The Verdict is In - post your thoughts here

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem that I have with the importance of the google map search is that it is one small act that had nothing to do with the actual murder. What if he hadn't looked at that spot in google maps on his computer? He still would have killed Nancy but would he be a free man now except for that one mistake? I am curious to find out what the jury focused on if they ever decide to speak out. I found him to be guilty based on the evidence presented before the google map was ever mentioned.

I agree with you...but it did clinch that it was a first degree murder for me!!

Oh...i will have to go and read about Vincent Tabak I had been somewhat following the case as I was in England when it all happened and it was in all over the news. Glad you mentioned it here!!

Pleasure! I was huge into that on a great little "boutique" UK forum ... and also here a while, tho the NG's decided PSA was cramping their style! LOL. But ... confessed! Been gr8 postng with you here, too, gbay. See you around Websleuths ....:seeya:

OK. OUT with it, cody! Fess up ... WHO paid you to be so darn nice & decent; fair & level headed? Posters like you are few and far between, IMO ... :crazy:

Yep - and everyone deserves love and should not be denied warm arms to hold them. BC and NC were extreme poles apart: love elsewhere was clearly a thing on both of their horizons. HE ... put an end to his own future loving ... by strangling the love out of NC.

How very ironic that the thing he craved was also taken by his own hands. A little bit of Paris was to be his Paradise, perhaps? Well, I'll betcha Miss. Paris is fearfully rushing back up those "cobbled streets" around Eiffel Tower that Scotty described to AF in his equally FAKED CALLS!

The gaul of these types of men! Ugh!

I am still waiting on the wine as my reward for being nice. :great: Seriously, I see both sides on this case. I was not as emotionally invested as many of you, so I think I could be more neutral. I am still trying to figure out how these two got together in the first place. I guess we will never know. The image of Miss Paris rushing back up the cobbled streets is too much. :floorlaugh:

Pleasure! I was huge into that on a great little "boutique" UK forum ... and also here a while, tho the NG's decided PSA was cramping their style! LOL. But ... confessed! Been gr8 postng with you here, too, gbay. See you around Websleuths ....:seeya:

I can't believe he confessed...but so glad he did!!

This trial was the first that I really involved myself with. I have read others but didn't post. It is really a time consuming habit!! My attic is a mess, the yard is begging for attention and I was avoiding phone calls!! I went for a long walk yesterday at 3:15 p.m. and missed everything. As I read everyones comments and watched the videos I was just sobbing...I guess I was very emotionally involved in the case. I have to say I was so very impressed with all of Nancy's family. They displayed such social grace in all the interviews!!
It has been a pleasure interacting with all of you!! Thank you

I am still waiting on the wine as my reward for being nice. :great: Seriously, I see both sides on this case. I was not as emotionally invested as many of you, so I think I could be more neutral. I am still trying to figure out how these two got together in the first place. I guess we will never know. The image of Miss Paris rushing back up the cobbled streets is too much. :floorlaugh:

LOL, cody! Deal. The wine will be flowing in Jason Young trial. It's a couple weeks away yet. Great posters in there, cody. JTF & raisin charlie served instant info and facts on the tap of the keyboard! Encyclopedia-minds. There'll be new faces, new places, a few new defenders (ouch) and familiar old tones. Just can't wait to see that man receive his just desserts, too. What a vile little plan he cooked up! Every time I see a re-run of Grey's Anatomy I think of Michelle and her friends that last night having a "night of it" .... Oh man. Gheeesh!

I can't believe he confessed...but so glad he did!!

This trial was the first that I really involved myself with. I have read others but didn't post. It is really a time consuming habit!! My attic is a mess, the yard is begging for attention and I was avoiding phone calls!! I went for a long walk yesterday at 3:15 p.m. and missed everything. As I read everyones comments and watched the videos I was just sobbing...I guess I was very emotionally involved in the case. I have to say I was so very impressed with all of Nancy's family. They displayed such social grace in all the interviews!!
It has been a pleasure interacting with all of you!! Thank you

And my pool went dark green :) Serious, the pool people were here earlier to help me fix it - we all been there, done that, lol.

Don't stray too far, gbay! Join the Michelle Young forum ... a few folk from here will hang their hats up in there! Take care ...

This is such a great group of people - I think I am staying around for the Young trial.

Thoughtful, insightful and respectful discourse. Intellect and emotion. The whole shebang.

I can't even read WRAL's drivel - it's S-C-A-R-Y if those people are representative of the people you see on the street - I am STAYING HOME more..

See ya at the next one!

LOL, cody! Deal. The wine will be flowing in Jason Young trial. It's a couple weeks away yet. Great posters in there, cody. JTF & raisin charlie served instant info and facts on the tap of the keyboard! Encyclopedia-minds. There'll be new faces, new places, a few new defenders (ouch) and familiar old tones. Just can't wait to see that man receive his just desserts, too. What a vile little plan he cooked up! Every time I see a re-run of Grey's Anatomy I think of Michelle and her friends that last night having a "night of it" .... Oh man. Gheeesh!

Hi Annie!:smooch:

Me too! Even when I see a commercial for the show, I think of her.

This is such a great group of people - I think I am staying around for the Young trial.

Thoughtful, insightful and respectful discourse. Intellect and emotion. The whole shebang.

I can't even read WRAL's drivel - it's S-C-A-R-Y if those people are representative of the people you see on the street - I am STAYING HOME more..

See ya at the next one!

Good grief, I have never seen such dark sides of people--those posting elsewhere. It really is quite scary. At least the folk on here--even the BII people--for the most part were likeable. I am finding myself all of this morning thinking about Nancy's dad and what a tremendous man he is.
I am so very glad this trial is over. I have been reading through some of the old JY posts on here. Can't find a current link, PSA posted something pretty recently on an old link. If there is a current link, please somebody post. Navigating on WS can be challenging.

I hear you RaleighNC....that GOLO board was scary.
Hard to believe those people actually reside in the Raleigh/Cary area.

Guilty or not, I have to say that there were some aspects of the judicial process that concern me. The phone tampering was without doubt a serious error on behalf of the investigators. There is no question that it happened, that it is suspicious, and that the information was withheld from defense until long after it happened. I also have concerns about the "secret" methods used by the FBI expert, and the fact that the defense was prevented from presenting a witness to testify regarding the computer forensics. Personally, if I was on trial for something, and I was faced with the above two factors, I would be very concerned. I did perceive the judge to have a bias favoring the prosecution.

When the jury sent a note asking for things to go faster, we wondered what it meant. Today, I think it meant that they had made up their minds and were not at all interested in hearing defense arguments. I also see that as a problem.

I think it's going to take a bit to decompress. I glanced at the clock this morning at 9:20 and for a moment thought "Oh, it's almost 9:30, I need to get to the computer!" Anybody else do that today?

A funny thing happened at Scouts tonight. ( 5/5/2011 between 7 and 7:45 PM) We had a fun festival with jump houses, ball throw, slides, tug o war. My son was wandering around, and finally I called him to me. He said a boy gave him something and walked away and he could not find him. My son looked the whole time for him and he could not find him. The little boy gave him a clear rock with a silver angel in it. My son was in tears because he could not find the boy. I told him not to worry and that it might have been an angel saying thank you! True story.

the boy said to my son, "hold my place".
That rings a bell here!!!!!!!
I never knew Nancy, but I stood here for her!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!

I was here at W/S, not out of interest in trials, not because I love to debate, not for thanks or recognition. I was here because I could not stand the continued abuse IMO through Social Media. I survived DV! I know what it looks like, and the internet does not hide the intent when bashing a victim. "especially aggressive, biting, snapping, gnarling, distorting, hateful, victim bashing defense in Social Media" :loser::loser::loser:. Whether this comment will stand the test of time, we will see. (apologies in advance to moderators if I stepped out of line snip snip snip if necessary) however, since the judge mentioned Social Media, I venture this far. Thank you.

Gave the "Angel Rock" to the Scout Master, and if no one comes forward and sings "I'm a little teapot" with all the hand motions, which is what must happen to claim found items in our pack (LOL)! the angel rock will come back to my son, who looked at me with smiling eyes this morning and said, "Mom, you might just get a late Mother's day present from me if we get the angel rock back."

Well otto, "phone tampering" was obviously viewed by the jury as an honest mistake.
I saw no obvious bias in favor of the state by the judge. Having said that, it did appear he did not care too much for Kurtz personally, but I saw no rulings that were unfair.

This judge was obviously very emotional and you could plainly see that at the end. Not only was he choked up, he forgot that 1st degree murder carried an automatic life w/o parole and had to be reminded by Mr Cummings. I think he just got lost in the moment.

I'll never believe the google search MADE his decision or HELPED him decide where to put Nancy's body - I believe he made that decision long before in a car or on a run or on a bike ride and the google search the day before was just a "souvenir" type action - salivating in anticipation of exactly what would transpire in just a few short hours. I think he looked up that spot again for one purpose only and that was to "live it out" in his mind where he would finally put her lifeless deadly silent body - where she would finally have a face full of dirt and nothing - absolutely nothing - she could say or do to cause him any more trouble or expense. That search and zooming in was a trophy for him - and nothing more. MOO.

Good, good point, Less -- the only thing I would add is that he may have wanted to refresh his memory of the place, after having been there a few months (?) prior; or, if he was planning on making the trip at night, or just before dawn -- with no headlights on -- he may have wanted to get a good mental picture of the site just to make his plans fit tightly. JMO.

Guilty or not, I have to say that there were some aspects of the judicial process that concern me. The phone tampering was without doubt a serious error on behalf of the investigators. There is no question that it happened, that it is suspicious, and that the information was withheld from defense until long after it happened. I also have concerns about the "secret" methods used by the FBI expert, and the fact that the defense was prevented from presenting a witness to testify regarding the computer forensics. Personally, if I was on trial for something, and I was faced with the above two factors, I would be very concerned. I did perceive the judge to have a bias favoring the prosecution.

When the jury sent a note asking for things to go faster, we wondered what it meant. Today, I think it meant that they had made up their minds and were not at all interested in hearing defense arguments. I also see that as a problem.

I got the impression that the FBI's copy of the MFT was given to the defense eventually, even though the judge ruled that it did not have to be.

There was a copy of the MFT on the defense's buffet table.
GM's copy and JW's copy were never admitted, so it must have been the FBI's copy.

GM's pie charts and opinions on the hard drive data made it in to closing arguments. I think the case for "police framing BC" was made about as well as it it could have been.

Had GM taken the stand, he would have been made the fool on cross.
He said in his offer of proof that he only looked at the parts of the hard drive that the defense told him to. He said he ignored the rest. All the prosecution would have to have done is shown him some of the rest, and ask him his new opinions.

I think it's going to take a bit to decompress. I glanced at the clock this morning at 9:20 and for a moment thought "Oh, it's almost 9:30, I need to get to the computer!" Anybody else do that today?

I know it's going to take me a long, long time for any of this to fade. And maybe it shouldn't fade. I think the impact of this tragedy on the community is going to be there for everyone, at least on some level.

You don't have to know the victim or the family to care and want the best. You don't have to know those two precious girls to want the best for them and to hope they grow into amazing young women who will forever carry their mother's indelible spirit. I believe they will because they have an incredible family surrounding them. I also believe Nancy will continue to watch over and envelope all of them with her love.

It's the one thing Brad Cooper could never destroy--love. The love and bond between a mother and her daughters, the love and bond between sisters, and her brother, the love and bond of their parents, and the love of Nancy's earth angels--her friends who helped Nancy find justice. Brad took Nancy's life, but he can never destroy her spirit, her energy, her love, or the love of all her family and friends for her.

God bless all of them.

Good, good point, Less -- the only thing I would add is that he may have wanted to refresh his memory of the place, after having been there a few months (?) prior; or, if he was planning on making the trip at night, or just before dawn -- with no headlights on -- he may have wanted to get a good mental picture of the site just to make his plans fit tightly. JMO.

Again, if that man did not walk his dog where he did, when he did, and pay attention to the turkey vultures, her body might not ever have been found. Yikes. I believe BC's moans when told she was found was sheer agony over the fact he knew what this meant. He was going to be found out. IMO-of course.

Or it could have been something as simple as one person wanting to know what to tell her employers before they asked her to resign!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966