The State Rests in the State v Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask a question? I'm so torn on whether she planned his murder from back when her grandparents got broken into .. Or was it an alternate plan if things didn't go her way? I guess I can understand heat of the moment over driving 1,000 miles, having sex all day only with only intent to kill.

Would like y'all's opinion :)

Sent from my iPhone

I simply do not see where it wasn't premeditation from the point that she decided to steal the weapon and planned the trip, even down to the color of the car and the dying of her hair, the turning off of the phone at the point that she ventured off the route in order to go to Travis' home. She may have given herself the last ditch "out" if he suddenly decided not to take the other woman on the Cancun trip and decided to take back up with Jodi, but! that was a very near impossible "out". She was fully prepared and ready to murder him, thus very, very premeditated.

If you go back and look at the graphic photo you can see a spray of blood around the area wound. Would that be from where Jodi started instead at the end? Hmm she was left handed so she would be backwards to me? She would of started on the right side of his neck?

That was from the build of gasses in his body escaping out of the wound and causing the blood to bubble up. The Detective that first arrived at the scene testified to this bubbling.

If you go back and look at the graphic photo you can see a spray of blood around the area wound. Would that be from where Jodi started instead at the end? Hmm she was left handed so she would be backwards to me? She would of started on the right side of his neck?

It is believed that she rinsed off his body of most of the blood. I think that the little blood spatters are (forgive me for the graphicness of this) from the fact that his body gasses had built up from decomposition and the wound was bubbling a bit. I believe the people who found him said that it was bubbling a bit. They may have used a different term but I believe that is what was said.

I saw the little spatters as well and at first thought it was from him trying to breathe but then read it was from post mortem bubbling from decomposition.

Lacey,
Someone on the facebook page used the term 'defeated' for that photo. I'd been struggling to define his expression. For me there's something fitting, and heartbreaking, about defeated. He just looks so weary, tired, and utterly sad.

For me it's almost worse than the autopsy pics because it's like he knows she'll destroy him.

I can't say that 100% but all I've heard is that the jury can agree on 1st degree murder either by premeditation or felony murder, I haven't heard anything about lesser charges or her receiving shorter sentences than LWOP or the DP. For now let's slap an IMO on this since I'm not certain and don't want to mislead anyone!

That really tickled my funny bone.

Also, I sincerely appreciate your signature line LPp.

borndem,
Is it possible to just link it and not post the pic? The link takes you right to the pic in the slideshow. It's impossible to NOT see it when scrolling. Please?

It's gone now, BritsKate - I deeply apologize for having it there and your seeing it. Salem took care of it before I could, after I thought about it being a bit too much. Again, sorry, and thanks for your suggestion. It was a very bad & horribly sad picture.
icon11.gif

That's premeditated murder.

It didn't take me but 6 seconds to drag my husband across a tile floor, and that was with no slippery blood or water.

IMO it was all rage after the first mortal wound didn't incapacitate him and he tried to defend himself and get away, I think it went fast and furious.

I think she took some time to simply catch her breath after the throat slit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did not say it was premeditated. I am saying that this was not some long drawn out murder where she was enjoying the process. If she was enjoying it and getting off on it it would have taken longer than 4 minutes. I firmly believe that something did not go as planned and she did the things she did motivated by panic. That is not saying she did not intend to kill him or possibly feel powerful after but IMO this is not what she was intending to do. It all happened very quickly because she not going to let him live but she did not walk in that door planning that bloodbath. Once whatever her original plan was did not go right she freaked and did what she had to in order to get the job done.

Speaking of ugly coping -- can we expect to see "grief lady" take the stand in this case too?

:floorlaugh:

That grief lady during Casey's trial made me cry....I'll never get the image outta my head of the mom holding an umbrella over her sons grave all night....in stark contrast to Caylee's body rotting in a trash bag,around the corner, in a swamp.

After she is convicted:rocker: I hope someone will explain to me where this woman got money....you don't rent cars, buy gas, go on trips, etc. without money........remind me to ask this again after the verdict please and thank you very much.:seeya::great:

I did not say it was premeditated. I am saying that this was not some long drawn out murder where she was enjoying the process. If she was enjoying it and getting off on it it would have taken longer than 4 minutes. I firmly believe that something did not go as planned and she did the things she did motivated by panic. That is not saying she did not intend to kill him or possibly feel powerful after but IMO this is not what she was intending to do. It all happened very quickly because she not going to let him live but she did not walk in that door planning that bloodbath. Once whatever her original plan was did not go right she freaked and did what she had to in order to get the job done.

I agree with every word, except "panic" I disagree... I believe "rage" and "determination" would be more fitting.

After she is convicted:rocker: I hope someone will explain to me where this woman got money....you don't rent cars, buy gas, go on trips, etc. without money........remind me to ask this again after the verdict please and thank you very much.:seeya::great:

She did have Travis's PIN numbers;) and she knew he wouldn't be needing any money.

Is there an evidence list? Were there Travis's bank statements entered along with that pile of her deposits and receipts?

Speaking of ugly coping -- can we expect to see "grief lady" take the stand in this case too?

:floorlaugh:

no but someone who will have the same idea. Not all victims of domestic abuse look the same. Just like not all grieving mothers look the same. Thats going to be the main point.

It was discussed before that she bought more gas than could fit in her car. Presumable she bought extra gas, put it in fuel cans so that she wouldn't have to stop in AZ for gas. I was just curious as to when she got this extra fuel and how that would also show premeditation to trying to hide her presence in AZ. Sorry I wasn't clear on that.

To me, each little piece helps to show how VERY premeditated this was.

I'm surprised the car didn't reek of gasoline! I guess she threw away the gas cans when she emptied them.

Although most (including me) think it was premeditated from the moment she "stole" the gun from her grandparents, it can also be premeditation began the moment he raised his hand in self defense and she chose to inflict yet another life threatening, and taking, wound. That's enough premed right there to qualify...for the DP.

I think that she may not have planned the blood bath, but she definitely planned on killing him. I didn't get in on any previous conversation about this so, is this what you mean as well?

PS_6.jpg

I was looking at this pic... It haunts me... It's as if Travis is trying to speak ... but can't.
I think he knew his fate when this pic was snapped. Perhaps she told him what she intended to do... kill him... and maybe she told him that afterward she would kill herself... that they would forever be like Romeo and Juliet... His eyes seem to say he knew it would never end... that she would never go away... his "axe murderer" was real... and she was standing right in front of him.

To politely disagree with everyone, I don't see such a story in his face. His stare just looks rather bored. I think that our knowing his sad fate is coloring some opinions.

With Travis's childhood...and the sex games they played his life style ..do you think Jody thought she had her own 50 Shades of Gray ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaminMetairie