Theories On What Happened to Caylee Part #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the chloroform was used to subdue Caylee and keep her from struggling while ICA put on the duct tape. The duct tape was covering her nose and mouth to smother her and the chloroform was used so she wouldn't struggle while being smothered.

I don't think ICA would have touched her after decomp started to cover her nose and mouth. In my opinion the tape was the murder weapon. I think she then wrapped her in the blanket, put her in the laundry bag into the trunk. She went on about her business that night like she was planning.

The next day she went back to the house and if I remember correctly she was seen backing in the garage. I think she took Caylee in the laundry bag out of the trunk and went to the backyard thinking she would bury her there and realized she couldn't find a shovel. She set her down in 3 different areas looking for the right spot (dog hits) and decided against it that day. I think she then double bagged her in the garbage bags because the smell had begun and put her back in the trunk.

The next day she comes back to the house, backs the car up again and decides to go borrow the shovel from the neighbor. She tries to dig a hole to bury Caylee by the pool and decides it's too difficult and gives up. She returns the shovel, puts the bag back in the trunk and drives around looking for a spot. The smell by now is horrible in the car and she is in a hurry to get rid of her so she decides on the final spot where Caylee is ultimately found.

I think she was seen a third time backing in (that Friday?) and I think that's when she cleaned the trunk because the smell was not gone even though Caylee was gone from the trunk. She may have had the chloroform in the laundry detergent bottle in the trunk and it spilled, which would give the reason for the high levels of chloroform in the air tests. Something was saturated with it in the trunk or it was spilled, saturating the trunk liner.

She then went on to party her heart out that night in the blue dress like nothing ever happened. :loser:

I too think that the chloroform was spilled in the trunk . . .thus the extremely high levels, however - my understanding is that a chemical reaction happens when you mix the chemicals and in order to keep stable it must be made over an ice bath. The plastic probably would have melted (IMO) so it would have to have been glass, metal, or ceramic or there would have been a melted plastic container that leaked out all over because she didn't know it got that hot.

Casey may have used chloroform-like substance to destroy odor in car. she also may have spilled gasoline in it too in order to get rid of odor.

I think casey did put Caylee in the backyard temporarily, either in sandbox or playhouse. I also think the A's thought she did too and that was their reasoning for digging around in the yard...and moving items. They even moved a very large bush....no easy feat..

Ok, this may be a little out there, but... I was looking at some of the google searches done by Casey on the Anthony home computer. One search was for "chloroformhabit". On the second page brought up on Google, there is a line that reads "Chloroform is antiseptic, and even in such a dilute solution as "chloroform water" (1/2 per cent. in strength) will *advertiser censored* putrefaction and fermentation, as in urine." Maybe Casey poured Chloroform on Caylee to try to stop/delay decomposition? Maybe that's why there is so much of it in the trunk? I dunno.. just an idea.

Edit: Just wanted to add that I really believe some clues can be found by looking at some of the weppages Casey might have found during her google searches. She was trying to get ideas, obviously.

One more thing: There has been some dispute on the duct tape - whether it was placed pre or post mortem, whether is was the murder weapon or placed to stem decomp, etc. I just wanted to offer one more possibility. I don't necessarily think this is what happened, I just wanted to throw another theory out there. Be warned, it might be kinda gross (sorry). Maybe there were flies and other bugs crawling in and out of Caylee's mouth, flies blowing around her mouth, etc. Maybe Casey placed the tape to keep the bugs out, only because she didn't like seeing it. I know there were probably flies everywhere, but I would imagine there was a greater number in/around the mouth.. perhaps even maggots (again, sorry for the grossness) Apologies if this has been suggested, before. I haven't seen it anywhere.

By the way, do we know of any insecticide that may contain chloroform? Just wondering if Casey may have sprayed Caylee down with something to get rid of bugs/flies.

Some believe George saw them the 16th, some do not. Yes, KC uploaded a pic on the 16th @ 11 something, but where was she earlier that morning (as in the night of the 15th to morning of 16th b4 she uploaded that photo)? Why would the Anthony home phone call KC on her cell @ 7:45 the morning of the 16th? There is some lying going on here. And I am not saying Lee is lying about when he saw her last. It is possible KC went to Lee's the night of the 15th without his knowledge.

BBM. In regards to the bold statement, I never heard/read this. Is this really true?

Per Valhalls timeline for June 16th.....Anthony home leaves voicemail on ICA's cell phone at 7:45 am

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/casey-anthony-murder-trial/timeline-and-discovery/

We have threads in the Resource Links, Case Calendar & Time Lines Forum where that has been discussed/sleuthed..here are some threads

Ping Map for June 16, 2008 - Discuss that day only
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73218&page=2

Evening June 15/morning June 16
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84631"]Evening of June 15/morning of June 16 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Also for your reading pleasure
Details Emerge: Casey/Cindy Fight Part 1, 2 and 3 in that forum.
[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70637"]Details Emerge: Casey/Cindy Fight - Part 1 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83435"]Details Emerge: Casey/Cindy Fight - Part 2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123058"]Details Emerge: Casey/Cindy Fight - Part 3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

iirc...the desktop computer had high usage around midnight to 1 am..
iirc..Casey was talking to Tony L on the phone or texting...until the wee hours of June 16th.
Cindy said she left that morning for work, she did not see the girls but "heard them sleeping" in Casey's room
Speculation are
1) Casey was not at home (even though her cell phone pings were consistant with her being at home
2) Casey could not find her phone and was calling it OR
3) Cindy was calling Casey before she left for work for whatever reason.

Here is a great post by Bond on the What Happened to Caylee Part 5 thread POST # 456
[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3643378#post3643378"]Theories On What Happened to Caylee Part #5 - Page 19 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

...meanwhile...back @ the theory ranch...

After staying up until at least 3:22AM texting w/ Tony...

@ 7:45AM 6/16 we have the call from G&C's home phone to Casey's phone. Speculation that this call served one of two purposes
(a) Casey attempting to locate the phone itself, or,
(b) Cindy attempting to locate Casey
FWIW, I'm not clear on Cindy's start-time @ Gentiva, but, since it is located in the vicinity of Tony's apt. we can approximate the travel time to be ~20mins. I'm also not sure 'bout everyone else's experience, but, my little girl thinks 'sleeping in' means getting up <6:30AM ...so...just for grins...perhaps well-rested Caylee was up & at'em around the time Cindy was leaving for work 6/16 and one or both of them roused Casey (no offense to murdered overnight theorists) since Cindy was leaving and George was prolly still snoozin' after his evening-shift too - sleepy Casey was faced w/ entertaining Caylee. After Cindy left Casey emerged from the bedroom for food/bathroom, whatever, and wanted to see if she had any messages/texts from Tony so she called her phone herself to locate it. "Found it"...no messages (OK...it was initially beyond me how Casey wouldn't have known where her phone was after having it in her hands all night......unless maybe it was lost in the sheets...or had fallen down behind/under the bed...OK...workable).

@ 8:46AM Casey sent a text to Tony...waited...no response

@ 10:27AM, IIRC, we have computer forensics showing Casey uploaded Fusian pics to photobucket (lil' help w/ the time here?)

@ 11:47AM after 3 hours passed since her text to Tony...he called her

By somewhere around this time George is up & about.

IF we pause here for a moment...is there anything we can conclude?
Did Casey apply the duct tape & heart to Caylee to keep her quiet until Cindy left after the possible fight between the 2 as the last event of 6/15 that ended w/ Casey going into the bedroom and closing/slamming/locking the door?
It seems to me that there's room to consider this...since Casey was certainly tired from lack of sleep, since she prolly didn't wanna see Cindy, and it would've continued the dig @ Cindy by keeping Caylee from her (take that!). The no-shoes-on-Caylee's body camp would like this I'm sure.
However...if Casey had a dead Caylee in the house whilst the only other person @ home, George, was asleep...wouldn't it seem the ripe opportunity to get-the-helloutta-Dodge? Instead, Casey sat down and uploaded pics to Photobucket....
That Casey received the call from Tony @ 11:47 after 3 hours of inactivity allows us to consider that she may have employed the duct tape to enable her to catch some z's after she uploaded the Photobucket pics.
That's possible. That option woulda left Casey with discovering a dead Caylee whilst George was up and about and before he left for work. Casey woulda been doing whatever she had to in order to keep George at bay. Can't rule this out entirely. George's call home @ 3:03PM coulda been to check on an allegedly 'sick' Caylee that was 'resting' in bed...not to be disturbed. FWIW, the ADD on this option doesn't give a stellar bagging date & time (mid-morning 6/19 whilst near Tony's apt.).

Consider also, during this timeframe Casey has two phone conversations w/ Tony (19 & 14mins each) and @ 1:44PM (before George woulda left for work) Casey placed a call to Amy and talked for 36mins before Casey switched over to take an incoming call from Jesse - aparrently the result of a text exchange the two had before Casey called Amy. While its possible Casey did all of this from her bedroom, it does seem she was pretty otherwise occuppied if keeping George @ bay was paramount.

IIRC, computer forensics show some surfing that afternoon ~3PM, which might be worth another look. If we look @ all of the above, once George FINALLY left the house...if Casey knew she had a dead Caylee on her hands, IMHO, it seems highly unlikely her first George-free hour to act would be spent surfing, etc. Worth another look......what was she interested in that afternoon?
Since I think we can now (post release of the home phone & George's cell records) consider that Casey was @ home w/ Caylee when George left 6/16, it opens up the door to how Caylee might've gotten into the car w/o shoes...since Caylee woulda likely been napping still when George left for work. Whether Caylee was alive or not when she was placed in the car...well...carry on...

Okay, so we last left this thread pre-trial and now it's interesting to see how things are shaping up...and what questions are still left unanswered.

KC says Caylee died on 6/16 and I actually believe her. George sees Caylee this day, so any earlier doesn't make sense. Also, any later and where is Caylee since no one sees her and KC is with Tony most of the time.

Since George sees her around lunch it must be sometime after, but before she goes to TonE's.

The BIG problem I think the state will have to address is the issue of the body farm saying 2.6 days or something of decomp, yet the car doesn't begin noticeably smelling until the 25th...Both TonE and George are near the car before then and don't smell anything unusual and this is the day that KC texts Amy about the smell.

Things I want to know (help me out fellow WSers!)

- What role does the pool play? Reasons the pool may be important: 1) I'm pretty sure in our earlier posts about mothers who kill, drowning was a common method. 2) I've heard that Cindy often liked to take Caylee in the pool, but I haven't heard about anyone else doing so. In fact, didn't Cindy have her in the pool on the 15th when KC came home? Night of the supposed fight? Possible symbolism for KC? 3) Obvious - dogs hit on spot near pool 4) Bodies in cool water will decompose slower. Could Caylee have been hidden in the pool for some period of time delaying decomp? Perhaps Cindy ONLY used the pool when Caylee was around, so KC felt it was a decently safe temporary option?

- When did the garbage bags/laundry bags come into play? How does that effect the 2.6 day figure? In other words, if whatever fluids were in the trunk were spilled there at 2.6 days, but then the body was wrapped up, it could have been there longer without leaving spill evidence of such.

- What role do KC's pants play? I'm wondering if when she is disposing of the body, in the transfer from the car and then to the woods one of the bags leaked or had some condensation that got on her pants (and or/her hands which she had no choice but to wipe on her pants. She has gotten rid of all Caylee's things, but she can't exactly just leave her pants there because 1) it would tie it all to her and 2) strange to be driving around town with no pants on. Or maybe she has a change of pants in the car that she was going to bring to TonE's anyway. She changes into the clean pants. She doesn't want to open the trunk again because it smells atrocious. She throws them in the backseat not imagining they will make her car smell so bad. So maybe the trunk smelled all along because of the body, but maybe the car interior only smelled after those pants had been sitting there enclosed in the hot sun for a period of time.

Where do the following things fit in?

duct tape
heart sticker
chloroform elements in trunk
playhouse
shovel

The prosecutors are now laying the foundation of the case, but these elements are at the real heart of the matter.

I know we've tried before, but what reasonable scenario is there to tie all these elements together?

Here's an out there theory. Maybe all the searches were never about Caylee, per se but rather Casey pondering the idea of knocking off mom and dad. Maybe the self defense, household weapons, chloroform, searches were her trying to figure out how to get rid of the A s who were asking too many questions. The chloroform as a means to subdue two adults so they could be murdered with little need to worry about them trying to defend themselves or living to tell the tale of the attempt?

Perhaps the fictitious jobs were becoming too difficult to upkeep and the idea of having the house and whatever life insurance/inheritance may be hers was very tempting. Casey likes money she doesn't have to earn. Casey and CA have a rocky relationship at best. GA is asking a lot of questions about the employment situation. CA and GA are maybe headed for divorce. Why not just get them out of her hair and then she is on easy street?

Caylee is a big inconvenience. I have long thought that the only use Casey had for Caylee was as a tool to be used in the manipulation of the A s. If the A s are out of the picture, Caylee becomes way more inconvenient than useful. I think, although she may not have thought that far ahead (to premeditated murder of Caylee), that she was indeed thinking about that for her parents. I also think, if she had been successful in killing her parents, Caylee would not have been far behind, either through neglect or out and out premeditated murder.

I think Casey wanted to go out and run. She wanted to spend time with her loverman. Caylee was inconvenient but mom and dad weren't gonna watch the kid while she gallavanted so she attempted to drug Caylee just enough to knock her out and keep her quite. All those internet searches on chloroform had given her an idea. I think she may have even duct taped her little mouth and secreted her in the trunk the night of the 16th, expecting to remove a living but very groggy Caylee later. Instead found a very dead Caylee dead and went into panic mode.

I don't think she contemplated having to get rid of her parent's bodies in her half baked maybe plan of offing them. They were probably going to be the victims of a home invasion gone awry on a night when ICA was "elsewhere" Now she's got two parents still up her butt and a dead child in her trunk to explain. This could explain why she drove around with her deceased child in her trunk for a while. Trying to figure out what to do with her and how to salvage her actual plan.

What if the searches started out as one premeditated thing and before being useful for THAT thing ended up throwing the whole plan out of alignment with the unintentional death of Caylee?

Okay, now pick it apart guys, I know the Caylee team here at WS will find any flaws in my theory for me. ;) Too bad JB doesn't have a team doing that for him, oh yeah, he does, lol.

But you guys are so much better at this than the DT :)

Here's an out there theory. Maybe all the searches were never about Caylee, per se but rather Casey pondering the idea of knocking off mom and dad. Maybe the self defense, household weapons, chloroform, searches were her trying to figure out how to get rid of the A s who were asking too many questions. The chloroform as a means to subdue two adults so they could be murdered with little need to worry about them trying to defend themselves or living to tell the tale of the attempt?

Perhaps the fictitious jobs were becoming too difficult to upkeep and the idea of having the house and whatever life insurance/inheritance may be hers was very tempting. Casey likes money she doesn't have to earn. Casey and CA have a rocky relationship at best. GA is asking a lot of questions about the employment situation. CA and GA are maybe headed for divorce. Why not just get them out of her hair and then she is on easy street?

Caylee is a big inconvenience. I have long thought that the only use Casey had for Caylee was as a tool to be used in the manipulation of the A s. If the A s are out of the picture, Caylee becomes way more inconvenient than useful. I think, although she may not have thought that far ahead (to premeditated murder of Caylee), that she was indeed thinking about that for her parents. I also think, if she had been successful in killing her parents, Caylee would not have been far behind, either through neglect or out and out premeditated murder.

I think Casey wanted to go out and run. She wanted to spend time with her loverman. Caylee was inconvenient but mom and dad weren't gonna watch the kid while she gallavanted so she attempted to drug Caylee just enough to knock her out and keep her quite. All those internet searches on chloroform had given her an idea. I think she may have even duct taped her little mouth and secreted her in the trunk the night of the 16th, expecting to remove a living but very groggy Caylee later. Instead found a very dead Caylee dead and went into panic mode.

I don't think she contemplated having to get rid of her parent's bodies in her half baked maybe plan of offing them. They were probably going to be the victims of a home invasion gone awry on a night when ICA was "elsewhere" Now she's got two parents still up her butt and a dead child in her trunk to explain. This could explain why she drove around with her deceased child in her trunk for a while. Trying to figure out what to do with her and how to salvage her actual plan.

What if the searches started out as one premeditated thing and before being useful for THAT thing ended up throwing the whole plan out of alignment with the unintentional death of Caylee?

Okay, now pick it apart guys, I know the Caylee team here at WS will find any flaws in my theory for me. ;) Too bad JB doesn't have a team doing that for him, oh yeah, he does, lol.

I have always thought this was the case. But I do think that offing Caylee was in the plan. IIRC she told the friends that CA was giving her the house and was taking Caylee.

I have always thought this was the case. But I do think that offing Caylee was in the plan. IIRC she told the friends that CA was giving her the house and was taking Caylee.

BBM ty I do not recall hearing that (the CA taking Caylee with her part anyway), if that is the case then perhaps the whole household was meant to die. Regardless, I think Caylee was the unwitting test subject for the chloroform as a matter of need and convenience. Aferall, ICA wanted to hook up and there she was saddled with the kiddo. I think Caylee did die in that trunk. And if Casey intended at some point to kill her, I do not think it was meant to happen when it did. Thus the scrambling.

ICA's behavior after Caylee's death reminds me of my own immature teenage behavior when I had broken curfew. The logic was, oh carp, I'm gonna be in big trouble, oh well, might as well have my fun now, gonna be hell to pay later, better make it worthwhile.

Where do the following things fit in?

duct tape
heart sticker
chloroform elements in trunk
playhouse
shovel

The prosecutors are now laying the foundation of the case, but these elements are at the real heart of the matter.

I know we've tried before, but what reasonable scenario is there to tie all these elements together?

snipped from Irish Eyes excellent post upthread

Duct tape to keep Caylee from crying out in fear and panic if she woke prematurely from her "nap" in the trunk.

Heart shaped sticker on the duct tape as a final goodbye from a shocked and discombobulated ICA upon discovering her dead. A pretty shallow signal of remorse but then hey I find ICA to be a pretty shallow seeming person

Chloroform as it was used on Caylee during her stay in the trunk that fateful night.

Playhouse? I got nothin.

Shovel because in panic mode ICA thought perhaps to bury the body then discovered it was hard work to dig a hole big enough to fit even a toddler in.

Thats all I got.

The CAR SEAT, someone help out here, when everyone was in KC's car going around town and smelled nothing, where was the car seat? In the trunk with a dead Caylee? Did KC put it back in the car afterwards, even knowing she would never need it again, remember Caylee has drown. Is that girl sure it was KC's car they were in that night? Also I believe Caylee may have been put in the freezer because CA would be home real soon, I think food was pulled out, Caylee put in, food back on top and KC later came back to place her elsewhere. I know this is awful but if the body was froze, duct taped tightly, and a diaper on, then triple bag, that may have delayed the smell. Someone said if she was in the freezer it would be in the ME report, why? Can they tell? If GA helped at time of death the why the shovel?

Here's my theory...for what it's worth.

ICA had orignally intended for Caylee to have her neck broken after she was dead to make it appear as part of a robbery, her parents were to come home and discover and be overwhelmed by robbers and die in the fight...ICA was there too, she would have the defensive wounds to prove it....except there were no robbers, just her.

I really think she thought she could recreate an episode of CSI and get away with it. But something went wrong after Caylee was already dead.

My pet theory.

I find it strange that CA wanted a divorce, but would have to give GA half the house, at the same time when KC has a plan to get the house. Did KC want to knock off GA , CA would have money(life insurance) to buy a new house in Mt Dora and KC have the old one. Didn't LA and KC joke about GA needing to get a job? I have the feeling GA was not liked much by anyone but Caylee.

Interesting scenario. I've considered a similar hypothesis myself. Yet, why the three years in jail?

I need to reacquaint myself with the duct tape threads, despite how hard that stuff is for my non scientific brain to digest. ynot's linked post seems to suggest tape over eyes, mouth and nose? Has this been divulged by the ME or is this just us postulating where the duct tape was?

Argg, I hate science, so much easier to pick apart people and their motivations than actual evidence. I can already tell, I am gonna be lost come forensics time. :(

BBM ty I do not recall hearing that (the CA taking Caylee with her part anyway), if that is the case then perhaps the whole household was meant to die. Regardless, I think Caylee was the unwitting test subject for the chloroform as a matter of need and convenience. Aferall, ICA wanted to hook up and there she was saddled with the kiddo. I think Caylee did die in that trunk. And if Casey intended at some point to kill her, I do not think it was meant to happen when it did. Thus the scrambling.

ICA's behavior after Caylee's death reminds me of my own immature teenage behavior when I had broken curfew. The logic was, oh carp, I'm gonna be in big trouble, oh well, might as well have my fun now, gonna be hell to pay later, better make it worthwhile.

I do believe that was part of the story, but it is so late I can't find it now. I will try to tomorrow after I finish my History paper. :) I know that if I heard it and didn't dream it, it was in the first 6 months. Way early. When there was the talk about her moving her friend into the house. It's that late that I can't remember who it was. Amy maybe? The whole thing with having her send things, mail, to the house because she was going to live there. That is pretty serious, planwise. That is why I have always thought the computer searches were for all of them. I even wonder about what the plan was with Lee and if he was included, because I hadn't thought about her setting it up to look like a crime. That's good too. I never thought of that because of the divorce story.

But ITA that Caylee died at the wrong time. I have a really hard time believing that KC would not know better than to put a child in a hot car in June in Florida, but who knows. Lately, for some reason I can't explain, I have been really leaning towards her putting her in there with chloroform and expecting to come back and pull out a live Caylee, but that she smoked some pot and/or drank and fell asleep and went out and found her and just panicked and slammed the door and went back in to figure out what to do and just never figured that out and then had a mess on her hands. :( I think that the plan would be that she do Caylee at the same time or after. Say she got sent off to her father.

I think based on this and a few other things that you have posted that we are totally in the same ballpark with our thinking.

ETA: Sorry, tired. The part I was trying to say about Lee and "What the plan was" I should have said was he in the plan to be offed too? He would be asking questions. Other than that, things like taxes and deeds and such, with her living only 2 minutes at a time, I am sure she thought no further than the actual act and what to do about Lee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove