The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #18 *ADULT CONTENT*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand how the jury will remember what they have heard and observed in this trial with all the time off. They should be given video discs of the trial so they can review privately if needed.

I don't understand how the jury will remember what they have heard and observed in this trial with all the time off. They should be given video discs of the trial so they can review privately if needed.

They have their notes, their recollection and each other once deliberations begin. They can also ask for read backs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking about the pics when the camera was on the ground. I think she messed up earlier when taking the bed photos. I think she had previously set the camera to take an automatic series of photos when she was taking sex/bed photos, and then she forgot she had the setting that way. Then, when she went into the shower area to distract him with more pictures prior to killing him, she forgot the setting was for auto-series. So, she thought she was only taking 1 photo at a time, dropped the camera, and stabbed him. Not realizing the camera was taking more pictures automatically while on the ground.

Just a thought I had why LE got lucky with those extra pics.

I thought the same,she had it on the autoshoot setting ,,i dont think she dropped it,she sat it down to pick up the knife

Lisa's testimony ...

So adorable when she says Travis didn't like the words "poop or fart or crap" and then tries to suppress her giggle.

My Day in Court Part 2:

So...the deputy on and off all afternoon kept coming out saying "I'm trying to find you girls two seats". And then after the break he pulled us in (just as I was talking to my friend Michael Keifer, a journalist covering this for the local paper and he was trying to get me a way to get in). We didn't sit together (ironically her name is katie!) but we both got in.

The environment in there is so freaking intense I can't tell you. I felt my anxiety level go up the minute I sat down. It is such an intense vibe in there. Saw Lisa for like one second of testimony and all the other final witnesses for the day.

I made a bunch of notes so here goes:

The size of the courtroom is like a huge ballroom you might find yourself in for a big wedding reception. I can't impress how LARGE it is. Jodi is WAY far away from the jury. I could barely see her today with my view.

The jury is attentive, many taking notes. I'm fixated on this one female juror in the front, 30 something, tri color hair, she's paying such detailed attention. I keep thinking she could be foreperson. She's WAY in to everything.

Tanisha's husband holds his arm around her waist every time she stands. Looks like he's literally holding her up. good man. He looks much younger in person than on tv.

On Jane Valez Mitchell yesterday an older female friend of Travis was on as a guest. I met her today When the younger sister Desiree 's name was called as a witness, she sharply turned around looking at the person behind her with a long long WTF type stare.

All of Travis ' family are in suits and dresses. Very dressed up.

Nurmi takes forever to get to a point.

I once again talked to their Victim Advocate and she handed me her card saying "tell them tomorow you're with me and you can get in". :great: It was after I asked her if she'd slip a card to the family for me tomorrow. Which I will do. And I will mention the WS community on my card to just so you know.

At the end of court, Juan walked up to the family, checked in with them, he said "are we good?" and they nodded. I'm glad I saw that.

I think that's it for now. I'm going back early tomorrow. I will get in for sure and can stay for the morning (have to work in the afternoon).

I'm thinking tomorrow will be a BIG day. Just a hunch.

Now gonna read some posts and CRASH. :seeya:

Excellent review. Thank you so much for keeping us WS in mind.

It is so interesting about how the reporter thinks that the judge is going to chambers too much.

One thing that is so disturbing to me that the judge is allowing so much non-important testimony from the defense witnesses that seems to have nothing to do with anything. In past trials, I have seen judges question the attorneys where this is heading to be sure they are trying to make some valid point or something. Wondering why this judge seems to be allowing so much extra non-important garbage from the defense witnesses. If you get a chance to talk with Beth or one of the pros there, maybe you can see if they even agree or if they have noticed this.

"Yes, but, reading some posts here, I am afraid that some juror will equate Travis less than perfect conduct with their own, past heartbreak and secretly find jodi at least a little bit justified.

The defense has not begun to open the door to a self defense claim but they might get a juror who never got over a past break up or who hates men and strike gold just by *advertiser censored* shaming Travis.[/QUOTE]- this is a quote from another poster.

My response.

Hm. I imagine I could be one of those people you are talking about. Except that I think everyone posting here thinks Jodi is guilty of premeditated murder.

In a couple of months I will have been married to my hubby for 40 years.

My job for a few years before I retired was working with the homeless and a lot of them were women that were in the abused woman's shelter.

I was able to learn a lot about the double standard and the shame that these women get to experience all of the time.

I will rail against this paternalistic society where lawmakers can talk about legitimate rape and the Violence Against Women Act cannot be passed.

I will not accept that a woman is a *advertiser censored* whereas the man cannot control himself. He is seduced by the jezebel. :furious:

Whoa! This is really an outstanding cross exam by Juan, and I understand why he brought up the picture when he did, but wish that had been handled in a way that was not shocking or upsetting to the family -- but this is the reality of the situation the jury is there to address. It is shocking and upsetting and startling and disgusting -- especially in contrast to the complete gentleness and normalcy displayed by Lisa.

I am clearly not a juror... but I have to say... THAT picture and that moment has stuck in my head all day. After the testimony of Lisa... to end it that way was just like... THIS is WHY we are here. It was a brilliant move. Sad for the family BUT I think the family will agree.. whatever it takes for justice!! Juan Martinez is a seasoned prosecutor. The defense is always using their papers/emails/notes as if they are following some sort of script... Juan gets up there with no notes.. no papers.. and simply does what he does best! He is GOOD!
On the other hand....
I can't help but feel some sympathy for the defense team. Knowing that Nirmi attempted to get off of this case... knowing they have nothing to work with.. knowing they have to walk into that court room day after day.. knowing what Jodi did... knowing they must defend her to the best of their ability. He may be a snake... but he is human too. He will have this trial attached around his neck for the rest of his life, whether he is an attorney or not. At least thats how I see it. Sorry if I chased a rabbit.. guess this was just weighing on my mind tonight.

Everyone is saying the had sex,,if they are talking about the nudes of ta and ja then that dont prove the had sex,,unless they have photos of that and i dont wish to see that,,the ones of ja scared me already,,ok,,what if ta slept in the nude,,ja sits on the chair next to his bed nude waiting for ta to wake ,,snaps a few photos,,ta leaves to use bathroom ,,ja snaps a few of herself,,gets dressed goes into bathroom takes shower shots,,we know the rest,,last about the gas cans,,what if she planned to poison ta then arson

My Day in Court Part 2:

So...the deputy on and off all afternoon kept coming out saying "I'm trying to find you girls two seats". And then after the break he pulled us in (just as I was talking to my friend Michael Keifer, a journalist covering this for the local paper and he was trying to get me a way to get in). We didn't sit together (ironically her name is katie!) but we both got in.

The environment in there is so freaking intense I can't tell you. I felt my anxiety level go up the minute I sat down. It is such an intense vibe in there. Saw Lisa for like one second of testimony and all the other final witnesses for the day.

The size of the courtroom is like a huge ballroom you might find yourself in for a big wedding reception. I can't impress how LARGE it is. Jodi is WAY far away from the jury. I could barely see her today with my view.

The jury is attentive, many taking notes. I'm fixated on this one female juror in the front, 30 something, tri color hair, she's paying such detailed attention. I keep thinking she could be foreperson. She's WAY in to everything.

Tanisha's husband holds his arm around her waist every time she stands. Looks like he's literally holding her up. good man. He looks much younger in person than on tv.

On Jane Valez Mitchell yesterday an older female friend of Travis was on as a guest. I met her today When the younger sister Desiree 's name was called as a witness, she sharply turned around looking at the person behind her with a long long WTF type stare.

I once again talked to their Victim Advocate and she handed me her card saying "tell them tomorow you're with me and you can get in". :great: It was after I asked her if she'd slip a card to the family for me tomorrow. Which I will do. And I will mention the WS community on my card to just so you know.

At the end of court, Juan walked up to the family, checked in with them, he said "are we good?" and they nodded. I'm glad I saw that.

I think that's it for now. I'm going back early tomorrow. I will get in for sure and can stay for the morning (have to work in the afternoon).

WONDERFUL SUMMARY!!!! THANK YOU!!! I ♥ your idea about the card - what a heartwarming thing to do!! (And btw ~ love LOVE love hearing about Juan going up and checking in with the fam! He's the best!!)

IMHO (and many will disagree with me) - I think she had the knife or gun on him while she told him to pose for photos. There's something entirely delusional about her, starting with the fact that she told the detective "Travis would never allow those photos". That told me she took photos of TA under his duress.

JMO of course.

Mel

This has certainly crossed my mind.....
But then, how long would he have been held under duress?

:gthanks: KatieKatiebieberhairedlady for being our boots on the ground!

Let us know if you happen to see ;)

34diukz.png

Thank you Katiecoolady!! It's awesome to hear all the things the camera doesn't pick up. :)

I feel like my addiction to this trial just got ratcheted up a few notches.

Good luck tomorrow!

"Yes, but, reading some posts here, I am afraid that some juror will equate Travis less than perfect conduct with their own, past heartbreak and secretly find jodi at least a little bit justified.

The defense has not begun to open the door to a self defense claim but they might get a juror who never got over a past break up or who hates men and strike gold just by *advertiser censored* shaming Travis.
-

Edited out funky quotes.... Below is my reply

I am confused. I don't recall anyone calling Jodi a *advertiser censored* or claiming Travis was incapable of controlling himself.

I believe Jodi was sexually aggressive, manipulative and wielded her sexuality as a means to get what she wanted. Only it failed, Travis didn't want to marry her.

I believe Travis was a normal man with sexual urges that he struggled with because of his faith. His biological urges won out and he paid with his life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's late and I can't remember her name (maybe Desiree Freeman?), the younger sister who went on trips with her brother and TA and JA. Anyway, I've seen some people posting that she would have been 13 years old at the time and I'm confused because she is a senior in college. So, how old is this chick?

And another thing... what the HE?? is "*advertiser censored* shaming?" I have never heard of that expression.

I loved him on loveline with Adam Corolla. He's jumped the shark so many times since then

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

He still does loveline and I heard him and his male co-host recently being smug, arrogant jerks to some, poor, uneducated guy, getting all frustrated that he didn;t understand what a word meant I wrote to the show complaining. It was sad.

I am confused.

There are the letters that were penned by Jodi showing that TA was a pedo. Wasn't she in jail when those showed up?

Wasn't Chris Hughes questioned about some emails?

To me those are totally different things.

They are two different things getting conflated here. It is confusing but the defense referenced the letters and then there was also a discussion about emails.

Maybe someone can transcribe?

Does anyone know what happened to the juror who asked a question about a witness who was questioned outside of the juries presents?

No. Good question.

Psychopaths and narcissists typically make very poor witnesses. They are very easily riled and cannot keep their lies straight. I'm not worried at all.

I am praying you are right! I have had bad experiences with them. Dealing with an opposing party right now who has fooled judges for years.

I don't know who said they were fake, but I'm assuming the State's expert whoever that might be, including possibly the FBI, said so. My point is that Nurmi wouldn't be standing up there in front of the court referencing documents in an evidentiary hearing that were previously ruled to be fake by the court OR lying about whether he had an expert report to the contrary when the court clearly would have seen the expert reports and been acutely aware of the ruling, if not having made it herself.

okay. Drilling down to the core issue of the posts about the letter. If it is a proven forgery, is the judge going to let Nurmi use it for any purpose in any context. I think she is not.

If it can be used to impeach someone at a hearing that is not part of trial, then it can be used, even if it is a forgery or inadmissible. It depends on context.

I;m going to see if I can replay that portion and then tell you the exact context. But essentially, anything, even something fake, may be used to impeach someone depending on context. But I think it went something like: "You were told by the prosecutor that jodi forged letters, correct?" "What letters?" "These right here." "No, I knew they were fake due to the way they were written and I knew they had been deemed forgeries." "Oh really? Isnt it true that you knew an expert had deemed them to be likely written by Travis?" "All I know is that they were excluded so they must have been determined to be fake. The prosecutor's office told me nothing."

My Day in Court Part 2:

Awwww such a great post! It's wonderful that you are there... sort of like you are there for ALL of us. Thanks for mentioning us to the family. Please tell them to stay strong... Justice is coming! I'm so glad to hear that Juan checked on them. I somehow knew he would. He's an amazing man. I really like him.

Thank you for the updates/goings on of today. I think I speak for ALL of us here when I say we couldnt be prouder to have YOU representing us!! You go girl!! We will be looking for you in the morning!! Sleep well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cryptocloud155