The Rumor Mill -- unsubstantiated, yet possible relevant information

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said find the gilgo utopia guide thread and look up ripper69's post where he says he got shiver from reading the article about the killers call to melissa's sister. Always struck me as odd, now I see ripper69 is active in sarasota. This place is more quiet than op at night. We've got a poi who was suspected by LE allegedly, the gilgo bodies surround are right next to property and he's got a jane and john doe just 5 miles from his residence is FL found in 2007. I have a feeling we might be on to something here but all i hear is crickets

LindsayLohan6, I've always felt the killer moves around between NY and FL. Always trust your instinct, lady! It may be nothing but it may be something.

Keep going!

If and I realize that it is a big if, 57 is lisk that would answer the whole seasonal aspect of the crime. It appears that there are two family homes in GB and Florida. It feels weird saying such things about a dead man. At this point, how would LE ever be able to collect evidence since he has been dead for 6 plus months?

Has anyone looked at paths from the GBI to the dumps sites? Does everyone still believe the bodies where dumped by a vehicle? I'm not sure if i believe this anymore. What other methods are possible? I believe the G4 were chosen because their stature would make it easy to dump them. Anyone familiar with GBI who can offer some insight. What we have is a poi who probably knows the dump sites better than any other person. We need to look for the Manorville connection

Can you elaborate any more on what you heard marble?

It's been so long I can't remember the details- I think I saw a some comments on either a local news site or a local LE message board. It was interesting enough that I did end up doing some research regarding who owned the property and the business's history- 57's name is in my files- but I didn't get any further than that basic info so I'm no help, sorry.

Why would 57 be a suspect? There has to be a basis for it. And did the homocide DT's really leak this information?

It's been so long I can't remember the details- I think I saw a some comments on either a local news site or a local LE message board. It was interesting enough that I did end up doing some research regarding who owned the property and the business's history- 57's name is in my files- but I didn't get any further than that basic info so I'm no help, sorry.

are u sure you didn't hear it a few years ago when i posted the the article about dune erosion on here? If not i'd really like to see what the comments said about the business. I'm not sure why this person is a poi there is probably something we don't know, but all i heard was there something off about him. I feel like he could have been a suspect by default, just looking at how the bodies are close to business/residence and his knowledge of the area but what made him creepy or off i don't know. I'd really like some more info on this

Is Burlap used to combat dune erosion? Google New Dune Erodes in Gilgo

This was a good question so I did some research. It appears that burlap isn't used during the planting phase for beach grass and similar, but larger shrubbery/foliage would either come wrapped in it (we are back to the Nursery angle) or re-located wild vegetation is advised to be transported/planted along with its with a soil ball wrapped in burlap.

Here's the specs for combatting soil erosion specific to NY http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/water_pdf/sec3.pdf (burlap is only mentioned twice).

are u sure you didn't hear it a few years ago when i posted the the article about dune erosion on here? If not i'd really like to see what the comments said about the business. I'm not sure why this person is a poi there is probably something we don't know, but all i heard was there something off about him. I feel like he could have been a suspect by default, just looking at how the bodies are close to business/residence and his knowledge of the area but what made him creepy or off i don't know. I'd really like some more info on this

I really think it was locals (LE or otherwise) who made insinuating comments due to all of the things you mentioned: proximity, being a "bachelor", etc. And, you know, being anonymous commenters (and/or trolls) on the internet. I didn't go very far in my research because I didn't give it a ton of serious weight (again: a couple comments pertaining to anonymous rumors!) but I did waste an hour or two looking to see what I could fine at some point quite a while ago. Sorry, but don't have anything useful to add one way or another!

Thanks marble. Let me know if you can find the comments, would like to read them

Any opinion on the comments about the creepy phone calls? Can anyone find any info on that site? I am thinking because there shows hundreds of post from that date, I wonder if the original post was on an earlier date but for some reason shows up as being 2015. Maybe the data is copied from another site? I can't see that site getting so much traffic that is has so many posts on the same date as the post about 57's #. Can anyone figure this out?

Ok I went back to the case of Jane & John Doe in Sarasota. Although they were found a couple miles apart, the woman was found in feb 2007 and the man was found Sept 2015 with a penny dated 2012 in his pocket. Now here's the kicker, the man although dead sometime after 2012 was found with a motorola phone NOT TURNED ON SINCE 2008! https://billwarnermyblog.wordpress.com/category/sarasota-john-doe-cattlemen-rd/

The phone used to call Maureen?!

"The dead guy had been carrying a Motorola flip phone that had not been turned on since 2008, A PENNY DATED 2012 WAS FOUND NEAR THE BODY. The man had healed rib fractures, and the second toe on his left foot also had a healed fracture. He suffered from gout, he was a drinker, and had most of his teeth, with no apparent dental restorations."

Decap? http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20150916/article/150919727
Workers with a private water company found a skull in the 100 block of Cattlemen Road behind L3 Communications when they were clearing a path to a well. They called 911 at about 12:40 p.m.

Forensic services located the rest of the remains about 50 feet south of a nearby parking lot.

If memory serves, the original posts about 57 were taken down. I always thought it was because there were names. Maybe I'm wrong but I clearly remember reading about 57 but I think he was still alive at the time. I thought the proximity stood out to me. Did anyone notice the comment in the obituary about boat rides after dark?

Did anyone notice the comment in the obituary about boat rides after dark?

Yes, "boat rides after work" which more than likely means after dark given the type of establishment he owned. Found it interesting that was something he was known for. Perhaps that's one of the things that made anonymous commenters want to mention him as someone they suspected.

Yes, "boat rides after work" which more than likely means after dark given the type of establishment he owned. Found it interesting that was something he was known for. Perhaps that's one of the things that made anonymous commenters want to mention him as someone they suspected.

bodies dumped by boat?

Has anyone looked at paths from the GBI to the dumps sites? Does everyone still believe the bodies where dumped by a vehicle? I'm not sure if i believe this anymore. What other methods are possible? I believe the G4 were chosen because their stature would make it easy to dump them. Anyone familiar with GBI who can offer some insight. What we have is a poi who probably knows the dump sites better than any other person. We need to look for the Manorville connection

Boat or ATV...
ETA: Jetski, also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads