The VERDICT! He's....GUILTY!!!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching Mr. Schori's interview today it is obvious that he was genuinely uncomfortable around Drew Peterson early on. Because that in-home counseling session he described was BEFORE SP told him about Kathleen's murder.

Imagine how he must have feared for the welfare of both himself and his family once Stacy went missing and Drew was still on the streets. I am assuming he immediately went to investigators and told them what Stacy had shared about Kathleen's death.

He's a brave man.

I had no faith in the jury and just realized that's a new thing for me. It must be due to the Anthony trial.

I'd also like to thank this jury for restoring our faith in the justice system! :cheer:

I feel the same way Kimster. I was gearing myself up for a very big letdown. I'm so glad that the ending was much better. Now, I would really like for the Bollingbrook LE and the *advertiser censored*. State Attorney have to explain why they stood by and did nothing to save this young mother begging for help :maddening:. I also want Drew charged in Stacy's death. He needs to be held accountable for her murder too.

On the question of asking the judge to clarify what "unanimous" meant, the jury foreman wouldn't give an answer beyond, "we just asked to make sure." A couple reporters probed him but he just repeated himself and didn't explain any further. Perhaps they are kind of embarassed at having to ask, I don't know.

My thoughts on that question is that the definition itself helped turn the one holdout to vote for "guilty". I think that knowing that their one vote was going to let a murderer loose probably swayed them past their doubts.

What a wonderful presser that was! This jury did use their common sense and came to some of the same conclusions that we did hear on so many issues. What a refreshing change from last year!

I listened to the defense team talking about Drew's Law and how it would factor in an appeal. Funny, Judge White explained more than once on IS today that prior to the trial, the law was all but gutted out of existance by another case in which the Supreme Court of Illinois relied upon and made official policy the common law (can't think of the term right now) that allows hearsay when the defendant is accused of killing the witness to make them unavailable to testify in person.

I doubt that it's going to work in an appeal! They know that, but they are trying to influence public opinion concerning any appeal.

I wonder if, during the break on IS, they were asked about the blue towel? I was looking forward to their thoughts on it... Also, I was actually glad they said they needed both Schori and Smith's testimony in order to have voted guilty. That without Smith's they would've voted not guilty... I just really take satisfaction in that, because now Brodsky knows for darn sure he sunk his client!!! After all the cruel, dishonest, womanizing remarks Brodsky and dp made on their superstar press tour over the years, I think it's about time karma caught up... I love, love karma!

All jmo.

I wonder if, during the break on IS, if they were asked about the blue towel? I was looking forward to their thoughts on it... Also, I was actually glad they said they needed both Shori and Smith's testimony in order to have voted guilty. That without Smith's they would've voted not guilty... I just really take satisfaction in that, because now Brodsky knows for darn sure he sunk his client!!! After all the cruel, dishonest, womanizing remarks Brodsky and dp made on their superstar press tour over the years, I think it's about time karma caught up... I love, love karma!

All jmo.

Thanks.
Excellent post.
Couldn't agree more.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

I'd love to hear the jury's thoughts on things they didn't know about but were common knowledge to the public. Are they shocked that Stacy's conversation with the pastor happened just two days before she went missing? What do they think about the DT all acting like arrogant asses outside the courtroom every day?

I'd love to hear the jury's thoughts on things they didn't know about but were common knowledge to the public. Are they shocked that Stacy's conversation with the pastor happened just two days before she went missing? What do they think about the DT all acting like arrogant asses outside the courtroom every day?

Well, I know this is not what you were asking, but I like the fact that Lopez rubbed them the wrong way during closing arguments:

Jurors overall praised Peterson’s defense attorneys, but they were rubbed the wrong way in one instance.

They weren’t impressed with defense attorney Joseph Lopez’s use of cartoon images and other visuals during his PowerPoint closing argument, including showing a cartoon of a grinning purple Cheshire cat when he referred to Smith, who smiled frequently during his court appearance.

“That was very demeaning to us jurors,” Teresa Mathews said. ”That was not necessary

Well, I know this is not what you were asking, but I like the fact that Lopez rubbed them the wrong way during closing arguments:

Jurors overall praised Peterson’s defense attorneys, but they were rubbed the wrong way in one instance.

They weren’t impressed with defense attorney Joseph Lopez’s use of cartoon images and other visuals during his PowerPoint closing argument, including showing a cartoon of a grinning purple Cheshire cat when he referred to Smith, who smiled frequently during his court appearance.

“That was very demeaning to us jurors,” Teresa Mathews said. ”That was not necessary

That was a real stupid move and a miscalculation on the part of Lopez. It would not have been a big deal if he had just referred to Smith as 'cheshire cat like.' But he actually put the picture of a big cat on the overhead projector and even used that correlation as his closing insult in his closing statement. lol So he rubbed the jury the wrong way, and then he doubled down on it and ended with it as the closing image. Way to Go LOpez.

ETA:

Which was even stupider when you consider that Smith's testimony turned the case in the states favor. So Lopez highlighted that witness unnecessarily. Both Lopez and Brodsky stepped in it. :dance::dance:

Did anyone happen to catch Tim Miller on HLN at the start of the 6pm EST hour? (I believe it's called Evening Express) They had Stacy Peterson across the bottom of the screen but I missed whatever was said about her and just heard the end where Clark Howard asked why Tim is so passionate about helping families find missing loved ones and he shared the story of his daughter Laura.

That was a real stupid move and a miscalculation on the part of Lopez. It would not have been a big deal if he had just referred to Smith as 'cheshire cat like.' But he actually put the picture of a big cat on the overhead projector and even used that correlation as his closing insult in his closing statement. lol So he rubbed the jury the wrong way, and then he doubled down on it and ended with it as the closing image. Way to Go LOpez.

ETA:

Which was even stupider when you consider that Smith's testimony turned the case in the states favor. So Lopez highlighted that witness unnecessarily. Both Lopez and Brodsky stepped in it. :dance::dance:

They treated this trial (in many instances anyway) like a comedy skit. I'm sorry, but this was a murder trial and to think this was a good way to go for the defense, well, they found out it was not.

In many cases where the evidence has not given the jury a sure way to vote, they will swing towards the team they liked and who they felt did a better job. They blew it:twocents:

OMG it freaks me out to know how close he was to being found not guilty.

To know if the defense had not called Smith they would have voted NG is frightening.

I am so glad that Brodsky made the biggest blunder of the century...just think if he had not done this we would all be sitting here in shock again like we were last year when another NG verdict came back and shocked our senses.

IMO

OMG it freaks me out to know how close he was to being found not guilty.

To know if the defense had not called Smith they would have voted NG is frightening.

I am so glad that Brodsky made the biggest blunder of the century...just think if he had not done this we would all be sitting here in shock again like we were last year when another NG verdict came back and shocked our senses.

IMO

I still think Schori's testimony (SP'S words) would have been enough. Bringing Smith to the stand was just the final nail in the old coffin.

Does anyone know if the jury was asked why they wanted the cell records and if it played a big role in their verdict?

I still think Schori's testimony (SP'S words) would have been enough. Bringing Smith to the stand was just the final nail in the old coffin.

Does anyone know if the jury was asked why they wanted the cell records and if it played a big role in their verdict?

I did not hear them say anything about this today

Wow, I never knew until today that both the meeting with clergyman Schori at Starbucks and the phone conversation with attorney Smith took place only DAYS before SP disappeared!

There's areally good interview with Attorney Smith here:
http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/justi...p-the-drew-peterson-trial/?playlist_id=163706

And Neil Schori will appear on Justice with Judge Jeanine tomorrow evening (Saturday) at 9:00PM EDT on Fox.

Attorney Smith says he called State Police (wisely, not Bollingbrook PD) as soon as he heard the news that SP had disappeared. So imagine, police get TWO calls, one from an attorney and one from a clergyman both telling them the same thing about DP.

Question: Now that DP is convicted, is there any State agency who has the authority to initiate an investigation of the Bollingbrook PD actions/inactions in this case? I would think the residents of the area would want to know who was in charge.

Thank you all for still being here!!! I am going to go read the cnn blog that was so kindly posted for the presser. I am impressed with the Will 12 already, but knowing that there was no "price" to have them speak really helped!

Kimster! I am with you!!! I had lost hope and was afraid of what the verdict would be, but these 12 jurors have given me back some faith!!!! :)

Drew Drew Drew, You have been touched!!!! Heehee!!!

Wow, I never knew until today that both the meeting with clergyman Schori at Starbucks and the phone conversation with attorney Smith took place only DAYS before SP disappeared!

There's areally good interview with Attorney Smith here:http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/justi...p-the-drew-peterson-trial/?playlist_id=163706

And Neil Schori will appear on Justice with Judge Jeanine tomorrow evening (Saturday) at 9:00PM EDT on Fox.

Attorney Smith says he called State Police (wisely, not Bollingbrook PD) as soon as he heard the news that SP had disappeared. So imagine, police get TWO calls, one from an attorney and one from a clergyman both telling them the same thing about DP.

Question: Now that DP is convicted, is there any State agency who has the authority to initiate an investigation of the Bollingbrook PD actions/inactions in this case? I would think the residents of the area would want to know who was in charge.

BBM

Not sure exactly who will investigate (Internal Affair's)(Law Enforcement Review Agency (LERA) or some other (SIU-Special Investigations Unit) but I firmly believe Bollingbrook PD will be indeed be investigated...

That was an interesting interview with "the shark" from the defence team...he states that "DP is a trained police office and this man has testified hundreds of times in courtrooms":what:

The guilty verdict will now open the doors to investigate every single case DP was involved with...

jmo

Feelings about Stacy: they hope it's looked in to. All 12 agreed from the getgo that it was HOMICIDe

Just as I thought. They got past step one very quickly, and the one juror needed convincing DP was the perpetrator.

I commend them!

:bowdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members