The Rumor Mill -- unsubstantiated, yet possible relevant information

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Notorius, concerning your POI. Does anything about Thursdays and Sundays stand out? Pay day or days off of work? Most of the girls went missing on these days. Most of the calls were made to Amanda on these days too.

That's interesting. I'd have to look into that more. As far as I know right now, no. There's no connection but there very well could be.

By the way. I have an interesting bit of news. I forwarded some information to someone with a connection of sorts, to the lead investigator from Suffolk. After I found some new info that could possibly place my POI in or around the Bronx on the day that Melissa Barthelemy went missing, I got an email back from him. He said......

" Since your [POI], really had not direct connection to the victims, Suffolk Homicide was not very receptive with the last tip we sent."

He went on to say:

Like [contact's partner] and myself, I am guessing Suffolk has their own suspect list that we are not privy too, and thats why they are not receptive.

I wonder if his perception is based on the fact that they seemed disinterested or because he knows something more.

He ended by saying:
"So we might have to give your tip to the FBI or another agency."

In five years I find it hard to believe that if they do have a suspect, they haven't built up enough probable cause to arrest him yet. This guy had to leave a digital footprint somewhere! 20, 30 years ago I may have believed it but in today's world, no.

If they don't have one yet, that's also disturbing because that means they aren't putting any type of priority on this case. They call it an active investigation but it seems to be more like a cold case. They should be following EVERY lead they can.

They've had a suspect since April 2011: http://nypost.com/2011/04/08/cops-eyeing-suspect-in-grisly-long-island-murders/

Note the date in relation to the drifter article.

What is interesting, among other things, in that article is that Atlantic City murder victim Kim Raffo's x-husband claim that while he and Raffo were on Long Island (this was mid october 2006):

“We were fighting, and she hopped on a bus to Atlantic City. I never saw her again,” Auslander said.

BUT!...That is NOT true, he lied in lots of interviews about that, I wonder why?
Because I have copies of a conversation I had with Raffo's x-husband (on the closed LISK-forum) where he is saying that on the 14th of October, 2006
after Raffo had left for AC, he himself traveled to Atlantic City !!!

I wonder if the AC police are aware of this ?

But did he see her in AC? I agree the POI in the article clearly appears to center around Raffo and HA's stay on LI. In shame in all these years we have no details on this angle at all

But did he see her in AC? I agree the POI in the article clearly appears to center around Raffo and HA's stay on LI. In shame in all these years we have no details on this angle at all
They stayed in the Jericho motel while they were on LI.

They've had a suspect since April 2011: http://nypost.com/2011/04/08/cops-eyeing-suspect-in-grisly-long-island-murders/

Note the date in relation to the drifter article.

Interesting. I don't know how much I trust the NY Post in general but there could be some truth to this article. I'm also not very familiar to the Atlantic city case and so I can't really comment on that aspect.

So if they already have a suspect, what's holding them up from arresting this guy? This case is so convoluted! There's just so many different angles and forks in the road. That's why for a long time I believed that LISK was a total outsider. Someone that no ones here has ever heard of. You would think police have probed ALL of these people already. The drifter, the doctor, Brewer, Pak, Terry, etc, etc.......or maybe that's just the true crime lover in me hoping for surprise ending. How anticlimactic would it be if we were to find out it was someone that we already thought it could be?

Because even if they are absolutely positive who the killer is..how can they prove it? If there is no DNA what would they have on them? That's why I suspect the killer lives close or on OP. Minimum time with the bodies, minimum risk. Even if the killer is dumping right outside his house, how can LE ever prove it? Their whole system is based on DNA now, the don't know how to solve murders without it. DNA or a confession. Even with an electronic footprint, or even a phone call what does it prove?

Lindsay, you might be right. Maybe LE knows who the killer is. What happens if the killer is dead? Do they say so or does the case remain open forever? Im going back to my original thoughts. The killer is alive and does not live on the Island. I think he put a distance between his place of residence and the dumping ground. He knows how LE thinks.

Because even if they are absolutely positive who the killer is..how can they prove it? If there is no DNA what would they have on them? That's why I suspect the killer lives close or on OP. Minimum time with the bodies, minimum risk. Even if the killer is dumping right outside his house, how can LE ever prove it? Their whole system is based on DNA now, the don't know how to solve murders without it. DNA or a confession. Even with an electronic footprint, or even a phone call what does it prove?

Cases absolutely can be solved without DNA. What do you think they did decades ago before DNA evidence? Jury's, not police, are the ones who expect to see it because they see it as fool proof evidence. All police need is probable cause in order to make an arrest. One small connection. That could be anything from a phone call, to an email, a witness, anything that connects him to the victims. He had to slip up somewhere along the lines. I strongly believe most of these girls were way too street smart to just trust a complete stranger, leave behind their safety measures, just because they were offered a large sum of cash, one time. At least one of them would've side eyed it. I believe this guy groomed them for quite some time which means he had contact for a while, with each girl & maybe that's why there's so much time between each murder.

Do you suspect that it's one of the people involved in the Shannan Gilbert case? As a long islander, you know that those homes go for big money on the ocean parkway.

I am not a long islander, don't be insulting! The houses might be expensive but there are people living there like "the drifter" or someone staying in a home they don't own. Also could be right on the bayside of Massapequa. Cases can be solved without DNA but i think cops have become pretty dependent on it.

This is the second time I've seen a tatoo mentioned but dont' recall reading about it. Can someone fill me in, what did I miss? Thanks!

Probably not the right place to ask this question, but where can I find out more about 'the drifter'?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you are in the right place! The drifter is a mystery...http://nypost.com/2011/04/09/2nd-man-partied-with-missing-li-hooker/

All we know for sure he was 48, liked strippers and his mother lived in Massapequa. The important massapequa connection. You can read "confessions of the oak beach drifter" but I do not believe this book was written by the man who was there that night. In the book he claims he wasn't there so that rules him out. think the drifter is not the author, the author is just some guy who lived at brewers and wants to cash in. As for the drifter's true identity it a mystery. It's been claimed on here the drifter was a tugboat cap named eric, but the poster also claimed the man wasn't there that night, so this could be a dead end as well. Whoever the drifter is...he WAS there that night. We need someone to come forward who knows the REAL drifter's identity!

I am not a long islander, don't be insulting! The houses might be expensive but there are people living there like "the drifter" or someone staying in a home they don't own. Also could be right on the bayside of Massapequa. Cases can be solved without DNA but i think cops have become pretty dependent on it.

Excuse me, I was not trying to be insulting to you in ANY way. My apologies if it came off that way. I was asking a sincere question because maybe you aren't as familiar with the area as I am. People who don't live here may not understand how expensive it is to live on the shoreline. Firstly, there aren't that many homes in that area. Oak Beach and a few scattered homes along the way. Beach front homes goe for big money here. You are talking 500k and upwards of million dollar homes. I'm sure there's one or two scattered homes for under $500k but it's rare. Here's a link for a general search of homes in the area and you can see for yourself. http://m.trulia.com/NY/Oak_Beach/
The further inland you go, the cheaper the homes are. Homes in general are more expensive here.

Not sure what you're referring to with the "bay side" of Massapequa. My aunt lives there. There's a road that runs pretty much the whole length of the island called "montauk Highway". Anything south of that road is big money. My aunt lives south of montauk in a home worth well over $500k. The closer to the water, the more expensive houses are.
I was just trying to point out the fact that if you think it's one of those people from oak beach than its someone with money. I'm not very familiar with this drifter you keep talking about. It's very possible people sublet their homes out.

I agree that it makes a detectives job easier if they find DNA but cases that have been tried and won on completely circumstantial evidence in the past few decades. Just watch dateline and 48 hours and you will see. DNA had also exhonorated tons of people. We have to assume that there's not going to be any DNA in this case because the bodies were exposed to the elements for so long and were found in varying states of decomposition. The cops have no choice here but to press on and find other forms of evidence. Whom ever is doing this, has studied up on past cases and is making sure not to make the same mistakes others have made in the past.

Notorius, have you asked your POI about his tattoo?

No I haven't asked. There's two reasons why. One is that I am trying to keep my distance from him. Two is that I know if I ask, it's very unlikely that I will get the truth. He's a person who likes to play games with people.

For those who don't know, I have long suspected that someone I know can possibly be LISK. Well I was half jokingly suspecting him but recently he posted a pic of a very creepy tattoo he got. It's a woman's face. The face appears pretty normal looking. She has the dead looking expression on her face though. She's not smiling or showing any type of emotion. Her head is ever so slightly tilted back and she's looking at you through the bottoms of her eyes. In one hand she's holding a human heart, I suppose symbolizing the heartache he spoke about when he captioned the pic. What's creepy about the tattoo is a few things. One is that she has a small cross on her forehead, kind of where Charles Manson has a swastica tattooed. From that cross is a fan shaped spider web that attaches to her hair line. I cannot figure out the symbolism there especially since he's a self proclaimed atheist. Why would an atheist want a cross and why on the forehead? Then on her chin is what looks to be either half a sun or a sun flower. It's hard to tell. There also appears to be something dripping from one side of her mouth onto the sun/sunflower thing. Can't tell if it's blood or drool seeing that the whole tattoo is done in black ink. There's no color. Also, her arms look normal too except her skin looks like tree bark or like flaking or decaying skin. I've shown quite a few friends and they all agree that it's one of the most creepy tattoos they've ever seen. I cannot figure out ANY of the symbolism.

No I haven't asked. There's two reasons why. One is that I am trying to keep my distance from him. Two is that I know if I ask, it's very unlikely that I will get the truth. He's a person who likes to play games with people.

For those who don't know, I have long suspected that someone I know can possibly be LISK. Well I was half jokingly suspecting him but recently he posted a pic of a very creepy tattoo he got. It's a woman's face. The face appears pretty normal looking. She has the dead looking expression on her face though. She's not smiling or showing any type of emotion. Her head is ever so slightly tilted back and she's looking at you through the bottoms of her eyes. In one hand she's holding a human heart, I suppose symbolizing the heartache he spoke about when he captioned the pic. What's creepy about the tattoo is a few things. One is that she has a small cross on her forehead, kind of where Charles Manson has a swastica tattooed. From that cross is a fan shaped spider web that attaches to her hair line. I cannot figure out the symbolism there especially since he's a self proclaimed atheist. Why would an atheist want a cross and why on the forehead? Then on her chin is what looks to be either half a sun or a sun flower. It's hard to tell. There also appears to be something dripping from one side of her mouth onto the sun/sunflower thing. Can't tell if it's blood or drool seeing that the whole tattoo is done in black ink. There's no color. Also, her arms look normal too except her skin looks like tree bark or like flaking or decaying skin. I've shown quite a few friends and they all agree that it's one of the most creepy tattoos they've ever seen. I cannot figure out ANY of the symbolism.

Several of us on this site think that tattos are part of the killers signature. Several suspected victims had their tattoos cut off or mutilated. I think there is a thread about tattoos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momo1