Theories discussion: What could have happened to Haleigh? #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bold by me...I hear you, but it is also a leap for me to believe that Ronald killed Haleigh, or even that Misty killed her, I could believe their was an accidental overdose but where did the drugs come from? Was Ronald selling them out of his home? Was Misty?

You are talking about a household that has been under the microscope of Department of Children and Family Services, numerous times. Yet they still thought the children were safer and better off with Ronald. I think there is a good reason for that. I do not believe that DCF is corrupt and I do not believe that they were negligent in their investigations. I think Ronald was getting his life together and some people in Satsuma didn't like that. There is no proof that Ronald was using drugs or involved with drugs in the past two years, if there is and I missed it please show me.

As far as Joe being too obvious, I would love for LE to rule him out, but they haven't. I don't think Joe took Haleigh for sex, I think Tommy and Joe panicked and did something in the heat of the moment, or even for revenge, maybe they didn't think things would get so out of hand...who knows. One thing I believe though Bern, Joe took off for a reason, he knows something and maybe he wasn't directly involved with whatever happened to Haleigh...but I believe he took the van and put the scratch on it, I think he knows something.

bbm~
even in a fit of rage or anger elle? It would only take a millisecond for that to happen..not intentional by any means and sadly it happens all too often. I have never considered that Ron or Misty murdered/intentionally harmed Haleigh. I have wondered if Ron could be heavy handed with discipline, and have read that children w/Turners Syndrome may have problems "reading" body language. So that in turn makes me wonder if possibly Ron/Misty were already not in the best state of mind that night and something happened to set one of them off and with HaLeigh possibly not being able to comprehend exactly how angry one was, well........you see where I'm going with this and what I think may have happened. Of course that's just one possibility as well as jmo.

snipped from this Turner-Syndrome link & bbm~
http://www.turner-syndrome.com/articles/challenges-of-turner-syndrome/index.php

The same NLD may make it hard for you to read body language, learn visual cues from teachers, and adapt to new situations

eta~on a side note.. and this made me so sad, at another link re: TS, it said that 98% of women miscarried when carrying a Turner Syndrome child, which means that the odds were stacked against HaLeigh long before she was even born. :(......

Elle, I think that Nay Nay and Misty have been friends for a while. I don't recall hearing that they were ever on the outs. Since Ron discouraged Misty from seeing Nay Nay, she may have stayed away and tended to hang out with Amber. If Nay Nay has no place to live, then she would benefit from being able to stay with Misty.
Now that Ron is out of the picture with Misty, she can hang out with whoever she likes. What's in it for Misty? If Nay Nay does know something about Haleigh going missing, I imagine Misty will be very nice to her!

I didn't necessarily mean that Misty and Nay Nay were on the outs, I just thought that after the whole WBG thing, Misty wouldn't be so thrilled with Nay Nay. Who knows though.

Bold by me.....I had a little giggle when you said that Nay Nay could benefit by moving in with the Croslins, just about everyone of them has been arrested and they seem to be having a difficult time of staying out of trouble...If I was Nay Nay the last thing i would do is move in with them. : )

bbm~
even in a fit of rage or anger elle? It would only take a millisecond for that to happen..not intentional by any means and sadly it happens all too often. I have never considered that Ron or Misty murdered/intentionally harmed Haleigh. I have wondered if Ron could be heavy handed with discipline, and have read that children w/Turners Syndrome may have problems "reading" body language. So that in turn makes me wonder if possibly Ron/Misty were already not in the best state of mind that night and something happened to set one of them off and with HaLeigh possibly not being able to comprehend exactly how angry one was, well........you see where I'm going with this and what I think may have happened. Of course that's just one possibility as well as jmo.

snipped from this Turner-Syndrome link & bbm~
http://www.turner-syndrome.com/articles/challenges-of-turner-syndrome/index.php

The same NLD may make it hard for you to read body language, learn visual cues from teachers, and adapt to new situations

eta~on a side note.. and this made me so sad, at another link re: TS, it said that 98% of women miscarried when carrying a Turner Syndrome child, which means that the odds were stacked against HaLeigh long before she was even born. :(......

I don't know what's possible, but I hope you understand that I am not saying no other theory is possible and I am not trying to be hard headed about things, I just have the opinion that RC was not involved. I arrived at my opinion the same way that everyone else did, We looked and heard the same things, yet arrived at completely different opinions about the circumstances. And that is okay by me. : )

I don't know what's possible, but I hope you understand that I am not saying no other theory is possible and I am not trying to be hard headed about things, I just have the opinion that RC was not involved. I arrived at my opinion the same way that everyone else did, We looked and heard the same things, yet arrived at completely different opinions about the circumstances. And that is okay by me. : )

I do understand and respect that and I assure you I'm not trying to change anyones mind. :snooty: I can tell by your posts that you (as have I) have put much thought into your theories, not jumped on any 'bandwagon' and just come to a different conclusion than myself. And that is ok, more than ok, it keeps us thinking.

For myself, I just believe that this whole nightmare is SO much simpler than we make it out to be. In the beginning I was not sure Ron was involved, but believed Misty was and I'm still not 100% sure about Ron, but his actions since have given me much pause for thought and now I am leaning towards him. It kinda came down to this for me...and it's all jmo :)

Either he was involved (because I don't believe for a minute that he would cover for Misty, but I do think that at least at that time Misty would cover for him. (and now she's in too deep, so she's not going to say a thing)

OR

Ron is an absolute idiot... to marry Misty, buy into all the inconsistant stories, protect her (at least it appears that way to me) and I could go on and on, but no need. Now to be clear I DO NOT believe that Ron is that stupid and I certainly don't buy that he was head over hills blinded by love, sooo...that leads me back to #1.

Pondering mind says:

For myself, I just believe that this whole nightmare is SO much simpler than we make it out to be. In the beginning I was not sure Ron was involved, but believed Misty was and I'm still not 100% sure about Ron, but his actions since have given me much pause for thought and now I am leaning towards him. It kinda came down to this for me...and it's all jmo :)

Either he was involved (because I don't believe for a minute that he would cover for Misty, but I do think that at least at that time Misty would cover for him. (and now she's in too deep, so she's not going to say a thing)

OR

Ron is an absolute idiot... to marry Misty, buy into all the inconsistant stories, protect her (at least it appears that way to me) and I could go on and on, but no need. Now to be clear I DO NOT believe that Ron is that stupid and I certainly don't buy that he was head over hills blinded by love, sooo...that leads me back to #1

Can he be both?

.......................excellent post BTW!

Pondering mind says:

OR

Ron is an absolute idiot... to marry Misty, buy into all the inconsistant stories, protect her (at least it appears that way to me) and I could go on and on, but no need. Now to be clear I DO NOT believe that Ron is that stupid and I certainly don't buy that he was head over hills blinded by love, sooo...that leads me back to #1

Can he be both?

.......................excellent post BTW!

bbm~
Gosh Whisperer, IDK..but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night! :D

I never said RC was a better parent than CS. This is not about Crystal. This is about DCF doing several investigations into the welfare of the children and returning the case unfounded, Leaving the children with Ronald. Do you think they would leave the children with Ronald if it put them in danger? QUOTE]

BBM - Yes, don't know about others, but I do. They left her there and now she's been missing almost 10 months. jmo

Late comer to this case so forgive my ignorance... Is it at all possible that Misty left the kids with Tommy and his wife and the cousin and the crime actually happened there? I think I remember that Tommy's wife gave a statement, but is it possible she's lying too? Would Misty have any reason to keep something like that quiet? I'm not sure that Ron's son, Jr., is not just repeating what he heard or was told to say... Just throwing out ideas... Again, I apologize if this theory has been hashed out and will look further into the threads if so!

Welcome LandAuxvasse. Join in!

Just took a look at the real estate on Buchanan circle. It is noteworthy that the north side of Buchanan circle sits right on the water....I did not know that.

Since the trail of Haleigh went along and around the circle, I now can see where this makes sense. Whoever drove her or walked her went down to the river and walked along the docks and around Buchanan on the other side. They turned on Monroe, passed the Croslin house and went to Buffalo Bluff where sent vanished. It may have vanished because Haleigh was in a vehicle heading out towards Hwy. 17.....or was just the perp heading out there sans Haleigh but still had something with her scent in the vehicle?

When I look at the trial of the scent it seems to go around in a circle, and back track, but then ends up at the RR Tracks. I don't have the map in front of me now, so I am remembering here. I thought maybe the person knew LE would be using dogs to track when she went, so they tried to throw them off by running around with something of her's like a blanket or some clothing.

I posted my theory in the structured theory thread and need to go back and look at it again....My biggest thing is what vehicle was used that night to take her away, make that track for the scent and who drove that vehicle that night. No one ran around in the dark with a blanket on foot, or carried Haleigh in there arms to another location. Misty is the key, she knows what happened....Who helped her? Her brothers, her SIL? Ron? Her mom and dad were at the hospital that night, Timmy and wife were in Cresent City, Tommy and wife at MH, cousin Joe was in town; supposed to be in Cresent City. Ron was at work. I would think LE checked out everybody's alibi for that night. If no one helped Misty, how did she get access to a vehicle?

When I look at the trial of the scent it seems to go around in a circle, and back track, but then ends up at the RR Tracks. I don't have the map in front of me now, so I am remembering here. I thought maybe the person knew LE would be using dogs to track when she went, so they tried to throw them off by running around with something of hers like a blanket or some clothing.

I posted my theory in the structured theory thread and need to go back and look at it again....My biggest thing is what vehicle was used that night to take her away, make that track for the scent and who drove that vehicle that night. No one ran around in the dark with a blanket on foot, or carried Haleigh in there arms to another location. Misty is the key, she knows what happened....Who helped her? Her brothers, her SIL? Ron? Her mom and dad were at the hospital that night, Timmy and wife were in Cresent City, Tommy and wife at MH, cousin Joe was in town; supposed to be in Cresent City. Ron was at work. I would think LE checked out everybody's alibi for that night. If no one helped Misty, how did she get access to a vehicle?
Morning, I agree with you about someone counting on HaLeighs scent being tracked. I think the scent trail has revealed more than we know. I am remembering the scent was followed in a different manner than you suggest. If I am remembering correctly the scent trail followed went from the ramp along a wooded path to the river and then to a small shed then back to HaLeighs road onto Monroe and around Buckingham and then out Tyler to Buffalo Bluff and then lost at the RR. I am going to take a look at this again today and a few other things that have been talked about in the threads the last few days. I think if we could get to the bottom of a few issues and work them out with all our points of view till the piece fits the puzzle.
1. Did HaLeigh wet the bed the night or early morning before she was abducted or is the truth that Misty did not wash the blankets from HaLeigh wetting the bed the night before. This is a vital clue! LE has considered Misty's sketchy account of the events that took place that night are inconsistent with the evidence. Rumors have circulated that there was no laundry soap, there was dirty clothes found in the drier. HaLeigh's nightshirt (pink Hanna Montana shirt) was found within the mobile home (Misty claims in the dirty clothes on the floor at the the back door). Misty's story with the blankets IMO has given pause to some and to many a sign of guilt. I was given pause, because it did not make sense. I kept asking why is she telling us this? Why does she feel it is important?
LE also feels it is important as well IMO.
IMO... LOL...
I have a feeling the way the bedding was handled by LE at the time might suggest HaLiegh wet the bed before the abduction.
I need to do my homework on this and will be back.
Also I went back and listened to Nay Nay's interview again and picked up on a few things I had not noticed before and was hoping to discuss it as well. Here is the interview again to refresh y'alls memories. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1I6zOihOTw
Hope it will help us reveal Amber's and Nay Nay's true part in this mystery.

I never said RC was a better parent than CS. This is not about Crystal. This is about DCF doing several investigations into the welfare of the children and returning the case unfounded, Leaving the children with Ronald. Do you think they would leave the children with Ronald if it put them in danger?

After the third or fourth investigation do you think they would think "what in the world is going on here...." Do you think that they would completely investigate, looking deeper because someone kept calling attention to his home?

I don't believe that if the children were ever removed from Ronald's care that they would have gone to live with CS, I am sorry but I just don't. That is tough to say, but that is the conclusion that I have come to after many months of reading and following this case. That is not to say that Crystal doesn't love her children, I think she absolutely does, but she doesn't seem to care very much about herself. JMO...

Elle-
You said, “Yet they still thought the children were safer and better off with Ronald”
Perhaps I should have asked, “better with Ronald as opposed to whom?” instead of bringing up CS. To say that they were "better off" with RC would imply that they WOULD be better off with someone else. My assumption was that the other person you were inferring to was CS.

I highly doubt that DCF said specifically that the children were better off with RC. My statement was, “DCF found no compelling reason to remove the children from the status quo... It just means that DCF didn't find anything in their investigation at the time to come to the conclusion that the children were in any immediate danger.”

Nothing in that statement means that RC is a super parent or that he doesn’t have issues. It just means that DCF didn’t find anything bad enough to remove the children. It is a pretty generic statement that just sounds important.

There have been so many cases with DCF in Florida that have ended with a child maimed or murdered that I dismiss anything that this department does or says. Children have been left with parents and have ended up dead or abused or both. They have no credibility at all IMO. They always explain away those children who fall through the cracks as being due to a shortage of manpower and work overload. And yes, I know that there are good things also done by this department, fine, that shows that someone working for them done their job that time but IMO a lot of child abuse and neglect is ignored.

I agree completely. I hear of far more horror stories about the FL DCF than any other state.
They have a tough job with carp pay and limited resources.

Another possibility is that Haleigh was curled up in the blanket - the one that is missing and that Misty has endlessly gone on about having to wash because it was peed on.
I am not convinced that this is exactly what happened, but I do believe that it is a plausible theory. i.e., it could have happened in a similar way.

I wonder if she had some sort of seizure or vomited as a result of being slipped a sedative. People can also release urine as a result of the seizure. I don't know how common either of these scenarios are. Was she on any medications for the Turner's Syndrome which could have caused a dangerous interaction?

I wonder if she had some sort of seizure or vomited as a result of being slipped a sedative. People can also release urine as a result of the seizure. I don't know how common either of these scenarios are. Was she on any medications for the Turner's Syndrome which could have caused a dangerous interaction?

From all that I have read here on w/s, it doesn't appear that she was on any Rx for the Turners. I think she may have been due for a growth hormone injection since February.

Late comer to this case so forgive my ignorance... Is it at all possible that Misty left the kids with Tommy and his wife and the cousin and the crime actually happened there? I think I remember that Tommy's wife gave a statement, but is it possible she's lying too? Would Misty have any reason to keep something like that quiet? I'm not sure that Ron's son, Jr., is not just repeating what he heard or was told to say... Just throwing out ideas... Again, I apologize if this theory has been hashed out and will look further into the threads if so!

Welcome! I have always kind of wondered that too. Especially when they held that "estate sale" and got rid of a lot of things, but never moved. Another thing I've wondered about is after Lindsy had a seizure recently, her mother said she was under so much stress and going to school. I thought she was supposedly graduating in Aug from lpn school. Did she go on to get her RN instead or why is she still in school when they were expecting to move to Belize or where ever earlier in the year? So many things don't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member