The Sidebar - Harris Trial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, only potato in his stomach (could that be hashbrowns from CFA?) **ETA**: it's gotta be hashbrowns from CFA, which are actually more like tater tot medallions. Who whips up potatoes at home for breakfast on a routine day?

Another question, he seems to be late a LOT. I don't see him making it a priority to be 30 to 40 minutes early to that (was it?) 5:00 movie, that he says he's running late. It doesn't seem like RH's style. Just another non-routine behavior we can chalk up to "unluckiest person ever" syndrome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I always think of Ross like Charlie Brown a at Halloween..
I got a chocolate bar
I got a candy
I got an apple
Charlie Brown:I got a rock

He can't get out of his own way imo

Eh. Maybe it just feels good to him to be around regular folks rather than the folks in jail he's been associating with for the past 2 years. ;)

Why? He has more in common, IMO, with the dudes he's in jail with than "regular folks". He can be himself with them. Let's not forget that this guy is a disgusting criminal who sent photos of his genitals to a minor and solicited the same from her. Regardless of whether this guy murdered his kid, he's no average, middle class, church going white guy. He's a despicable predator. I kind of think the fact that he came from that world though makes people give him the benefit of the doubt more. And see his conduct in a less negative light than if someone else did the very same things.

I've snipped this for length and hope I did so correctly as it was my first time.

I have really enjoyed my time with all of you all, this is my first case here.

And now with something funny (after all these horrible things): I freely admit I am a :cuckoo:, at least a little and probably more. Let me take you back to my youth, when dinosaurs roomed lol. I was in a dorm, second year of college, and got an obscene phone call. Except I didn't REALIZE it was one? They guy kept asking me if I would be interested in fellatio. Well I had NO idea what he was talking about. I guess I must have said "what?" a couple of times, and THEN I said, :drumroll: "If your're trying to sell something like siding I live in a dorm and they keep it real nice" :hilarious: I don't know why I thought it was vinyl siding, can't remember. Any who the obscene caller hung up on me!

Hope that leaves you all with a smile!

Snipped for space.

Ha ha! It did! I called my 80 year old mother who is a total firecracker (and has almost completed a double major since retirement) and read that to her. She got a good kick out of that! She laughed!!

IIRC that came from the EMT, could have been misunderstanding, he may not have known about CF jmho

IIRC, Leanna testified that Cooper often ate a morning snack before leaving for daycare. His daycare teachers said Cooper had a huge appetite. All the more curious for that morning, eh? Really, he might well have been too sleepy to eat much.

He also stops and there is a dead silence, alot of ummm, ummmm when he tells Stoddard how the guys at lunch dropped him off.

You could tell he was purposely leaving out the stop at the car with the lightbulbs.

I didn't pick up on that until I lreally listened and took down his testimony.
I wondered if RH thought the receipt he tossed in trash was for light bulbs and not for lunch.

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk

I wondered if RH thought the receipt he tossed in trash was for light bulbs and not for lunch.

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk

I had that thought after seeing the video, as well.

I know I'm not the only one having ws problems. I am on an iPad...anyone else having same issues on iPad?

Man I've been having problems with every darn computer I have. Work computer. Home computer. Laptop. Iphone. Every one is sluggish and freezes. But not just on Websleuths. I'm going crazy.

Maybe he was too tired to eat much? ;)

I kind of believe anyone with kids can look at the video of him in CFA and see that he can't be that tired. He's sitting straight up. Looking around. Alert. Body not leaning against his dad. Head not on dad's shoulder. If he was that tired that morning that he was unable to eat at CFA he sure didn't look it.

He also stops and there is a dead silence, alot of ummm, ummmm when he tells Stoddard how the guys at lunch dropped him off.

You could tell he was purposely leaving out the stop at the car with the lightbulbs.

I didn't pick up on that until I lreally listened and took down his testimony.

That was one of the most chilling moments of the trial IMO. After he told Stoddard that the guys dropped him off after lunch he paused for several seconds, said ummmm......ummmmm and then he shook his head NO before resuming the narrative by saying he finished his day at work. I think we saw him in that moment consciously make the decision not to share that he stopped at the car to drop off the light bulbs.

JMO

IIRC, Leanna testified that Cooper often ate a morning snack before leaving for daycare. His daycare teachers said Cooper had a huge appetite. All the more curious for that morning, eh? Really, he might well have been too sleepy to eat much.

I'm reminded by this that LH stated cooper hadn't slept well the last two nights in a row which was very unusual. I'm not religious, but am spiritual in a sense and really believe people can sense their own death sometimes. Creepy I know...but I've been thinking about it.(cooper, not myself lol)

That was one of the most chilling moments of the trial IMO. After he told Stoddard that the guys dropped him off after lunch he paused for several seconds, said ummmm......ummmmm and then he shook his head NO before resuming the narrative by saying he finished his day at work. I think we saw him in that moment consciously make the decision not to share that he stopped at the car to drop off the light bulbs.

JMO

I absolutely agree with you.

Why? He has more in common, IMO, with the dudes he's in jail with than "regular folks". He can be himself with them. Let's not forget that this guy is a disgusting criminal who sent photos of his genitals to a minor and solicited the same from her. Regardless of whether this guy murdered his kid, he's no average, middle class, church going white guy. He's a despicable predator. I kind of think the fact that he came from that world though makes people give him the benefit of the doubt more. And see his conduct in a less negative light than if someone else did the very same things.

Snipped for space.

Ha ha! It did! I called my 80 year old mother who is a total firecracker (and has almost completed a double major since retirement) and read that to her. She got a good kick out of that! She laughed!!

Them's some pretty strong feelings about RH. Sorry, I don't have strong feelings about him one way or another. Fact is though, he is a middle class dude who has been in jail for 2 years, and I think it would be perfectly normal for him to want to enjoy being around other middle class dudes in a non-jail setting, while he still can.

And btw, for myself anyway, his middle class status doesn't affect how I view the evidence, nor my view about how LE handled this case.

Man I've been having problems with every darn computer I have. Work computer. Home computer. Laptop. Iphone. Every one is sluggish and freezes. But not just on Websleuths. I'm going crazy.

I kind of believe anyone with kids can look at the video of him in CFA and see that he can't be that tired. He's sitting straight up. Looking around. Alert. Body not leaning against his dad. Head not on dad's shoulder. If he was that tired that morning that he was unable to eat at CFA he sure didn't look it.
Misery loves company...

I agree, he was very alert and animated.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Amen, and thank you. I've said several times that if he were someone from a trailer park or a ghetto that nobody would have a problem throwing the book at him. Ditto if he were a fat homely married mother sexting underage boys or if he were a babysitter that texted about hating babysitting right before leaving a baby in a hot car to go shopping. I noticed how the defense snuck in the question about his credit score, as if his financial worthiness proves something about him. IMO that sets a bad precedent for poor people or sick people who go broke from trying to pay their bills.

He not only asked for genital pics, he asked six times. Six times isn't just asking, it's pressuring an underage minor to do something she is not comfortable doing. According to closing arguments one of the minors was in bad emotional shape when JRH had sexual conversations with them. This isn't a grown man addressing teenage girls like emotional equals. This is predatory behavior. But that predatory behavior is explained away as "boys will be boys" and some people even blamed his wife! I mean really. What year is this again? Do we have to have yet another conversation that no means no and yes means yes? Do we really have to keep explaining why sexting teenagers is not just a colossally bad idea, but it's just plain WRONG? Do I really have to sit here and explain that just because a teenager is legal to have sex with it doesn't mean anyone actually should?

Sorry. I get really frustrated about this.

We've been here before, Gitana. I have my own kid, am a step grandma to 7 kids, was the neighborhood go-to mom for years. I know kids. I just don't see what you see in that video. I see a toddler who is somewhere between sleepy and awake.
And, supported, imo, by putting all the other pieces together - not sleeping well for 2 nights, waking up that morning and going right back to sleep, not eating much, not walking into or out of CFA, and subjectively, imo falling asleep in the car before the Treehouse.

Ross with Leanna:

We went to breakfast, me and him, like we do, like we normally do. And, like, I turned out of Chik-Fil-A and I just went to work. Like, (long pause), like it was nothing. he wasn't making a sound, you know? I think he fell asleep. (long pause). And I was going to the movie, I was going to change lanes and I looked to my right and I saw him out of the corner of my eye in the back seat. I knew right then. He looked so peaceful. He wasn't, like, crazy looking. He looked _____. So I got out of the car, I grabbed him and pulled him out, and I tried to do CPR on him and I knew he was gone.

[video=youtube;M1kVt7Qx2xo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1kVt7Qx2xo[/video]

Exactly, only potato in his stomach (could that be hashbrowns from CFA?) **ETA**: it's gotta be hashbrowns from CFA, which are actually more like tater tot medallions. Who whips up potatoes at home for breakfast on a routine day?

Another question, he seems to be late a LOT. I don't see him making it a priority to be 30 to 40 minutes early to that (was it?) 5:00 movie, that he says he's running late. It doesn't seem like RH's style. Just another non-routine behavior we can chalk up to "unluckiest person ever" syndrome.

Actually, the being late to the movie but then actually leaving work with plenty of time to spare... there is a real reason for that, depending on when Ross told his friends he might be late. (don't remember & too lazy to look it up) His project meeting was changed from the morning to the late afternoon so if he thought that might go long then I can see him telling his friends he might be late. idk feeling generous today. :)

I had to CLEAR MY CACHE this morning. Not even kidding. I purged both IE and Chrome. :-D

Huge difference. CCleaner (freeware) works great. Our IT guys use it, FWIW.

ETA: Quote missing. Suggested for anyone having computer speed issues.

JMO
We call that a non-verbal tell. I've even had people say yes to me in interviews, while shaking their head no.

His large expelling of breath and directing his hands in front of him while alone in the interview room can also be interpreted as a "focus". He's physically telling himself to focus, don't become emotional.

Why do you need to focus so hard is also good question. If it's an accident, what's the harm in letting it all out?

I can also believe he is feeling a lot of anxiety over Cooper's death. Even if he wanted it to happen, there's nothing to say it's not also sad or emotional. Having bad feelings and doing intentional bad acts, are not mutually exclusive. I can feel terrible about putting my dog to sleep, even though I knew it was for the best. See how that works? We understand that even bad people doing bad things will have some sort of negative emotion. The truly scary ones are the ones who show little or no emotion, or rehearsed and/or insincere emotion.

We call that a non-verbal tell. I've even had people say yes to me in interviews, while shaking their head no.

His large expelling of breath and directing his hands in front of him while alone in the interview room can also be interpreted as also "focus". He's physically telling himself to focus, don't become emotional.

Why do you need to focus so hard is also good question. If it's also accident, what's the harm in letting it all out?

I can also believe he is feeling a log if anxiety over Cooper's death. Even if he wanted it to happen, there's nothing to say it's not also sad or emotional. Having bad feelings and doing intentional bad acts, are not mutually exclusive. I can feel terrible acts out putting my dog to sleep, even though I knew it was for the best. See how that works? We understand that even bad people will have some sort of negative emotion. The truly scary ones are the ones who show little or no emotion, or rehearsed and/or insincere emotion.

That's exactly what I saw in Ross that night. (The parts we were able to see.)

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member