The "Totally Off Topic" Thread

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse me for butting in, but just got home from Bailey, Co., where Emily Keyes was one of the girls taken hostage and shot not long ago.

Here's a link for that:

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_4404879

We went to a Colorado State Square Dancing Meeting. The BarnGod and I are State representatives for this. It was a beautiful trip and if I knew what the mountain passes were light in daylight, I would have been hanging on for dear life. We found a wonderful little lodge for two nights and a great restaurant for some fabulous meals, straight out of New Orleans. It snowed again, the 6th weekend in a row now out here. It was great to get away for a while and see the Rockies. We did have a young lady help us with chores while we left. We could even get cell coverage while up there. I took pictures and will have to download to a site, so I can put them here.

My purpose in posting this, is just getting my new notebook set up. Had to wait until I got home to get my wireless hooked up. It appears to work with no problems.

I will now get into the case and see what's new.

Hey Charlie, we priced Timothy grass in that little mountain town and it's going for 10.50 per small square bales. We made a deal for a semi-load of oats for $90 per large round bale. Our snow hasn't melted one little bit, so we need to feed until Spring it appears. That load will be 23 bales at least.

I'm posting this as a test of my new Dell Latitude notebook.

Glad to be back home, but did enjoy the glorious Rockies. Spent the night at 9600 feet above sea level.

Oohhhh, BarnGoddess, I'm so jealous! It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Glad to see you back!

Scandi,

Please check your PM mailbox - it tells me you are filled up ! :)

I love having a Totally Off Topic thread...but why is it placed under Michelle Young's case thread?! Maybe a mod could move it to another place where it can be found easily. It is a great idea tho!

SeriouslySearching said:
I love having a Totally Off Topic thread...but why is it placed under Michelle Young's case thread?! Maybe a mod could move it to another place where it can be found easily. It is a great idea tho!
It was placed here so posters who frequent this forum can go OT with each other rather than trying to chase each other through all the other topics say in the Jury Room. Easy access and tends to keep the threads dealing with the case fairly clean of OT stuff - basically some of us are too lazy to hunt :crazy:

raisincharlie said:
It was placed here so posters who frequent this forum can go OT with each other rather than trying to chase each other through all the other topics say in the Jury Room. Easy access and tends to keep the threads dealing with the case fairly clean of OT stuff - basically some of us are too lazy to hunt :crazy:

I think every forum should have an o/t thread. This was a great idea! Thank you Sami!! They should try it at CTV! :crazy:

we might very well get some snow tonight & early morning :woohoo:

been kinda busy....went & picked up my new contacts & turned in a prescription for new glasses...they were suppose to be back this Friday, but they came in early....i love having contacts again!!!!...can't wait to get the new glasses...they should be back sometime early next week.....

had Lily (great niece) for a couple of hours this morning...started a big supper this afternoon, & everyone is chowing down right now, lol....

praying for snow here tonight :angel:

Oh, I wish I was at your house tonight Close. That would be so much fun. Sit by a fire with a fellow Websleuther, watch the snow drift down and have a nice homemade dinner. Sounds like a little bit of heaven.

Scandi

BarnGoddess said:
Excuse me for butting in, but just got home from Bailey, Co., where Emily Keyes was one of the girls taken hostage and shot not long ago.

Here's a link for that:

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_4404879

We went to a Colorado State Square Dancing Meeting. The BarnGod and I are State representatives for this. It was a beautiful trip and if I knew what the mountain passes were light in daylight, I would have been hanging on for dear life. We found a wonderful little lodge for two nights and a great restaurant for some fabulous meals, straight out of New Orleans. It snowed again, the 6th weekend in a row now out here. It was great to get away for a while and see the Rockies. We did have a young lady help us with chores while we left. We could even get cell coverage while up there. I took pictures and will have to download to a site, so I can put them here.

My purpose in posting this, is just getting my new notebook set up. Had to wait until I got home to get my wireless hooked up. It appears to work with no problems.

I will now get into the case and see what's new.

Hey Charlie, we priced Timothy grass in that little mountain town and it's going for 10.50 per small square bales. We made a deal for a semi-load of oats for $90 per large round bale. Our snow hasn't melted one little bit, so we need to feed until Spring it appears. That load will be 23 bales at least.

I'm posting this as a test of my new Dell Latitude notebook.

Glad to be back home, but did enjoy the glorious Rockies. Spent the night at 9600 feet above sea level.

I think I need to find a BarnGod!
:D :D I'm ready Freddie YaYa
Scandi

scandi said:
Oh, I wish I was at your house tonight Close. That would be so much fun. Sit by a fire with a fellow Websleuther, watch the snow drift down and have a nice homemade dinner. Sounds like a little bit of heaven.

Scandi

wish you were here too Scandi....we have no fireplace though...wish we did...suppose to start snowing in the next couple of hours :woohoo:

close_enough said:
we didn't get a thing yesterday, as far as snow, but it's sure comin down right now :eek:

it's so pretty!!! :woohoo:
You're getting snow NOW??? I thought it was gone! I hope it's not coming this way, but it probably is. We have had NO SCHOOL in a week except for one day. This is getting real old - I think the kid is as tired of me and I am him! It snowed here yesterday all day long, but the sun came out and the dusting we got was gone in 15 minutes. If it has to be this cold, it could at least snow and be pretty! I would like to have one really good snow so we could tube down the hill and then I want it to be spring!!!

Ok...that was my daily rant - guess I better turn the tv on in case they let out again.

Panthera,

Yes, she has a name - Tahnee. She is 3 years old and is part Cherokee. We have decided that great effort will be expended to insure that her native american heritage is known, available and instilled to the best that we are able. We are lucky in that there are Cherokee tribes and centers not far from here, well, over in Oklahoma but that is not far. The excitement here grows everyday, will be signing the final papers and filing them next Tuesday so hopefully, not long now.

j2mirish - I'm not sure how controlled I can be - no experience with little girls just boys and I have been pretty demanding of them in many ways. Will be a huge learning experience for me. I'm going to have to fall in line and follow my wife's lead on this one for sure. :D

raisincharlie said:
Panthera,

Yes, she has a name - Tahnee. She is 3 years old and is part Cherokee. We have decided that great effort will be expended to insure that her native american heritage is known, available and instilled to the best that we are able. We are lucky in that there are Cherokee tribes and centers not far from here, well, over in Oklahoma but that is not far. The excitement here grows everyday, will be signing the final papers and filing them next Tuesday so hopefully, not long now.

j2mirish - I'm not sure how controlled I can be - no experience with little girls just boys and I have been pretty demanding of them in many ways. Will be a huge learning experience for me. I'm going to have to fall in line and follow my wife's lead on this one for sure. :D

you will love her to death....then ask yourself why did we have to have a girl !!!!!!!!!!!! a little girl is harder to demand things from, then they get an attitude....but then they say....." daddy ".......and it is all over :D

j2mirish said:
you will love her to death....then ask yourself why did we have to have a girl !!!!!!!!!!!! a little girl is harder to demand things from, then they get an attitude....but then they say....." daddy ".......and it is all over :D
Yeah, well the "sweet sixteen" thing already has me worried.....:o

raisincharlie said:
Yeah, well the "sweet sixteen" thing already has me worried.....:o
hahahahah===== our kids are both asking about what car they are gonna get--- son thinks a hummer would be good- dd thinks a bmw.........hahahahahahahah= we told them they will be lucky to get a cake !
and we meant it- !

j2mirish said:
hahahahah===== our kids are both asking about what car they are gonna get--- son thinks a hummer would be good- dd thinks a bmw.........hahahahahahahah= we told them they will be lucky to get a cake !
and we meant it- !
Well, I've got one boy that is thinking he will be getting a car before long, he has found out he has to shovel the horse puckey first and then he has to pay for it himself ! Don't think he wants a cake after that...:D

raisincharlie said:
Well, I've got one boy that is thinking he will be getting a car before long, he has found out he has to shovel the horse puckey first and then he has to pay for it himself ! Don't think he wants a cake after that...:D
bet your little girl gets one !!! :crazy: ( wont even have to shovel )

j2mirish said:
bet your little girl gets one !!! :crazy: ( wont even have to shovel )
I'm researching the go karts every day ! Got posters of Danica for her room, diecast Indy cars, and the crowning jewel - a special edition of Michael Schumacher's F248 Ferrari RC car waiting...:innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member