The State Rests in the State v Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have went with multiple personalities!

If the camera wasn't found (or not in the wash) sticking with the 2 intruders might have been the best bet. Some of those jury questions are a bit scary anyway.

Hey luv, nice find with the duct tape pics.

Lynda mentioned earlier that maybe JA had it taped to her body before the attack. We hadn't seen your pics and were trying to figure out the duct tape. Still don't know why, but it wasn't on her it seems. Thanks.

I missed it in the pic. I never noticed it on his bicep. It was an excellent find because that duct tape on the floor pic was driving me bonkers!

I can't stand her but I've heard this before and I agree-----NG says:

"Breaks in a trial always help the defense." And all the DA's agree with her.

I just don't think you should start a DP trial if you can't make it a continuous process to the end.

Has anyone done a close look at the photos of Travis in the shower for any reflections or shadows?

I'm sure that the original photos were gone over with a fine toothed comb by LE. It really wouldn't be possible to get anything accurate from looking at the photos that have been put onto the Internet. You just can't see resolution and manipulate them the way you can with originals.

LOL. I have only heard her sing "Silent Night" :what:

I heard her sing only Oh Holy Night....

It's one of my favorite christmas songs and now it's ruined by the double meaning ...three HOLE wonder photos...

I will never be able to listen to that song again and not think of Jodi.

:(

If the camera wasn't found (or not in the wash) sticking with the 2 intruders might have been the best bet. Some of those jury questions are a bit scary anyway.

I agree completely. She very likely could have gotten away with this if not for those pics.

Well this is not going to be a popular opinion, but I as the 13th juror would question their relationship. I don't believe he was that innocent in his relationship with her, and I believe he was using her to a certain extent. NO ,I don't by any way believe that is justification of murdering him but I do believe he did have a deviant side to him and she felt driven in her own sick mind. I do believe she was a sex toy that he needed to keep hidden from his life as a Mormon. Do I believe that is justification for what she did? NO. But I do believe she should not get the DP for it and let her suffer for life.

Sadly, none of us will ever know the entire truth because JA cannot tell the truth. In the end, LWOP is fine with me. But the jury should never let her out of prison or she will feel she has a ticket to kill again. I think CMA will kill again.

Just listening to open remarks. They portray her as an "artist". Have we seen any of her work as a photographer, not counting the crime scene photos?

And she actually worked for Pre-Paid Legal? She obviously didn't pre-pay herself, otherwise she wouldn't be stuck with this buffoon. I'm afraid this thing could get turned over on appeal based on his incompetence. His questioning of the detective was worse than first year law school.

Oops, better be careful what we say lest he write about being bashed on this forum in the book that he is going to write.

Some of her drawings done in colored pencil on cardboard are for sale on eBay. Just search her name.

I have always felt there was more to this than I/we will ever know. I guess from hearing as well she washed off his body. I dont think the whole purpose was to get rid of evidence. I think it was part of her demented mind. I wont describe the scenario that plays in my head. Oh and I dont mean anything sexual.

After thinking about it for a couple of days and hearing the testimony that the State has presented, here is what I think was supposed to happen concerning Travis and Jodi:

About a week before the murder Jodi has made up her mind that Travis must die. She talks to Ryan on the phone about making the trip to visit him since she was able to "get 3 days off from work". The plan is for Jodi to arrive in Utah between 12 and 1 pm on Weds June 4th. Jodi goes to Redding on June 2nd to rent a car so that her own car will not be seen at Travis's house. After renting the car she takes her time (somewhat) making her way south to "visit" a friend who recently had a baby (alibi). Along the way she dyes her normally blonde hair brown. On June 3rd Jodi begins making her way towards Mesa, AZ. Jodi knows that she must arrive when no one will see her and Travis is asleep. If someone happens to see her (neighbor) they will not be able to identify her since she is in a different car and different hair color. Jodi arrives at Travis's house around 3 am and sneaks in the house with her gun. Jodi expects Travis to be sound asleep and she can shoot him while he is in his bed. Travis had no idea she was on her way to his house and thought she was instead on her way to see Ryan in Utah. Using a pillow as a silencer, Jodi was to shoot Travis in the head killing him. Jodi would then leave the house immediately and begin her drive to Utah to see Ryan. Jodi would arrive at Ryan's between 2 and 3 pm (a little later than talked about) and would claim that she got a little lost to account for the extra time it took. Jodi would spend time with Ryan as if nothing happened, make her way home after and go on with her life. No evidence would have been left behind, no witnesses could have described Jodi as being the perp and she had an alibi for the day Travis was killed.

BUT THEN, it didn't happen according to plan because Travis was awake. I'm not sure how she was able to talk Travis into letting her stay as long as she did, have sex with her or not get ticked that she sneaked into his house but I do think that she still intended to kill him when he fell asleep with her there but she also fell asleep so she had to go on with plan number 3.

MOO

I agree that she came fully prepared, as her intention was to kill him. There was no way she would accept any other outcome then for TA to be dead when she was finished. IMO she would not risk that he could possibly overtake her in anyway, shape or form. Dead he was going to be and it was all carefully planned out.

OT ...my meow looks just like your avatar. The one in my avatar from when he was just a baby

I haven't been able to read all of the comments yet, but I have a few thoughts.

I just find it odd that someone would sit down in the shower on the floor. I found that really strange and believe that he was stabbed and then crouched down in the shower.

I also think that Jodi killed TA because he was going to Cancun without her. She mentioned that 'list' of places they were going to travel quite a few times and she had no intentions of letting him complete that list without her.

Sadly, none of us will ever know the entire truth because JA cannot tell the truth. In the end, LWOP is fine with me. But the jury should never let her out of prison or she will feel she has a ticket to kill again. I think CMA will kill again.

I agree completely. I know a thing or two about the DP in AZ. LWOP is really the only "lock her up and throw away the key" option. And I too think CMA will easily kill again.

If anyone's seen the movie Dear Zachary it is a documentary on a very similar case, an ex scorned gf who got in her car and drove hundreds of miles to kill her ex...not incarcerated and she in fact did kill again. Tragic story. But worth watching.

I just posted a pic above of him in the shower with my thoughts on the shadow on the wall.

I saw that and posted after wondering if any shadows/reflections were visible. In the pic you posted, I am wondering if the shadow I see could be from Jodi's fingers as she depresses the shutter button to take the pic??

I have always felt there was more to this than I/we will ever know. I guess from hearing as well she washed off his body. I dont think the whole purpose was to get rid of evidence. I think it was part of her demented mind. I wont describe the scenario that plays in my head. Oh and I dont mean anything sexual.

I'd be interested in your scenario...even if you have to private message me it. :seeya:

I agree 100%

The questions terrified and enraged me. I thought my head would explode or my hair catch fire last night !

Yeah...that definitely is a puzzle. But, we will probably never know. It has been taken off though in the shower, so it is not part of the crime itself.

The quote of Jodi..."No jury is ever going to convict me"....
I wish we would not have to keep seeing that on the posts. Maybe she is prophetic. She is a pretty, white, petite girl. So maybe they won't convict.
Let's don't remind ourselves of what she said. She is so heartless!!!!!!!!!!

Ok this is something I've been wanting to discuss! It has to do with the photo I'm going to post in here. I had been feeling really uncomfortable with this photo then I saw "Eyes for Lies" (a human lie detector I follow on Facebook) analyze this photo and how she sees fear and anguish in his face. That is the same sense I get as well and have seen others on FB posting these same thoughts (pardon if it's been discussed here before, kind of late getting over here to post).

That combined with the fact he was SITTING in the shower and Arias said he was very concerned with his privacy in the shower and for once I got a sense that little part was her telling the truth about something (which of course could be totally wrong). It's not normal for a person to sit in the shower as you say, it's awkward, water spraying in your face and hard to get back up.

My thought is that at that point she already had a weapon on him at that point and was in control of him, making him sit down, etc. It seems the shower door is closed in that photo and was open in the other ones. She also creepily pointed out to Flores how much she was enamored with that photo (no matter how you look at that,it was taken SECONDS before she started stabbing him). I could see her romantically reliving that moment as in it, she for once,had complete control in the relationship. Where is Hal Lightman when we need him?

Here's the photo you've all seen a gazillion times but ...thoughts?

PS_6.jpg

Totally agree. I showed it to my husband who knows nothing about this case and asked what expression he saw. He said fear. I think no matter what came first, the shot or the stabbing, she was holding a gun on him in this photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee