The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #13 *ADULT CONTENT*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she was one of the parties in the conversation that was recorded I think it is legal here.
Found some info:

B. In the case of a telephone or in-person conversation, recording simply means making a copy of the conversation between two or more people. Recording is illegal in Arizona if NO party to the conversation knows that the conversation is being recorded. However, in Arizona, and this varies by state, if one party to the conversation knows that the conversation is being recorded, it is not illegal. Thus, if someone tape records a phone call or conversation involving him/herself and another person, even one who is unaware of being recorded, that's legal in Arizona.

Link:
http://www.wilcoxlegal.com/articles/bugging-and-tape-recording-conversations.htm

HTH

But would this cover a call made from another state to Arizona, that has differing laws?

ETA: I don't know much about these laws, but it seems that the law that would prevail would be the one in the state from which the call was made, or the state in which the person doing the recording is located at the time.

After seeing with others here the movie that was shared on the threads, name of Letter to Alexander, I am not sure I want her to have death penalty. If you guys have not seen that link a lot of us followed to watch, I recommend.

Arias attys have just gone onto chambers with udge.

It's called Dear Zachary.
:seeya: (unless there's another film?)

Ultimately I feel the family's decision needs to be respected. Travis' sister and sister in law have both been extremely adamant they want Jodi to receive the death penalty.

My personal opinion doesn't really factor in because I didn't personally know Travis. I think if that's the family's wish it should be honored. Next to Travis, their loss is greatest. MOO

Ok i will get attacked here BUT i dont believe in DP..Maybe because im liberal here in Canada...and well she should totally be in a prison for life. NO 3 MEALS PER DAY; you work for it. Extreme rules: no tv no singing stupid contests etc. 9 TO 5 JOBS,and the free time you do it in an isolation room.

Sometimes i feel like the DP is something quick and they dont suffer and rot in jail until they died.....Im jewish also and im not saying she should go to a concentration camp but.....yes minus the gas chamber..

I am also against the death penalty, and I'm a conservative right here in the US.

I need to look at a California/Arizona map so I can see where Yorba Linda and Santa Cruz are in relationship to Travis'.

Yorba Linda is south of Los Angeles in Orange County. Santa Cruz is north along the coast near Monterey.

HTH

I want to change my opinion of her getting the DP after hearing what Katiecoo said, I realize that it would be better for her to get LWOP. I lost my head over the photos of Travis back. If the DP wasn't what it actually is, I would want her to have it. Just wanted to clarify.

I know they keep saying this hearing is about prosecutorial misconduct, but I thought it was something else that had already been set a long time ago. In the court minutes, there were some defense motions that the judge rules would be taken up after the state presented its case -- having to do with the exclusion of negative info about Travis and such. I thought that's what this evidentiary hearing was about. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Im posting them ONLY AS A LINK so i dont show something that other people cannot stomach....also delete my post if its not ok

Thank you for being thoughtful with the link. I am following this case and so far have successfully avoided all the bloody pics (have had to scroll quickly a few times lol...). I appreciate the warnings when graphic photos are posted. I can't stomach them and have no desire to see...will trust you all when you say how awful they are.

Ok i will get attacked here BUT i dont believe in DP..Maybe because im liberal here in Canada...and well she should totally be in a prison for life. NO 3 MEALS PER DAY; you work for it. Extreme rules: no tv no singing stupid contests etc. 9 TO 5 JOBS,and the free time you do it in an isolation room.

Sometimes i feel like the DP is something quick and they dont suffer and rot in jail until they died.....Im jewish also and im not saying she should go to a concentration camp but.....yes minus the gas chamber..
Unfortunately, it is against the civil rights of the prisoners to deny them these things. The prisons would never be allowed to deny food, etc. Therefore I strongly support the DP.
JMO

I want to change my opinion of her getting the DP after hearing what Katiecoo said, I realize that it would be better for her to get LWOP. I lost my head over the photos of Travis back. If the DP wasn't what it actually is, I would want her to have it. Just wanted to clarify.

It is very natural for anyone, especially the family, to want this horrible criminal who IS the worst of the worst, to get the Death Penalty.

It's just the impact it has on the family down the road that many don't know. And the celebrity that murderers receive and high level legal assistance that LWOPers will never get.

But I'm with whoever who said I will support whatever the family wants and not question it whatsoever.

(Thank you for paying attention to my posts about it Frigga as I do think my role in this whole thing is to offer that perspective...one of reality)

Here we go...here's Gus Searcy and there's Jodi, smiling at him. Jodi looks very upbeat and happy...I bet she thinks she's walking out of jail today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BranVan