the question phase continues: Arias on the stand for the 18th day #85

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent post, Minor. This illustrates, I think, that we have to raise aware boys and educate them about the serious dangers of controlling, abusive relationships, in the same way we try to raise aware and educated girls.

I think too few young men actually understand how deadly such relationships can be.

I just have to say that I totally agree!!! It seems people are far more sympathetic towards a woman being abused by a man than the opposite. My son is 8 and I fully intend to teach him just how dangerous women can be.

Would anyone be here bashing Jodi for her prior sexual history and choices if TA had been the one to brutally murder her? Not a chance, IMO.

It's sad, but that's how most of us think. Yes, I'm including myself in that. It's easy to fall into the "a man should never hit a woman" thought process and not consider a woman "hitting" a man can be just as dangerous.

My thoughts are "scrambled" but I hope that made sense. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I seen the pix in the shower showing the slit throat and that one alone was ghastly enough for me. But I do hope that Juan will use all the crime scene and autopsy photos in closing arguments to show the jury this clearly was not self defense.

Sleuth
I'm. With you
This was a brutal heinous crime! The ones on the head are so sad! All are but tonight I seen the deep wide slash to the head. Poor travis did not deserve this. Thank you
I'm with juan I support his passion for justice for travis family.

Thanks for answering. She has got me so confused with all her stories I cant keep things straight anymore.

I think she testified at the beginning that Travis lunged at her and she shot him in the head in a very close proximity and downward. If I recall correctly, Juan kept grilling her because she said it as if Travis and her were in the wrestling match. IMO-she was trying to fix the forensic evidence. Her story has changed. JMO and off memory.:waitasec:

Frankly I think the yelling of "******en die" was Jodi as she was stabbing Travis and that is why there are so many wounds on him. He would not go down and she had to fight to kill him. Travis never had the knife because if he had he would have stabbed her for sure. The only wound she had was from her hand sliding on the knife that was full of blood. Flores, himself, told Jodi that he has seen that type of injury before from someone who had stabbed another. She heard that being yelled, all right, but it came from her mouth and not Travis. jmo

MHO also. Total self projection. "F$$ckin' kill you *****" = "F...ckin' kill you bas$$rd".

Friendly reminder!

Keep the religious debate off of the thread please.

Do NOT call names or otherwise bash the defense team.

NO OFF COLOR OR SEXUAL JOKES PLEASE

No bashing of the prosecutor's team.

Websleuths is a victim friendly website.

Please keep all of the above in mind when posting.

TIA
fran
:seeya:

EXACTLY! She was the ultimate temptress. She knew that she could manipulate the hormones of Travis. I can't even articulate what I wish to at this time because I would curse and blame and it won't bring Travis back and it won't ever ever reveal the truth of what happened on June 4th. And to add a bit of misery to the table..."Hey Jude" is playing on Pandora! ACK......why???? Why is life so Eff'ed up!!!?!?!?

BBM "Manipulate the hormones of Travis" ??

I just have to say that I totally agree!!! It seems people are far more sympathetic towards a woman being abused by a man than the opposite. My son is 8 and I fully intend to teach him just how dangerous women can be.

Would anyone be here bashing Jodi for her prior sexual history and choices if TA had been the one to brutally murder her? Not a chance, IMO.

It's sad, but that's how most of us think. Yes, I'm including myself in that. It's easy to fall into the "a man should never hit a woman" thought process and not consider a woman "hitting" a man can be just as dangerous.

My thoughts are "scrambled" but I hope that made sense. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Despite your scrambles and possible fog, makes sense to me!!! I'm also sick of hearing TA should have been more careful - she was living 1,000 miles away so I'm sure he didn't feel the need to watch his back 24/7 with that distance between them.

Bottom line - a young man's life was taken away in a brutal, sick, inhumane 62 second attack that was probably more painful and horrifying than we can ever phathom!!

Well she slit his and his new gf's tires, moved to Mesa after they broke up, appeared (from what I have seen anyway) to be obsessive in her behavior, text, phone calls etc so yea I think he should have thought of her as dangerous.

I think he considered her more obsessive than dangerous. Of course I don't think he'd play Russian Roulette with his life. Dr. Lillian Glass says to run from the soft-spoken ones who talk in little-girl voices. But they seem so harmless!

If she'd made up her mind if she couldn't have him no one could, it wouldn't have made any difference if he turned her away or not. MOO.

On May 28, I think Jodi's grandparents left home at 10 that morning. Jodi was there by herself until 1, and then she left. That gave her three hours to stage the burglary. After her grandparents arrived home, they called the police to report the robbery. Jodi came home after the police had been there for a while. Maybe she lived in a terrible neighborhood because I don't hide valuable things like a laptop or computer so that no one will steal them. I just lock the door, hoping nobody's going to break in. I found it odd that she "said" that she had hidden her laptop in a laundry basket and had covered it with clothes so that nobody would steal it. Who was going to steal it--her grandmother or her grandfather? I think that was another lie. She just didn't want to give up the laptop, and she would have had to do something with it if she had reported it stolen.

On that new 10 o'clock program on HLN, I think it was Joey Jackson who said that the 25-caliber gun was a common gun--that it wasn't rare. I don't think it is a popular gun now. It was in the early to mid-1900's.

First she said she hid the laptop in the laundry basket and then another time she said she had it with her because she always kept it with her. She has just plum forgotten all the stories she's told.

Well she slit his and his new gf's tires, moved to Mesa after they broke up, appeared (from what I have seen anyway) to be obsessive in her behavior, text, phone calls etc so yea I think he should have thought of her as dangerous.

He also told a friend that if he ended up dead one Saturday morning, Jodi did it. His friend laughed him off at first. Travis then said, "I'm not kidding. " and the friend replied, "ok. I got it. "

I do think Travis had correct instincts but he ignored those instincts because it's hard for sone to really believe that the person they are with or know, could actually be dangerous, especially when it's a woman. Plus, he loved the sex. So he didn't pay attention to his gut.

I was laughing at Jodi and her use (and misuse) of "big words" and unnecessary descriptions. She makes me think of Oswald, the prison inmate on In Living Color who always talks in ridiculously big words, none of which he understands, and most of which he mixes up in a hodgepodge of existing words. It got me to thinking about her story. Here it is, in a nutshell, in Jodi-Speak, followed by translations:

Jodi:
I would proclaim in the affirmative that it is within the realm of possibility that I may have assisted the individual with the appellation of Travis Alexander to embark upon his glorious journey from the terrestrial world into the celestrial world, with the caveat that he may have journeyed to the subterrestrial world; I wouldn't be privy to that informational data of the post-terrestrial sphere of existence.
(Translation: Yes, I killed Travis Alexander.)

snipped for space...
love it, very well done!

One of the most damning testimony IMO for her today was the jury question whether she would have admitted anything if LE had never caught on or something like that.

She had a long pregnant pause and then finally answered "i dont know".

That proved to the jury that she possibly would have never turned herself in and just got away with murder. The jury probably had their mouths open in amazement as they are sitting there thinking "well we will take care of that possibility for you. Guilty as charged"

I'm jumping around thread so if this already mentioned sorry.. Idk if you saw some of the discussions on threads regarding personality disorders & sociopathic tendencies..

First thing to keep in mind JA obviously doesn't play by the same rules the rest of us period.. I'm not a Dr but I feel she demonstrates classic borderline histrionic disorder traits (www.outofthefog.net or www.shrink4men.com or Google it) with that being said unlike one of us who may try to make up with an ex would text asking if ok to stop by or maybe stop by without texting with going to leave check in mail box saw car in drive BUT we'd do it at 7pm or Saturday afternoon NOT at 11pm or 4am this sets her up for her victim role.. I don't have $ for motel, friend not home not answering etc even if he hates her guts she literally has no where to go & couldn't due to moral compass just slam door in her face (if she actually want to front door).

Basically she zeros in on his weakness funny but FOG stands for FEAR (tires slashed again blackmail with text/calls) OBLIGATION (obligated to help her due to past relations or knows she's not right) GUILT (can't let single woman sleep in car or he feels its partly his fault she's behaving this way). You see how JA picks apart questions by JM can you imagine how arguments were between JA & TA? After that much Mind F'n many people know which way is up let alone what's going on so not as easy as locking a door or calling 911 JA claims she was abused but her actions scream mental/emotional abuse toward TA
jmo

Absolutely, I was just reading (yes, again) Flores' report. One roomate was very clear about the number of arguments. He said they did argue about her showing up at his home unannounced, arguments about her moving to Mesa after they were alreday broken up, calls at inappropriate times, etc... The roommate when on to say he felt TA was trying to help JA out because she didn't have anyone else in Mesa.

Relationships between two mature adults are hard enough, I can only imagine what it would be like with someone with a personality disorder.

Am I mistaken or when Jodi first told us how she shot him, I could have sworn she told us that as she was pointing the gun at him, he tackled her and they were wrestling on the floor and it just "went off". Does anybody remember this or am i just confused because today she says she is standing pointing the gun at him and then shot him while standing.

I may have this wrong but could have sworn she changed this up on us today.
No, you are not mistaken,- IMO - in fact, wasn't this her famous "linebacker" testimony?

Frankly I think the yelling of "******en die" was Jodi as she was stabbing Travis and that is why there are so many wounds on him. He would not go down and she had to fight to kill him. Travis never had the knife because if he had he would have stabbed her for sure. The only wound she had was from her hand sliding on the knife that was full of blood. Flores, himself, told Jodi that he has seen that type of injury before from someone who had stabbed another. She heard that being yelled, all right, but it came from her mouth and not Travis. jmo

I agree. And no human being ever deserves such cruelty inflicted upon them, unless of course, it is JA. :D:D

Something interesting that I learned while watching the new HLN show last night. The items that were robbed from JA's grandparents were some $20 cash - JA's, a DVD player, and the 25 caliber gun. In the same place that the 25 caliber gun was taken from, there were other shotguns and rifles that were not stolen. Makes ya wonder...

I have a thought, but before I post it I want to make it very clear that I ask this question knowing it will be nibbled on, picked over and under, inside and out, skinned, smoked and tenderized with the end result being as close to the truth as anyone will ever know about some of what happened to TA in that bathroom.

JA says the gun was on the shelf, right? Is it possible she hid the gun on the shelf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay