The state Rests in The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a hard time understanding this, are you saying that though they officially "broke up" in June of 2007, she STILL had his passwords up until 2 weeks BEFORE the murder? What possible reason could she need for those passwords, and more importantly, WHY would Travis allow her to have this kind of access.

Someone will really have to 'splain to get me to see how this makes any kind of sense at all, let alone good sense. :waitasec::waitasec:

I'm thinking he did not know and she did not tell him. According to his email to her in May he did not give them to her. JA admits that TA let her come into his home when he was gone to clean. My bet is that is not true and she just came in when everyone was gone and snooped around and found passwords and other interesting materials she could use. They were not as tight as she would have us believe. JA made sure she told Det. Flores that TA never locked his door but friends say she broke into the house through the doggie dog once while they were there. Does not sound like he left his doors unlocked. jmo

I was attempting to pick up/move a 35 lb bucket of cat litter the other day and my mind went immediately to this case and Jodi getting TA's body back down the hall and into that shower stall. I could never move a body--my back couldn't handle 35 lbs! Reason #627 why killing someone would not be a good idea.

It's really easy to slide someone more than twice your weight on tile, without the water and blood "slip and slide" effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was attempting to pick up/move a 35 lb bucket of cat litter the other day and my mind went immediately to this case and Jodi getting TA's body back down the hall and into that shower stall. I could never move a body--my back couldn't handle 35 lbs! Reason #627 why killing someone would not be a good idea.

Do it when you're young!!!

:great:

He may have been shot already IMO. Next pic you see him is about 6 or 7 minutes later bleeding on the floor by her foot.?

What does WebSleuthers think about the timeline from first wound until last, what do we think was the shortest time the actual murder took, and the longest. Like, do we think it was 4-8 minutes beginning to end. I'm amazed that it could have happened so quickly.

For those of you that like to get addicted to crime sagas and other craziness, are any of you keeping up with the John McAfee story? If so, did you watch last night's Dateline? And is there a thread yet on Websleuths for the Gregory Faull murder?

I watched the first half, saving the second half for tonight.

I'm having a hard time understanding this, are you saying that though they officially "broke up" in June of 2007, she STILL had his passwords up until 2 weeks BEFORE the murder? What possible reason could she need for those passwords, and more importantly, WHY would Travis allow her to have this kind of access.

Someone will really have to 'splain to get me to see how this makes any kind of sense at all, let alone good sense. :waitasec::waitasec:

Ummmm She had to have still had his voicemail password... she was on his voicemail for what was it ...16 minutes after she murdered him? In the 48 hours show she said she called him and he asked her to come see him.... and said she rang the doorbell.... of course that's *her* story... BUT... she did access his voicemail after she killed him so we know she still had that pass code.

Yes, according to her interrogation she had the passwords with Travis' blessing until a couple of weeks before she killed him. I agree that it does not make any sense, and I seriously doubt that Travis willingly gave her his passwords either.

This is likely one of Jodi's lies with a sprinkling of truth thrown in.

My guess -- Jodi figured out his passwords somehow and had been snooping for a very long time. Travis eventually figured out she had been accessing his email and FaceBook and changed his passwords to prevent her from accessing them -- and this happened in the month before he was murdered.

Travis told friends he thought she was accessing his FaceBook just days before he was killed, and that angry text message where he accuses her of violating his privacy was less than a month before his death.

Detailed timeline here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Ak0vUAK8UbSndFl4X1V3YkZXazU0X25pQndhNVVmbXc&output=html

Hello-I've been reading for days and just registered. So many astute minds on this site. I'm fascinated with this case - it shocks me to my core and Like several of you I am wondering how such a monster like JA can come to be? Was she BORN a psychopath? or CREATED ?

This is when people will come to argue and fight with me. I am a criminologist..i am only 27 but this was my dream job since i was 8 years old. For my job, i meet with criminals and try to understand why they became that way..was it normal for them because of the way they were raised or was it because something happened..and if so..WHY...here we can talk about sexual predators...pedophiles and killers..i dont have a long record with meeting with criminals..i would say 105 peeps that i saw and each of them are different and they will connect after some stuff happened...

-jealous bf or gf...
-cant lose a loved one
-sexual abused
-drugs or booze and etc...

I think i had 5 people telling me why they did what they did...the rest is well you know stuff that happened...i dont know jodi..i am young..shes older than me....hell she is not ugly(ok minus the naked part...i didnt need to see it) but i do BELIEVE and where i work(THEY RESPECT ME) each individuals are unique..they have their own stories...yeah it doesnt make them better if something happened to them but MY job is to understand and try to see what made them clicked... (sorry for the mistake im quebecoise..)

thats my :twocents: and thats my job...you could be as guilty as Homolka or Russel Williams or etc i WANT TO UNDERSTAND WHY..and if i cannot get why... i want to see and study you

Ummmm She had to have still had his voicemail password... she was on his voicemail for what was it ...16 minutes after she murdered him? In the 48 hours show she said she called him and he asked her to come see him.... and said she rang the doorbell.... of course that's *her* story... BUT... she did access his voicemail after she killed him so we know she still had that pass code.

If he's anything like me ...I tend to use the same numbers & passwords for everything.

I understand that with voice mail you can listen, record and delete voice messages. However, I have not heard of being able to send text messages by remotely dialing in to voice mail. Is that everyone's understanding of what the prosecutor was asking the Verizon witness?

No. They were talking about text messages. There would be no misunderstandings that it was him with a voicemail. She could have gotten into his voicemail and listen if she were calling from a remote phone and dialed in with his code. But they were talking about text message she was sending to herself that indicated they came from TA. That was my understanding. jmo

I put the traits of a psychopath up today in a link and one of the traits is the psychopath knows everything about their victim. Everything. So it fits to a T.

imo

Yes, that totally fits, but what doesn't fit is that psychopaths are able to "pass" remarkably well, and everyone is shocked when they are "outed". That part doesn't fit here. It seems that ALL of his friends smelled a rat, and I'm curious about the Hughes' because I've heard they disliked her and didn't want her to be around them or their children, but I haven't heard the specific behavior she did to creep them out. There must have been something more tangible than a "bad feeling".

Another of Alexander’s friends, Taylor Searle, tells In Session, that around the first week of June 2008, Alexander caught Arias hacking into his Facebook account and told her he wanted her out of his life. Searle says Alexander called him the next day and read the contents of an online chat between Alexander and Arias.

Searle says he asked Alexander, "Aren't you afraid she's going to hurt you?"

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2012/10/05/jodi-arias-killer-or-victim

Here's one "sleuther's" opinion on the order of the wounds:

No frigging idea. I wasn't there. Could the gun shot have come first? Sure, it's possible. Could it have come last? yes, absolutely. Bottomline: I don't know and I'll never know. What I do know is it was the neck wound that ultimately killed Travis first. The heart stab and the gunshot wound to the head were bad, mortally bad, but the "OJ special" to the neck...that was the most acute, most immediate, COD.

Bbl, I gotta be a taxi service for my kid and his friends:)

A young, fit woman filled with rage.......yes I can see her easily dragging him back into the shower by grabbing his ankles or wrists. It would probably be easier to do than carrying something awkward any distance, such as the 35 lb. container of litter. We have a two-story house so I only get 20 lb. containers.

:)

Agree. My belief is also that the gunshot wound was last to ensure he was dead. Also believe she was enraged that he didn't die from the first stab wound, had gotten out of the shower, into the hallway........therefore as her rage grew the number of injuries to his body increased. He was refusing to die on her terms!

MOO

Strictly MOO but I thought this way at first . Think about it though. She stole the gun from her residence. Most likely with the idea of using it to kill him. Her being unexperienced with firearms she had no idea that such a low caliber would not kill him if improperly fired.

Slightly (or more) off topic

Adrenalin is amazing. After my DH passed away my artificial Xmas tree was still decorated. A couple of weeks later I got mad--picked up the tree and moved it twenty five feet into another room - still fully decorated. Weight without decorations was 70 lbs. Two years later I tried to pick up the top 1/3 of the tree and could not do it. BTW: I'm not young or strong. Was just pumped with pure adrenalin.

My guess -- Jodi figured out his passwords somehow...

Oh sure. This was back in 2007/2008 before people were getting anywhere near as careful about passwords are they are now. Even I can probably tell you his password: N-A-P-O-L-E-O-N. :)

Yes, that totally fits, but what doesn't fit is that psychopaths are able to "pass" remarkably well, and everyone is shocked when they are "outed". That part doesn't fit here. It seems that ALL of his friends smelled a rat, and I'm curious about the Hughes' because I've heard they disliked her and didn't want her to be around them or their children, but I haven't heard the specific behavior she did to creep them out. There must have been something more tangible than a "bad feeling".

it seems it was the women who figured out JA and clued their husbands and bfs - and i think a big part of that was her being all over him all the time in public - the one women on 48 hrs said she used to kiss his neck and bite on his ear while they would all be together hanging out - which is weird normally, but just not acceptable w/ the church they all belonged to

Not every psychopath comes across as the same. In fact a lot of them dont become murderers but can become CEOs of large successful companies instead. They usually arent liked much due to being emotionless and ruthless. Of course they can pour on the charm when it behooves them and benefits them in some way. Sometimes they overdo it since they are trying to copy their definition of what they think normalcy is. Im not sure everyone is shocked when a psychopath is outed. A lot of times they thought the person was strange and their affect too.

I am sure JA tried to mimic normalcy like all of them do but some are not as ept as others and dont pick up cues as well.

I think the reason they didnt like her was because she was all over Travis when they were at these people's home. Kissing his neck...nibbling at his ear. etc. I imagine that Mormons expect couples to be more discreet. I really dont know though since Im not a Mormon.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member