as you brought up some things that made me think...do we know for sure and/or have we ever been told specifically for sure what payphone SM allegedly made the phone call to Heather from? Or was we just given a generalized address of the payphone vicinity? I'm really curious about this.

Everything I've seen on MSM up to this point says, "...from a payphone on 10th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach".
So, yeah... I guess we do not really know for sure! I know that we've all been talking about that particular phone from the beginning. So... hmmmmmm? :thinking: May have to rethink it then.

What are you thinking @NWLady? Different phone? Anyone else?

PTF, can you refresh my memory on how we KNOW it was that particular gas station? I know you, hoppy, and cujenn did some great, in-depth recon, but was there something in the police report or MSM to verify it was THAT phone? Also, do you know if there's a payphone at the Kangaroo on the corner of 10th and Bypass (next to Burro Loco)?

Well, it looks like we were posting at the same time, y'all. Jinx!

The address for the Kangaroo across the highway is 2995 10th Ave N.

PTF, can you refresh my memory on how we KNOW it was that particular gas station? I know you and cujenn did some great, in-depth recon, but was there something in the police report or MSM to verify it was THAT phone? Also, do you know if there's a payphone at the Kangaroo on the corner of 10th and Bypass (next to Burro Loco)?

I guess it's because of the receipt that was found in Heather's car from the Kangaroo on 10th and Seaboard. The Kangaroo (next to Burro Loco) on 17 doesn't have a payphone.

I guess it's because of the receipt that was found in Heather's car from the Kangaroo on 10th and Seaboard.
And the dumpsters! We know that SM came out from behind the dumpsters to use the phone. That's not to say that the other payphones on 10th don't have dumpsters next to them, but I doubt all of them do.

Looking back at your pics from the old evidence thread, it says "Verizon" on the sides of that phone. I wonder if it still is a Verizon payphone, or if that's just ad space. If it's a Verizon phone, or ever was, I wonder if there's any way to find out anything from them, as to the last time the phone worked, etc.

Probably could go in and ask someone who works there how long the phone hasn't been working. No harm no foul in asking that question - I guess I just don't know why it matters. If I recall correctly - the kangaroo on 10th was specifically stated as where he made the call from at the first bond hearing.

If the phone didn't/doesn't work then, how did SM make a call from there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Sorry for any typos!

The payphone worked on the day and at the time SM made that call in December 2013. How and why and exactly when it later broke is not important. What's important is there is a record and a video that corroborates this activity.

Probably could go in and ask someone who works there how long the phone hasn't been working. No harm no foul in asking that question - I guess I just don't know why it matters. If I recall correctly - the kangaroo on 10th was specifically stated as where he made the call from at the first bond hearing.

In addition to your recollection, I also believe the payphone at 10th ave/Seaboard was specifically stated as being the one in an article in The State paper or The Sun News. It said something to the effect of, it is not known who or if SM was with someone when he made that phone call from 10th ave. north. I have to agree that it doesn't matter when the phone stopped working.

In the last bond hearing in Charleston didn't they say they had video with SM creeping out from behind the dumpster to the payphone?

Everything I've seen on MSM up to this point says, "...from a payphone on 10th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach".
So, yeah... I guess we do not really know for sure! I know that we've all been talking about that particular phone from the beginning. So... hmmmmmm? :thinking: May have to rethink it then.

What are you thinking @NWLady? Different phone? Anyone else?

No, I wasn't thinking of any particular phone, but rather I was just curious as to how many eggs we should be putting in the basket of that payphone at Kangaroo being the one SM allegedly used when I didn't know for sure if we had ever been told specifically by LE for sure what payphone was used. Just trying to keep our thought process open and moving...

In addition to your recollection, I also believe the payphone at 10th ave/Seaboard was specifically stated as being the one in an article in The State paper or The Sun News. It said something to the effect of, it is not known who or if SM was with someone when he made that phone call from 10th ave. north. I have to agree that it doesn't matter when the phone stopped working.

In the last bond hearing in Charleston didn't they say they had video with SM creeping out from behind the dumpster to the payphone?
BBM: This is what I was looking for. Answers to how we know it was that specific payphone. I don't know if I dozed off in class that day or what, but I just couldn't remember how we were so definitively certain it was that phone.

And I'm not sure if it matters when it stopped working, but then again, I'm not sure why at least a quarter of the other stuff we discuss matters, either. I just hop on the train until it derails. :laughing:

PTF, can you refresh my memory on how we KNOW it was that particular gas station? I know you, hoppy, and cujenn did some great, in-depth recon, but was there something in the police report or MSM to verify it was THAT phone? Also, do you know if there's a payphone at the Kangaroo on the corner of 10th and Bypass (next to Burro Loco)?

There wasn't one at the Kangaroo by Burro. I drove thru the parking lot to be sure. & I don't think it's ever been verified by the media or LE exactly which phone was used... I think it just mentioned 10th Avenue (but I could be wrong about that).

One of the reasons I checked all of them though was because I thought it might have been the payphone at Circle K... on the corner of Kings Hwy (the only one that still worked when I checked them). After looking thru some of HE's tweets, I found a few that included a location. On the map, the ping looked like it was in that general vicinity... so I wondered if maybe she had a friend that lived close to that store or something. Or a coworker that was a mutual friend to both HE & SM.

Most people strongly believed it was the Kangaroo phone though... and they're probably right after considering the info about SM sneaking around behind the dumpsters. But... I guess there could still be a possibility of the Circle K. The dumpsters there are located on the side of the building in front of the parking area for Bumsteads. In fact, I've parked there & walked to that store several times in the past after leaving BSteads before heading home. It might have looked like I was sneaking around behind the dumpsters lol.

I think most people considered the possibility of LE disabling the phone during their investigation or something. I think it's anyone's guess really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've parked on that side of Bumstead's too, Jen. I see why you thought it could be the phone in front of Circle K, especially with it being the only one working.

BBM: This is what I was looking for. Answers to how we know it was that specific payphone. I don't know if I dozed off in class that day or what, but I just couldn't remember how we were so definitively certain it was that phone.

And I'm not sure if it matters when it stopped working, but then again, I'm not sure why at least a quarter of the other stuff we discuss matters, either. I just hop on the train until it derails. :laughing:

I think Heather's brother talked about the payphone on FB. They could see the phone number on the phone bill because it was in Terry's account.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back