DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CW and Boz.

COOPER19.NE.050511.ASRA.embedded.prod_affiliate.156.JPG

Great photo gallery here.

http://media2.newsobserver.com/smed...NE.050511.ASR.embedded.prod_affiliate.156.jpg

This is the evil that looked Nancy right in her eyes as she was slowly dying. <shudder> If looks could kill, the jury and the ADAs would be dead by one <modsnip>.

COOPER.08.NE.050511.ASR.embedded.prod_affiliate.156.jpg

Great picture.

I saw him give that look on the live feed. Was he looking at the jury, prosecution, who?

Scary sheesh.

I hope he wins his appeal, the verdict gets dismissed and he gets another trial. It was a major travesty of justice. I think rejoicing for this is rejoicing for more freedoms lost.

Oh yes, there is rejoicing for freedom lost.

Everyone is different (Brad is surely different), but showing zero emotion if you were wrongly convicted of murder?
Not even a look back to his supporting parents as he was lead out. Hmmm.

Verdicts always make me sad. No one ever wins, closure is a figment of one's imagination. On the other side, I am glad that the jury listened, thought through things and were able to reach a verdict based on their abilities to wade through the smoke and mist and just rely on their honest common sense.

1 st degree murder, in my opinion Brad deserved no less. From my perspective, strangulation defines the very word intent. 4 minutes, time to change your mind, time to become reasonable, time to get help, time to think of your children and the repurcussions of your inability to be a good person. There are two little girls who will never have the warmth, love, touch, smell, or words of their Mum, nor of their father because of his actions. Undeniablly selfish and self serving actions, over what, money. Two little girls are priceless Mr. Cooper. I can think of nothing more appropriate than life in prison without parole for Mr. Cooper.

I am naive quite often, and so I beg an answer to this question: In North Carolina law, is LWOP really & truly a life sentence with no parole? TIA.

It could be you or one of yours that is in a court room without evidence next where the judge is so biased. Where police destroying evidence is excused. I perfer the freedoms our Consitution gave us over old boy justice. I feel like we just took a major step backwards.

Not me Danielle.
I will NEVER murder my wife.

Everyone is different (Brad is surely different), but showing zero emotion if you were wrongly convicted of murder?

It was so amazing to notice that he never looked at his parents. Heartbreaking for his parents for sure but again today it was all about Brad!

I am naive quite often, and so I beg an answer to this question: In North Carolina law, is LWOP really & truly a life sentence with no parole? TIA.

It typically is. I think that it locks you down to nothing but appeals, IIRC.

I have a hard time with that as well. I would have to be subdued hannibal lecter-style if I was innocent.

That was very weird to me. His mom testified that when she heard on the news that he was going to be arrested, she went downstairs to give him a hug. Today there was no attempt to even make eye contact. It's not like they can visit him every weekend while he's in prison unless they plan to move to North Carolina. I really did not get that total disconnect between himself and his parents.

This is truly a sad day. Two husbands convicted of murdering their wives. One also of murdering his family. Whatever happens in someone's life that this is their answer? Truly a very sad day.

I am not familiar with NC law. If someone knows could you explain the appeal process, at least the initial steps.

In Cali anyone convicted of Murder in the 1st Degree with a death sentence gets an automatic review by the CA Supreme Court. This takes from 8-11 years.

Does NC grant an automatic review or appeal for life sentences? If so, what is the approximate waiting period for the appeal or review?

Are their different types of appeals?

Just wondering, if anyone knows or has time.

I am not familiar with NC law. If someone knows could you explain the appeal process, at least the initial steps.

In Cali anyone convicted of Murder in the 1st Degree with a death sentence gets an automatic review by the CA Supreme Court. This takes from 8-11 years.

Does NC grant an automatic review or appeal for life sentences? If so, what is the approximate waiting period for the appeal or review?

Are their different types of appeals?

Just wondering, if anyone knows or has time.

I think it is automatic in every state for death penalty. In NC, LWOP is not an automatic appeal and appeals are not granted easily. Michael Peterson tried and was unsuccessful.

I weep at the grave injustice to Nancy Cooper, perpetrated by Brad.

And although he is behind bars, BC still has his life... he can read books, write letters, watch TV, play basketball, laugh, see the sun & feel its warmth, go to sleep while listening to the rain, see a morning with a dusting of snow, take a hot shower, see his parents, read a newspaper, have a candy bar, eat a plate of spaghetti, have a bowl of ice cream, wish his father a Happy Birthday, tell a joke, and just live. He still has breath.

Nancy's last act was to fight for hers and he even stole that from her -- her very breath.

It typically is. I think that it locks you down to nothing but appeals, IIRC.

Actually in NC, it always is.
Life w/o parole for 1st degree murder.

Did you notice Cummings had to educate the judge on that fact?

I think Brad was feeling that rage once again. He focused in on the target of that rage today: the jury, the ADAs, possibly even the Rentz family. That was not a look of sadness, nor of regret. That was sheer anger.

Think about this: the judge, the jury, the spectators in the courtroom...all showed more emotion for the victim, as well as the sad fate of the defendant, than the defendant ever did. The judge choking up affected me; he cannot enjoy having to sentence someone to LWOP.

What a total travesty of justice.

I can honestly say that I am embarassed today, by our legal justice system. I am. There was no legality in this case. I have no trust in our police department in this town. Between the judge's prejudice and biasness; the lack of ANY proven evidence; and the fact that BC was sent to jail for the remainder of his life based on pure lies and gossip is dumbfounding.

<modsnip> I hope this case goes to appeal with the truth finally coming out and disclosing all of the lies and acts of corruption that surfaced throughout incredibly biased trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carmenbellaxx