Theories discussion: What could have happened to Haleigh? #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dogs did not back track at any point to the Cummings mobile home nor to Tommy's residence. Why would they need to?
As far as Joe would HaLeigh have met him?yes, Haleigh would have met him and TN even was posed the question by a reporter about why Cousin Joe was allowed around the children in the first place and she responded that these people (previous offenders) didn't carry a sign that showed what they have done or been accused of. He was only in town for how long and in your opinion Misty was hanging out with cousin and the kids?Joe O was in town for at least two weeks prior to the date that haleigh went missing, I think yes perhaps Misty may have let him around the children. According to misty her brother Tommy molested her when she was young and it is clear that Tommy was welcome in her and Ronald's home previously. HaLeigh goes to school aslo... so when did HaLeigh meet Joe? I do not believe just anyone walked in there removed HaLeigh from the bed turned on the kitchen light and removed HaLeighs clothes and HaLeigh walked along side this person on that wooded path that led to the river. To clarify my point about tracks I will suggets leaf matter scatter and soil (hard packed dirt to loose soil to sand)conditions would also be relevant to the quality of the foot prints and if there was any other prints on that trail.I don't think just anyone walked in there and took Haleigh either TM, I believe someone that knew this household and their routine walked in there. First and foremost you must remove those people, Ronald worked at night and someone knew that, friend or family. I think Haleigh could have turned on the light herself, the removing of the shirt makes no sense. Who would remove the shirt and why? A family member cares what shirt she had on? I think there was a reason the shirt was removed...

My responses in purple bold. Also....the print in the woods, maybe it is not relevant....who knows. You think if the saw one they would have saw more than one....I don't know what to think about that. : ))

My responses in purple bold. Also....the print in the woods, maybe it is not relevant....who knows. You think if the saw one they would have saw more than one....I don't know what to think about that. : ))
Elle, I am going to quickly respond to one point and then I have to run and will be back....... Do you not think the scent of the abductor was not mingled with HaLeigh's Or was the scent they originally tracked from the bed sheets/blanket to the back door down the ramp and along the path to the river and then to a shed and then back to the road (dirt) and then through the neighborhood and then out of the neighborhood on the only road in/out of the neighborhood?

Elle, I am going to quickly respond to one point and then I have to run and will be back....... Do you not think the scent of the abductor was not mingled with HaLeigh's Or was the scent they originally tracked from the bed sheets/blanket to the back door down the ramp and along the path to the river and then to a shed and then back to the road (dirt) and then through the neighborhood and then out of the neighborhood on the only road in/out of the neighborhood?

The dogs would have been following only Haleigh scent due to their training and trigger. Haleigh's scent would have stood out to them until they could no longer pick it up anymore.

I surely am no expert but scents are scents right? If there was a female dog, or a beef stick treat, or maybe a rabbit that ran past while the dogs or before the dogs were instructed or given their trigger, they would still only seek out the scent of Haleigh and follow that....right? I thought that is why tracking dogs had to be specifically trained. I don't know. I would think that in any given circumstance there would be a lot of scents that mingled together but I think if it is a well trained tracker other scents wouldn't matter when they were following Haleigh's specifically.

Anyone know....actually a good question. Don't run too long TM!: )

The dogs would have been following only Haleigh scent due to their training and trigger. Haleigh's scent would have stood out to them until they could no longer pick it up anymore.

I surely am no expert but scents are scents right? If there was a female dog, or a beef stick treat, or maybe a rabbit that ran past while the dogs or before the dogs were instructed or given their trigger, they would still only seek out the scent of Haleigh and follow that....right? I thought that is why tracking dogs had to be specifically trained. I don't know. I would think that in any given circumstance there would be a lot of scents that mingled together but I think if it is a well trained tracker other scents wouldn't matter when they were following Haleigh's specifically.

Elle, I wonder about that because of the way the gave the dog the scent and where they established the scent from (the ramp). My thinking is the perp could have walked this very way prior to approaching this home that night and would have approached the back door prior to blocking and going in and coming out with HaLeigh.

If the perp was not familar with the neighborhood wouldn't that help with the narrowing down of POI. How would this abductor know HaLeigh relatively well( use of kitchen light and removed her clothes and the possibility HaLeigh walked down that wooden path) but not the neighborhood is an important clue IMO.

It's still not clear to me why the kitchen light indicates that the abductor knew Haleigh. You could argue that the light helped Haleigh to recognize the person but if it was somebody Haleigh knew and if they were not masked so that Haleigh could recognize them, IMO darkness would be essential since if Misty or Jr woke up they would have recognized the person/s too.

It's still not clear to me why the kitchen light indicates that the abductor knew Haleigh. You could argue that the light helped Haleigh to recognize the person but if it was somebody Haleigh knew and if they were not masked so that Haleigh could recognize them, IMO darkness would be essential since if Misty or Jr woke up they would have recognized the person/s too.

It saddens me to know that Haleigh was afraid of the dark, and she didn't have any nightlights or anything, I mean I guess its not so shocking considering the home didn't even have laundry detergent-

Why wouldn't Misty have left a light on just for Haleigh? It makes no sense- But considering Misty didn't put HaLeigh to bed that night.....

JMO

I think Haleigh was possibly carried out the back door and put in the vehicle. I also think there was other stuff removed at the time along with Haleigh.

The sheets and blankets, I don't know about them. If they were laundered and Haleigh never made it to bed than the scent they were following was not Haleigh.

Also, winds kicked up on Feb 9, 2005 around 10:00pm...don't know if that affected scent or not but leans towards possibly.

OK here goes...... I sat in my blind this afternoon and pondered a few things and realized I had completely missed the whole dynamics of the Sheffield /Griffis and Cobra/Kim P. relationships. The family stood united in that Geroldo interview and since, all have turned on each other. Father against daughter and ex wife then MIL. Friend Cobra)against friend (Kim P.) and now united again in friendship but have turned on this family now.
I lol over the fact that Kim states she tried to keep those findings private, but, offers up the info (to find) to TJ and then ends with mentioning the publc revelation of these findings could further be harmful to Crystal.

Marty, Sarah and Chad are of great intrest to me. I would love to know where Chad was that Monday night and Early Tuesday morning. I have never been able to get an answer to that question.
Marty's behavior on the Geroldo show was the same odd behavior that Chad showed in his interview out in the front drive of Maries property. They both where uncomfortable and avoided eye contact with the camra. I know that does not always indicate guilt of something, but, combine these behaviors with the circumstances such as Chad"s all nighter that Monday night, past involvement with hiding a child from a bio parent, past criminal history. Marty's background in the Military and ex SO and his criminal history does give you pause to look a little further and ask do they have motive, oppertunity and the ability to commit this crime of stealing HaLeigh from her bed? IMO YES.
I have suspected a female was also involved for some time and Sarah is the closest to HaLeigh that would have the guts to do it and HaLeigh would leave with.

OK here goes...... I sat in my blind this afternoon and pondered a few things and realized I had completely missed the whole dynamics of the Sheffield /Griffis and Cobra/Kim P. relationships. The family stood united in that Geroldo interview and since, all have turned on each other. Father against daughter and ex wife then MIL. Friend Cobra)against friend (Kim P.) and now united again in friendship but have turned on this family now.
I lol over the fact that Kim states she tried to keep those findings private, but, offers up the info (to find) to TJ and then ends with mentioning the publc revelation of these findings could further be harmful to Crystal.

Marty, Sarah and Chad are of great intrest to me. I would love to know where Chad was that Monday night and Early Tuesday morning. I have never been able to get an answer to that question.
Marty's behavior on the Geroldo show was the same odd behavior that Chad showed in his interview out in the front drive of Maries property. They both where uncomfortable and avoided eye contact with the camra. I know that does not always indicate guilt of something, but, combine these behaviors with the circumstances such as Chad"s all nighter that Monday night, past involvement with hiding a child from a bio parent, past criminal history. Marty's background in the Military and ex SO and his criminal history does give you pause to look a little further and ask do they have motive, oppertunity and the ability to commit this crime of stealing HaLeigh from her bed? IMO YES.
I have suspected a female was also involved for some time and Sarah is the closest to HaLeigh that would have the guts to do it and HaLeigh would leave with.

I like your thinking and agree with all of. Since none of the extended family were giving LDTs PCSO really dropped the ball.

Thank you Texasmommy, I am curious about many of your points, I never really took the time to look into Chad G. I didn't know that he was on an all-nighter on the Monday before Haleigh went missing. I also never heard about the allegations of hiding a child previously. I just don't who to trust to be truthful anymore, and the worst thing is that it seems like everyone is so determined to cover their own behinds that the truth doesn't matter anymore.

I understand why law Enforcement have stuck to the mantra of "all the world is a suspect" JMO

I believe someone posted on here that Chad G had been pulled in by LE to take a LDT. I cannot remember who it was, however. I'd check the Chad G thread.

I read every post in the Chad G thread and I couldn't find confirmation that he took a LDT. Police said they offered the tests to everyone but did not confirm which family members took them up on their offer.

I didn't want to bump that thread up because I already bumped one up today...there is an interview of him on there though.

I read every post in the Chad G thread and I couldn't find confirmation that he took a LDT. Police said they offered the tests to everyone but did not confirm which family members took them up on their offer.

I didn't want to bump that thread up because I already bumped one up today...there is an interview of him on there though.

TJ said it, cobra dittoed, that after the Baker County search Chad was given a LDT. It was on BNN radio show some months back.

Texasmommy, your post really peaked my interest this morning. The words "involvement with hiding a child froma bio parent" kind of slapped me in the face and then you add everything else on top of it, I would have to say it adds up to a lot of pieces that fit. How much time has LE spent with this guy? Do we know?

Texasmommy, your post really peaked my interest this morning. The words "involvement with hiding a child froma bio parent" kind of slapped me in the face and then you add everything else on top of it, I would have to say it adds up to a lot of pieces that fit. How much time has LE spent with this guy? Do we know?
Good Morning Baznme,
I am of the opinion that no one has looked hard at Chad. I am curiuous as to why they gave Chad a LDT after the Baker County search since Kim P. states it was at the families request. I know they found drug residue and a pipe in a vehicle on the property, but, was under the impression it was a friend of the families vehicle and no one claimed the drugs and no charges where made, so why would they give Chad a LDT?
I have wondered why no one had been sleuthing out Chads where abouts that night or the fact that he was previously involved in hiding a child, but, then again it has been hard to even mention this side of the family with out attack. I hope now we can all work hard to reveal the truths that have been hidden.
Marty's move to TN is also hinky when you consider he and his MIL where involved to the degree of hiring Cobra and HaLeigh still has not been found. I don't believe thay moved because of a job opertunity!
I recomend eveyone to take a moment and listen to some of the radio shows by Simon Barrett. Cobra reveals alot about these players (Sheffields) along with his self pity party. Also take a look at Marty's and Sarahs myspace pages... they are quiet interesting and revealing IMO of their character.
I have also heard Ruby, Marty's MIL state she has a story to tell, but, wants to be paid because she states she will have to move far away????I can only guess at what she is eluding to and is scared off. MARTY!
I do not have all my notes with me, because I am at our lease these next few days, and my connection stinks (sooooo slow), please bare with me:blushing:.

Good Morning Baznme,
I am of the opinion that no one has looked hard at Chad. I am curiuous as to why they gave Chad a LDT after the Baker County search since Kim P. states it was at the families request. I know they found drug residue and a pipe in a vehicle on the property, but, was under the impression it was a friend of the families vehicle and no one claimed the drugs and no charges where made, so why would they give Chad a LDT?
I have wondered why no one had been sleuthing out Chads where abouts that night or the fact that he was previously involved in hiding a child, but, then again it has been hard to even mention this side of the family with out attack. I hope now we can all work hard to reveal the truths that have been hidden.
Marty's move to TN is also hinky when you consider he and his MIL where involved to the degree of hiring Cobra and HaLeigh still has not been found. I don't believe thay moved because of a job opertunity!
I recomend eveyone to take a moment and listen to some of the radio shows by Simon Barrett. Cobra reveals alot about these players (Sheffields) along with his self pity party. Also take a look at Marty's and Sarahs myspace pages... they are quiet interesting and revealing IMO of their character.
I have also heard Ruby, Marty's MIL state she has a story to tell, but, wants to be paid because she states she will have to move far away????I can only guess at what she is eluding to and is scared off. MARTY!
I do not have all my notes with me, because I am at our lease these next few days, and my connection stinks (sooooo slow), please bare with me:blushing:.

Great info. here TXMommy! I just want to clear up one small thing, I know it was a mis-type but Marty and company moved to rural Kentucky, not Tennessee. :)

IMO....

Haleigh was taken because Ron and/or Misty owed someone money/drugs.

The gun was stolen from the house & thrown away.

Cousin Joe was known for lock picking & using a "cider block" to sit on.

Whoever took Haleigh never expected "dirty" Ron & Misty to call 911....
They wanted payment.

IMO....

Haleigh was taken because Ron and/or Misty owed someone money/drugs.

The gun was stolen from the house & thrown away.

Cousin Joe was known for lock picking & using a "cider block" to sit on.

Whoever took Haleigh never expected "dirty" Ron & Misty to call 911....
They wanted payment.

No offense, but most drug dealers are not in the business of abducting children. What were they going to do, hold her for payment and then hand her back over and expect nothing to happen? To me that makes no sense, dealers are not idiots, especially when it comes to LE. If Misty owed a dealer money, she was there, take her. We have all heard that Amber and Naynay were working off drug debts at the pink house where their clothes were taken so they couldn't leave. There is also no evidence that RC was involved in drugs.

I used to go to a training center for dogs regularly and in one section they did scent training. The object with the scent was brought in a sealed box and shown to the dog. In the middle of all those smells in that huge building the dogs could find that one article. It didn't matter that they were surrounded by every scent imaginable because the place was huge and full of animals and people. They are trained to focus on the one scent and track it. That whole scenario of them having to throw the bedding outside to get a scent just makes no sense to me. What on earth was inside that MH that made it impossible for the dogs to get a scent?

Great info. here TXMommy! I just want to clear up one small thing, I know it was a mis-type but Marty and company moved to rural Kentucky, not Tennessee. :)

They are back in Putnam County now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member