The state Rests in The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking for myself, I think the "deviance" is in the lies they told the world about their purity. TA was a leader in his church, and that church would consider what they were doing "deviant."
Without that, I don't see deviance either (though maybe not my cup of tea :blushing:)

Is there any testimony so far that TA was actually having sex with her? Other than JA stating they did, which tells us nothing because she lies. Or was she just pressuring him constantly to take the plunge. All I have ever heard his friends say is that "they believe" which to me is not a statement that they actually knew.

And we do know he wrote to her about her not respecting his boundries. Wouldn't coming to see him in the middle of the night fall under not respecting his boundries. We do not even know for sure if she arrived at 4am as she stated. It may have been closer to 1pm.

In any event there are many religions where church members are told not to use birth control and they used it. I'm sure TA was not the first church member to disobey this rule regardless of what his activities consisted of.

As for the duct tape. I do not think Travis would have pulled that tape off his arm and thrown it on the bathroom floor when the wastebasket was only a few feet away. I believe the tape was on Jodi and was pulled off and she overlooked it when she was cleaning up. jmo

How do we know there are any sex pics? When Flores was interviewing Jodi I don't recall him saying that there were photos of them having sex, only that it was clear they had sex. Two people on the same bed, naked, with a bottle of KY equals sex at some point to most people.

If the photos had been blurred in court then the jury would have every reason to question what it was that the State was hiding.

MOO

Flores did insinuate to me that there were sex pics, it is a far reach to assume from those pics that sex took place, in fact an argument could be made that from those pics one may choose not to have sex.

What would there be to question if the state blurred their privates. This is not a lawsuit over vaginal rejuvenation.

i can't remember - did forensic camera guy say there were some pics he wasn't able to retrieve?

I'm not sure, will check the media thread and read the transcript of his testimony again to make sure.

Also I checked the Ebay thing and was suprised to see that one of Jodi's drawings is now at $911 with a little over three hours left to bid. I will never understand the type of person that wants to own something from a cold blooded killer.

Is there any testimony so far that TA was actually having sex with her? Other than JA stating they did, which tells us nothing because she lies. Or was she just pressuring him constantly to take the plunge. All I have ever heard his friends say is that "they believe" which to me is not a statement that they actually knew.

And we do know he wrote to her about her not respecting his boundries. Wouldn't coming to see him in the middle of the night fall under not respecting his boundries. We do not even know for sure if she arrived at 4am as she stated. It may have been closer to 1pm.

In any event there are many religions where church members are told not to use birth control and they used it. I'm sure TA was not the first church member to disobey this rule regardless of what his activities consisted of.

As for the duct tape. I do not think Travis would have pulled that tape off his arm and thrown it on the bathroom floor when the wastebasket was only a few feet away. I believe the tape was on Jodi and was pulled off and she overlooked it when she was cleaning up. jmo

it sounded like her kept every thing private - except they 3 hole wonder comment he texted to his friends and that mimi said TA admitted he wasn't temple worthy any more - i think thats all they have said so far- imo

Flores did insinuate to me that there were sex pics, it is a far reach to assume from those pics that sex took place, in fact an argument could be made that from those pics one may choose not to have sex.

What would there be to question if the state blurred their privates. This is not a lawsuit over vaginal rejuvenation.

I think all juries get to see the pictures (bad as they may be) without being blurred out. Juries have the right to see the pictures in their entirety, not just portions, no matter how upset it makes them. Juries do not have a choice, we do. jmo

i think that was part of the interrogation technique to get her to tell the truth - they are allowed to use tricks like that - imo

...Is there any testimony so far that TA was actually having sex with her? Other than JA stating they did, which tells us nothing because she lies. Or was she just pressuring him constantly to take the plunge. All I have ever heard his friends say is that "they believe" which to me is not a statement that they actually knew. ...

snipped by me. I don't recall any testimony beside what you reference...but in my opinion (and experience), the penis in that picture had seen some action.

Poly,
Are you the one that linked the series of photos that I commented about the shower knobs being high?
There were a lot of pics there of him in the shower I hadn't seen before, are not listed on Chandler's list, and I don't believe were shown in court.
BTW, you know how you can look at one pic, and see different things ea time?
The very last one of T in the shower that is only of his body - the legs always looked funky to me. At first I thought he had his legs crossed.
When I looked again last night (I believe it's #18 on that site), I see now that we only see his right leg. The coloring is weird, but it's a pic of his right thigh, then the calf of the same leg. Sit down, and put your heel close to your bottom - that's the position IMO.
Thanks for that link.

Didn’t JA tell the good detective that there was also a sex tape made that fateful day?
Was there any proof found of its existence?

[Please note: NO! I don’t want to see it! :eek::noooo::gasp::yuck::shocked2:
I just want to know if it actually existed and if LE have it.]
:doorhide:

The following is a post from the media thread made by KMouse. Link to the specific post is following the post.

Det Melendez testimony from the afternoon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 14, 2012 afternoon testimony

Michael Melendez--witness for the prosecution--works for Mesa PD. In June 2008 he was a detective in the computer forensics department. He conducted examinations of computer related evidence. Did forensic examinations.

#214, Camera--Melendez explains how a digital camera works. Battery in the camera was dead. Melendez used a power source instead of a batter. The button to take photos is on the top of the camera.

Lunch break.

(Missed the first few minutes, had to refresh the page)
--Multiple ways of deleting images. Only some of the photos were deleted. This would have been done by choice. There are multiple steps (five) in deleting images.
--The not deleted photos, the witness does not know what they were offhand.
--The forensic software is used to see all the images that were not deleted. There were photos of Travis in the shower and photos of a man and a woman engaged in sexual activity.

#164-169--Images recovered from the unallocated space. Partial images are sometimes found and the information that goes with photos is not found.
--The date and time was embedded on the photos.
--There were thumbnail photos and when they are 'blown up' they are blurry. The larger version of the photos were deleted and may have been overwritten. The tumbnails remained.
--Defence lawyer asks to approach the bench. Photos are entered into evidence.

#164--Date and time is 2008-06-04, 1:42 p.m. Image of a female.
#166--Image of a male and a bottle of KY personal lube. Date in time is 2008-06-04 1:48 p.m.
#165:--2008-06-04, 1:44 p.m. Item in the photo has a blue top and white bottom. Bottle of KY?
#166--Item in the photo with a blue top and a white bottom. TV in the background.
#167--Date and time is 1:47:15 p.m.
#168--Blurry image
#169--No date and time, image is from unallocated clusters of memory.

#141-160
Items also part of the memory card
Dates and times were put there by the camera itself.
#141-- Date is 2008-06-04 at 5:22:24 p.m. Naked male in the shower. View is from the side.
#142--5:22:36, 12 seconds after the first photo. Photo is of a naked male in the shower, view is from the back. Male has back to the camera and has his hands over his head
--photos were most likely taken using one's right hand, otherwise the camera operator would have to reach around.

#140, 5:22:54, Male in the shower with his back to the camera.
The lighting for #140 is darker than #142, the setting may have been changed by the camera operator.
#144--5:23:00, 6 seconds later, Photo is of a male in the shower, view is of the back.
#145--5:23:24, Travis in the shower, view is of his side. Lighting is dark.
#146--5:23:30, 6 seconds later. Almost the same photo.
$147--5:23:40, Travis from rioght side of his face,standing in the shower, lighting is dark.
#148--5:24:48, 18 seconds later. Photo is of Travis standing in the shower, side view of the left side of his face. Shower head appears to be spraying him. In the other photos the side views are of the right side of his face.
#149--5:24:52, 4 second later, Left side of Travis' head as he is facing the shower head.
#150--5:24:56, 4 seconds later, Travis standing in shower, water is spraying the back of his head, shower head is on the right side of the photo.
#151--5:25:00, 4 seconds later. Side shot of Travis in the shower, back is to the shower head.
#159--5:29:20, 4 minutes & 20 seconds later. Photo of Travis in the shower, appears to be sitting, he is looking at the camera.
#160--5:30:30,
#158--5:29:12
#147 5:28:54
156 5:27:28
#155 5:27:18
#154 5:27:12
#153 5:26:56
#160 5:30:30

--Camera does have a zoom so it is unknown how close the photos were taken.

Other photos recovered from unallocated portion of the memory stick of the camera.
#161, #162, #163
#161--5:31:14, 45 seconds later. Photo of a ceiling and the upper wall portion of the bathroom. Can see what looks like the shower door . No floor trim seen in the photo. Was the camera right side up when this was taken? Yes.
Can it be determined if the photo was taken right side up? Yes.
Melendez' opinion is that the camera is 2-3 feet, waist high, off the ground when the last two photos were taken.
#162--5:32:16, 62 seconds later. Was the camera right side up or upside down? Camera was upside down when the photo was taken. Floor can be seen in the photo. (This is the much debated photo of Travis being dragged?)
Det. Melendez has worked on hundreds of thousands of photographs in his career. He is therefore able to form an opinion on where the camera was to take these photos. This photo was taken on the ground.
#163--5:33:13. Photo of the floor, can see a mass with reddish lines in the top left corner. Can see the floor. This photo was taken upside down. Camera would have been on the ground.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8723045&postcount=136"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - *graphic and adult content* Jodi Arias Trial media/ timeline thread **no discussion**[/ame]

I see nothing in the testimony that states that some photos were not able to be retrieved.

Poly,
Are you the one that linked the series of photos that I commented about the shower knobs being high?
There were a lot of pics there of him in the shower I hadn't seen before, are not listed on Chandler's list, and I don't believe were shown in court.
BTW, you know how you can look at one pic, and see different things ea time?
The very last one of T in the shower that is only of his body - the legs always looked funky to me. At first I thought he had his legs crossed.
When I looked again last night (I believe it's #18 on that site), I see now that we only see his right leg. The coloring is weird, but it's a pic of his right thigh, then the calf of the same leg. Sit down, and put your heel close to your bottom - that's the position IMO.
Thanks for that link.

those were from huffington post from the trial, so i think they were all shown - and you know your right - i think the pic of his body was an accidental pic too, maybe she finished her "modeling shoot" so he was trying to get up?? which put him in a very vunerable position to be attacked?? imo - i do remember the photo guy said since he took everything from thumbnails that there is distortion when they blew up the pics

i'd never looked at the thread on the sequence of events before but i just did. some of the gynecology shots are there. :what:

anyway, there is one shower pic i never saw before apparently. that's her hand in the photo, right? like against the shower door?

Quester,
Flores TOLD her they were not able to retrieve it. Again, no idea if that was part of his technique.
So in this case, we can't really take what either of them say as fact. That's kind of a weird feeling. lol

Didn’t JA tell the good detective that there was also a sex tape made that fateful day?

Jodi also told Flores that she was not in Arizona that day, then that two intruders attacked Travis and herself, and that her "feral cat" left scars and scratches on her arms.

Anything that comes out of Jodi's mouth is more than likely to be a lie, even if she said the grass was green I would double check.

TMom,
Possible the part in the transcript where pg was being refreshed-
I would have sworn he said EVERYTHING had been deleted. Nothing in the run mode for camera memory. I think. ha

Quester,
Flores TOLD her they were not able to retrieve it. Again, no idea if that was part of his technique.
So in this case, we can't really take what either of them say as fact. That's kind of a weird feeling. lol

you know what just dawned on me - when jodi was denying everything, she said maybe it was a sim card from one of her cameras in storage - maybe thats where the naked pics came from - do you think she has more *advertiser censored* pics in her possessions at home?

i'd never looked at the thread on the sequence of events before but i just did. some of the gynecology shots are there. :what:

anyway, there is one shower pic i never saw before apparently. that's her hand in the photo, right? like against the shower door?

It looks more like a man's hand but I'm not sure......

Quester,

But what he said makes sense. Movies have too many pixels and can't be put back together like pictures can. jmo

you know what just dawned on me - when jodi was denying everything, she said maybe it was a sim card from one of her cameras in storage - maybe thats where the naked pics came from - do you think she has more *advertiser censored* pics in her possessions at home?

I think that's what she wanted him to believe. Boosting her story that this was an ongoing sexual relationship.
Bet LE found that camera - if there was really one there.

Jodi also told Flores that she was not in Arizona that day, then that two intruders attacked Travis and herself, and that her "feral cat" left scars and scratches on her arms.

Anything that comes out of Jodi's mouth is more than likely to be a lie, even if she said the grass was green I would double check.

Yes, I agree! And, JA's lies are precisely why I asked the question: "Was there any proof found of its existence?" and my subsequent note. :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm