The Pontiac - "Revisted" #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They try to deliver it to the door, then leave a notice if you aren't there. Nothing is left in the box. (I'm not sure if they try again or leave another notice later if you don't pick up the letter.)

In this case the notice was left 7/11 (Friday), was seen by CA and GA 7/13 (Sunday) and the letter was picked up 7/15 (Tuesday).

Exactly. If it was a registered letter that required a signature, the mail carrier had to get out of their car and go to the door.

Along with all the other oddities within this case, the fact that the peeps working at the towyard just closed their eyes (or noses) to the smell of the car causes questions/concerns as well.

Is this normal towyard protocol, that is, to ignore abandoned cars with the smell of decomp?

If only they had called LE to investigate the car prior to it leaving the lot. There are so many alternative endings to uncovering the truth about Caylee's death if only someone else would have done something different earlier. That is why I tend to believe others knew about Caylee's death prior to July 15. AD has suggested that KC was not smart enough to handle this alone.

I've worked for a wrecker service. The tow driver isn't allowed to enter a vehicle for any reason unless the owner is standing there. If the windows were up, the driver may not have smelled it. They generally back up to the vehicle and either hook it on a hook or use a wench to pull it up on the flat bed and then chain the tires. Same thing in reverse when they drop it off. It's very possible they didn't smell it until GA came that day at which point, they may have thought it's just a funky smelling car and the owner now has it. Likewise, while I'm sure it smelled horrible, they may not have recognized the smell of decomp had they never experience it before. Then, with the owner not freaking out about it so much, it didn't occur to them to call LE. Hindsight I'm sure they wish they would have.

Even giving them the benefit of the doubt on receving the notice, once they, GA/CA arrived at tow yard and GA smedlled the contents in the cars. Red Flags should have went up all over that place and LE should have been notified and that car been locked down as a possible crime scene. No, GA, took it upon himself to drive the atrocious smelling car home, that had also been confirmed by the tow yard guy smelled like another car that a man had commited suicide in. GA requested the tow yard guy to look in thr trunk with him. No, GA decided to go ahead and drive the car home, instead of notifying LE, eventhough, he had not seen or heard from Caylee in a month. Drive the stinking car home in the rain with the windows rolled down and then park it in the garage. Out of site. Out of view. Out of smelling range. Then goes to work like nothing has happened. Cindy goes to work. All the while her co-workers are telling her to get home and find out what the he77 is going on..reasonable people. They might have missed the notice but they sure didn't miss the smell!
That action alone screams cover up. For all GA knew the smell could have been connected to something that happened at the towyard.It had been there awhile and they knew it.Why not call LE and say " somthing happened in my daughters car". If it was my child's car I would have assumed someone else was responsible and called LE.Why not have it out with the towyard and say "what the heck happened here?"
But GA knew this had everything to do with KC and the started covering for her that very minute,window rolled down with his head stuck out to escape the smell.
At home the car was not left outside to ventilate,it was hidden in the garage and the smell not mentioned to LE when they arrived.

Why would zanny-nanny need to be driving KC's car? What car would KC then drive? KC told stories about zanny-nanny having everything Caylee would need at zanny-nanny's place. Clothes, toys, car seat. I need to go back and read whether the question was asked and answered about food and diapers, i.e. did KC supply these or did zanny-nanny. Also I don't remember KC telling LE or anyone exactly how she paid zanny-nanny.

I can guess that it was money stolen from everyone since KC is zanny-nanny. Said extremely sarcastically.
BBM.

I was taking a guess at what I believe the defense will try to say. They have got to explain the car with something...who better to place the blame on than this nanny who can't be questioned, because she doesn't exist. I am not saying it will even come close to working, but it sounds like something they might try to sell to the jury.

I don't remember Casey ever saying to LE, or anyone, how much this "nanny" was paid. The closest she got was the chat with (can't remember name) a friend, he asks her how much she pays and she reponds with something like she is compensated very well. I don't remember the exact words, but I think that was the general idea.

I've worked for a wrecker service. The tow driver isn't allowed to enter a vehicle for any reason unless the owner is standing there. If the windows were up, the driver may not have smelled it. They generally back up to the vehicle and either hook it on a hook or use a wench to pull it up on the flat bed and then chain the tires. Same thing in reverse when they drop it off. It's very possible they didn't smell it until GA came that day at which point, they may have thought it's just a funky smelling car and the owner now has it. Likewise, while I'm sure it smelled horrible, they may not have recognized the smell of decomp had they never experience it before. Then, with the owner not freaking out about it so much, it didn't occur to them to call LE. Hindsight I'm sure they wish they would have.

No, the manager of the tow yard told George about the odor and said it was similar to another car they had that a man comitted suicide in. So the manager was fully aware of what human decomp odor smells like. That does the beg the question of why he didn't call the police. When George opened the trunk, the tow yard manager grabbed the bag of trash, said that was where the odor was coming from and tossed it away. Perhaps George was just confused and thought the trashbag was where the odor came from - or hoped it was. Sometimes people will try to fool themselves into believing that a terrible truth can't be true. I think George was doing that. I can't imagine what must have been going through his mind as he drove home knowing they had had no contact with Caylee for 31 days and that the car had the odor of human decomp. I'm sure he desperately wanted to believe the odor was ANYTHING but what his nose was telling him it was. I'm sure when Cindy entered the garage upon his return home and asked immediately "What died?" He must have felt heartsick knowing that his nose was not lying to him.

Maybe ,since there was decomp on the bag ,it did smell and the towyard guy believed trash was the culprit.Even though he had smelled human decomp before ,he might have believed other things could create the same odor.
After he heard of Caylee's disappearance he did crawl back in that dumpster to look for the bag.

Also I remember that the towyard person who had tossed the bag in the trash had second thoughts about having done that and retrieved the bag from the trash. It could be that the story broke and prompted the tow guys action - I can't recall how that played out. He may not have noticed the smell prior to being near the car with GA. Did he report he had noticed it prior to the A's arrival? Anyone recall?

IIRC the only person I've ever heard mentioned as having driven KC's car was GA. Mind you it was KC that said so when she texted AH about the smell within her car and how her dad must have run over some squirrels (which laughingly turned into dead squirrels that had climbed up into the car frame causing the bad smell as later told by Lee). Of course we all know the squirrel theory was wrong because the smell was caused by old pizza! :rolleyes:

Also I remember that the towyard person who had tossed the bag in the trash had second thoughts about having done that and retrieved the bag from the trash. It could be that the story broke and prompted the tow guys action - I can't recall how that played out. He may not have noticed the smell prior to being near the car with GA. Did he report he had noticed it prior to the A's arrival? Anyone recall?

IIRC the only person I've ever heard mentioned as having driven KC's car was GA. Mind you it was KC that said so when she texted AH about the smell within her car and how her dad must have run over some squirrels (which laughingly turned into dead squirrels that had climbed up into the car frame causing the bad smell as later told by Lee). Of course we all know the squirrel theory was wrong because the smell was caused by old pizza! :rolleyes:
The tow guy did go to retrieve the bag,but the cops had beat him to it.

No, the manager of the tow yard told George about the odor and said it was similar to another car they had that a man comitted suicide in. So the manager was fully aware of what human decomp odor smells like. That does the beg the question of why he didn't call the police. When George opened the trunk, the tow yard manager grabbed the bag of trash, said that was where the odor was coming from and tossed it away. Perhaps George was just confused and thought the trashbag was where the odor came from - or hoped it was. Sometimes people will try to fool themselves into believing that a terrible truth can't be true. I think George was doing that. I can't imagine what must have been going through his mind as he drove home knowing they had had no contact with Caylee for 31 days and that the car had the odor of human decomp. I'm sure he desperately wanted to believe the odor was ANYTHING but what his nose was telling him it was. I'm sure when Cindy entered the garage upon his return home and asked immediately "What died?" He must have felt heartsick knowing that his nose was not lying to him.

I cannot outrule that GA didn't already know that Caylee was gone and possibly helped KC along the way with a coverup. I'm not saying that I know that this is true just that I'm not convinced it didn't happen that way.

If the A's acted differently throughout the investigation, I would give GA the benefit of doubt. Because of their behavior, which is unlike any I've witnessed in my life, I cannot.

A question from the interview with Simon B., tow lot guy. Simon tells LE that George knew when he was at the tow lot that the car was towed from Amscot. He says he doesn't know how George knew that. Do we know how George might have received that information ? This part of the interview is at the bottom of page 803, at the link below.

http://www.wftv.com/download/2008/0926/17564882.pdf

Right. I was just referring to the tow driver who originally picked up the car. I don't remember when the mgr of the yard smelled it. If it was before GA got there or when he went to the car with him. Idk. Just another odd thing in this case.

A question from the interview with Simon B., tow lot guy. Simon tells LE that George knew when he was at the tow lot that the car was towed from Amscot. He says he doesn't know how George knew that. Do we know how George might have received that information ? This part of the interview is at the bottom of page 803, at the link below.

I think CA called the tow company and asked before they went down. That's what I recall,but I'm not sure where it is in the doc dumps.I'll go delve .

I think CA called the tow company and asked before they went down. That's what I recall,but I'm not sure where it is in the doc dumps.I'll go delve .
Oh that's allright Miss James. I seem to remember reading something about the topic, but can't remember now what it was. Thanks for your response ! :)

In the transcript, SB says the car "fired right up." Even though the car was in good condition, 2 things come to mind. When a car hasn't been started in a bit, it very well could require a jump start. Also, when a car runs out of gas, doesn't it usually require to be pumped a bit before it starts? Just thinking...

I don't think CA had called the tow co, could be wrong, of course. If she had called, I'm sure she would've asked about the cost, arguing on the phone instead of in person. I don't know how GA could've possibly known the car was out of gas.

In the transcript, SB says the car "fired right up." Even though the car was in good condition, 2 things come to mind. When a car hasn't been started in a bit, it very well could require a jump start. Also, when a car runs out of gas, doesn't it usually require to be pumped a bit before it starts? Just thinking...

I once had my car run out of gas along the side of the road.
It started back up, once I put gas into it, without having to do anything extra.
My car didn't sit for any longer than maybe a hour, until I was able to get gas for it, though. I don't know if it's different when the car has been sitting for a long time.

I don't think CA had called the tow co, could be wrong, of course. If she had called, I'm sure she would've asked about the cost, arguing on the phone instead of in person. I don't know how GA could've possibly known the car was out of gas.

He knows Casey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member