The Texts Messages: Warning! Graphic SEXUALLY EXPLICIT

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's one from 2008 where a woman stabbed her 15 year old son during a supervised visit at a psychiatrist's office:

"Police said when a nurse who was present at the meeting last weekend turned her head, Minardi took a 15-inch decorative dagger and a drywall knife out of her purse and began slashing her teen son."
http://crime.about.com/b/2008/03/31/mom-stabs-son-during-supervised-visit.htm

And here's the one I think you were talking about Gwenabob. It's from 2001:

"Police said Sharon Yvonne Weston made several failed attempts in a park on Wednesday during a supervised visit with Alexis Mariah Lopez, who had been put in foster care.
She finally succeeded, and then wheeled the body in a stroller to a nearby funeral home and told shocked mourners leaving a service that she had just killed her daughter."

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/31334_toddler14.shtml

Nothing is 100% safe but I really do think cases like these are very, very rare when considering the amount of supervised visits that take place every day in the U.S. I venture to guess that TH would be closely watched in such a situation. I doubt a monitor would drop the ball in such a high profile case. I'm sure she would have visits in an enclosed, secure facility.
I'm trying to gauge what would be best for the baby here, not TH. Does she indeed miss her mommy? Would she benefit from limited contact? Did she see something horrific such that visits may be traumatic? I don't know. I doubt it but I just don't know. I guess that's why there are hearings and why people who wants rights to their children participate, testify, subject themselves to the discovery process, child custody evaluations, depositions, etc., none of which TH is willing to participate in.
Nevertheless, the possibility of supervised visits does seem harmless for the most part and could be beneficial to Baby K. I'm interested to see what the judge will do.

BBM. I would imagine that it would do a 2-year-old more harm than good to see her mom for an hour or two at a time and then be taken away from her again. That is very disruptive, IMO, and confusing for a toddler to understand and I can't imagine a judge would put her through that. Better to keep her in her presumably stable environment and if/when Terri is deemed fit to see her on an on-going, regular basis, then they can re-introduce her to her mommy. It's sad, but I do think it is in the best interest of K.

If Terri is convicted in the Kyron case, Kaine will have ground to have her parental rights to Kxxxx terminated:

Or. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 419B.502
The rights of the parent or parents may be terminated if the court finds that the parent or parents are unfit by reason of a single or recurrent incident of extreme conduct toward any child. In such case, no efforts need to be made by available social agencies to help the parent adjust the conduct in order to make it possible for the child or ward to safely return home within a reasonable amount of time. In determining extreme conduct, the court shall consider the following:

Conduct by the parent to attempt, solicit, or conspire to cause the death of any child;

My wish (but not my belief) is that if and when a criminal case is filed, it will be so full of solid physical evidence that things such as frame of mind and prior "bad acts" won't be much of a factor.

I am wondering if TH is brought to trial and found guilty, what the situation would be.

Would Kaine be required to bring Kiara to prison to visit?

I think that Terri should submit to the evaluations and then someone can decide.

But I do wonder what it would mean that a relationship would be reestablished and then may be would be taken away if there is a conviction.

If there is a conviction, I just can't see Kaine being willing to drive the baby to prison to visit her mother.

Is there some kind of service that would do such a thing?

I wonder about this, too. I wonder if a court can even order and enforce visitation for a convict if there is another parent with physical custody involved. I've never really thought about it before, but if a judge tried to make *me* go to a prison on a regular basis, much less take my child there, I think I'd be taking it up to the SCOTUS. I don't think I should be forced to go to a prison against my will, just because my child's other parent did something that landed himself there. I also think children shouldn't be exposed to that institution, either, but the system apparently doesn't see it that way.

From reading, it seems that some kind of social worker is typically involved. So I assume that's how it works. Kind of like supervised visitation. Probably, on the dime of the innocent parent, once again.

On behalf of the enormously talented professional performing artists Madonna and Lady Gaga, I object to such comparisons. :D

May I, instead, offer up the former NY Governor as a possible substitute example for you? ;)

. . . The sexting goes to character, sexual proclivities, judgement, and emotional maturity issues, perhaps. However, the sexting is just not damnable evidence. Just because someone has an out-of-the-ordinary-smarmy sex life does not a murderer make (Eliott *cough*cough* Spitzer). :angel:

In conclusion it will be interesting to have more context on Terri's sexting in general. Because :yes: , as with so many things, context is everything.

The sexting "might" be damning as evidence ~ we don't even know what they have in writing from Terri. So I disagree with you there.

It also depends on your definition of "damning evidence." It depends on what "favors" she was trying to procure from the sexting activity. It depends on why she was sending those pictures.

A jury is going to be judgmental towards a woman of her age with three children. That's just human nature, no matter how feely-wheely we try to be about how sexting is okay.

Indeed, I could have mentioned any number of men: Spitzer, Tiger Woods, the Gov. of SC, etc. It is easy to point at men and call them sex addicts, adulterers, or just scumbags. If Terri was male I think that's what we'd be saying without hesitation.

But those men are not involved in a missing child case, either. And in spite of fame, they still have to answer to someone for their actions if they want to settle their divorces, gain any kind of custody, or get visitation.

Terri isn't even willing to do that, apparently. :banghead:

My previous post was about well-known women who share traits with TH, but who also aren't involved in a missing child case.

There's nothing technically wrong with being an exhibitionist since some famous people - like Lady Gaga and Madonna (both of whom I like, actually) are also exhibitionists or even Narcissists themselves, and they would both probably laugh and agree with me. There are plenty of men who fit that profile also - Arnold Schwarzenegger and others.

And body-building is rather a self-absorbed occupation, but there's nothing inherently wrong with it. Not everyone's cup of tea, but plenty of ordinary people gain self-esteem working out in the gym.

But TH also complained about Kaine at the gym, and possibly tried to kidnap her daughter from the gym. Kaine said she was also leaving her in day care at the gym for hours at a time.

And worse, Terri insisted that she took Baby K to the gym on the day Kyron disappeared in spite of an ear infection. Her. Own. Words.

So all that will be looked at by a judge. Add the sexting to that, and you get one self-absorbed woman who thought she was a "Hot Mama" and everyone wanted her. Um . . . yeah.

Nothing wrong with that, except she seems deluded and won't talk to a psychiatrist about it.

We have to look at the big picture, the way a jury will.

You know it isn't the sexts because they are sexts. In my opinion her carrying on this way in a time when Kyron was barely missing three weeks goes to her self absorbed/manipulator side.

What bothers me more is we know that the texts were similar to messages (we don't know in what form) to the Landscaper. And the Landscaper it is alleged was asked to kill Kaine.

Was sexual manipulation also used to get an accomplice to make Kyron disappear? And was that only one phase of the plan?

What else might have happened? Could the second phase have been that Terri would snatch Kiarra and run? But maybe time ran out or things did not go as expected for Terri?

And then we have M. Cook. An attempt at a very fast sexual manipulation of him. We know it worked to some degree. He took photos of the RO, he mapped out the location of Kaine's new addy. Was she working him, so that he would snatch baby K for her?

This isn't just about the sexting, but rather the way Terri has shown she uses it as a tool to get men to do things for her. It also shows that at a time when she should have been worried about what LE was doing in their investigation of her, she had an invincible feeling that she could outsmart them.

I believe when you piece all of these events together it does show that Terri can be a very dangerous woman and is capable and willing to use her sexual prowess to break the law and commit horrible acts.

You know it isn't the sexts because they are sexts. In my opinion her carrying on this way in a time when Kyron was barely missing three weeks goes to her self absorbed/manipulator side.

What bothers me more is we know that the texts were similar to messages (we don't know in what form) to the Landscaper. And the Landscaper it is alleged was asked to kill Kaine.

Was sexual manipulation also used to get an accomplice to make Kyron disappear? And was that only one phase of the plan?

What else might have happened? Could the second phase have been that Terri would snatch Kiarra and run? But maybe time ran out or things did not go as expected for Terri? . . . snip

Great post, Grandmaj! It really makes me wonder!!!

But I do think what Emma said makes sense; if she sends dirty texts and photos to every man she "likes' including the LS, then they kind of lose meaning and shock value...

If those are the only two men she ever sent these types of messages to and she wanted something else besides sex or a flirtation from both, then it is very relevant.

LOL, guys, I'm not calling anyone prudish or uptight. I'm simply voicing a different perspective, and a different way that I see these sexts. If you actually think I'm calling you all uptight, I'm sorry...but I'm really not.

I wrote out a long response, but I don't think it would matter. Oh well...just know that I am not calling anyone prudish or uptight or whatever. I'm just seeing things a tad differently, that's all.

Best-
Herding Cats

For me, the sexting is an issue unto itself because most people were raised to understand that we just don't do certain things. Not if we respect other people, and certainly not if we respect ourselves. As many posters have mentioned, many of us received education at our mothers' knees to be careful of what we write, because it's possible that once something gets out, it will never go away. Here in Washinton State, there's a new news story practically every week about how someone has lost a good job over something he or she posted on the Intenet--and sometimes the controversial thing was posted years and years ago. Supposedly TH wanted to go back to teaching. Teaching?! With not just one or two sext message floating around out in the ethers--but hundreds? Say now that they never figure out happened to Kyron and TH is never charged. What are the chances that anyone's ever going to hire her to do any teaching? If the school officials don't object to the history of sexting, I'm sure plenty of parents will come forward with something to say about it.

If I had any single piece of written material out in the world with that kind of smut in the content, I wouldn't be able to leave the house. My face would be buring for years to come ... I wouldn't be able to look my family or friends in the eye. And my professional contacts? I couldn't even leave the house to face them.

And yet here we have a woman who is either too stupid to understand what she has done to herself--or too arrogant to care. So to me, the sext messages do have meaning over and above the inappropriate timing.

I know it is an unpopular view, but I will believe in the murder for hire business when Terri is charged for it. I am not going to assume it is a fact until LE comes out and says so in public. Of course they would have to warn Kaine if the LS told them this, as they would be remiss not to. He then could and did take actions he felt to be appropriate. But that does not make the whole thing true.

As far as the sexting, I don't think it proves anything as far as Kyron goes. I am still going to wait for evidence of a particular crime.
The only reason I think there must be something to the MFH plot is because it is clearly coming from LE. They are not saying anything about anything publicly as we all know, but there is little doubt that they told kaine of the plot. I don't think that is even being disputed is it?

Now whether LE is correct and are operating on good information, I don't know. but to take it to the father so he can get an RO and get the baby out of there is pretty compelling,imo.

I concur that there is no physical or direct evidence that ties these texts straight to Kyron. however,the vast majority of cases are built upon circumstantial evidence and this behavior would probably be considered with a complete psych evaluation at some point, imo. As I have posted previously, if her texts painted her as a nurturing,loving woman at the time of this crisis,that would go along way for her defense and I would consider that equally as important.

I just get to a point, as I have with other cases, that when we start spending a lot of time explaining away oddities associated with the target of an investigation, that there is most likely a reason so much needs to be explained away.

totally OT, but thinking about little K and my own kiddos, and doing all the Halloween stuff got me thinking about whether she's trick or treating, and also that poor Ky is not :furious:

What else might have happened? Could the second phase have been that Terri would snatch Kiarra and run? But maybe time ran out or things did not go as expected for Terri?

And then we have M. Cook. An attempt at a very fast sexual manipulation of him. We know it worked to some degree. He took photos of the RO, he mapped out the location of Kaine's new addy. Was she working him, so that he would snatch baby K for her?

This isn't just about the sexting, but rather the way Terri has shown she uses it as a tool to get men to do things for her. It also shows that at a time when she should have been worried about what LE was doing in their investigation of her, she had an invincible feeling that she could outsmart them.

I believe when you piece all of these events together it does show that Terri can be a very dangerous woman and is capable and willing to use her sexual prowess to break the law and commit horrible acts.

Well said! Also, we shouldn't forget it was only 4 days after Kaine took their beloved daughter with him; that she so desperately wants visitation with. Something is way-OFF here, given the circumstances given the whole circumstances, no normal person would be talking the way they were and so casually. Even if you take out the rest and she was just talking about cooking together, 4 days later...the topic would be Kyron and her daughter right? Talking about recipes and cooking together would not have entered the pictured.

Maybe things are looked at differently among the gym crowd. Maybe that is considered "sexy confident" with her crowd and it doesn't translate among the general flabby public.

Or, maybe she watched "Annie Get Your Gun" one too many times and memorized "Anything you can do, I can do better, I can do anything better than you!"
that was funny...but spot on, lol...

For me, the sexting is an issue unto itself because most people were raised to understand that we just don't do certain things. Not if we respect other people, and certainly not if we respect ourselves. As many posters have mentioned, many of us received education at our mothers' knees to be careful of what we write, because it's possible that once something gets out, it will never go away. Here in Washinton State, there's a new news story practically every week about how someone has lost a good job over something he or she posted on the Intenet--and sometimes the controversial thing was posted years and years ago. Supposedly TH wanted to go back to teaching. Teaching?! With not just one or two sext message floating around out in the ethers--but hundreds? Say now that they never figure out happened to Kyron and TH is never charged. What are the chances that anyone's ever going to hire her to do any teaching? If the school officials don't object to the history of sexting, I'm sure plenty of parents will come forward with something to say about it.

If I had any single piece of written material out in the world with that kind of smut in the content, I wouldn't be able to leave the house. My face would be buring for years to come ... I wouldn't be able to look my family or friends in the eye. And my professional contacts? I couldn't even leave the house to face them.

And yet here we have a woman who is either too stupid to understand what she has done to herself--or too arrogant to care. So to me, the sext messages do have meaning over and above the inappropriate timing.
I'd be ashamed too, but some people are different & don't care. It's like the bad girl from high school, who bragged about her conquests. Some people are just wired differently. Comparing this woman to people I've known, I think she probably likes that people are reading her stupid texts...makes her feel sexy & desirable, lol. & the sad thing? is that there are plenty of men out there who prefer this type of woman.

wouldn't there be a little of the niggling doubt with the MFH as a possibility though if you were a man? Especially if she is as strong as she claims to be?

I agree that she apparently doesn't care who reads this smut and is possibly getting a little buzz from this kind of attention. To me, this suggests something beyond a personality flaw and more on the order of a mental illness. Because, if she does remain free, she is eventually going to have to build a new life. What kind of life can that possibly be? Because this is going to follow her around everywhere and forever--and it will have a lot to do with what she can or can't do from here on. You have to wonder whether this has sunk in with her!

It just strikes me that there's something seriously wrong with a person who either can't hear all those doors slamming shut--or believes that it won't matter because she will always come out on top one way or another. Moo moo moo!

I agree that she apparently doesn't care who reads this smut and is possibly getting a little buzz from this kind of attention. To me, this suggests something beyond a personality flaw and more on the order of a mental illness. Because, if she does remain free, she is eventually going to have to build a new life. What kind of life can that possibly be? Because this is going to follow her around everywhere and forever--and it will have a lot to do with what she can or can't do from here on. You have to wonder whether this has sunk in with her!

It just strikes me that there's something seriously wrong with a person who either can't hear all those doors slamming shut--or believes that it won't matter because she will always come out on top one way or another. Moo moo moo!

Exactly ~ magical thinking and delusions. :twocents:

LOL, guys, I'm not calling anyone prudish or uptight. I'm simply voicing a different perspective, and a different way that I see these sexts. If you actually think I'm calling you all uptight, I'm sorry...but I'm really not.

I wrote out a long response, but I don't think it would matter. Oh well...just know that I am not calling anyone prudish or uptight or whatever. I'm just seeing things a tad differently, that's all.

Best-
Herding Cats
always enjoy hearing your take on things HC. Always some good food for thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic