Theory Thread #2 - What happened at Pistorius' house on the night of Feb. 13, 2013?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just hours from the beginning of the reading of Judge Masipa's verdict, I can't help but think what OP must be going through. I am not one to side with him at all, I think he is completely guilty. But I can just imagine him shuddering with fear of the world know knowing what actually happened that night. Does anyone think that Masipa will give her "theory" of what transpired that night, or will it just be a run down of "yes, I believed this and this that this person said, and no I didn't believe what this person said. Here is my verdict, the end".

I really hope that it is not the case, and that Masipa will lay out her version of what transpired that night!!!

Isn't it time to start the VERDICT thread?

Must be a strange and scary feeling being OP right now. He knows his fate is already decided and there is nothing he can do about it

Seriously?
That's disgusting and disturbing. Regardless of someone's guilt or innocence, that you like the thought of someone as a sex slave is horrific. Clearly you have no idea what that actually entails or you would never think that.

I am gob-smacked such an offensive and perverse comment is still on the thread even in reply mode. In any event, absolutely agreed. Disgusting and horrific. How what appears to be a female, sadly the gender only too often the victim of such vile abuse, can even say in bravado they "like" the thought of someone being forced to be a "sex slave", i.e. being repeatedly raped and violated, whether they be female or male and whatever they may have done, is abhorrent and places the wisher on the same level as those that commit such crimes.

Just hours from the beginning of the reading of Judge Masipa's verdict, I can't help but think what OP must be going through. I am not one to side with him at all, I think he is completely guilty. But I can just imagine him shuddering with fear of the world know knowing what actually happened that night. Does anyone think that Masipa will give her "theory" of what transpired that night, or will it just be a run down of "yes, I believed this and this that this person said, and no I didn't believe what this person said. Here is my verdict, the end".

I really hope that it is not the case, and that Masipa will lay out her version of what transpired that night!!!

From the Time article it could take two days.,.shes gonna explain everything!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peeps, I think things are getting out of hand. A change of topic would be a good idea IMO.

:judge:

Due to all the "dramatics" Oscar has exhibited in court (covering ears, crying violently, vomiting in bucket, etc), and his lack of ability to accept responsibility for his actions, I can't help but fear a bizarre "ending" such as this (or something along these lines):

Thursday, 9/11 Oscar shows up as expected in court.

Friday, for final summation of verdict, no Oscar. Defense team advises court that Oscar is missing. Since Pistorius family does not want fingers pointed their way for aiding Oscar's "get away", they will have an elaborate "tale" of something taking place, which was out of their control. Also (this part very important), their story will not necessarily indicate that Oscar shamefully fled. The "tale" will be creative & leave room for the Pistorius fans to sympathize & sigh, "poor Oscar".

EXAMPLE:
Uncle Arnold advises defense team that the Pistorius clan woke up to find Oscar gone & a note (written like a suicide note) left on the table. He will tell DT that no clothes taken (just clothes on his back) and no other personal items taken like cell phone, money, etc. Certainly a framed photo or two of Reeva will be missing. His note states he can't go on without her. He hates himself for the terrible "accident" / "mistake" he caused that morning, leading to her death. He thinks everyone would be better off with him gone from this Earth, etc etc (including a few key scriptures quoted throughout). This will leave room for some to believe OP, down & out, killed himself. That he did NOT flee, like a coward. And of course, the Pistorius clan are blind sided by all this, have no idea where he is or where he went to take his life. They are devastated.

Of course. Much like his testimony, no one will believe it (except maybe Aimee).

If OP found guilty of murder, he will flee IMO. But I am expecting something more along these lines, as OP will try to save face (in his eyes) as not being just your run of the mill, fleeing convicted murderer.
. . . or maybe I just have a vivid imagination (too many Hollywood movies). :abduction:

Did anyone else notice this massive slip-up of OP during his testimony?? Nel didn't even notice, and never jumped on this!!!

Oscar Pistorius Trial: Monday 14 April 2014, Session 3
Watch the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_hle5shsDY

Crucial moment: at 16m52s to 17m03s in the video
Advocate Nel: "Why would you scream, why would you scream out?"
Oscar Pistorius: "I was scared… I wanted to ask Reeva why she's phoning the police…"

Hi and :welcome: Apples, yep we noticed, what a doozy, the truth seeped out and he couldn't contain it.

Love your name btw, :giggle:

Originally Posted by vansleuths
Thanks for sharing this article. There are a number of points made that seem to suggest that Pistorius may not face real justice and this has been my concern all along. Here are a couple of points I took out of the article.

1. The centre remains his destination unless Roux can persuade the authorities he is a suicide risk and get him mental health care at the local psychiatric institute, Weskoppies.

2. How Oscar navigates this environment will be the sum of the clout of his relatives, friends in high places and the pleadings of defence advocate Barry Roux.

3. In South Africa, there is no equal justice - it's who you know and how well you know them.

4. For someone who has achieved sporting fame - and with it financial success - can secure special care in prison.

5. What happens after sentencing will attest to the strings the Pistorius family and Roux with his knowledge of 'the system' can pull.

6. The trick is to appease the public in providing a seemingly severe sentence but ensure that this is darkly prefaced by dangers of death threats, suicide and ill health.

7. Threats of suicide are common as last ditch calls from the many wealthy accused in South African docks with prison breathing down their necks. The offender then gets to be placed in a safe cell and transferred to a good advocate (in this case Roux)... then early parole. Men who get to be parolled often join the speaker circuit and make big bucks after a miraculous health recovery talking on their great mistakes and the pearls of wisdom they acquired which they are willing to dispense.

LOL!!! Do you have links to support any of that stuff?! Hmm, hmm, hmm... Why not just put forth and stand by the possibility that he will be acquitted on all charges and then he will regain his unjustly lost fame, fortune, and public admiration? At least that is a genuine possibility, albeit an astronomically remote possibility. All of these posts that seek to minimize what OP will be experiencing very soon have become tiresomely predictable and have little if any value. My two cents.

read the article from the link quoted upthread.

The article is based on the view of South African DR DENISE BJORKMAN is a South African clinical psychologist and human rights lawyer who works with the country's eight main prisons
Bjorkman has presumably "seen it all" ( or at least more than any of us when it comes to SA prisons) and is presumably hoping that the OP trial will shine a light on the conditions in SA prisons for your average inmate- no doubt she finds those conditions "tiresomely predictable" but not very LOL. I doubt she is a Pistorian.

She sounds rather cynical and realistic and is explaining how the rich, influential inmate can still wangle preferential terms for themselves. If it's already happened in some famous cases we can't be so sure that it won't happen with OP. Let's hope not - but there are some cautionary tales there.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ves-lie-wait-hes-convicted.html#ixzz3CyQd7isS
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I am gob-smacked such an offensive and perverse comment is still on the thread even in reply mode. In any event, absolutely agreed. Disgusting and horrific. How what appears to be a female, sadly the gender only too often the victim of such vile abuse, can even say in bravado they "like" the thought of someone being forced to be a "sex slave", i.e. being repeatedly raped and violated, whether they be female or male and whatever they may have done, is abhorrent and places the wisher on the same level as those that commit such crimes.

I agree, prisoners are in jail to pay for their crimes and hopefully make a vow to themselves and society not to break the law again once they are released. I am sickened by the rapes that occur in jail, how are these men or women learning anything about civility?
While incarcerated they should be given drugs to cut the libido to nothing and in house violence dealt with appropriately. JMO

Back to the program. :D

m_140410tt.jpg

Nothing more than what I've said to pretty much everyone I've ever cared about(Mom, Dad, brothers, aunts, uncles, cousins, good friends, old bf's and gf's, my cats ... "I love you." Note there's no hearts, just 3 kisses and a grin...

From everything we've read about what RS was like, I can't see her not saying that in a Valentine card to anyone she felt compelled to give one to, even if it was going to be the only one she planned to share with them.
View attachment 58567

What I found strange, was he "said" he waited until her birthday (which was 6 months down the road) to open the gift & card. I call BS. The "love of your life", according to you - maybe the next "Mrs. Pistorius" and you wait 6 months to open the card, her last words to you? And to see the last thing she picked out for you? Wouldn't you want to see what it was, what she wrote? Possibly use it or look at it daily (depending on what it was). Keep it close? (I understand not ripping it open immediately, or in front of anyone - I would want to be alone.) But 6 months, saving it for her birthday....???? Sounds orchestrated to me.

Then he makes a big deal, tells everyone he is opening it...."on Reeva's birthday". But how embarrassing was that? That little announcement & "orchestrated" moment just backfired. Cuz hey, it wasn't even Reeva's birthday. You were off by 10 days. Oops...!!! (Kind of makes you look like an idiot. At the very least, a lousy boyfriend.) I bet Reeva knew when your birthday was OP.

This is driving me crazy. When I listened to this the last time I picked it up too and went racing downstairs to tell my husband that I had just picked up something amazing. Without telling him what it was, I asked him to come and listen and tell me what he heard. He heard "I wanted to ask Reeva why - if she's phoning the police". I couldn't tell you how many times we listened to it. I've just listened again and again with the volume turned right up. Now I don't know. All I can say is that I can't imagine Nel would have missed that because that was the whole point of his question, "Why would you scream?"

Had it been at all significant if not Nel one of the prosecution team would have flagged it up for him so he could jump on it. I also listened to it many times on a loop and at different speeds, and IMO OP clearly says "I wanted to ask Reeva why... if she's phoning the police" and not "why IS she phoning the police". I also noticed there is a pause between 'why' and 'if', so my take is that OP was about to say, "I wanted to ask Reeva why she hasn't phoned the police" but coming shortly after Nel had repeatedly accused him of blaming everyone else and his first idea would sound like he was blaming Reeva for not phoning, he changed sentence midstream to soften it. IMO it should be written with suspension dots to indicate both an unfinished sentence and the pause, i.e. "I wanted to ask Reeva, why... If she's phoning the police." But even if I am wrong and OP meant "why was she phoning the police" Nel would have no chance of proving that anyway. And further, if it's not mentioned in the judgement imo that would show that neither assessors nor Masipa saw it as significant either so little point thinking about it. JMHO

Ola Danny ‏@Haysmart 4 Min.

Ray Rice video sparks massive Twitter conversation with #WhyIStayed and #WhyILeft http://goo.gl/fb/Mb2kQt
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
Everyone should read the powerful stories of abuse and survival in #whyistayed and #whyileft

Updated by Alex Abad-Santos on September 8, 2014, 10:11 p.m. ET alex@vox.com

http://www.vox.com/2014/9/8/6124703...htags-are-the-most-powerful-things-youll-read

I can't even read the tweets.

Reading headlines alone is enough to do it.

I certainly can't watch "Ray Price" videos.

The memories come flooding back.

After 38 years, my heart starts pounding, my breathing speeds up, my stomach gets knots, my mind starts to race with scenes from my past.

That kind of life-or-death fear ... TERROR ... never really leaves you.

It brands your psyche and spirit.

It changes you.

Domestic violence is a special kind of hell on earth that those who've never personally experienced it cannot truly imagine.

Like me, Reeva Steenkamp thought she was safe in her home, safe with the man who loved her.

She was not ... and he did not.

Unlike her, I somehow survived the mental abuse, the assaults and death threats.

I'm only alive today because I left and disappeared from his life. What a baptism of fire at age 21.

Time obviously lessens the actual physical and mental traumas, but each day of your life, your subconscious works silently, diligently, to keep the raw memories at bay. Mostly, it's very successful.

Sometimes though, no matter how hard you try, no matter how many years pass ... a movie, a place, a photo, a person, a name, a song ... powerful memories escape to torment, till you once again force them into a dark box, under lock and key.

I could so very easily have become a Reeva Steenkamp.

:gday:

2:08pm here. For fellow Aussies Foxtel channel 648 is now broadcasting SA channel ENCA live so tune in now.

I can't even read the tweets.

Reading headlines alone is enough to do it.

I certainly can't watch "Ray Price" videos.

The memories come flooding back.

After 38 years, my heart starts pounding, my breathing speeds up, my stomach gets knots, my mind starts to race with scenes from my past.

That kind of life-or-death fear ... TERROR ... never really leaves you.

It brands your psyche and spirit.

It changes you.

Domestic violence is a special kind of hell on earth that those who've never personally experienced it cannot truly imagine.

Like me, Reeva Steenkamp thought she was safe in her home, safe with the man who loved her.

She was not ... and he did not.

Unlike her, I somehow survived the mental abuse, the assaults and death threats.

I'm only alive today because I left and disappeared from his life. What a baptism of fire at age 21.

Time obviously lessens the actual physical and mental traumas, but each day of your life, your subconscious works silently, diligently, to keep the raw memories at bay. Mostly, it's very successful.

Sometimes though, no matter how hard you try, no matter how many years pass ... a movie, a place, a photo, a person, a name, a song ... powerful memories escape to torment, till you once again force them into a dark box, under lock and key.

I could so very easily have become a Reeva Steenkamp.

A smell...

Btw, I keep meaning to check back and find out if the conversation we had about how trauma imprints itself regarding OP's selective memory was before he came up with that comment in court about waking up to the smell of blood..

Anyway, kudos to all those who got out and hugs to the families of those who didn't, I hope RS's foundation will be a roaring success!

For what it's worth, I can't find their original comment anymore so it appears to have been removed.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back