The Rumor Mill -- unsubstantiated, yet possible relevant information

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The decapitation comment wasn't from a msm source, so I'm simply going to disregard it altogether.

Sorry if I sidetracked the thread, I'm all caught up now;) On another note, has it been discussed that LISK could be a fisherman. That whole stretch is pretty popular with the surfcasting community.

Anyone who has a problem with a post is expected to send a private message to a moderator. We don't call out other posters in the thread and tell them how to post.

Read The Rules.

Sorry if I sidetracked the thread, I'm all caught up now;) On another note, has it been discussed that LISK could be a fisherman. That whole stretch is pretty popular with the surfcasting community.

So tell us more about the fisherman theory that is popular with the surfcasting community. I wonder if JB was into fishing.

But it's re: how this subject/rumor relates to LISK.
And I'm in the process of moving over the entire discussion. So it won't make sense sitting here on its own. ;)

So tell us more about the fisherman theory that is popular with the surfcasting community. I wonder if JB was into fishing.
I didn't say it was popular theory within the surfcaster community, I meant Oak Beach, Gilgo, RM, and Jones Beach has guys fishing from sundown to sun up. The back bays are also popular with the boat guys fishing for striped bass. Burlap is used to handle live eels at night, they are slimy and impossible to get on a hook with bare hands.

With forensics today wouldn't you think they know exactly where the burlap came from?

With forensics today wouldn't you think they know exactly where the burlap came from?

What do you mean - where the burlap was produced? I doubt it. Even if that were possible, the burlap at GB4 had been sitting in the elements for months, and I'm sure was the worse for wear. Burlap is fairly common and can be bought easily; it's used by landscapers, clammers (in the Great South Bay that has it's shore on Gilgo), drug dealers (coke is wrapped for export from South America in it), etc.

As common as burlap is I doubt that all burlap made by different manufacturers is going to be made of the same exact fibers from the same locations in the world using the exact manufacturing tooling, technique, materials etc., but I may be wrong.

This is very interesting:
http://www.sfu.museum/forensics/eng/pg_media-media_pg/isotopes/

I think you're right, CPaul. Burlap is one of those fabrics that would trap all sorts of stuff within its fibers. I have no doubt that forensic scientists can analyze it and determine the general origins of the burlap. I also think that its likely that DNA from someone other than the victims was recovered from Gilgo, but it hasn't triggered a match in the system. MOO.

Has anyone ever heard the rumor that the police had a person of interest who ran a business in Gilgo Beach on OP and also lived off OP? I heard this rumor from someones whose family was in LE, and it's the only theory that ever really struck me as realistic. The man recently passed away about 6 months ago and I wonder if this might have something to do with the renewed investigation. The POI would have lived and grown up on OP and likely knows it better than anyone else. The man's initials were RH. I think someone must have heard it, but the fact that it comes straight from a cop makes me think this person could very likely be the killer. They seem to fit the profile quite well.

Also I believe this POI has lived in Manorville has a relative living there. Can anyone help with sleuthing this POI?

Lindsay, Havent heard this before. What type of business? Seasonal? Keep in mind that cops have told locals that Bissett was the killer. Perhaps more rumors.

I actually heard this before the Bissett rumor broke. The business is seasonal should narrow it down for you. For what it's worth I THINK the rumor came from a nassau cop. Do you know how to interpret this:

"He dedicated over half his life as a sponsor unselfishly helping others through their most challenging times"

Does this mean he was involved in AA or substance abuse support group? Could be significant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper