The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One has to wonder, however, how three women would have dutifully followed the instructions to march out to the waiting van. I have theorized that if the women were hogtied they could have been carried to the van by one individual but it begs the question of how this could have been done by only one perpetrator and there is no evidence that we know of that a struggle took place in the house.

I think it's fairly obvious the perp had a gun pointed at the women the whole time he was barking orders. He probably told one woman to tie up the other two or something bad would happen. He then tied up that woman. He then may have looked around the house causing "some things to be out of place." He then moved two women out to the van. He untied the third woman and told her she would be driving.

This could indicate the perp had some level of "trust" in one of the women.

Tie up with what? Rope? Enough rope for 3 women? Hog-tie? Enough to where they can't escape?

Sorry, Mote, I'm afraid you're making a lot of assumptions there. If the perp had them tie each other up, then that means he was bringing rope for three women. If the two girls made a last minute decision to be in the home, how could the perp have anticipated needing said amount of rope?

You can get a lot done with a gun. I do believe that was likely what had happened. I mean THREE women. Not one. You need the power of a gun. But there's another thing that works, and that's trust. And we're told by the FBI that the perp knew at least one or more of the women.

I’ve always been curious of this ‘preparation’ business of the perp(s). What they anticipated, assumed and knew. Presuming they knew that two women lived there, three cars outside would tell the dullest perp there must be at least three inside. How does he know there’s not some Bobby Joe with a shot gun inside ? Granted, I suspect Springfield isn’t as armed as the rural areas of SW Missouri, but from my accustom surroundings in major city suburbia, it is still pretty country. People like to hunt there, if nothing else. Granted, it was three cars, not one beat up pick up truck, a stereotype but one I’d think twice about. It would have cleared whatever doubt existed if the perp(s) was(were) in a stake out until the ‘daughter’ came home...and then they saw three. But, why wait ? This is a lot of effort for one house.

Hurricane’s speculation side steps it all, by saying Sherrill was the target and he was interrupted by the girls coming home. Of course, that requires some staging in the house after the act.

Tie up with what? Rope? Enough rope for 3 women? Hog-tie? Enough to where they can't escape?

Sorry, Mote, I'm afraid you're making a lot of assumptions there. If the perp had them tie each other up, then that means he was bringing rope for three women. If the two girls made a last minute decision to be in the home, how could the perp have anticipated needing said amount of rope?
I can't figure out how else the perp was able to subdue three women without restraining them in some way. Perhaps he had only enough "restraints" for two women. He had a gun pointed at the third woman and made her follow him around the house while the other two were tied up.

People react in different ways- it could be 1 perp who had a gun and grabbed who ever came to the door first and held her "hostage" style so the others would come quietly. Then he could make one of the ladies drive while he held a gun on them.

Nowadays, we tell people to run and risk getting shot- but I don't think they were saying that back then. Also, some people just do what people tell them to in a scary situation like that.

People react in different ways- it could be 1 perp who had a gun and grabbed who ever came to the door first and held her "hostage" style so the others would come quietly. Then he could make one of the ladies drive while he held a gun on them.

Nowadays, we tell people to run and risk getting shot- but I don't think they were saying that back then. Also, some people just do what people tell them to in a scary situation like that.
True.

Going back to the idea of whether or not restraints were used, I found a problem with the restraints scenario. The perp would be depending on one of the women to actually tie a good enough knot to restrain the others.

I can't figure out how else the perp was able to subdue three women without restraining them in some way. Perhaps he had only enough "restraints" for two women. He had a gun pointed at the third woman and made her follow him around the house while the other two were tied up.
I don't buy this.

I think a gun was used. I think it was someone one of the girls knew, so they played cool. There's a very small chance these guys were able to tie the women up without drawing any attention from neighbors or passerby drivers. Plus the last minute decision is key here. I think Sherrill being there is the entire reason they are dead. I DO think this was a sexually motivated crime.

I think Steven Garrison was involved. Either as an accomplice or someone that set the whole crime in motion without realizing it. I wish we would focus on him more. If we all investigated the "Grand Jury 3" we'd get a lot closer. The parking garage stuff is STUPID. Robert Cox and Larry Hall stuff is garbage, attention-seeking bull.

I haven't commented in a while, but the girls have been on my mind. There are a few things that linger in my mind that make me think:
1. Who was the mom who called Mrs. McCall to say that Stacy's purse and car were at the Levitt house but the girls were gone? Was it Mrs. Kirby?
2. The blinds being parted really sends a chill down my spine, but were the blinds in good shape or were many bent and misshapen throughout the home?
3. Was the bloody footprint not seen by Janelle during clean up of the light bulb? How visible was it, and did being (possibly?)swept by the broom distort in any way?

I don't buy this.

I think a gun was used. I think it was someone one of the girls knew, so they played cool. There's a very small chance these guys were able to tie the women up without drawing any attention from neighbors or passerby drivers. Plus the last minute decision is key here. I think Sherrill being there is the entire reason they are dead. I DO think this was a sexually motivated crime.

I think Steven Garrison was involved. Either as an accomplice or someone that set the whole crime in motion without realizing it. I wish we would focus on him more. If we all investigated the "Grand Jury 3" we'd get a lot closer. The parking garage stuff is STUPID. Robert Cox and Larry Hall stuff is garbage, attention-seeking bull.
Two final points on the issue of whether or not the women were tied up.

1. If there was more than one perp, then restraints are not even needed.
2. Restraints are a way to explain how one perp was able to move freely around the house and "move things" without one of the women attempting to flee the home.

Again, we're in agreement that a gun was used and the perp was someone that one of the women knew or was at least acquainted with. However, I don't think the person that knew the perp was the one who opened the door.

I think the scenario you laid out in the final paragraph is essentially what happened. I'm of the belief that one of the women caught the eye of the perp because, for a time, they hung around the same people.

...there may have been physical evidence left behind. Due to the fact that 18 people may have unknowingly annihilated the crime scene, we have no way of knowing for sure.

I've always wondered if *one* (or more) of those eighteen people could have been responsible for this crime. With so many people contaminating this "potential" crime scene, fingerprints would have been the last thing the perp (or perps) would have worried about, since he/she (or they) were known to have been at this house hours after the crime had already taken place anyway.

I think I read somewhere that all eighteen people were thoroughly (?) investigated. Maybe this perp (or perps) have fairly close ties to one (or more) of the victims and were never on the investigator's "radar" to begin with. If it was someone that one (or more) of them trusted, it wouldn't take much to lure them out of, and away from the house.

As always, just my :twocents:

Joseph Y.

The SPD is currently looking for one male. This is definitely the perp.

They want someone, maybe a relative or an old girlfriend, to step forward. Someone that knows that someone had a shaky alibi that night that can't be accounted for. The reward money is at 142K, up that another couple hundred grand and you will see a resolution to this crime.

Here's a quote from the News-Leader on May 2nd.
Forget all the rumors you’ve heard.

“You may be that person sitting there with that piece of information that we need,” said Springfield Police Lt. David Millsap. He believes someone who has yet to come forward has the pivotal tip to solve the 20-year-old case of the “three missing women.”

After a year-and-a-half review of the disappearances, police are ready to start a new wave of investigation and they are asking you for help.

“I want people to reach back in their memory,” he said.

Think back to June 7, 1992, when Sherill Levitt, Suzanne Streeter and Stacy McCall disappeared from a home at 1717 E. Delmar St., he said.

“Maybe you had a boyfriend or a husband acting strangely. Maybe there was something that they said or did. Maybe you had a suspicion but you thought we were looking for somebody else,” Millsap said.

Just after the disappearances, Millsap said a lot of information was released, as well as some misinformation that was generated within the public.

Now, 20 years later, Millsap believes those rumors are keeping a key witness from revealing what he or she knows. You may believe that police are looking for someone involved in the drug trade, a boyfriend of a victim or someone with a violent background.

But, “that information may not be true,” Millsap said.

“We are looking for information without narrowly focusing on a particular profile.”

The SPD is currently looking for one male. This is definitely the perp.

They want someone, maybe a relative or an old girlfriend, to step forward. Someone that knows that someone had a shaky alibi that night that can't be accounted for. The reward money is at 142K, up that another couple hundred grand and you will see a resolution to this crime.
I'm glad you brought up the reward money. I think $42,000 is a ridiculously small amount for a crime of this magnitude. There is no doubt in my mind, that at the right price, someone would throw a family member or former boyfriend under the bus.

I'm glad you brought up the reward money. I think $42,000 is a ridiculously small amount for a crime of this magnitude. There is no doubt in my mind, that at the right price, someone would throw a family member or former boyfriend under the bus.
42k has been bumped up to 142k by Stu McCall. He said so on the KY3 report on the 20th anniversary.

Hi....I was a member here in 2010...under the name nothergirl. I followed this case until I got scared myself. Living close to the area where this happened, speaking freely about suspects and suspicions...I couldnt help but think there is a chance that whoever was involved in this disappearance may be monitoring these sites.So....I bowed out from participating on these forums for a couple of years.
I just wanted to let everyone know I am now participating/posting again...and that I cant believe they havent gotten any closer to solving this case. Breaks my heart....
I tend to go along with the theory that whoever did this...knew the girls. I think that is why they opened the door at that time of night. Also that one girl was taken (maybe at gunpoint) and that THAT is what made they others comply.
I am holding out hope...that this year is the year the the key person(s)...or evidence...or whatever is needed...will come forward and that this case will finally be solved.
The airalex site....the last time I visited there (months ago) was CREEPY with the postings....just freaking creepy.

also.....I was/am reading over some of the past posts. I cant seem to find what LE stands for. ?? Thanks

also.....I was/am reading over some of the past posts. I cant seem to find what LE stands for. ?? Thanks

Welcome back. LE is Law Enforcement, a general term for police, sheriff, state highway patrol.

I tend to go along with the theory that whoever did this...knew the girls. I think that is why they opened the door at that time of night. Also that one girl was taken (maybe at gunpoint) and that THAT is what made they others comply.

I agree it was someone close to Sherrill and/or the girls who got them to open the door. I never got the feeling it was a serial killer, i.e., Gerald Carnahan or Cox - too convenient to finger the obvious.

Hi....I was a member here in 2010...under the name nothergirl. I followed this case until I got scared myself. Living close to the area where this happened, speaking freely about suspects and suspicions...I couldnt help but think there is a chance that whoever was involved in this disappearance may be monitoring these sites.So....I bowed out from participating on these forums for a couple of years.
I just wanted to let everyone know I am now participating/posting again...and that I cant believe they havent gotten any closer to solving this case. Breaks my heart....
I am holding out hope...that this year is the year the the key person(s)...or evidence...or whatever is needed...will come forward and that this case will finally be solved.
The airalex site....the last time I visited there (months ago) was CREEPY with the postings....just freaking creepy.

I think you can be relatively certain they monitor these sites as do the police. I know the latter is true because someone in LE told me this after one of my own posts.

Personal opinion: I believe based on a preponderance of information that I know of that we are looking at two perpetrators, that night. One is said to be in prison. (take your pick). The other is said to be on the street. Although I do not know the name of the "prime perp" as has been described to me I am personally convinced that this individual is well heeled from an "old money" family who do not know of this "dark side" of him. I do believe the police know who this individual is but do not as of this time have the evidence to arrest him.

There are probably others who may have participated after the fact but are not talking for whatever reason they may have. We do know that one person widely thought to be connected was written about in the News-Leader and is now in prison. Evidently nothing he has said has produced good information leading to the remains (that we know of). And then there is Cox. Who really knows what to make of him?

There are several sites that have looked at this case. But in my opinion this is the most extensive and useful site because this site requires that people be registered so trolling is at a minimum to non-existent.

I think the secenario described here (the girls knowing the person-who was NOT a serial killer, taking them at gun point). But why? Is this a sexually motivated crime? Something personal? I think Sherill Levitt may have been the target, but not sure-what do you all think?
I remember watching this case on Disappeared, and them saying on there it was possible their remains were buried under a hospital parking ramp-what has became of this?

I think the secenario described here (the girls knowing the person-who was NOT a serial killer, taking them at gun point). But why? Is this a sexually motivated crime? Something personal? I think Sherill Levitt may have been the target, but not sure-what do you all think?
I remember watching this case on Disappeared, and them saying on there it was possible their remains were buried under a hospital parking ramp-what has became of this?

BBM

It is my understanding the Springfield police say it is too costly to try to look for them there......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj