Theory Thread - What happened at Pistorius' house on the night of Feb. 13, 2013?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree the timing is likely for sympathy but I believe he would have sold the house regardless. He was looking to sell the house before the shooting to move to Johannesburg
After such an incident you would not think he could ever live there again .
:)

No, I can't imagine anyone would want to live there again! I was just alluding to the heavy PR spin (imo) that he was going broke paying for his defense...

Even if, & that's a big IF, he's going broke I'm certain there is lucrative work waiting for him at Uncle Arnold's conglomerate.

:)

The cynic in me suspects part of that is a ploy for sympathy...

Most of that makes me think it's a ploy for sympathy. Uncle Arnold and the other brothers (apart from OP's dad) are absolutely loaded. Between them they could pay off these lawyers and it would probably hurt their pockets a little bit so I doubt OP is having to leave himself homeless in order to pay for his legal fees.

BBM

Hi Liesbeth... just wanted to correct the bolded item above. The double tap story was actually changed when Dr. Botha (the Defense pathologist) was on the stand. Here are my notes:

Roux has one item to correct for the court... He acknowledges that during his cross-examination of Mangena that he put on record there was a double tap shooting. But directly after adjournment that day, he was informed that he had gotten the version incorrect. It wasn’t double tap it was actually rapid succession. Roux says to put this on him, it was his mistake.

Nel gets up and says that he is totally surprised by what Roux had to say about the double tap. Roux had previously stated that was Oscar’s version when Mangena was up and there have been several witnesses (six) since Mangena testified. This was the first that the State is hearing about their change in versions.

Nel had just finished cross-examining Botha on the double-tap version but in light of the Defense changing their version to rapid succession, Nel wanted to be able to cross-examine Botha using that detail. The Judge grants his additional cross-examination.

You are absolutely correct. It was Botha and not Dixon. Thank you.

Does anyone have a picture of the front door with the keys in it?

You know, I have wondered this also.There is no top sheet which seems odd for a warm climate. The duvet almost looks empty which I find peculiar.

I may be wrong, but I grew up in Australia and "top sheets" are not common. I know in the US it's common to put a top sheet under the duvet, but in Aust and even here in Europe it's not something that is done at all.

Maybe it's like this in SA. I have spent some time there and did not come across a top sheet..

BBM: Absolutely. Me too.

Your graphics, not just these but all of them, made the events so much more real for me. Much easier, after I've seen your images, to imagine what happened that night. And it is chilling.

Thank you again.

Would it be possible to repost the original images? I've not seen them and would really like to. Thanks.

I tried different filters on the photos and this one seems to show the details the best.

4hp74n.jpg

14j9teq.jpg

16lmmo3.jpg

Hi Screecher and thanks :)

Paranoid personality disorder, narcissistic personality disorder, grandiosity, and a pinch of inferiority complex.

Again I do not think that he meets the diagnostic criteria of any disorder or complex, (nor would I have any way of knowing if he did) I think he shows certain traits that are found in people that do have those disorders or complex.

I have said it before and I’ll say it again, I find his mind a labyrinth of fascinating and complex enigmas. Here is a man sitting before a judge battling for his life and he refuses to admit that he mistakenly fired a gun in a restaurant. I believe he is dull but not an idiot, intellectually he has to know that the judge will not accept this physical impossibility. Yet there is something internal, emotionally that will not allow him to accept this charge. It can’t be that Roux told him it would be good for his defense, he has to have been counseled that it would be bad for his defense, yet he persists in this childlike denial.

He reminds me of a toddler who puts his hands over his eyes and says, “You can’t see me.”

IMO he had no business owning a firearm but at this point that is neither here or there.

Hi Carmelita, I've just joined the group after spending a long time reading most of the posts. It's wonderful to be able to discuss this case with intelligent people.
Your comments above about the childlike denial reminds me of the couple of years I spent with an undercover cop. He infiltated drug smuggling cells. Anyway, he really spent time trying to teach me 3 words : denial denial denial. Apparently, the basic human will eventually question him/herself if confronted with enough denial. Even an event that you eye witnesses, if confronted with enough denial, you will start to question yourself.
Since the cross, all I can hear is denial denial denial.
So much denial that even OP believes his own story.

I think she was alive and locked in the toilet between the first and the second set of shots.
She had to purposely leave a clue.

I took that last picture I posted and flipped it upside down. It gives you a better view of where Reeva was. Look very closely at where the toilet seat lid connects to the toilet seat. Is that a letter "H"

2n7h5cm.jpg

2emheeo.jpg

I think she was alive and locked in the toilet between the first and the second set of shots.
She had to purposely leave a clue.

I took that last picture I posted and flipped it upside down. It gives you a better view of where Reeva was. Look very closely at where the toilet seat lid connects to the toilet seat. Is that a letter "H"

2n7h5cm.jpg

2emheeo.jpg

I cannot see it sorry.
IMO the jeans out the window were her way of leaving a clue.

If anyone wants me to apply that filter to a specific picture send me a PM. It only takes me about 10 seconds to do it.

Him shouting for help. Has this explanation been suggested before?
That is a game-changer if true, would mean he thought up the intruder story moments before he shot her. :frown:

To your first query: I don't know.

To the second: So why is she screaming in such a 'blood curdling' fashion? She's behind a door so can't see what he has in his hands.

So her terror is due to either her seeing his gun prior to her closing the toilet door? or she heard him *advertiser censored* it? or he told her what he was going to do?

The latter is the more risky or outlandish theory, but someone else posited the theory that the male shouts for help are him 'taking the pxxs' out of her cries for help. As ask yourself another question: he's sneaking up on a burgular, why is he shouting for help prior to the shots?

I don't know the answers either: I'm hoping other posters who know the case better will curb or correct.

To your first query: I don't know.

To the second: So why is she screaming in such a 'blood curdling' fashion? She's behind a door so can't see what he has in his hands.

So her terror is due to either her seeing his gun prior to her closing the toilet door? or she heard him *advertiser censored* it? or he told her what he was going to do?

The latter is the more risky or outlandish theory, but someone else posited the theory that the male shouts for help are him 'taking the pxxs' out of her cries for help. As ask yourself another question: he's sneaking up on a burgular, why is he shouting for help prior to the shots?

I don't know the answers either: I'm hoping other posters who know the case better will curb or correct.

There was no second query :confused:

I was suggesting that another interpretation of him shouting for help before he shot her was to strengthen his story that he thought there was an intruder.

Thank you homegirl, it really brings it home and helps to better understand the differences DT vs PT. DT version looks, unfortunate..bad luck...must have been an accident of mistaken identity...hmmm
The PT version shows exactly what it was, cold blooded murder. What a horrific way to spend her last minutes poor Reeva.
Good to get a better understanding why all the fuss about the mag rack. Just another OP fabrication to support his testimony.

There was no second query :confused:

I was suggesting that another interpretation of him shouting for help before he shot her was to strengthen his story that he thought there was an intruder.
Hi
I meant the second part/line of the post, not query.

BIB. Yes... maybe. And that would make this a pre-meditated act.

I believe his shouts for help are a big red flag. If you believe he shot her purposely, then his shouts for help prior to the gunshots are hard to explain.

Another 'red flag' is the dented bath panel. What would bashing your own bath panel get you? I can only think of it giving you a loud bang ... and that bashing that could replicate gunshots. I can't think of another reason why anyone would need to hit that during an argument, anyone?

To answer myself; if done prior to the gunshots they may scare RS, if done after the shots they may imitate the shots and fool any witnesses as to timing. I always wondered why the family/manager/etc were called first? Was it to remove a silencer from the premises? OP didn't call the police that night did he?

I cannot see it sorry.
IMO the jeans out the window were her way of leaving a clue.

The 'H'? One of the uprights on the lid by the crease, the other is paralel to it on the seat and the '-' connecting them is barely perceptable. Correct?

Re: the jeans. A clue? Whithout being nasty, what would her jeans in the garden say?

I'm more inclined to think it was RS waving them out of the window to draw attention to herself? It is either that or she was thinking of exiting the building ... maybe via that window.

I can't think of any ther reasons for clothes to be in the gaarden unless they were her washing?

As other errors have occurred about things in this case, can someone put into the thread the who, where, when, what, etc, regards the jeans. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14