The Roy Kronk Connection- Opening Statements-Kronk takes the stand 2011.06.28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bolding mine.

I have been interested in the "Kronk Connection" for 2.5 years and have spent many, many hours reading here and at other sites to see if I could make all the pieces fit. In all that time, and specifically since the start of this trial, I have never seen anyone post here who thinks RK held the body somewhere...:confused:

I do think his testimony in interviews and depositions so far, however, have enough inconsistencies with his own, and other people's testimonies and depositions to allow the DT to say that the body was moved. I don't think it was moved. But as I outlined earlier in this thread:

1. There are depositions on file for RC (the fired deputy) and Deputy Keithlin (sorry just can't call her KC) explaining the location RK took them to in August. In RC's interview, he took them right to where RK told him to look while CSI was clearing the crime scene down the block. He claims MR did not take him to the crime scene, but just near it.
2. Deputy Keithlin - who has already testified in this case about the night ICA was arrested and was very believable in her testimony, IMO - confirmed RC's story about where they were standing/looking when she arrived.
3. RK himself said that he is 99.9%-100% sure it was the same skull he saw in August that he found in December, but he is less than 50% sure it was in the same place.
4. RK's account of what he said to his coworkers on August 11 and what they recalled are extremely different, but the one coworker who did remember him saying he saw a bag and a skull claimed that he made those two statements in two locations over 40 feet apart, with the skull comment being made the furthest from the actual crime scene location. The other one doesn't remember RK making the statement at all.
5. Description on the MR’s 911 calls in August as well as his call to Crimeline mention several non-unique landmarks (fallen trees, bags, and white items), but does not mention the six foot tall solid wooden fence visible in the crime scene photos. The same fence LE states in the official crime scene report that the remains were "just past". And now, the fence JB kept bringing up with JH asking him did they see this fence in their searches.

In order for Deputy Keithlin, former deputy RC, RK's coworker DD, and RK himself to all be giving accurate information, the skull would have to be in a different place in December than it was in August. I don't think it was moved; I think Caylee was right where ICA left her in June. But to assume it wasn't moved, we now have three people who have said that what RK tried to show them was in one spot and the remains ended up somewhere else. That is the sliver of doubt JB is exploiting.

I do hope RK has been working with his attorney. In his previous interviews I have found him to be understandably angry and even a little vicious and spiteful. We certainly don't need angry, vicious and spiteful today. Just the whole truth.

:lepsmilie: Good luck, Mr. Kronk.

Isn't it possible that animals dragged the bag and its contents 40 feet?

Da, da, dum, dum, dum ... another one's under the bus.
Da, da, dum, dum, dum ... another one's under the bus.
And another one's gone
And another one's gone
Another one's under the bus.

:violin::violin:, :violin::violin:, :violin::violin: ,:violin::violin:

Isn't it possible that animals dragged the bag and its contents 40 feet?

Not if the scientists for the state are to be believed. They have stated very clearly that the disarticulation happened prior to decomposition, that the body would have been completely skeletonized by 8/11, and that roots grew through the vertebrae and ribs. I don't think it could have gone 40 feet after 8/11 and yet stayed in the groups it was found. If your question is could the whole bag have floated 40 feet, I would say sure, that's possible. But if your question is could different skeletonized sections of the body float 40 feet but land in groups like they did, then no, I don't think it is possible.

Thanks to DT I finally know why RK didn't do anything for months.
He got chewed out by LE for a half hour being called names by LE Cain.

So I am now convinced that there is noting sinister with Mr. Kronk.
I do not believe GA had an affair either, but that had no business being
discussed, imo, in the first place except to add insult to injury.

Even though Lee sat down next to his mom and dad, it was obvious to me
that there is a great deal of stress in their family as not one looked at the other,
no pats on the back or words of comfort.

moo

The question now remains; has SA proven beyond a reasonable doubt that Casey
killed Caylee....

Da Kronkinator!
201101250152DPV.gif

Didn't we have a support thread for Kronk? I swear I remember one, I swear I remember posting in it. I'll be darned if I can find it.

Maybe I need to be declared incompetent! :floorlaugh: :woohoo:
We did, it got merged into this one!

Why do you think he intentionally lied about this, as opposed to being nervous or upset? I don't think any of us believe he had a part in Caylee's death or disposal. Are you implying that you think he did?

Well I didnt know if he did or not but I thought he was not telling the truth ,so in court I just watched and it still looks as if he wasnt telling the truth.

Which Baez's point about the Jaw and the duct tape is made.
The scene is altered. No if and or buts about it. He lifted the skull with his stick and it was not half buried or stuck .

I have to admit I was a bit worried about RK's testimony today, but I found him to be a very credible witness. Thank you Mr Kronk for holding up to some very repetitive questioning.

Nope, he did not call 911. He called the non emergency number, and then crimeline, and later his supervisor.

No matter what...Kronk called 911...something ICA made a choice NOT to do....

Just curious, what type of success did you have on the searches you did?

I doubt it.

Before Caylee's case I had participated in every missing person's search that occurred within a 6 hour drive. If I was reasonably able to. Elizabeth Smart went missing just as I started puking from an unrecognized pregnancy. I searched for 10 days before finally realizing I was not puking because of her disappearance and exhaustion, but from pregnancy. I continued searching as long as searches continued... and she was found when my daughter was a month old.

I searched for numerous other people from 2002 - 2008 when Caylee was found. Kids that got lost in the mountains, homicide victims, anyone who was missing.

After Roy Kronk found Caylee and got the reaction he did?

I completely reconsidered searching at all.

I had numerous ideas of places to look for a couple of missing people. Opportunities to search. But a fear that if I did find them I would somehow be implicated in the case.

I pretty much have reached the conclusion that having an alibi for the time of the disappearance isn't good enough. I could still be accused of moving the body later!

If I ever did go out and search and find something... I have convinced myself that I would report it completely anonymously. (Whether I actually would or not, I am not sure.)

Casey Anthony and her defense team have me SO scared... that is the compromise I have reached so that I still feel comfortable searching.

I know I'm not the only one. I use to be able to get a very large group of people to search with me.
Now it is a handful.

Their accusations have truly affected the searches for people who are really missing.
And that very much angers me.

It may actually be pretty easy for Baez to have Kronk look like a liar. IMO, RK is lying about a number of things in his various previous testimonies.

I don't think he moved the body, but Baez will try to push things in that direction.

don't think he moved the body from location to location.... but he did pick up the skull with a stick 4 foot off the ground thru the eye socket wouldn't the duct tape have fallen off the at that time or did they find the tape only stuck to the hair? I am confused because I thought the duct tape was on the skull and roots growing thru the skull...

don't think he moved the body from location to location.... but he did pick up the skull with a stick 4 foot off the ground thru the eye socket wouldn't the duct tape have fallen off the at that time or did they find the tape only stuck to the hair? I am confused because I thought the duct tape was on the skull and roots growing thru the skull...

Can you direct me to where he said he lifted it four feet off the ground? I only heard him say he "pivoted" it up - no lifting at all.

But I was watching on Skyfire, might have missed it.

Thanks!

I think he appeared to be a very normal working guy with all the usual family and money problems. He and his co-workers were naturally affected by the Caylee coverage and RK was understandably persistent in his feeling that something was in that area. That opinion wasn't a huge leap considering it's distance from the Anthony home and overgrown nature which he and his co-workers recognized as a good place to hide a body. I doubt CM was successful in making RK the "bad guy" here. in fact, his beligerance likely made RK more likeable than he otherwise would have been. Perhaps people on the jury even empathized with RK and though about what it would be like to be him, a regular guy, a good samaritan, dragged into ICA's web of lies

From the way the defense described Kronk, I thought he would fall apart on the stand and yell out "OK, I did it!!" Far from it! He was one of the more credible witnesses for either side.

Kronk made Mason look foolish- again!

MG- it turns out that it was Kronk's co-worker who said that was a good place to hide Caylee's body- not Kronk!!

I now anticipate that the Defense will subpoena the dead rattlesnake to determine why everyone was more interested in it than the potential skull in the woods.

BTW, that HLN analyst Sunny Hostin is really getting on my nerves. She was saying the Defense made good headway on Kronk.

What? Did you watch what I did? Kronk addressed all the rumors that the Defense spread about him including the alleged phone call to his son in November.

When they first called the correction officer guy & he said he worked in the jail where Casey was being held...I was thinking:waitasec: The DT is sooo desperate they're gonna go with Lenny's daisy chain ???:floorlaugh:

From the way the defense described Kronk, I thought he would fall apart on the stand and yell out "OK, I did it!!" Far from it! He was one of the more credible witnesses for either side.

Kronk made Mason look foolish- again!

MG- it turns out that it was Kronk's co-worker who said that was a good place to hide Caylee's body- not Kronk!!

I now anticipate that the Defense will subpoena the dead rattlesnake to determine why everyone was more interested in it than the potential skull in the woods.

BTW, that HLN analyst Sunny Hostin is really getting on my nerves. She was saying the Defense made good headway on Kronk.

What? Did you watch what I did? Kronk addressed all the rumors that the Defense spread about him including the alleged phone call to his son in November.

Yeah and his co worker stating he told Kronk he believed that's where Caylee was

He did not sayhe lifted the skull four feet off the ground. He lifted the BAG 4 ft and the skull was not in the bag, it was on the ground, surrounded by roots. He poked it with his metal stick and moved it, but did not lift it , by what I heard him say. imoo

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Simple common sense tells one that if Roy Kronk had anything to do with this case other than finding Caylee, he would not have called the police several times. 'Nuff said.

All I can say is...almost three years to prepare and today was all the DT had? I believe they will recall him, but the thunder & lightning has already passed. CM looked lost at the podium, fumbled for deposition papers, stated wrong dates (perhaps on purpose (trickery?)), and basically, IMO, set the defense back. I can't think of one time where the DT was able to "win", and give me any cause for concern.

The biggest and most important fact was that RK found Caylee, even after being dismissed by LE several times, he still persevered and gave Caylee the diginity she deserved.

RK rose to the DT challenge, spoke the truth, and walked out of that court room with his head held high. Seeing CM run after him on his way out was ironic for me - the DT, still chasing after innocent people to try and drag them back in.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back