The State Rests in the State v Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds ok to me. A couple of questions for all.
About her cell phone off. Do we know if there were any txt/calls to Travis before she arrived? Someone mentioned her phone being off.
How would she of got in if she expected him to be asleep?
Wasn't the roommate home? If so, was that unexpected?
Do you think the sexual parts were her just trying to make him sleepy, or maybe trying to get him to change his mind?
Do you think she got dressed and said I will see you later, or she was there and he said I'm going to take a shower?

More in a bit.

You know I've been reading so much on this case from very early on that I don't know where things have come from. I just remember reading somewhere that they were texting while she was en route to the house and he was up waiting for her. I have no idea now if that was factual or not but I think it was reported in an early story on this case reported locally.

I think the sexual parts were her attempt to bond with him, convince him to take her to Cancun, make herself feel special to him and feed her sex addiction and sense of validation. I think the murder was always in front of her mind but that if somehow she could in one last desperate attempt get him back, she would have de escalated that plan. I also think she knew the chances of that were slim to none.

I think in that 4 min. between segments of those photos, she got dressed, gathered her weapons and then it began. I think once she got dressed SHE was in full ninja mode and it was over. I also think he saw that in that second to last photo. There's just no way she stays in that little fawn breathy voiced feminine mode when she's slashing tires and throats. I don't think she has DID but I do think she splits in to some kinda evil twin that looks nothing like the doe eyed *whatever* we've seen. I think Travis looked straight in that other face.

My responses in bold.

But if you were being stalked, wouldn't you change your garage codes.

Maybe she talked him into letting her in, talked more for the sexual stuff... all the while just hoping he would fall asleep.

I am thinking she would have known whether the roommate was there or not.
If she arrived before he left... she talked her way in. If he was gone... all the better.

I agree with you but I believe Jodi knew that ship had sailed before she even left California.

Yes, but in the mind of a woman scorned/bpd or psychopathic person "hope" springs eternal. I'm pretty sure she thought there was still a chance that he would change his mind. After all, he'd written her off multiple times before and come back for sex. And if you're a dude who likes illicit sex, who would you rather go on an exotic vacation with? The chick who looks great in a bikini and will rock your world privately in the hotel room, or the girl who wants to go for the ride as a platonic friend and isn't allowed to wear clothes that let her shoulders show? Just sayin' "I" wouldn't have wanted to go to Cancun with mimi lol

You know I've been reading so much on this case from very early on that I don't know where things have come from. I just remember reading somewhere that they were texting while she was en route to the house and he was up waiting for her. I have no idea now if that was factual or not but I think it was reported in an early story on this case reported locally.

I think the sexual parts were her attempt to bond with him, convince him to take her to Cancun, make herself feel special to him and feed her sex addiction and sense of validation. I think the murder was always in front of her mind but that if somehow she could in one last desperate attempt get him back, she would have de escalated that plan. I also think she knew the chances of that were slim to none.

I think in that 4 min. between segments of those photos, she got dressed, gathered her weapons and then it began. I think once she got dressed SHE was in full ninja mode and it was over. I also think he saw that in that second to last photo. There's just no way she stays in that little fawn breathy voiced feminine mode when she's slashing tires and throats. I don't think she has DID but I do think she splits in to some kinda evil twin that looks nothing like the doe eyed *whatever* we've seen. I think Travis looked straight in that other face.
I so agree with you ...

That's a good point but I assumed he would be too. I know he and Jodi's calls were in the middle of the night often but at 1am. Guess I was thinking he wouldn't still be awake but there's nothing to back that thought up.

I think she used the check as a ruse initially. But really what'd she do? Knock on the door at 4am and go 'I just drove 1030 miles to give you this.' :waitasec:

I remember Jodi saying to someone, in one of her many many blab sessions that she used to sneak into his house and crawl into bed with him and wake him up. She said that he liked it, but I don't know about that. But, this statement is why I believe that she planned to murder him in his sleep that night. OR, perhaps she had the gun to do that and the knife in case it didn't work out that way. I guess there is no reason that she couldn't have two plans. I just think that things ended the way they did because the way she had to kill him was so frantic and unorganized.

My understanding is that they are determining 1st degree murder charges, and that the sentencing will be determined if and when she is convicted. I believe they can still recommend a sentence of LWOP if they find her guilty? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

There will be a whole sentencing phase once she's convicted. That's where the defense/State will put up mitigating and aggravating factors and the jury will decide if the DP is met or not. The sentencing phase could come weeks after the verdict and is in itself a mini trial.

Maybe she talked him into letting her in, talked more for the sexual stuff... all the while just hoping he would fall asleep.

If she arrived before he left... she talked her way in. If he was gone... all the better.

I think he believed he was safe, she was back in California.

She delivered her coochie like a dominos pizza and he accepted. I do not believed she knocked.

Thanks for your reply. Is the last picture of him sitting in the shower?

Not if you thought your stalker was over 1000 miles away.

Could be as plausible as anything else.

I also heard somewhere that neither roommate was there that night. One was on vacation and another at his girlfriends house.

I think that he was gone.

I can see where Travis (or anyone) would feel a perhaps false sense of security once their stalker relocated to another State. I really don't have a good read on whether or not he knew she was coming or not. He seemed awfully ready to offer her many second chances at "friendship" or whatever. This was a strange brew of hot sexuality and high religion.

I was in court the day the forensics woman testified about the palm print and I'm about 99% sure she said it was the left. I think I was there on the afternoon of the 8th but if I'm wrong on the date, I'm positive it was the same day as Ryan Burns testified.

eta: I'm going to revise and say pretty sure, then look at the vid again. I would have been very sure prior to all of the discussion of left and right-handednes wrt cameras, but I fear I may be conflating those discussions with the testimony at this point. I didn't appreciate the significance of left and right handedness when I heard the testimony.

Could the palm print on the wall have come from her slipping on the wet tile and catching herself by placing her palm on the wall? Just a guess. :)

Well they have already mentioned him getting angry and 'pushing' her. They will say it was only mental torture up to that point... no bruising yet.

The lawyers probably looked over the pics over those two years and are now getting her to say that the 'eyes' picture was right before he got mad... then he attacked her but a knife/gun just happened to be handy. She brought the gun for protection... it was in her sweatpants. Or a knife was in the bathroom, or some other nonsense. They have to explain her in the pic with him laying there. I see no other way.

But we have seen alot of her... and maybe since she couldn't get him in his sleep she was just setting up her picture session to catch him off guard.

If she threw away the camera she didn't want the pics... so they were for another reason. Surely hers.

I wonder if the pushing her a way was to her off of him. One photo of Travis and Jodi leaning on him you could see Travis wasn't happy.

Correct. If found guilty then the case will enter the penalty phase.

Question for any legal experts. If convicted of either of the two counts could she be sentenced to less than LWOP? I'm guessing the answer is yes.

MOOOOOOOO
The statuatory minimum sentence is life in prison without the possibility of parole for 25 years if she is convicted of 1st degree murder.

(Sorry. I'm not a legal expert. Just happened to know.)

Could the palm print on the wall have come from her slipping on the wet tile and catching herself by placing her palm on the wall? Just a guess. :)

Yes. I think that's exactly what went down there.

I think he believed he was safe, she was back in California.

She delivered her coochie like a dominos pizza and he accepted. I do not believed she knocked.

Maybe a fake pregnancy would have worked out better overall. But then again... she seemed quite pleased about it.

Yes, but was she coming from or going back to the bathroom?

Don't you think she let him know she was on the way in the voicemails.
She did delete them right?

Do you remember Flores pointing to the map and saying that she "turned her phone off here (pointing to somewhere in California) and turned it back on here (I believe Utah, but not positive on that). I think that her phone was off for the entire trip to Mesa because she didn't want her cell to ping. This is what I'm remembering anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654