The State Rests in the State v Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe she was calling him from Cali though - which she'd already worked into her alibi. With receipts and everything! :biggrin:

Maybe she called just to try to get information on whether he was there, or if roommates were there, etc. If she told him she was driving to Utah, why would he have a reason to think she was coming there?

Either way... she made it to the sack. That is why the roommate stuff is important IMO.

She obviously had a plan B as someone mentioned if she was intending to break in and catch him sleeping.

What happens if she breaks in and he hears her? Hey JA... what ya doing with that camera and gun there?
According to Jodi she got there at 4am. Enrique left for work at 6am. He was taking the bus at the time due to gas prices. TMK he wasn't awake when Jodi arrived and through Flores' testimony we heard nothing appeared out of place when he did leave for work.

But there's a tassel and there's fibers that for some reason totally elusive to me were never tested. I think Jodi planned to stab him all along so she wouldn't have to worry about the sound of the gun in the early morning. When she did finally resort to the gun it's my belief she used a pillow as a silencer.

Can you explain how the roommate stuff is important?

How would she sneak in and kill him if a roommate was supposed to be there?

If she knew he was there I am thinking she would have waited for him to leave or was hoping that he wouldn't know exactly who was there except for the white car and maybe a dark haired girl. I don't know... I'm confused about the roommate stuff.

I think that she is lying when she says he knew she would be there. I don't think that she would have taken the chance to tell him she was coming because she would have no way of knowing that he wouldn't tell a friend, "Jodi is coming here tonight from California". I don't think she would have taken that chance. Plus, the element of surprise is so much better.

My question for a long time, too, Nana. I may have read somewhere that she waited tables (???) a while back, but I could have that info confused with someone else being on a waitstaff.

But she did buy gas, she rented the car, I guess she slept somewhere (g'parents??). But she had to eat & buy things from time to time. Same mystery with CA, altho I think the parents helped her out...

But yes, where did she receive any income or walking-around money?

Others have said it before, but I'm completely amazed at the lack of information on her background. In a previous post I referred to her as a "pod person", like invasion of the body snatchers, but she has parents LoL so I guess she didn't sprout out of a pea pod.

She's even scarier than CA. At least a couple of school time friends spoke up about her. Nothing good, but they at least acknowledged her existence. Nobody, other than the people she met through TA, have spoken up about JA other than a few statements from her family. Very strange.

According to Jodi she got there at 4am. Enrique left for work at 6am. He was taking the bus at the time due to gas prices. TMK he wasn't awake when Jodi arrived and through Flores' testimony we heard nothing appeared out of place when he did leave for work.

But there's a tassel and there's fibers that for some reason totally elusive to me were never tested. I think Jodi planned to stab him all along so she wouldn't have to worry about the sound of the gun in the early morning. When she did finally resort to the gun it's my belief she used a pillow as a silencer.

I agree.

If she knew he was there I am thinking she would have waited for him to leave or was hoping that he wouldn't know exactly who was there except for the white car and maybe a dark haired girl. I don't know... I'm confused about the roommate stuff.

Again, the house was 4,000-5,000 sf and Travis' living area was completely on the other side of the house and his bedroom on another floor. Very easy to be quiet.

Incidentally...78% of women who murder their intimate partners in the UK do so with a knife or other sharp instrument.

In areas that have ready access to firearms the number drops but is still high considering at about 40% or so. Not definitive of course - I just find it interesting how crime is evolving. Used to be women preferred poison back in the 'good' old days.

Incidentally...78% of women who murder their intimate partners in the UK do so with a knife or other sharp instrument.

In areas that have ready access to firearms the number drops but is still high considering at about 40% or so. Not definitive of course - I just find it interesting how crime is evolving. Used to be women preferred poison back in the 'good' old days.

That's back when the "little woman" was afraid of guns. Not so much anymore...

Why would there be any noise? No one heard her sneaky entrances before

Right... but surely she didn't expect to get in at 4am, surprise him, kill him with a gun, and nobody hear that. She had to know it would be later... like after they had been in bed awhile and the roommate was gone. If he was a nightowl, she left voicemails, etc

Them being in bed shows me she didn't care so much about surprising him... but wanted to kill him in his sleep. Maybe that is what she meant by killing someone 'humanely'.

Maybe that is why he looks so tired in that face pic. He hadn't slept at all and was probably scared a bit to.

Again, the house was 4,000-5,000 sf and Travis' living area was completely on the other side of the house and his bedroom on another floor. Very easy to be quiet.

Why do you think the roommate's br's were on a different floor?

Well the roommate was asleep with his room being in a separate part of the house. I tend to believe Jodi (both when she planned to kill him and when she did kill him) really thought it would be one stab wound directly to the heart. Quick and done.

I've wondered if she wasn't planning on someone finding him a lot sooner though when she was planning the crime...like when she was in Utah and her whereabouts could easily be determined. (I think her locking the doors was a psych reaction to the extreme carnage she'd left behind.)

Just postulating.

Why go thru all that and not just show up when you are sure the roommate is gone?

If she walks in and he is at his computer or wherever... don't you think she could have shot him sometime before so much time goes by?

I guess she might have wanted the sex and pictures first... but something about it just doesn't seem right to me.

I believe she was calling him from Cali though - which she'd already worked into her alibi. With receipts and everything! :biggrin:

Yes, because those calls on June 3rd were early in the evening....around 8:30. No calls again until June 4th at around 11:48 p.m.

Why do you think the roommate's br's were on a different floor?

Just going by something I heard in the beginning. I sure wish that they would have testified so that we'd know for sure. But, I also heard that there was no one but Travis there that night because they were both gone.

In any case, I still believe that Jodi would have tried to kill him in his sleep because that would have just made it a lot easier for her and I don't think that she would have done it all that way if she had the choice.

But, what do I know?

Yes, because those calls on June 3rd were early in the evening....around 8:30. No calls again until June 4th at around 11:48 p.m.
That's why I love you! I say something and you come in all professional-like with proof! :blowkiss:

Thank you. I was too plumb tired to go look. I appreciate you taking the time.

That stupid duct tape is driving me crazy!!!! Nope not a word about it.

Maybe on rebuttal?

Maybe in the evidence hearings.

I noticed today that he had a mark on his right bicep that looked like it was from duct tape.

Look at the duct tape around his right bicep in this photo:
057854dba718a7b92b5cbdd7352a0e72.jpg

Mark on his bicep:
slide_273021_1985283_free.jpg

Duct tape:
64bc6d1f2277536d241ae4bc9a460f83.jpg

Why go thru all that and not just show up when you are sure the roommate is gone?

If she walks in and he is at his computer or wherever... don't you think she could have shot him sometime before so much time goes by?

I guess she might have wanted the sex and pictures first... but something about it just doesn't seem right to me.

Because I believe that she knew the roommate wasn't there. That's what I heard somewhere in the beginning and I think this is part of the information that she elicited when she called him from California.

I think that when she found him on his computer, it threw her plan out the window and she needed time to think. So, no, I don't believe that she would have just tried to kill him then.

And, you are right...none of it does seem right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo