The "Totally Off Topic" Thread Part 2.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jilly, :laugh: :laugh: Ms. CPR Queen!

Someone sent me a video clip of Jay Leno's show where he's meeting a lady with Arkansas who is a CPR Queen, just like you!

It just happens to be that Mary saved the life of a $2.30 chicken! Yes indeedy, she did CPR on the chicken who had drowned in a pond. Did the breaths first, wasn't responding well, so she even did chest compressions! (Wonder if it's the same as on humans, LOL)

Jay asked her if she had ever done CPR before - she said years ago on a man, and he died!

It was pretty funny, she even talked about putting the chicken in a box and warming it up slowly with a hair dryer - she called it ICU; Jay took that and ran that ICU in Arkansas is a big box and hair dryer.

Guess you had to see it to appreciate it, but just wanted you to know I thought of you when they were talking to this lady about her CPR skills.

Hugs,
DD

HEY!!!! This is really neat! Thanks for passing this along. I don't know if I'd want to put my mouth on a beak!!:eek: :chicken: lol. This is amazing! I love the hairdryer! Oh God....now you've given me an idea for the birds that fly into my patio window!!:p I used the rush them down to the SPCA when the kids were little because I didn't want them to think I was heartless! lol NO MORE SPCA for me...or bird!! LOL

You have your certificate don't you? I guess you'd do the same as what you'd do for a baby? -the two finger compressions? I wish I'd seen the show. Thanks very much for telling me about it.

Off topic - Have you or anybody else heard from Scandi lately?

HEY!!!! This is really neat! Thanks for passing this along. I don't know if I'd want to put my mouth on a beak!!:eek: :chicken: lol. This is amazing! I love the hairdryer! Oh God....now you've given me an idea for the birds that fly into my patio window!!:p I used the rush them down to the SPCA when the kids were little because I didn't want them to think I was heartless! lol NO MORE SPCA for me...or bird!! LOL

You have your certificate don't you? I guess you'd do the same as what you'd do for a baby? -the two finger compressions? I wish I'd seen the show. Thanks very much for telling me about it.

Off topic - Have you or anybody else heard from Scandi lately?

Hey! Check it out, it's 11:16pm my time, and I'M STILL HERE!

No, no Scandi! Hmmmmmmm

No Sami either, or PolkSalad Annie. I still remember it's all PSA's "fault" that I started reading about Michelle's case. Wish all 3 would stop by and check in!

Glad you appreciated the chicken CPR story. Aren't you proud that I thought of you, LOL? Yes, I guess treating the chicken would be best handled like a baby. I didn't share the part about how she was talking about the problem with giving rescue breaths, as I guess (???yuck) the chicken has a very large tongue, and it kept getting in the way - ha! ewwwww

Hey! Check it out, it's 11:16pm my time, and I'M STILL HERE!

No, no Scandi! Hmmmmmmm

No Sami either, or PolkSalad Annie. I still remember it's all PSA's "fault" that I started reading about Michelle's case. Wish all 3 would stop by and check in!

Glad you appreciated the chicken CPR story. Aren't you proud that I thought of you, LOL? Yes, I guess treating the chicken would be best handled like a baby. I didn't share the part about how she was talking about the problem with giving rescue breaths, as I guess (???yuck) the chicken has a very large tongue, and it kept getting in the way - ha! ewwwww

Ewwwwwwwwww! You should give a warning.....I was happily reading along and then!! OmG.... :sick: hahahahaha!
I didn't even know about their tongues! This is sooooo funny! I was thinking you'd do it like with a baby and put your mouth over the whole works.

My goodness....you are up late again!! The old caffeine (as in Hersheys) having an effect again? lol

Nope. Haven't seen Sami. She must be busy with work and I know PSA is because she's in the middle of her broadway production in Dubai. I'm going to pm Scandi.

there you are. I thought you were mad at me :hand:

Where's your gal...and you...this weekend?

Should I be mad at you ? I can't think of any reason - okay spill the beans, what have you done ? :D

Nashville - yesterday was two - two hour practices and qualifying. The girl was second fastest in practice and qualified 7th. I don't understand why she does not qualify better - she's got the speed. I'm thinking she chokes in qualifying - qualifying is harder on the nerves than the race. All four of the AGR cars are in the top 10 so...we'll see.

Race tonight at 6:30 your time - I have been told it is on ESPN

Should I be mad at you ? I can't think of any reason - okay spill the beans, what have you done ? :D

Nashville - yesterday was two - two hour practices and qualifying. The girl was second fastest in practice and qualified 7th. I don't understand why she does not qualify better - she's got the speed. I'm thinking she chokes in qualifying - qualifying is harder on the nerves than the race. All four of the AGR cars are in the top 10 so...we'll see.

Race tonight at 6:30 your time - I have been told it is on ESPN

You need to go have a pep talk with your gal. Give her some "Charlie Confidence" or something.

Okay, I'll try to peek at the race - Mr DD will probably roll his eyes, but he had a wild night at the fire station last night, so I have a feeling he'll be napping a lot off and on today, so I can remove that remote from his clenches :cool:

P.S. Nope, I ain't done nuttin' :innocent: you should know that by now!

You need to go have a pep talk with your gal. Give her some "Charlie Confidence" or something.

Okay, I'll try to peek at the race - Mr DD will probably roll his eyes, but he had a wild night at the fire station last night, so I have a feeling he'll be napping a lot off and on today, so I can remove that remote from his clenches :cool:

P.S. Nope, I ain't done nuttin' :innocent: you should know that by now!

I know, you are totally innocent, all the time...:snooty:

You want me to try and have a conversation with this:
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/raisincharlie/danicanash.jpg

I don't think so:D

Oooooh, it's one of "those looks!!!" ;)

I give you credit for not messing with that! :silenced:

Okay, what's the story behind that look she's giving you? What did YOU do?

I didn't take that picture - she aint looking at me. When her car doesn't work right or she messes up - anyone's existence is a reason for that look. :D I don't take very many pictures of her DD - except on track - car and driver.

I didn't take that picture - she aint looking at me. When her car doesn't work right or she messes up - anyone's existence is a reason for that look. :D I don't take very many pictures of her DD - except on track - car and driver.

I actually figured that probably wasn't your pic, but I just kinda liked the thought of you being on the receiving end of "the look" since we know you've been trained in "the look." ;)

:laugh:

I actually figured that probably wasn't your pic, but I just kinda liked the thought of you being on the receiving end of "the look" since we know you've been trained in "the look." ;)

Can't you just see the foot tapping right along with that look ?

Indeed I have experience with the look. Thats okay, I have a few looks of my own.:crazy:

:laugh:

Can't you just see the foot tapping right along with that look ?

Indeed I have experience with the look. Thats okay, I have a few looks of my own.:crazy:

Well, Jilly and I remember the day when we found out what a "looker" you are ;) ....but I want to see some of your looks you can give! Come on, share....:dance:

Well, Jilly and I remember the day when we found out what a "looker" you are ;) ....but I want to see some of your looks you can give! Come on, share....:dance:

Ahhhhh, a bit of baiting going on here?:D You must be talking about my 'duck look'?:p The look I give which I don't even know I'm doing!:eek: Got any of those??? I think they come with aging!:banghead:

Nope. Nope. Sorry - this will have to remain a family secret - for family members only to poke fun at! lol.

Ahhhhh, a bit of baiting going on here?:D You must be talking about my 'duck look'?:p The look I give which I don't even know I'm doing!:eek: Got any of those??? I think they come with aging!:banghead:

Nope. Nope. Sorry - this will have to remain a family secret - for family members only to poke fun at! lol.

I'm trying to picture a "duck look." :confused:
Mornin' gal, oh, it's afternoon now. Mr DD fell asleep in the chair next to me. I don't want to get up as it might wake him up...so someone needs to keep me entertained here, LOL.

And I reallyyyyyy need to get up and start marinating my shrimp in an Asian grilling marinade......what to do, what to do..........

I'm trying to picture a "duck look." :confused:
Mornin' gal, oh, it's afternoon now. Mr DD fell asleep in the chair next to me. I don't want to get up as it might wake him up...so someone needs to keep me entertained here, LOL.

And I reallyyyyyy need to get up and start marinating my shrimp in an Asian grilling marinade......what to do, what to do..........

It's not a pretty look so you'll just have to imagine. haha!

Mmmmm. The shrimp sounds great! I love all shellfish except for oysters.

I'm on and off this computer today. Darling daughter is moving out today - her and her girlfriend got a beautiful apt down by the seawall so I'm helping out! So a little bit :dance: and :( today.

It's not a pretty look so you'll just have to imagine. haha!

Mmmmm. The shrimp sounds great! I love all shellfish except for oysters.

I'm on and off this computer today. Darling daughter is moving out today - her and her girlfriend got a beautiful apt down by the seawall so I'm helping out! So a little bit :dance: and :( today.

It's a new recipe to me, so I'm experimenting. If Mr DD and I survive after eating it tonight, I'll let you know whether it's a keeper or not.

I totally understand your feelings about your daughter. My son lives about 15 miles from me in an apt (not a beautiful one, as you said your daughter's is,LOL)...and I am fine with that. He's close enough if needed, but actually I rarely go over there for any reason. But I do go out of my way on the weekends to shop where he works, so I can actually see him, LOL.

It's a new recipe to me, so I'm experimenting. If Mr DD and I survive after eating it tonight, I'll let you know whether it's a keeper or not.

I totally understand your feelings about your daughter. My son lives about 15 miles from me in an apt (not a beautiful one, as you said your daughter's is,LOL)...and I am fine with that. He's close enough if needed, but actually I rarely go over there for any reason. But I do go out of my way on the weekends to shop where he works, so I can actually see him, LOL.

I doubt I'll be going to my daughter's much either. Not my thing. She has 2 jobs for the summer and will be going back to school in Sept., so she's busy. We're only 20 min away from the college so I think she'll be dropping in here alot.

You're lucky your son is close. I was the one who talked my son into going away to a university in the East. I thought it would be good for him and I was right! hehe. BUT when I put him on the plane the first time I never dreamed I would hardly see him again. What with school and summer jobs, I only get to see him at Christmas. This year was a bonus of course.:dance:

Now he's furthering his education in the East. I was hoping he'd do his masters in the West but now he has a girlfriend there!:eek:

I doubt I'll be going to my daughter's much either. Not my thing. She has 2 jobs for the summer and will be going back to school in Sept., so she's busy. We're only 20 min away from the college so I think she'll be dropping in here alot.

You're lucky your son is close. I was the one who talked my son into going away to a university in the East. I thought it would be good for him and I was right! hehe. BUT when I put him on the plane the first time I never dreamed I would hardly see him again. What with school and summer jobs, I only get to see him at Christmas. This year was a bonus of course.:dance:

Now he's furthering his education in the East. I was hoping he'd do his masters in the West but now he has a girlfriend there!:eek:

Ahhhh, but look how good your son did! :dance:
I talk to my son every few days, and it seems like more lately.
I really lucked out. We moved here when he was a soph in HS - that is really rough on a boy. He's quiet as it is; I know he strugged at his new school for awhile, but never ever complained. I was actually wishing he would, as I hate the idea that he was hurting and keeping it all inside. By senior year, he was doing JUST fine, LOL, but all he talked about was moving back to CA right after graduating. And that he did, one month later. He was a die-hard CA boy in every sense of the word.

But! He flew back here 3 months later for his sister's birthday, was supposed to be a 2 week visit. He was having so much fun with his TX gang, that we extended it to 3 weeks. In that 3 weeks, he decided to move BACK to Texas. You just don't know how huge of a shock that was. :dance: Worked for me, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scomo