The "Totally Off Topic" Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
strach304 said:
Yah! Welcome back PSA :dance: We missed you, hope you had a great time and holiday :blowkiss:

You're just in time for the birth of Sami's new grandchild.

Heyyy! Hi strach... missed you too, lol! What's with ZERO news on Michelle's case? I saw the artcile quoting Linda Fisher's faith in LE ... I was hoping he'd be inside a cold room over the festive season. Guess that was not to be!

THANKS for the warm "dance" .... actually missed being here, y'know. It's been 3 weeks !! :eek: withdrawal symptoms set in, heh heh. Yes, London was (literally) "cool" - on all sides of that descriptor! Rrrreally cool.

Had lots of work when I returned - dared not come here else I'd have procrastinated - next thing Christmas was upon us - so much going on. It's work, work, work from here on in .... will def stop-by for snack-time! How about we design a lil Pit-Stop in Sami's wonderful Off Topic thread? A great lil bistro where we can come here and have a bite and natter .... might call it The Jury's Inn (lol) .... and to launch the cyber-cafe - I'm serving slices of jilly's pie and butterscotch coffee (Yumble-Bee - that's a GREAT combo....)

Service is up...

Thanks again strach... :)

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Awwwww .... charlie: you're made of Good Stuff, friend. Thanks for your support. I even had a pm from a valued poster singing your praises for keeping the spirits up around here and keeping the home fires burning while "nuttin" was going on, newswise!

What a gem you are! :)

As for the email? Yeah, may be poor quality stuff that I received such twaddle .. but what may be even sadder is that the sender had to be conniving and remain anonymous (outside cashmere sweaters and sofas, y'know?) and take an underhand 'stab'. Anyway, that address has been blacklisted on my puter - so no more, lol! No need to report it... the mods surely have far bigger issues to deal with!

I only gave my email addy to specific people here. Hmmmmm..... LOL!

By the way, charlie-boy, seems like I landed from Mars as I have absolutely *NO* idea what XBox Live - Forza is! LOLLLLL! :waitasec: Sounds like a new reality automobile TV show, or sumptink! (X-rated stuff???? )

but y
our ide
a of 2 muc
h coffee h
as me laffin :D
I tried to keep it rolling PSA - but no one can do that half as well as you! Trust me - everyone here kept it rolling ! I hope you had a great time while you were away and that the holiday season was good for you and your husband! (Sounds like London was rather nasty during your visit). So glad you are back, now Strach doesn't have to kill me - you'll keep me in line I'm sure!:cool:

XBox is a video game player. It is internet compatible so that one can go on line and play against others from all over - its great. Forza is an auto racing video game - all kinds of cars to choose from (including my beloved Ferrari's) and all racing classes except open wheel formula cars (i.e. IRL, F1, etc) over a variety of race courses. It is fun, and it doesn't hurt when one crashes !

Bee & Close: this is for you ... :blowkiss:

Still reading up - charlie's been a stellar poster here, eh?

Sami - don't forget the details on your babe ...

What did y'all get in Santa's stocking? My hubble brought me fab incense, a silver chunky bangle and some wonderful light books - great jokes in one of them - have to share with y'all at snack-time here: You'll love some of 'em, charlie!

----------------------------------------

On a serious note: the tributes to your Pres Ford have been most moving these last few days; I sure learnt a lot from the coverage. It's been enlightening to see a man forgive the way he did. Perhaps the continual message of his forgiveness at such a difficult time back then - and how that pardon served a higher purpose - may sink into the hearts of those that strive not to forgive. Maybe .... maybe 2007 will deliver a new message of hope, peace, prayer, unity and hard hearts may think about what's happening to God's mankind.

Anyways, I'm not really qualified to opine on your own leaders, past or present, but underneath the sorrow of this man's passing I (personally) felt a greater message. A message ALL countries could use.

And on that note .... God Bless all of you, all that's special to you and may 2007 bring greater understanding to us all!

There we go ... the tough stuff to write came out ..... NEXT! :)

:behindbar

^

That's me!

Ugh!!! Behind bars, charlie. Just tried that XBox website - it's banned here :( .

Oh well - I can always pretend, lol ...

Later - going back to read-up mode, lolllllll! (Where's close??? On holiday??? Cm'back, close.... )

Well, you finally stopped frolicking over there in London town and took pity on your fellow sleuthies back here. It's about time sweet Miss Polk!! I have missed you.
RaisinCharlie, Samiya and close have been keeping everyone
up to date and factual with the case. The only real news is that Michelle's Mom, Linda Fisher gave a short interview. It's linked. Settle in now doll, I will get in touch with you. Again, welcome home!
:blowkiss:

you're baaaaaaack!.....good grief, you've been missed girl!

....sounds like you had a wonderful holiday...incense, chunky bangle, & books...weeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

just settling in here w/my coffee this morning....have felt a little under the weather...nothing real bad, just some kind of chest/throat/ear thang, ugh....i'm SOOOOO glad you're back :blowkiss:
:dance:

huh-oh, close.....keep your germs to yourself. The 'crud' is making it's way around my office for the 3rd time this season. Hope you feel better.

curious1 said:
huh-oh, close.....keep your germs to yourself. The 'crud' is making it's way around my office for the 3rd time this season. Hope you feel better.

lol, thanks....& yes "crud" is the perfect word for this....nasty stuff for sure..

Has anyone heard from Sami yet ?

Hoping all is well Sami - and maybe you are finally just getting some sleep !:)

raisincharlie said:
Has anyone heard from Sami yet ?

Hoping all is well Sami - and maybe you are finally just getting some sleep !:)

nope, nothing here.....lol, to be honest, i can't keep up with when she's normally here ....

close_enough said:
nope, nothing here.....lol, to be honest, i can't keep up with when she's normally here ....
Sami was on baby watch yesterday - at hospital.

PolkSaladAnnie said:
What did y'all get in Santa's stocking? My hubble brought me fab incense, a silver chunky bangle and some wonderful light books - great jokes in one of them - have to share with y'all at snack-time here: You'll love some of 'em, charlie!

----------------------------------------

On a serious note: the tributes to your Pres Ford have been most moving these last few days; I sure learnt a lot from the coverage. It's been enlightening to see a man forgive the way he did. Perhaps the continual message of his forgiveness at such a difficult time back then - and how that pardon served a higher purpose - may sink into the hearts of those that strive not to forgive.

Morning Annie!:)

My favorite gift from Santa (although it couldn't fit in my stocking :crazy: ) was a Kitchen Aid counter oven. I have always wanted a second oven - you know so I can cook my pies :D souflles and whatever on Christmas Day while the Turkey is in the oven!

About Pres Ford, I didn't watch that much coverage but I did see one interview with a reporter who had in turn interviewed Ford many years ago. The reporter asked Ford why he had pardoned Nixon and Ford just smiled and pulled a piece of paper from his wallet. It showed a very old Supreme Crt case which said that for someone to receive a pardon is an admission of guilt. I found that interesting.

close_enough said:
you're baaaaaaack!.....good grief, you've been missed girl!

....sounds like you had a wonderful holiday...incense, chunky bangle, & books...weeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

just settling in here w/my coffee this morning....have felt a little under the weather...nothing real bad, just some kind of chest/throat/ear thang, ugh....i'm SOOOOO glad you're back :blowkiss:
:dance:

Morning Close!:) Lots of Vit C and Echinecea!! I've been trying to ward off this thing too. I'm thanking my lucky stars we declined an invitation for a last minute New Year's party. I could hear the host in the background hacking and I talked to him yesterday and could hardly understand him because he's so sick. My Dad had it for Christmas (he's out of town) so I'm dodging this thing left and right!

Feel better soon! :blowkiss:

jilly said:
Morning Close!:) Lots of Vit C and Echinecea!! I've been trying to ward off this thing too. I'm thanking my lucky stars we declined an invitation for a last minute New Year's party. I could hear the host in the background hacking and I talked to him yesterday and could hardly understand him because he's so sick. My Dad had it for Christmas (he's out of town) so I'm dodging this thing left and right!

Feel better soon! :blowkiss:

thanks jilly:)

i broke down & called my Dr to see if there's anything he can call in to the drugstore....i'm just taking Tylenol & Mucinex & it's not doing much at all...it might just be something that has to 'run it's course'.....i figure the Dr will call me back afterwhile & let me know, either way....

A hot off the 'press' exclusive for my friends here :)

lol, ok hot off my mobile phone! I'm here for a short while so will be doing some quick reading, lol.

http://chloeeve.blogspot.com/

Thanks everyone for all your kind words and best wishes and and and.....just give me my Oscar will ya! :dance:

Love and hugs
Sami
*advertiser censored*

lol, had to change our kind words to Your kind words.

Samiya said:

lol, ok hot off my mobile phone! I'm here for a short while so will be doing some quick reading, lol.

Thanks everyone for all our kind words and best wishes and and and.....just give me my Oscar will ya! :dance:

Love and hugs
Sami
*advertiser censored*
Congratulations Sami !!!

Good news, beautiful baby and her name Chloe - awesome !
Thanks for the update:) :) :)

Samiya said:

Thanks everyone for all our kind words and best wishes and and and.....just give me my Oscar will ya! :dance:

Love and hugs
Sami
*advertiser censored*

Ohhhhh Sami!!!!!:woohoo: Chloe is absolutely gorgeous!!! I mean it! Sooo very precious!!!

Congratulations Grandma!!! :clap: and to your daughter & son-in-law!!! :clap: :clap:

Oh Close, sorry you're under the weather Sweetie. Good advice here so far on what to do for it. The Mucinex though, just don't picture in your mind those fat green mucus bugs when you take it! Baa Haa Haa Haa :D

Here's a little toast of Cranberry juice to send wishes for you being back to normal real quick! :blowkiss: Scandi

Aww, Sami she is just beautiful :) Since you're the GMA you get to spoil her and do all the fun stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member