The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a while since I have looked the boards. I needed a break, maybe just lost interest. I see much of the same things posted. When i started looking this case it was in the very first thread, and air alex was the only other information out on the boards to find. I was misled for a long time by old rumors. The drug angle has never been proven and is false, the bad girl angle is simply false. The first 6 months I gobbled up all the information i could and formed opinions based on bad information. One of the worst bits of information was the original 48 hours video. It steers you down a path. I think about the limited information I had at that time and i really just didnt have enough to form an opinion. So I started doing you my own work. Making trips, getting articles. Fact finding. If you see something quoted by me or Hurricane it is from an original news article from the date provided. I feel that this information is most accurate for a lot of the small stuff. Suspects....... I had my own thoughts about one guy, nobody would tell me his name.......then a picture appeared that made him look like he was not the type for this crime. He was clean shaven looking like an accountant. lol That was Garrison in his rape trial, that was not his normal look. So after wasting a tremendous amount of time, I made several trips to Springfield, worked with 1 or 2 people, and we follow the GJ3 angle. I personally found it was better to keep the people I work with limited. Its not about sharing information usually it is about violating trust. Some people want to throw it all at the wall and see what sticks, but......some believe you need not show your hand until you have something that is worthwhile. So the conflict is in which opionion you have about sharing information. My suggestion is trust yourself and your own ability to find and answer the questions you have. I personally do not believe this case will be solved without a confession......do I think i know who might be involved yes, but will they confess.....I dont know. Patience. This is likely the perfect crime......if the perps are alive they may want someone to tell the story before they die.

Good Post! I also believe a confession might be necessary to solve the case. Sometimes, I am not sure even that would be enough. Then, especially if it were a deathbed confession or that of someone terminally ill would come questions about the confessor. Is he covering for someone else, taking the blame so no one pursues others involved any more? Plenty of people have confessed for crimes they didn't commit. I think the confessor would have to also have some pretty solid proof such as where the bodies are to convince law enforcement his/her story were true at this point. In addition, if the confessor named other participants, at this point it would still be his/her word against the other parties. Little in the way of actual physical evidence is likely to remain at this point that would prove the involvement of anyone else.

And, yes apparently, this is as close to a perfect crime as one can get and that's so odd because in my opinion, the guilty parties did not intend things to go quite the way they did.

Good Post! I also believe a confession might be necessary to solve the case. Sometimes, I am not sure even that would be enough. Then, especially if it were a deathbed confession or that of someone terminally ill would come questions about the confessor. Is he covering for someone else, taking the blame so no one pursues others involved any more? Plenty of people have confessed for crimes they didn't commit. I think the confessor would have to also have some pretty solid proof such as where the bodies are to convince law enforcement his/her story were true at this point. In addition, if the confessor named other participants, at this point it would still be his/her word against the other parties. Little in the way of actual physical evidence is likely to remain at this point that would prove the involvement of anyone else.

And, yes apparently, this is as close to a perfect crime as one can get and that's so odd because in my opinion, the guilty parties did not intend things to go quite the way they did.

We have been told of two death bed confessions already that apparently led nowhere. Because of those involved I don't believe there will ever be a bonifide death bed confession. Our time will be better served hoping for a screw up by a guilty perp.

We have been told of two death bed confessions already that apparently led nowhere. Because of those involved I don't believe there will ever be a bonifide death bed confession. Our time will be better served hoping for a screw up by a guilty perp.
What's with the attention crave from people dying needing to discuss this particular case? Strange.

I think the only thing a perp could do to "Screw Up" at this point, is either physically talking about their involvement in the crime to someone who subsequently passes their information on to LE. Or, some evidence...physical or otherwise, that nails them dead to right.

You made a reference in a post on Topix recently, to the retesting of DNA evidence with "Modern Technology".

Is the group of investigators that the 3MW case was given to/shared with recently, re-testing DNA evidence collected from the 3MW crime scene?

Just curious. I've been hoping that that group will eventually release at least some of their findings. May be they will give us some idea of what happened that night, and who may have been involved.

Don’t know if anyone saw this, but about a month ago 60 Minutes did a piece on ‘false confessions.’ You can catch it here:

Chicago: The false confession capital - 60 Minutes - CBS News

I raise this because ‘confession’ in all sorts of word strings, has been used here recently as the last way to close the book on this case. It can do that, but it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the truth. Personally I think in the erroneous instances, it is a situation where someone is not guilty of a certain crime, but guilty as sin of something else. Well, we got someone guilty, lock him up, let God know the reasons. A bit sloppy to say the least.

I don’t want to imply that the local LE in our case is this sinister, but it DOES happen. The lure to the establishment is great, close the book on a case and wipe your hands. Great PR.

I did try to send you a pm but not sure it is working right. Or maybe that's me. :)

I have been a Websleuths lurker for a long time, and despite finally registering last year, I am only now logging in. This is, in fact, my first post. I did not want to voice an opinion on this case for a long time, despite having followed closely since my childhood. I hesitate to reveal much about myself, as some people would quickly recognize who I am due to my dedication to this case. I am from Springfield, MO but have moved a long way away at this point. I still follow this case closely because it is near and dear to my heart.

I take issue with the number of ludicrous theories and the perpetuation of "my theory is better than yours" that has become so common to this case. In essence, there is far too much tunnel vision across the board. So many people think they know so much about this case when the majority is nothing but speculation mixed in with a handful of facts that do not amount to a hill of beans when it comes to actually putting the pieces of this puzzle together. I truly believe that some theories are on the right track, but not a single one to date has it all right. Furthermore, I believe that when the truth comes out, not only will some theorists and investigators be eating their words about ideas they have dismissed based on the word of others (which they have taken as golden instead of being skeptical), and we will find that fingers are pointing in the right direction but toward the wrong key players and that some key players close to this case actually know much more than they are telling. All MOO of course, and eventually, I hope the reasons behind my opinion become clear.

I have been a Websleuths lurker for a long time, and despite finally registering last year, I am only now logging in. This is, in fact, my first post. I did not want to voice an opinion on this case for a long time, despite having followed closely since my childhood. I hesitate to reveal much about myself, as some people would quickly recognize who I am due to my dedication to this case. I am from Springfield, MO but have moved a long way away at this point. I still follow this case closely because it is near and dear to my heart.

I take issue with the number of ludicrous theories and the perpetuation of "my theory is better than yours" that has become so common to this case. In essence, there is far too much tunnel vision across the board. So many people think they know so much about this case when the majority is nothing but speculation mixed in with a handful of facts that do not amount to a hill of beans when it comes to actually putting the pieces of this puzzle together. I truly believe that some theories are on the right track, but not a single one to date has it all right. Furthermore, I believe that when the truth comes out, not only will some theorists and investigators be eating their words about ideas they have dismissed based on the word of others (which they have taken as golden instead of being skeptical), and we will find that fingers are pointing in the right direction but toward the wrong key players and that some key players close to this case actually know much more than they are telling. All MOO of course, and eventually, I hope the reasons behind my opinion become clear.

Any way you could tell which way the fingers are pointing in the right direction, so we can at least focus better on clarifying the correct players.

I'm sure you can elude to it, without being absoutely direct in your statement.

It would really help everyone out....for what ever its worth!!

Are you TB, LB, MS or BKH?

Your post is interesting and I have read it several times. I am most taken by you belief that "fingers are pointing in the right direction but toward the wrong key players...." Would you mind elaborating on that a bit? That is to say, what is the "right direction?" I think that has been the unanswered question all along; namely that of a clear motive.

As I understand the consensus of the four LE organizations that looked at the case it was that this was a "sexual assault" case. Would you agree or disagree with that assessment? Thank you for your perspective.

For those of you who have never seen it, The Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) will feature the Disappeared episode on the 3MW today, Monday, April 1, at 3 p.m.

Haven't posted on this thread for some three plus years. But I'm wondering why Thread #3 was pulled. Any explanation?
Many thanks.

Haven't posted on this thread for some three plus years. But I'm wondering why Thread #3 was pulled. Any explanation?
Many thanks.

Some would have you believe that it was pulled because some formerly unknown vital piece of evidence was uncovered and revealed to the public. In truth it was pulled because of multiple, flagrant violations of Websleuth's TOS. The original idea was to go in and delete such violations and reinstate the thread but because the posts had often been copied when replied to and there were so many violations, it became an impossible task to do that.

Hi everyone,

I watched the episode of Disappeared so forgive me if I'm missing any details. Anyway, it intrigues me that three adult/young adult women can go missing without any witnesses or fuss. I don't know what happened, but I'm almost certain it was either someone they knew or someone using a disguise as a worker (like Cox) because the house wasn't in disarray and I imagine it would've been had someone intruded. And I'm certain this person was a criminal and knew what they were doing. It's just a mystery! I would love to be a neighbour and go back in time and just keep an eye out on their house.

I think they should dig up the parking garage. I know that it's been a tip from psychics but if there were three anomalies found consistent with a graveyard location that were roughly the same size, I think it's something they should consider. At least they can eliminate it as a possible burial location, but it can't be eliminated at this stage. If they find bodies there, well, that's just sad that it had been put off for so long (even if it turns out to be another missing person) and if they don't, it can be eliminated and some of the people involved (the crime reporter, can't remember her name. Kathy Beard? And of course the families) can start looking at other possible locations.

Hi everyone,

I watched the episode of Disappeared so forgive me if I'm missing any details. Anyway, it intrigues me that three adult/young adult women can go missing without any witnesses or fuss. I don't know what happened, but I'm almost certain it was either someone they knew or someone using a disguise as a worker (like Cox) because the house wasn't in disarray and I imagine it would've been had someone intruded. And I'm certain this person was a criminal and knew what they were doing. It's just a mystery! I would love to be a neighbour and go back in time and just keep an eye out on their house.

I think they should dig up the parking garage. I know that it's been a tip from psychics but if there were three anomalies found consistent with a graveyard location that were roughly the same size, I think it's something they should consider. At least they can eliminate it as a possible burial location, but it can't be eliminated at this stage. If they find bodies there, well, that's just sad that it had been put off for so long (even if it turns out to be another missing person) and if they don't, it can be eliminated and some of the people involved (the crime reporter, can't remember her name. Kathy Beard? And of course the families) can start looking at other possible locations.

I really wouldn't be necessary to "dig up the parking garage." A simple coring of the concrete slab to drop a probe would be sufficient.

Having said that most long time followers of this case dismiss this theory as unfounded. The truth of the matter is that the remains could be deposited anywhere as Missouri is known as "The Cave State" or any wooded area as well where the vegetation is so dense it is necessary to pipe in sunlight. After 20 years even if the actual location was known the remains have probably been long disturbed by animals and only bone fragments could be found; maybe not even then.

What we don't have is a true motive but I am reasonably certain the news media reported the case as "sexual assault." I concur.

The questions I would have are a) how many perps? b) how was entry gained? c) how were they taken to the waiting van?

I can't know this for a certainty but do believe the police know who was involved and the likely scenario. There is just not evidence to bring to trial and get a conviction. Many believe it will take a confession.

This case, in the end, might turn into a "Judge Crater" case that is still debated decades later. Unlike the Jimmy Hoffa case where the perps (the mob) and the motive was self-evident, this one has too few provable facts to know what actually happened, although as I have stated, I believe it is probable the police know who was involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member