Theories discussion: What could have happened to Haleigh? #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly! Why does Ron say he checks the back door every day before work.

Both Ron & Misty say someone picked the lock..Cousin Joe is known for lock picking...Among other things.

IMO he checks it every day since he is going off to work and wants to be sure it's securely locked, I don't find that odd.

If I had a stranger in my house, like the A/C guy, I would check the lock just in case he had used that back door for any reason. Ron had already left for work when that guy was there. I wonder if Misty checked it after the guy left, probably not.

If they both knew the A/C guy was going back and forth into the house after Ron left for work, how would the issue of him checking the lock every day have any meaning to the 911 call. If she had said I made sure the door was locked, then it would have had some relevance. Neither one of them mentioned the A/C guy on the 911 call or her checking the lock. Did they????

Dunno... Crystal seemed a bit dazed in some of the early interviews. Like here, repeating the question, huh? Maybe Marie spoke for her because she felt Crystal couldn't handle all the interviews. Or else it's just a habit. Some people do.

If I remember right, Crystal has had seizures. Don't know if it has just come up as a medical problem since Haleigh's disappearance or if it was a pre-existing condition but I feel that her delay in answering questions sometimes may be due to medication she is taking to keep the seizures under control. I know that her nerves were pretty frazzled in the beginning days of this whole event.

Almost 9 months and we still don't know what happened to Haleigh. I wonder if we'll ever know. Do you think LE will ever run cadaver dogs through her neighborhood again? Could they still pick up her scent?

Almost 9 months and we still don't know what happened to Haleigh. I wonder if we'll ever know. Do you think LE will ever run cadaver dogs through her neighborhood again? Could they still pick up her scent?

Yes, I was told by two county sheriff's cadaver units that they can pick up the scent as late as 2 years later, depending on the area and conditions of the soil, water, etc.

Yes, I was told by two county sheriff's cadaver units that they can pick up the scent as late as 2 years later, depending on the area and conditions of the soil, water, etc.

Longer. In California we had a major wild fire that took out a mobile home park of 200 homes. They used cadaver dogs to clear the area of any bodies from anyone caught in the fire. They found a couple of natural graves in back gardens, the dogs were that good. No-one else.

As another example, the garden where Jaycee was held was searched and they found bones -- turned out to be ancient native American Indian.

There is still hope.

Does anyone have any information at all concerning the front door of the trailer? I find it odd that while all the attention was focused on the back door, nothing at all is said about the front door. From looking at the pictures there is a big screened in porch, a door on there and then after you walk in there is a front door to the home.

We know that Ronald and Misty are firm on the idea that the back door stayed locked, but I can't find any reference to the front door. How do we know if that door was locked too? TIA

IMHO placing myself as the Perp I'd use the front door with the screened porch for many reasons including many cited here, than ever risk that back door. Neighbors would be less suspicious seeing things come and go from the front and you can lookout and check. The backdoor, if seldom used with a parked car and a house nearby sets off too many alarms.

Another thing to consider is ...... if Misty was exhausted, as reported, still taking some drugs/drink from the weekend partying, watching movies, she may have fallen into a deep sleep on the sofa and never got to lock the door, never went to bed.

Someone knocked, looked in, came in, Misty never stirred ..... who knows?

There's a few videos iirc Elle where she appears to control everything. JMO

I can see how you may see it that way Flossie. I guess I am looking at it from a different perspective. Under these circumstances I may have been the same way. Not that Crystal can't or didn't speak for herself, but maybe Marie thought she may be better able to get a point across or add more clarity to a subject during a trying time for them all. I have caught myself doing that with one of my grown children before. He's smart as a whip, but somewhat ADD, I believe (as am I, lol!) so very slow to get to the point and scattered thoughts in stressful situations. I do have to stop myself sometimes, as he's 24, great hubby, daddy and son, not to mention has been on his own for 5 years! I don't recall ever feeling that same 'need' with my grown daughter tho, guess it's just the difference in their personalities!

Speaking of myself and being slow to get the point :crazy: The way I see that is that as far as I know at that early stage, they were all hearing different stories, which were probably very hard to keep up with since the inconsistancies kept popping up. I imagine at such a time anyway their thoughts were scrambled as it was and then you add that this one heard one thing, another heard something else, etc...I feel sure that they had to compare notes amongst them to keep up. Keep in mind that IMO they had NO firsthand knowledge of what happened, so other than what LE was telling them (if anything) all they knew is what they heard, rumors. So it wasn't like it mattered who 'did the talking' what they had to say was not them recounting first hand knowledge, it was stating what they had heard. On the other hand, with Ron and Misty..they were there at the MH (at some point no matter what theory one believes) so anything they had to say would be first hand knowledge, therefore imo had to be addressed by them and no one else.
Does any of that make a lick of sense? Loooong 14 hr. work day, so I'm prolly babbling!

Thanks Pondering, we can agree to disagree again, I think Marie controls most things related to Crystal.

Thanks Pondering, we can agree to disagree again, I think Marie controls most things related to Crystal.

bbm~ Agreed! As to the rest... I think many of us parents try to, even when we know it's not our place anymore. :)

bbm~ Agreed! As to the rest... I think many of us parents try to, even when we know it's not our place anymore. :)

Yes, with GMA Sykes and TN stage managing with Ron as well. What would Crystal, Ron, and Misty do/say absent that parental 'help'?

Yes, with GMA Sykes and TN stage managing with Ron as well. What would Crystal, Ron, and Misty do/say absent that parental 'help'?

IDK, but I think we may have been further along (maybe?) in this case had they spoke for themselves. It's hard to let the kiddos grow up cyber even when you know that you must.. or should I say realizing that they are adults! Believe me every once in a while I am gently told "Mom, I am a 24 y/o man, I can handle my business" ....which he is and he can! :angel:

If they both knew the A/C guy was going back and forth into the house after Ron left for work, how would the issue of him checking the lock every day have any meaning to the 911 call. If she had said I made sure the door was locked, then it would have had some relevance. Neither one of them mentioned the A/C guy on the 911 call or her checking the lock. Did they????

No, not mentioned. Whenever I have someone do work in the house, they always have to go out to the truck for something. Wonder where the unit was located and if he had to do any work on the outside. He showed up after Ron had left. I think if he had used that door he might be afraid to say.

Ahh, but Tommy hints that it looked like no one was home. Why?

Now what about Jr. leaving the room being the last thing she saw before she konked out? Maybe Jr. was investigating someone coming in the front door, got scared and got back in bed with Misty, Haleigh decides to investigate and voila' - they are caught in the house that they thought was empty, searching the kitchen for the gun and/or other treasures, maybe even taking out a big tv via the ramp, bricked door, clothes hastily stuffed against the bottom of the wood door to hold it open.

"Oh, man we gotta take her with us!"
"But, she's wet!!"
"It's ok, we have a blanket in the back."
"Now what?"
"I don't know, let me think."

"Oh, the van's scratched up. Look, it was moved."
"Oh, look - Jo slept in his clothes." (maybe the sheets were too dirty - who knows?)

I think Misty and Ron just assumed someone came in through the back, since it was obviously open. Whoever came in, came right through the front door. JMHO

So, who knew that Misty was supposed to be alone with the kids but was not answering her phone. RC and HC2.

Who went to the house to see what was going on? HC2.

When did he go there? Right in the same timing that Misty tells us she konked out, as Jr. left the room.

Who is a burglar? Jo.
Thief? HC2.
Who was hanging together that weekend and night within steps of the MH?Jo HC2

I understand what CS says she heard, but she didn't hear it from Misty. So, it doesn't count. Rumors don't count when we are adding up inconsistencies. So, I have to dismiss the things CS heard in the grapevine.

Longer. In California we had a major wild fire that took out a mobile home park of 200 homes. They used cadaver dogs to clear the area of any bodies from anyone caught in the fire. They found a couple of natural graves in back gardens, the dogs were that good. No-one else.

As another example, the garden where Jaycee was held was searched and they found bones -- turned out to be ancient native American Indian.

There is still hope.

Yes and no. Like any search, the dogs are only great and effective if they have a known good and reasonably truthful starting point. If the incident or crime did not occur within the home, as more and more I am convinced LE believes, then without having some idea of where the starting point is, it is extremely unlikely that the dogs will find anything.

No, not mentioned. Whenever I have someone do work in the house, they always have to go out to the truck for something. Wonder where the unit was located and if he had to do any work on the outside. He showed up after Ron had left. I think if he had used that door he might be afraid to say.

I guess I didn't explain what I meant very well. It's known that the A/C guy was going in and out. The MH has a central air unit which is located outside but the A/C guy would have going in and out to check thermostat, temperature, etc. They (LE) knows this and I'm sure was included in their questions to this repair guy. That's not my concern. My concern lies with the statements from RC about the door always being locked and that he locked it every day before going to work is that on that particular day, that statement meant nothing.......1. because the A/C guy came AFTER Ron went to work so the door would have been "unlocked" to be able to access the inside of the MH to check the thermostat and temp. I would think since they have to do this so many times that the block propping the screen door open would have been done by the A/C guy and it was just left that way. 2. Since RC is not there but at work, it's up to MC now to make sure the door is locked. MC never said she made sure the door was locked after the A/C guy left to my knowledge so I don't understand why the lengthy comment from Ron about the door. Too much emphasis on the "locking" of the door as a "matter of fact" when even if HE had locked it that day, it means nothing since the A/C guy came AFTER he would have done that. You would think we would have heard him ask MC on the 911 call, "did you make sure the door was locked"? I don't remember hearing that. I hope this makes sense.

I guess I didn't explain what I meant very well. It's known that the A/C guy was going in and out. The MH has a central air unit which is located outside but the A/C guy would have going in and out to check thermostat, temperature, etc. They (LE) knows this and I'm sure was included in their questions to this repair guy. That's not my concern. My concern lies with the statements from RC about the door always being locked and that he locked it every day before going to work is that on that particular day, that statement meant nothing.......1. because the A/C guy came AFTER Ron went to work so the door would have been "unlocked" to be able to access the inside of the MH to check the thermostat and temp. I would think since they have to do this so many times that the block propping the screen door open would have been done by the A/C guy and it was just left that way. 2. Since RC is not there but at work, it's up to MC now to make sure the door is locked. MC never said she made sure the door was locked after the A/C guy left to my knowledge so I don't understand why the lengthy comment from Ron about the door. Too much emphasis on the "locking" of the door as a "matter of fact" when even if HE had locked it that day, it means nothing since the A/C guy came AFTER he would have done that. You would think we would have heard him ask MC on the 911 call, "did you make sure the door was locked"? I don't remember hearing that. I hope this makes sense.

Baz, I completely follow your line of thinking as far as the AC Man goes. He seems to be an eye witness that could offer some added commentary to the events and time line that happened in the late afternoon and early evening hours. If Law Enforcement truly wanted help from the public in this case I am concerned with the fact that they never gave us any idea..about what this AC Man could add. The investigators could easily have told us that Haleigh was last seen by this man during the time he was in the residence. But they didn't. I think it would have been an important aspect to know whether or not the AC Man used the back door or if he saw Haleigh and what she was doing. I am going to go back and listen to the press conferences that LE was giving daily and see if I can hear anything that my brain might have dismissed during that time.

On the other hand though, I can understand why this guy would not want his name released or details described if he indeed was a witness or had anything of value to offer. I know the first thing I would do would be run his name through databases and sleuth any possible connection to players in this case. That in and of itself peaks my curiosity. Take for instance the eye witnesses that were so crucial to establishing Somer's movements in the minutes or hour before she was gone. We have the crossing guards on the corner and perhaps others that were critical in establishing her whereabouts.

Misty may have taken out garbage through that door and thought she locked it, but didnt' have it closed all the way so the dead bolt slid but not into the door jamb.

The A/C guy may have used the door and didn't think about locking it.

HC2 may have opened the door while he was there.

The kids may have opened the door while they were there.

Maybe Ron's normal procedure is to check the lock before he leaves for work, but didn't that time.

Whatever the case, I don't think it matters, because I think the intruder came in through the front door and used the back for the exit. I also think the doors were propped open because the intruder was going to empty the house of valuables down the ramp to an awaiting vehicle.

Before anyone says there was nothing of real value let me recount a true story. We had a used 2 bedroom mobile home on our farm land for weekends. It was filled with old furniture that would have been sent to the Goodwill. Everything in it was used and old from sheets to the rabbit ear tv. One weekend we arrived to find it had been emptied of everything, including bath towels and matresses. One man's trash - another's treasure.

I often wonder who was so desperate that they needed all of our old mis-matched, used furnishings. Apparently, someone did. Funny thing, if I would have known someone was that depserate, I had a lot more stuff that I could have given to them to set up a house. But, I guess stealing is better than asking for help. Who knew?

Misty may have taken out garbage through that door and thought she locked it, but didnt' have it closed all the way so the dead bolt slid but not into the door jamb.

The A/C guy may have used the door and didn't think about locking it.

HC2 may have opened the door while he was there.

The kids may have opened the door while they were there.

Maybe Ron's normal procedure is to check the lock before he leaves for work, but didn't that time.

Whatever the case, I don't think it matters, because I think the intruder came in through the front door and used the back for the exit. I also think the doors were propped open because the intruder was going to empty the house of valuables down the ramp to an awaiting vehicle.

Before anyone says there was nothing of real value let me recount a true story. We had a used 2 bedroom mobile home on our farm land for weekends. It was filled with old furniture that would have been sent to the Goodwill. Everything in it was used and old from sheets to the rabbit ear tv. One weekend we arrived to find it had been emptied of everything, including bath towels and matresses. One man's trash - another's treasure.

I often wonder who was so desperate that they needed all of our old mis-matched, used furnishings. Apparently, someone did. Funny thing, if I would have known someone was that depserate, I had a lot more stuff that I could have given to them to set up a house. But, I guess stealing is better than asking for help. Who knew?

I agree Dots about the front door being used to enter the MH.

Short story about your comment of one mans trash is another mans treasure. It made me think about the trip my family took to New York a few Thanksgivings ago. We lived in a gated community, very safe and secure. When we got back from New York my husband went to take a shower after the drive and he hollered out to me, someone had broke in and stolen every bath towel, hand towel, wash cloth from both of our bathrooms!! Some other ridiculous stuff was missing too, kitchen towels and dishcloths, some canned goods and a box of oatmeal. Ramen noodles too! Nothing else was touched, 4 kids in the house so we had 6 tv's, x box 360, a Wii, seriously not a one of those things were missing or even touched! I still do not know to this day how they made entrance or exit to my home. Never bothered to make a police report. Now we live waaay out in the country one or two cars pass by per day. I love Alabama!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc