The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #17 *ADULT CONTENT*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headed to the courthouse when do they resume?

No wonder I haven't been able to spot you during the many sidebars. What color are you wearing? That will help us find you, hoping you get in the courtroom so badly! Want to get the feel of the atmosphere in there today! :)

Doesn't he have to finish his testimony? Provided he can find a lawyer somehow of course.

Not a good advertisement for LegalShield. We may not see the rest of his testimony. Is it possible defense withdrew him as a witness and the jury will be instructed to disregard his testimony when they deliberate?

IS just showed Arizona Law on Self-Defense. Here it is for those who like myself haven't read it before...

Justification - Self-Defense
A. A person is justified in threatening or using physical force against another when a reasonable person would believe that physical force is immediately necessary to protect himself against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful physical force

B. The use of physical force against another is not justified in response to verbal provocation alone.

Very interesting.

FYI, I met my husband when I was 14, married at 18, had 38th anniversary in 2012. It hasn't all been peaches and cream, but it works!:seeya:

I am also one of these "rare" ones. I met my husband at 16, married at 18 and we have been married 11 years. Sure there is still time for things to go bad, but not in our minds!

I agree OBE, in addition I believe that most men mature much later than women do, although some never do, lol. At 30, his testosterone level had to be off the charts.

I have never known a man that didnt think about sex .........no matter their age.

If I was Juan I would get up there and spin it right back in the DTs face.

Lisa:

Q: Do you think Travis changed when he met Jodi?
Q: Do you think Travis was a virgin before he met Jodi? Do you know of any others he had sex with before Jodi?
Q: He cheated on you......did you ever slash his tires and stalk him or Jodi?
Q: He cheated on you did you ever want to stab him 29 times..cut his throat from ear to ear and shoot him in the head?

And on and on

I hope everyone is still watching their court feed, they are having a live PrePaid Legal ring ceremony now!

108fm82.png

Thanks for the memories, manzana!!
icon6.gif

I was nodding and bored to death with yesterday's court testimony for the most part, so this question was prolly answered during that, but I didn't hear it, if it was, so here it is:

Anybody -- Did PrePaid Legal & Legal Shield merge or did LS buy PPL, or are the two related somehow?? Thanks in advance...

Is the defenses cross the next thing when they come back from lunch?

It wasn't Katie, she is just leaving for the courthouse, but here is the pic anyway. :)

2j31mac.png
:floorlaugh:That's Katie's great uncle, in her wig, saving her spot.:floorlaugh: KIDDING! Although, with the white shirt and the straight, blonde hair, I could see why you'd think it was her. Katie has a very vibrant, young face and I don't think her mouth would turn down in a frown like that. :moo:

I know quite a few people who met their partners when they were 18 or 19 years old. And they remained with their partners for many years. I agree it's not often that it happens. In those instances I found when the couples reached milestones in their development grew together rather than apart. And I feel relatively confident that had they met later in life they still would have ended up married. They were, as it seems, soulmates destined to be together. But again I agree it's rare, especially in today's age, that couples who meet at 18 end up together forever.

I was 17 when I fell in love with the wonderful man I married. He was 19 at the time. Been together 32 years now and still very much in love.

can't get worse....OH WAIT----did I just write that!????? Think we were spoiled yesterday with Gus......:blushing:

That may be........yesterday was all firewords with old Gus and Darryl's testimonies.

IMO

I attempted to upload this awhile ago but alas - continued to experience computer problem . . . . I think I got all debugged (hopefully)

Expess concern didn't share same values, he would shoot Lisa's values down, Lisa didn't feel she could express how she really feels, TA said "being a teacher is ok if that's what you want to do with your life but I think it really sucks!"
Objection - approach

Did you talk to TA about your goal in wanting to become a teacher?
yes
He didn't support you at that time
Hurt feelings, did not feel supported by someone supposed to be loved by

TA was gone for a couple of days prior to this email?
I wrote this email when I saw him that day . . .
pg 3 2nd paragraph - Idon't know if that was right before that email but yes he had been away for 4 days - gave time to think being apart from him.

Stressed out about certain things but he didn't seem to be interested in Lisa's problems - hurt her feelings

He overreacted about a lot of things having to do with her trip . . . .don't remember what happened - the specific incidences - had car troubles, snowballed, things did not go well - he over reacted and that was not attractive to Lisa.

He did not tell Lisa that JA went on that trip but she suspected it . .. don't know if it was JA going but asked who was going with TA. . . . because TA didn't say JA was on the trip - Lisa trusted TA didn't take her- felt TA intentionally hid it from Lisa that JA was on the trip.

Lisa felt it was selfish of him to call late @ night when she wanted to sleep . . .....

lost feed

Lisa was sick of hearing about JA.
Said something inside her told her that he was seeing JA - but it was actually his roommate that told Lisa.

Lisa said if he really cared about her - he would tell JA to back off - said Lisa could not trust him anymore - relationship could go no further, don't respond, felt cheated and lied to . . . .

She felt he was not helpful toward her when she didn't feel good and tried to snuggle him and he didn't want her to

This email in Sept 2007 but finally broke up in Feb 2008 - texting, call, continued to see him - separated couple of weeks after this email . . . . not sure if they had contact in those 2 weeks - eventually he was kinda show that he cared - he wanted totalk about the things she mentioned - if they could not date anymore -he wntd to address some things she said in anger in the email . .

They started dating again in Oct (this was 1st break up),second one was late Nov or early Dec - broke up then because he wanted marriage and she did not . . .

For the first break up - shortly after he went on a trip and Lisa went somewhere - they were physically apart . . .

2nd breakup was started by Lisa -they still loved each other -

Final breakup - mid to late Feb was final break up

Noon recess until 1:25pm

I was out the door for that part. What did she say about Jodi? How did she find out about him cheating? Who told her that Jodi hung all over him? tell me EVERYTHING!:great:
A roommate of Travis' told her sister about the cheating and her sister told her.
She witnessed the hanging all over him herself.
It may sound interesting, but the pace was, let's say, a bit slow.

You're being way too nice, it was horrible. lol

these breaks are terrible, this trial will definitely go on til april at this pace. makes me miss Belvin Perry, holding court all day long 6 days a week even!

I truly hope the prosecutor goes easy on cross examination, this witness is sweet, he could turn the jury off if he's overly harsh with her IMO

He will be great with her, she was a prosecution witness but he decided not to call her b/c he was worried about all the stalking info coming in and being overturned on appeal.

FYI, I met my husband when I was 14, married at 18, had 38th anniversary in 2012. It hasn't all been peaches and cream, but it works!:seeya:

Awe. Congrats on 38 years!!! That's amazing. And that's my point it isn't always easy but it shouldn't be forced or ALWAYS filled with drama. Honestly, I don't know how couples handle constant and daily drama.

I've been with my husband for quite a few years and I can say we've had two arguments throughout our marriage. Two. That's not to say we haven't had many many "discussions" but we talk things out and don't scream at each other. And only twice have we done more than discuss an issue. For the most part our life together is filled with a lot of laughs and good times. But I'm not saying my marriage is perfect by any means (I defy anyone to find a perfect marriage). We've gotten through a lot of rough things but always together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member