Theories on what happened to Haleigh

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the beginning I have felt Misty knows more than she is telling or she hurt Haleigh, covered it up and is afraid to tell Ron. If it turns out that she was not there that night, there is a good chance that she went out the back door and that would explain why the deadbolt is not broken or the door damaged. She could have been out in the "van" with somebody and needed a blanket for that ride. If she wasn't home and a SO (maybe not registered) someone familar with the dad's work schedule stopped by to see Misty, Haleigh may have opened the back door. The rest would explain the a wet blanket, a shirt she was wearing left behind, a staging of a kidnapper, and a missing child. If Haleigh was dead when Misty returned she may have panicked and had someone help her get rid of the body because she was scared to tell Ron she left the kids alone and one of them was killed in the house. Like I said this is only a theory if Misty left the house.

I think that Misty is definitely hiding something. I don't think we have enough information as to what exactly that is. IMO, she is afraid of her bf more than LE and that is why she has been lying.

I am leaning towards her unknowingly endangering Haleigh's life in some way, due to her immaturity and ingnorance. It may be as simple as her talking to friend in a public place about the kids she watches and her bf's work schedule, or making plans with friends to go out and party while the kids slept. A predator may have overheard or he was even one of the people she was speaking to and was able to map out a perfect opportunity for him to abduct Haleigh because Misty inadvertantly supplied him the knowledge to do so.

My theory, although based on speculation and rumor:

Misty looks 12... it was rumored she was homeless at some point, it is rumored she was on drugs... Therefore I think Misty's young looks caught the attention of an SO (or the SO was somehow related/known to them). Having been on the street possibly, I think she may have been "used to" trading her body for drugs/money/alcohol. (I can't see Ron giving her much spare money to feed any habits she may have had). I think the SO used this to get close to Misty, or used this to get close to his real target, the little girl. I think there are a variety of ways the girl could have disappeared, i.e., Misty wasn't there, she was drunk/drugged up, the SO was there earlier & unlocked door/ or unlocked, taped the locked "open" so that it looked locked but wasn't. Therefore I think analyzing her "misspeaking" or discussing all the nit picky details really doesn't explain or mean as much as some people think, but I do believe all this starts and ends with Misty.

I don't feel Ron had anything, directly, to do with this, other than make a lot of bad choices which probably led us here. But the world is full of people who make bad choices due to the path there life has taken, so my heart is broken for all those involved. (Misty and what sounds like her tragic life, Ron for someone who appeared to be "trying" to take care of his family, albeit in a dysfunctional way, to this little girl who deserved none of this.)

I agree that Misty needs further scrutinization and also agree that Ron, in a dysfunctional way, was trying to take care of his family. I don't know his education or background, but I think, under the circumstances, he was doing the best he knew how to do.

This is my Theory, Bio-mom doesnt really seem to distraught that her child is missing. MC seems like she is hiding something.
I think MC was leaving the in the middle of the night, when the kids went to bed. Someone that knew the Bio mom and dad. Called the Bio-mom and told her these kids were being left at night alone. She figures she will sneak in and have someone take Haleigh while MC is gone. Make it look like a kidnapping. But I dont think they thought about Ron and MC calling the Cops. Now this has gone a little far.
-----------------------------------
I know. The Bio-mom could be hiding something because of no lie-detector test. She could have been very angry at the ex for many things, not the least among them that irresponsible Misty was watching over the kids. Can you imagine the repercussions on her if she masterminded a staged kidnapping to get her daughter back and she's hiding her somewhere? All of the expense, time, manpower, etc. Lord have mercy!

First I thought it was a kidnapping by a friend/relative of Misty's. I DO hope it was the bio-mom because then Haleigh could still be alive and well!

Geez, now I'm gonna have to move all of my theories on the early threads over here.

One theory: Ron or Misty or both, owed big drug money & had no way to pay. It was either forfeit their own life (lives) or give up the little girl to satisfy the debt. They can't implicate the drug thugs (incur their wrath plus incriminate themselves) & so staged the abduction to explain the disappearance.

this is also one of my theories. the other being daddy just decided Haleigh was just gonna be a huge burden on him as far as having an expensive life long condition, not being able to afford proper care, etc. I'm 80% thinking daddy arranged to get rid of Haleigh and I think minor child gf does not have a clue about this but is being set up by daddy to take the fall.

I do not really 100% believe she left because I think family would have spoke anon to the police by now. I do believe a person may not wake up in less than 30 secs from a dead sleep. LOL my three year old came in my room in the middle of the night, had her eyeball 1 inch from my face and I did not wake up. I wonder how long she watched me... I only woke up because she said.. mommy. Yeah, someone could come in my house take my child.. be in and out in less than 30 seconds and I might not wake up. Would she wake up.. heck no.. you could take her to disneyland and back in the middle of the night and she not wake up!!!

I think we need to do a test to see how many SECONDS long it takes to open your front door, walk to the nearest room swiftly pick up something.. walk to the back door and walk out.

(bold mine) Agree w bolded above. This is the flaw in Scenario 1 in my post. And as described in Scenario 2, I too totally believe that once an easy, quiet escape path had been planned and prepared, the amount of time needed once inside the premises could have easily been under one minute. It is a small trailer. I did this in well under a minute... searching lower level only, while assuming and pretending I'd no idea which room or where I was going... JMO

:parrot:

I am of the conclusion this morning that I don't really know anymore today than i did the first day and it is frustrating to say the least that there is a little girl out there somewhere that could be alive counting on someone to find her but because LE is holding everything so close to their vest and not releasing any information, trying to build a case I'm afraid, we are left spinning our wheels therefore absolutely no help at all to Hayleigh. None.

Jessica disappeared 2/24/05 and is believed to have been buried alive on 2/27/05 after having been held capitive and raped in his pigsty of a pathetic excuse for a home (which burned to the ground, PRAISE GOD yesterday!!!). James Couey, the who committed the crime was arrested in Augusta, GA on 3/17/05. He confessed on 3/18/05 and the body was officially found on 3/19/05. Thus, you are looking at roughly a three week time period between when little Jessica was abducted and when the named Couey was arrested.

This case is creepily like Jessica's case....that is why I am DESPERATE to know that EVERY home has been thoroughly searched! Jessica was right next door in a closet for at least 2 days before being buried alive! That is just the worst possible situation for a victim to endure; and for LE to know they have overlooked! AGHHH!!! God, if I were in Florida, I would probably be arrested for breaking into all of the homes in Haleigh's neighborhood.....isn't that horrible? It is too easy to get over zealous..... but that is not as bad as being over complacent IMHO.

And what's creepier is the missing SO has an MO of exactly that. B&E into trailers and molesting little girls. Surprised he isn't even being called POI... just don't wanna scare him off? JMO

Dad left for work by 5. An 8 hour shift (9 with a lunch) would have him off by 2. Work was 12 miles away.

HI DEBS :wave: Glad to have your help here! Dad and others have indicated he worked a "12 hour shift." Maybe that means he was assigned or able to be paid for twelve hours but didn't always work that many. Eg the Monday nite in question, he claims to have left, after picking up Haleigh from busstop about 3:45, so presumably reported for work no later than 5 as you say. Had he worked thru, this wouldn't be 12 hours, would be closer to ten and nine once we allow for an hour break. He'd been assigned to nite shift just five weeks prior. So was it his custom to pick up Haleigh after school at this time (preventing him from working the full twelve hours) or was gf doing this on most days but dropped the ball that day... many questions... JMO :confused:

This is my Theory, Bio-mom doesnt really seem to distraught that her child is missing. MC seems like she is hiding something.
I think MC was leaving the in the middle of the night, when the kids went to bed. Someone that knew the Bio mom and dad. Called the Bio-mom and told her these kids were being left at night alone. She figures she will sneak in and have someone take Haleigh while MC is gone. Make it look like a kidnapping. But I dont think they thought about Ron and MC calling the Cops. Now this has gone a little far.

Have ruled out bio mom cuz I don't think she's gonna just rescue one, and leave poor Jr. and because Haleigh could easily divulge everything.

The answers are with Misty. If she left and came back and found Haleigh dead (drugs laying around) or if she came back and did something in anger, that IDK. She called her brother, Haleigh was taken to the van in Misty's blanket. Brother disposed of the "problem". Her statement of "the van they took", was a big slip. I am on the fence about what Ron knows, but I am leaning toward he knows or suspects a lot.

It's questionable whether bro is complicit even to extent of lying to investigators re his sister's whereabouts that nite or visit from his sister, but lying to avoid implicating his sister is one thing, I have a harder time believing he's in this up to his eyeballs w hiding corpse and the whole nine. I dunno... that's in pretty deep kwim? JMO :waitasec:

Here's another theory I thought about. I wonder if the police have checked on any female neighbors, relatives, acquaintances that don't have or are unable to have children of their own? Perhaps someone like this could have "rescued" Haleigh from an unfit home and is caring for her somewhere else. It could be a distant acquaintance or neighbor who has been quietly watching the home situation and feels strongly for Haleigh's safety/well-being. Just an idea to throw out there...

I am of the conclusion this morning that I don't really know anymore today than i did the first day and it is frustrating to say the least that there is a little girl out there somewhere that could be alive counting on someone to find her but because LE is holding everything so close to their vest and not releasing any information, trying to build a case I'm afraid, we are left spinning our wheels therefore absolutely no help at all to Hayleigh. None.

For real. And you probably said all of that in one breath.

For me LE is saying:

we don't know we have so many options
we know and we're hot on the trail

Hope it's the latter, because she has sure been gone a long time...

I feel that Misty is responsible only in that she was not alert or attentive to the children during that evening. She appears to me to be a passive girl with not alot of self confidence , and also not use to thinking for herself. Misty seems to have a history of being victimized and not having roots. The situation with the boyfriend probably seems ideal to her.
She defends that she was home that evening http://www.fox30online.com/content/...roslin-Speaks-Out/S6tHGGMFp0OZfPGkzJ4_pg.cspx but "I was over-exhausted. I was real tired. I had a long weekend," she said."

I am inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt here and hope that her recollections of the evening are disjointed and fuzzy because of fatigue.

The screen on the back door could have indeed been propped open in order to give an intruder unencumbered access to the lock on the main back door. Once inside, it would have been quick access to the sleeping Haleigh. I do hope that Haleigh is found soon, alive. I am not sure of the link, but did the dogs not trail past a shed with an open door, could this have been where the perp hid until lights out in the trailer? This area provides lots of bush for cover as well for someone to have been watching the family. Perhaps Misty was his original target even as she is very young looking but upon gaining entrance to the trailer the perpetrator took the easier victim, Haleigh.

I had originally thought that perhaps the back door was propped open in order to facilitate Misty carrying Haleigh out that way. Misty is of slight stature and carrying a five year old would be difficult. She would not have been able to carry her far. Perhaps only to the dock, where she could have weighed her down with another cinder block to sink in to the mud bottom. Shudder.

Long post, but my mind is reeling and I so hope for a positive outcome for Haleigh. May she be found, alive, and soon.

Ron didn't have anything to do with this... he went to work, and has been checked out.
The fact that he immediately thought a guy took Haleigh is not so strange... he might be aware of the SO's living in that area, and just recalling the other cases of female child abduction.
Bio mom didn't have anything to do with this... if she was going to take one child, she would have taken BOTH. She IS upset, and she did agree to take a LDT, but it has not been done yet... that's up to LE to get it done. She did not refuse and that's the main point.
Not sure about Misty, but my gut instinct is she did not do anything deliberately, other than maybe leaving the kids alone while she slipped off for a while. She might be just scared to talk now, for facing Ron's wrath.
I am NOT going to theorize with the presumption that the child is dead, we don't know that yet. It's not looking good, but there is still hope.
Btw, just hitting or slapping a child will not kill them immediately. It would take a really hard blow to the head with a blunt object, OR knocking a child down onto a rock and their head hitting in just the right spot to kill them. Kids are very resilient for a reason. Every one of my boys have accidentally hit their heads pretty hard at one time or another, and it didn't kill them. My oldest even fell and hit his head in the very same place, about three weeks apart. Caused a huge knot on his forehead and probably a zinger of a headache, but he was okay. For Misty to have killed Haleigh by just hitting her a few times, would have required hitting her with something pretty hard and there would have been some blood, probably. Or, if it was outside, they would have found blood or some signs of that happening when they searched around there. And she would have been arrested by now.
I am going with the idea that some SO took her, but either Misty was passed out from drugs or drinking, or she was not in the house when it happened. The truth will come out sooner or later.

In one of Misty's interviews or was it the 911 call :waitasec: Misty says "somebody bricked the door"...don't know about you guys, but I said to myself what the heck does that mean? Somebody threw a brick at the door?

She said it so quickly and so matter of fact that it seemed to me to be something she was familiar with. Has she ever been asked if they ever used a cinderblock to prop the door? If so, I bet she or Ron "bricked" it...

Maybe "bricking" a door is something a lot of people do but do they call it that? I call it "propping" the door open...

Personally, I don't think Misty had anything to do with the actual disappearance but I do believe she is not telling all - probably about her own activities. At 17 I don't think she realizes that clearing herself by telling the truth is more important than making Ronnie baby mad! :rolleyes:

HI COCOA :wave: Yes, it is odd. Gf appears familiar w both term--and practice--of "bricking." Further agree gf may well have more fear of dad than LE (reminds me of KC w more fear of mom, evidently, than LE). Yet dad is unaware, allegedly, of there even being cinderblocks on the property? :waitasec: This lends credence to the idea IMO that it could have been gf who staged "bricking." The only scenario in my mind in which gf needs to create impression of an intruder tho implicates her directly--one in which there IS no intruder, ie her negligence causes worse scenario, and where she needs some way in which to stage an abduction. :( That of course would entail disposing of Haleigh tho, the part I have trouble envisioning her having both the ability to dispose of corpse, and cunning to totally finesse LE, FBI etc. Remember too, if gf needed help (which seems inevitable) in disposal this suggests her bro eg is complicit too which means the acting skills would have to run in the family..? JMO :confused:

This video makes me more suspicious of him than anything else. He talks over six minutes and does not even mention Haleigh by name. It is my child or my daughter. He emphasizes that he was at work. His crying sounds more like he has been drinking than actual crying. Something about this man doesn't ring right with me. I think both of them know what happened. I didn't listen to the whole video this time, but I think it is the same one I listened to a few days ago.

Wonder if he'd been smokin somethin or stopped off for a beer after getting off work and arriving home that nite? Sems like his distress could be genuine, but he also sounds messed up, ie under the influence of something. JMO

Reannan,PLEASE CALL LE !
....as for bio-mom,IMO she has nothing to do with this ,she seems too strung out and wouldn't care....

I agree. I read some remarks about her planning this in order to get custody, however I am of the opinion that A.) she does not want custody and
B.) if she did, I really don't believe that she is bright enough to conceive this elaborate plan to win back custody nor would she need to; it would be much easier for her to bring up her ex's drug history and the fact that the children are left the care of a minor.

I know--Ron, Misty and Crystal seem like they are all under the influence of some substance, IMO.

The thing I don't get is why LE is: a) not telling the public b) not picking up on that

OR, LE is excusing this because:

a) they all talk real slow 'cause they do everything slow and it would not be right to criticize due to 1) lack of education 2) cultural differences

b) they are all in shock

Weird... I typed it correctly the first time and then totally messed it up the last time.... Time for me to call it a night.

I am thinking that he bumped the FRONT DOOR and then unlocked the back door and walked out... leaving it wide open as reported by MC.

Ok... LOL.. I am going to shut out my lights and go outside. Come in and go straight to the bedroom, pick up a large stuffed animal, walk out the back door and then check my stop watch.

( hope I do not wake up the hubby.. I might look a little weird bumbling through the house with a large stuffed animal and going out the back door.)

I started outside in the dark, used the key to unlock door, went through the living room to my daughter's bedroom and then picked up the big bear that is almost child size carried it out the garage door on the OTHER SIDE of the house and it took less than 30 secs!!

This was around midnite, 4 hours after my daughter went to bed and 1 hour after my husband went to bed.
After the TEST, I went into the master bedroom proceeded to stubbed my toe and jam my finger. THEN I SAID A DIRTY WORD LOUDLY Please note that HUBBY DID NOT WAKE UP!! I turned on the lamp and sat on the bed.
I asked hubby if they heard any thing in the house last night and he said no and then asked "When did you come to bed?"

So.. can someone steal a child laying 4 feet from you at night... I say yes it is VERY Possible and they can do it in 30 secs.

PS.. I was laying in bed the other night with my laptop, and I decided to come to WS. Hubby was sleeping next to me. As I logged, in I forgot to SHUT OFF MY SOUND and the VIDEO on the front page BLARED about the "crime scene place" OMG, that did not even wake him up! I hate the video that alerts him to me logging into WS!!!

Ok.. Te

In one of Misty's interviews or was it the 911 call :waitasec: Misty says "somebody bricked the door"...don't know about you guys, but I said to myself what the heck does that mean? Somebody threw a brick at the door?

She said it so quickly and so matter of fact that it seemed to me to be something she was familiar with. Has she ever been asked if they ever used a cinderblock to prop the door? If so, I bet she or Ron "bricked" it...

Maybe "bricking" a door is something a lot of people do but do they call it that? I call it "propping" the door open...

Personally, I don't think Misty had anything to do with the actual disappearance but I do believe she is not telling all - probably about her own activities. At 17 I don't think she realizes that clearing herself by telling the truth is more important than making Ronnie baby mad! :rolleyes:

Brick the door could be a southern expression, we also "cut on the lights" down here..

JMO

I started outside in the dark, used the key to unlock door, went through the living room to my daughter's bedroom and then picked up the big bear that is almost child size carried it out the garage door on the OTHER SIDE of the house and it took less than 30 secs!!

This was around midnite, 4 hours after my daughter went to bed and 1 hour after my husband went to bed.
After the TEST, I went into the master bedroom proceeded to stubbed my toe and jam my finger. THEN I SAID A DIRTY WORD LOUDLY Please note that HUBBY DID NOT WAKE UP!! I turned on the lamp and sat on the bed.
I asked hubby if they heard any thing in the house last night and he said no and then asked "When did you come to bed?"

So.. can someone steal a child laying 4 feet from you at night... I say yes it is VERY Possible and they can do it in 30 secs.

PS.. I was laying in bed the other night with my laptop, and I decided to come to WS. Hubby was sleeping next to me. As I logged, in I forgot to SHUT OFF MY SOUND and the VIDEO on the front page BLARED about the "crime scene place" OMG, that did not even wake him up! I hate the video that alerts him to me logging into WS!!!

Ok.. Te
I did the same thing last night.

My husband laid down with my son to get him asleep. I waited until my husband was sound asleep. I put a big coat on and hat. I went in there to pick up my son and leave the room. I picked my son up he did not wake up i was half away off the bed with him when my husband jumped up and grabbed my arm. He did say a few choice words to me. told me know nobody was taking my son. I just did because he said he would wake up if somebody tried. My husband is a very hard sleeper and he woke up, My son never made a sound slept through the whole thing. I might never get a good night sleep again. geez my son is 4 1/2. I dont think it would of worked if i was stranger becouse my dogs would of barked there heads off. Maybe everybody that has kids should have 2 or 3 dogs that bark when anybody walks through the door

I did the same thing last night.

My husband laid down with my son to get him asleep. I waited until my husband was sound asleep. I put a big coat on and hat. I went in there to pick up my son and leave the room. I picked my son up he did not wake up i was half away off the bed with him when my husband jumped up and grabbed my arm. He did say a few choice words to me. told me know nobody was taking my son. I just did because he said he would wake up if somebody tried. My husband is a very hard sleeper and he woke up, My son never made a sound slept through the whole thing. I might never get a good night sleep again. geez my son is 4 1/2. I dont think it would of worked if i was stranger becouse my dogs would of barked there heads off. Maybe everybody that has kids should have 2 or 3 dogs that bark when anybody walks through the door

I think we can safely say at this point there is a 50% chance that someone in the same room would wake up. Keep in mind, I was not taking my child from her father slept.. could be a different story. I will also agree. DOGS WOULD MAKE THE DIFFERENCE!

I can't believe I am posting this, but I have to get this "out there" somehow. I have dreams sometimes that have premonitions or that contain information about things that have already occurred but that I could not possibly know. I have been very interested in this case, so I went to sleep last night receptive to the possibility of dreaming something about this case. I had a dream from the perspective of an SO, who assaulted a female child with somebody else present (not much detail to this scene -- it was one of those dreams where incidents are just generalized, not seen in any detail, and I don't have any information on who the other person was). Then, the dream shifted to a very vivid discovery that I (still the SO) had 6 toes -- in the dream I was panic-stricken over this, and counted them many times to be sure.

Most of my psychic dreams have some sort of "marker" to them -- meaning that within the dream, there is something mundane, which then happens within a couple of days. In this dream, there was a mundane "marker" -- something that only happens in my day-to-day life every 6 months or so -- and it came true this very morning (it was nothing that would have any connection to the Haleigh case, though -- just involved running into somebody in my dream, and then running into that person this morning, and it's somebody I rarely see and it was a complete coincidence to see them today). My gut instincts tell me that, like my other dream "markers" this was just a signal to me that the rest of the dream has deeper significance.

Anyone know how to remember more about a dream?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paintedhousecat