The State Rests in the State v Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
*looks at pizza slice she WAS eating*
*sigh* Well my son can finish this now lol.
Incidentally we do have 3 women on DR here, the most recent from 2011. It isn't common for women and I agree, many seem to get a deal or LWOP. The lead prosecutor is experienced with DR trials and women on DR.......forgot which woman he was prosecutor against...Milke or Andriano. He knows how to do his job...then its up to the jury to decide. Either way I am fairly confident she won't see the outside of a prison again.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

It was Wendi Andriano. I think Milke's prosecutor was named Levy IIRC.
HTH

Me too and she clearly had rehearsed that whole "lost my charger" story as she threw that in to the story every chance she got, whether it applied or not.

IIRC one story was she bought a new charger at Radio Shak and the other was she found it under the passenger seat of her rent car.

What I don't understand is why she was dressed.

If she planned on killing him with a knife, wearing clothes would be an issue because of the blood. Up close and personal and all of that.

It just makes sense to me that she used the gun and it did not work out the way she expected. She was forced to use a knife because the gun was now inoperable in her mind.

I think the fact that she said that she would kill him humanely meant she had planned to shoot him. No fuss, no muss.

I just cannot think that even she would feel she was a match for him physically and could get him with a knife first.

Why she did not take the camera is a mystery as well. Or at least take the card. Strange indeed, except she may have thought the water would destroy it all.

I had an underwater camera that failed in salt water. The camera died, but the card was good.

I do not see how she would have any idea when the roomies would be home. Not only that, one could come home early because of illness or an appointment or anything really.

IMO the mistake we are very likely making is trying to rationalize the irrational. I do not believe for a second that her brain works like a normal person. So .... What sorta makes sense to us, is probably way off than what was actually going through that twisted brain of hers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that is not true,his roomates made that statement but his house was 3600 square feet,look it uo on the real estate sites and that is not huge

How could he get 5 bedrooms and that huge open area outside his bedroom in 3500 square feet?

Cause when she shot him the gun jammed!

I don't. Only because she knew was fixing to leave for his trip.
Wasn't he at home packing/preparing for Cancun? When was he planning on leaving town? June 6th?
I think he was completely surprised. I doubt he really had time to deal with her right then either.

Not if he turned his cell off at night. Nevermind...He was up anyway wasn't he?
I guess I am the only person that actually turns my cell off at night.
It goes off every 15min with e mails and messages... sometimes i can't deal and don't even want to see it light up!

I am quite sure she kept up with his room mates and all the room mates girlfriends and people they hung out with.~ through myspace, and other social media...
I think it's safe to say she knew what was going on at any given time.

moo

She also was a Sopranos fan;)

I don't know why anyone would believe a single word she said? I don't without some actual evidence to back it up. Only thing out of her mouth I believe is, "there was so much blood"

i thought we learned from other cases that cell phones ping even if they are "turned off." I though the battery had to actually be removed for the phone not to ping? Maybe things were different back in '08?

MOO
She removed the battery when she got close to AZ and put it back in before checking his voice mail between Kingman and the Nevada border (where the phone pinged a tower).
HTH

How could he get 5 bedrooms and that huge open area outside his bedroom in 3500 square feet?

I have it in less than 3500 square feet. There's a room downstairs that has a bath right outside the door. That could be used as a 5th br, especially if the small hall outside the door is closed off. And in RE listings, if that's what you're looking at, it's frequently counted as a 5th BR. It's my office, though.

Upstairs, there are 3 good sized br's and a master with it's own large bath and walk-in closet. Just eyeballin' it since I'm in the br right now, I would say it's maybe 20x30-35, not including the bath and walk-in closet. My br and the others are separated by a large loft. It doesn't look quite as large as Travis's, but that may be just because mine is full of furniture and kid crap and because I have an open "hall" to the mb with another bath off that hall that his house doesn't have.

And I can still smell bacon cooking on the roof :wink:

yes, and it has exactly the same sq. footage as a number of other houses in the neighborhood. Houses built at that time in AZ, and by that specific builder and numerous others, are totally cookie-cutter. You literally can't tell one from another from the outside. There are a couple of variations of a floorplan among all of the homes in the dev. -- some single, some two-story. I live in a similar neighborhood built in the exact same time frame and have a floor plan (two-story - upstairs split with a loft) with similar square footage. It is so NOT huge. That's why I'm having such a hard time with the roommates being in the home with a dead body for five days in AZ in June with a loose dog. If their rooms were upstairs, as I believe at least one of them was, they would have to have come within 20 feet or less of the MB door to get to their rooms. Between the smell and the loose dog with no feeding/watering requests given, wtf were those roommates on not to notice something amiss??? Plus, they didn't feel the need to use the washer/dryer in 5 days time? Possibly more believable from guys in their late 20's, but not really. More likely behavior from unemployed college kids, imo. Just weird.

I would think they believed since Travis was in Mexico he made arrangements for someone to come in and care for the dog.

The smell, I would imagine wouldn't be god awful and leave the master suite area till day 4. IMO

Mimi thought the dog made the smell. The roommates probably thought the same. Roommates didn't feel responsible for cleaning up after dog, figured the person Travis lined up would take care of it. IMO

MOO
She removed the battery when she got close to AZ and put it back in before checking his voice mail between Kingman and the Nevada border (where the phone pinged a tower).
HTH

Where did you hear/read that she did actually remove the battery? I was listening to parts of the interview with the detective and all I heard is that she turned it off (his story) and hers that the battery was dead. Easily could have missed it, so just curious.

I would think they believed since Travis was in Mexico he made arrangements for someone to come in and care for the dog.

The smell, I would imagine wouldn't be god awful and leave the master suite area till day 4. IMO

Mimi thought the dog made the smell. The roommates probably thought the same. Roommates didn't feel responsible for cleaning up after dog, figured the person Travis lined up would take care of it. IMO

I don't think so. He wasn't supposed to leave for Mexico for another 5-6 days -- one day after his body was found. And what about the feeding, watering and pottying of the dog for 5 days. Obviously no one was showing up to do it. Not to mention, you think the roommates are just going to let the dog mess all over the house and leave it up to someone else to deal with? I suppose it's possible, but wow, that would be insanely unreasonable if they had the "run of the house." Maybe they didn't, idk.

But last and not least, trust me, there's no mistaking little dog mess for the stench of a decaying carcass of any kind. It is absolutely sickening and unmistakeable as nothing you've ever smelled before if you haven't.

I'm not saying the roommates had anything to do with this. I'm just saying it's incredible to me that, under all the circumstances, they didn't have the slightest clue. I'd really love to hear them testify about it.

I'd love to believe this woman will get some punishment but the jury has me worried with the questions they asked. Like KC's jury they may come up with their own alternative and unfounded theory and find her not guilty. MOO

I don't think so. He wasn't supposed to leave for Mexico for another 5-6 days -- one day after his body was found. And what about the feeding, watering and pottying of the dog for 5 days. Obviously no one was showing up to do it. Not to mention, you think the roommates are just going to let the dog mess all over the house and leave it up to someone else to deal with? I suppose it's possible, but wow, that would be insanely unreasonable if they had the "run of the house." Maybe they didn't, idk.

But last and not least, trust me, there's no mistaking little dog mess for the stench of a decaying carcass of any kind. It is absolutely sickening and unmistakeable as nothing you've ever smelled before if you haven't.

I'm not saying the roommates had anything to do with this. I'm just saying it's incredible to me that, under all the circumstances, they didn't have the slightest clue. I'd really love to hear them testify about it.

His roommates have said they thought he was in Mexico.

There was a dog door.

Mimi mistook it for dog mess.

If the shower door, bathroom door and bedroom door were all shut it would do a lot to contain the odor.

According to Jodi she got there at 4am. Enrique left for work at 6am. He was taking the bus at the time due to gas prices. TMK he wasn't awake when Jodi arrived and through Flores' testimony we heard nothing appeared out of place when he did leave for work.

But there's a tassel and there's fibers that for some reason totally elusive to me were never tested. I think Jodi planned to stab him all along so she wouldn't have to worry about the sound of the gun in the early morning. When she did finally resort to the gun it's my belief she used a pillow as a silencer.
Since I do not believe Jodi period... I bet he was somewhere else that night.

Was Enrique there? I don't remember that he was. How could JA have ever stated she hadn't seen TA since April if she KNEW Enrique saw her when she arrived?
-even if he was home he had no clue she was there. IMO
Just going by something I heard in the beginning. I sure wish that they would have testified so that we'd know for sure. But, I also heard that there was no one but Travis there that night because they were both gone.

In any case, I still believe that Jodi would have tried to kill him in his sleep because that would have just made it a lot easier for her and I don't think that she would have done it all that way if she had the choice.

But, what do I know?
I thought I heard he wasn't there... only that he got to work around 8:00am and rode the bus HOME that night Missing "the scene" cause he was running later. Never saw JA(comment on facebook)

I know JA was asked by Flores if the roomies knew she was there and she said "well they should have seen my car" and known..

They would have expected to see the
(BMW) she got from Travis....she was in some random white rental car...
Why would the roomie assume she was driving a rental and was in the house? She had probably parked on the street that drive is small...

ETA: ohh and the tassels... I have never seen a pic.
Would the roomies know if there had been a pillow
in the home that had tassels and was missing?
maybe not..

Could it be these kind of tassels?
PG photo for reference!
images

Where did you hear/read that she did actually remove the battery? I was listening to parts of the interview with the detective and all I heard is that she turned it off (his story) and hers that the battery was dead. Easily could have missed it, so just curious.

I read it someplace, but can't recall off hand so I'll say MOO to cover my behind until I find a link. :)

What I don't understand is why she was dressed.
Really? Would you kill someone while naked? I know I wouldn't want to feel that vulnerable.

If she planned on killing him with a knife, wearing clothes would be an issue because of the blood. Up close and personal and all of that.
Not if she truly believed it would be one swift stab to the heart. And where are those clothes now? She's already admitted to killing him so why hide the clothes, knife, gun, and I believe pillow?

It just makes sense to me that she used the gun and it did not work out the way she expected. She was forced to use a knife because the gun was now inoperable in her mind.
I agree - the gun first makes more sense. I accept that it's most logical. Based on the totality of the evidence I believe he was stabbed first. But I'll also concede that I might just need to believe it as well to ensure the aggravating factor.

I think the fact that she said that she would kill him humanely meant she had planned to shoot him. No fuss, no muss.
Again we agree to a point. I don't for a second believe she planned to butcher him.

I just cannot think that even she would feel she was a match for him physically and could get him with a knife first.
Understood...and that's why a lot of women are acquitted or when convicted receive reduced sentences. You may have missed it but on my side of the pond when women kill their intimate partner they use a knife 78% of the time. In the States, statistical analysis ranges from 41.4%-44.1% based on research conducted by Goetting & Mann.

Many people believe a woman incapable of violence and many more unable to overpower a man. There are so many cases that contradict these theories though.

Why she did not take the camera is a mystery as well. Or at least take the card. Strange indeed, except she may have thought the water would destroy it all.

I had an underwater camera that failed in salt water. The camera died, but the card was good.
I believe it was washed with the sole intent of removing DNA and fingerprints. I can only think she thought the pictures had been permanently deleted and irretrievable.

I do not see how she would have any idea when the roomies would be home. Not only that, one could come home early because of illness or an appointment or anything really.
But we really don't know. She may have been cyber-stalking them too. She might have asked Travis a week prior when they were still talking. Enrique might've posted on facebook about coming home late due to taking the bus. She might've made a fake myspace to friend them online (don't laugh - that actually happened to me with my ex-husband). Point is we don't know what she knew.

My counter arguments in bold.

This has probably been posted before but this comment from Travis on her Myspace page really is sad

Travis You are as enlightened as you are beautiful. Those were some good ones. Some I have never seen before even.

6 years ago
[B]http://www.myspace.com/jodiarias/blog[/B]

BAM!
first thing I have see that supports her
having anything to do with Wicca....

The 16th quote on the list...

"What ye send out, comes back to thee." - The Wiccan Creed

Also a thing I noticed about the dog. In a photo of TA and a friend they are standing in front of rear sliding doors. On the floor is the dog food and water bowl. They are huge glass or plastic containers that are upside down to continually deposit food and water as needed. Maybe those were full and lasted that long for the dog to eat and drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog