The "Totally Off Topic" Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
raisincharlie said:
I'm researching the go karts every day ! Got posters of Danica for her room, diecast Indy cars, and the crowning jewel - a special edition of Michael Schumacher's F248 Ferrari RC car waiting...:innocent:
and....she's not even home yet!!! whats gonna happen when you and wife have your hot little paws on her ???--- the sky will be the limit for this little girl, and she wont even have to ask for it-( just like the ferrari waiting for her :crazy: )-- how very precious rc....I am so excited for you and your wife and son-( ps--- I think Danica is pretty hot too !! )

raisincharlie said:
I'm researching the go karts every day ! Got posters of Danica for her room, diecast Indy cars, and the crowning jewel - a special edition of Michael Schumacher's F248 Ferrari RC car waiting...:innocent:

lol, that's funny.... :p

how exciting!!!

WHERE IS POLK???.....

up w/hot coffee here...26 degrees out...will have my great niece for a couple of hours this morning..she'll be here around 10:30..i have to be 'on my toes' for her, lol.....
sure wish we'd get some news on this case...

close_enough said:
WHERE IS POLK???.....

up w/hot coffee here...26 degrees out...will have my great niece for a couple of hours this morning..she'll be here around 10:30..i have to be 'on my toes' for her, lol.....
sure wish we'd get some news on this case...
I hope Polk is okay - I miss her smiling way with words - wish she would return or at least check in and let us know she is okay.

Me Too! I know she has a great big new project and she's probably wrapped up in it. There is a poster at CTV, Surfside6, and every time I read one of her posts I think of Polk and all her spirit. :)

I just sent an email to Polk. I have been worried too!

raisincharlie said:
Sami,

If you want to see some top of the line cars and the new F2007 Ferrari F1 - head to Melborne on March 3 - the Ferrari festival begins. Like fast cars - they are on the way - have you figured out teleportation yet - I would really really like to see that F2007...

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21176835-2862,00.html
Charlie, I want to know what your connection to racing is. Can you give me a synopsis? Every time I hear about you going to Florida for a race reminds me of my "racing" experience.

I was Controller for Braman BMW back in Miami and the sales managers told me I need to go to "track school" with them in Sebring. I thought it was some kind of sales school that I need to know about. Well, we got up in the morning and went to breakfast. There were a whole bunch of good looking men in shorts and shirts that said "Skip Barber Racing School". They proceeded to diagram a curve and talk about apexes of curves. We then went out to the track and had demonstrations of driving. We then got into Beemers and drove obstacle courses and braked on slicks, the introduction of anti-lock brakes. We then got to go with drivers one on one on the track. All my guys thought that the best instructor there was in an automatic, so they passed him up. Big goof on their part. I got to drive 10 times with a 5 speed with Vic Elwood, a Grand Prix champion. I learned so much about driving. I actually got up to 150+ mph and learned to take those curves safely. I had a ball. This was BMW driving school. BMW of America used Skip Barber as instructors. One of the highlights of my life. I still have the picture of Vic and myself on the track. I also have the video I took.

Please post if you hear from our Polk. I am worried sick about her, as she would never just forget us. She is the genuine deal. YaYa

scandi said:
Me Too! I know she has a great big new project and she's probably wrapped up in it. There is a poster at CTV, Surfside6, and every time I read one of her posts I think of Polk and all her spirit. :)
Me too, Scandi! :rolleyes:

raisincharlie said:
Sami,

If you want to see some top of the line cars and the new F2007 Ferrari F1 - head to Melborne on March 3 - the Ferrari festival begins. Like fast cars - they are on the way - have you figured out teleportation yet - I would really really like to see that F2007...

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21176835-2862,00.html
I'll see if I can send my brother in law with a camera :)

Off to send him an email!

Hugs
Sami

BarnGoddess said:
Charlie, I want to know what your connection to racing is. Can you give me a synopsis? Every time I hear about you going to Florida for a race reminds me of my "racing" experience.

I was Controller for Braman BMW back in Miami and the sales managers told me I need to go to "track school" with them in Sebring. I thought it was some kind of sales school that I need to know about. Well, we got up in the morning and went to breakfast. There were a whole bunch of good looking men in shorts and shirts that said "Skip Barber Racing School". They proceeded to diagram a curve and talk about apexes of curves. We then went out to the track and had demonstrations of driving. We then got into Beemers and drove obstacle courses and braked on slicks, the introduction of anti-lock brakes. We then got to go with drivers one on one on the track. All my guys thought that the best instructor there was in an automatic, so they passed him up. Big goof on their part. I got to drive 10 times with a 5 speed with Vic Elwood, a Grand Prix champion. I learned so much about driving. I actually got up to 150+ mph and learned to take those curves safely. I had a ball. This was BMW driving school. BMW of America used Skip Barber as instructors. One of the highlights of my life. I still have the picture of Vic and myself on the track. I also have the video I took.
BarnGoddess,

My only connection with racing is a very big love for speed and open wheel racing in particular. Not into the tin tops except for the DP cars and the Rolex series (ALMS). My favorites are, in order, Formula 1, IRL, Champ Car - I really like the formula cars. One of our long time clients is a doctor who is on the Delphi Safety Team which follows the IRL. I'm lucky in that he has his own plane and flies to each race - I go with him for most every IRL race and the open tests and help pay for avgas and gate fees, in return I get credentialed in which allows me into the garages and pits. Indy 2005 was my introduction to Danica Patrick, which given what she accomplished at Indy absolutely sold me on her as a driver- one of the best qualifying runs I've seen!

Skip Barber is still at Sebring as well as Daytona, Laguna Seca and Homestead. They do offer open wheel formula cars now and differing instructional packages from basics up to advanced car control. BMW still has an association with Skip Barber and still runs around at Sebring. You can also buy extra laps for free drive. To keep the draw up, quest instructors are used from time to time. When I go to Germany for my yearly training/teaching - my Ferrari goes with and it is A1 autobahn time - when not riding horses, training or teaching, I'm driving the prancing pony as fast as possible! Long story short - no connection - lots of wishes ! Probably missed my calling...:D

Samiya said:
I'll see if I can send my brother in law with a camera :)

Off to send him an email!

Hugs
Sami
Luv - you need a break - The Australian GP at Melborne is 38 days, 13 hours, and about 15 minutes from now - take a break and watch the most technologically advanced cars in the world run ! No Michael Schumacher now so I am saying lots of prayers for my Ferrari's.

:dance:

raisincharlie said:
Luv - you need a break - The Australian GP at Melborne is 38 days, 13 hours, and about 15 minutes from now - take a break and watch the most technologically advanced cars in the world run ! No Michael Schumacher now so I am saying lots of prayers for my Ferrari's.

:dance:
How about a picture of that Ferrari of yours rc? Come on, make me jealous.

pack_fan said:
How about a picture of that Ferrari of yours rc? Come on, make me jealous.
Its the same as this one except mine is Ferrari red (I don't like red but its a Ferrari what can you do?). I'm working on a photobucket thing so I can put up my pictures with Ms. Patrick and my racing adventure to include an off-road excursion - in the mean time enjoy

The car-1999 F355

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1663790109814723120

well, i got a response from her & she sends her love to "all" here.....not much else to the email though.......so she's alive, thank goodness!! & she'll be back when she can i'm sure.....

close_enough said:
well, i got a response from her & she sends her love to "all" here.....not much else to the email though.......so she's alive, thank goodness!! & she'll be back when she can i'm sure.....
Thanks for sharing Close - glad she is okay !

close_enough said:

Oh Good! Thanks for letting us know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member