Things that make you wonder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have to admit when I first came here I thought KC stood for Killer Casey...It didn't dawn on me for weeks that KC sounds like Casey. Even now when I read posts I read Killer Casey not KC.:rolleyes:

LOL!

And UGH!

I still have trouble 7 months in - my initials are KC and many friends and coworkers through the years have used them as a nickname.

Not anymore, they won't.

I still catch myself being annoyed with Baez for having the initials JB because that is my internal short form for our JBean.

Here's what bugs me...When KC went into her big ol' song and dance to LE at Universal about the "other" phone & the sim card (blah blah blah) well, just because the phone itself was "missing" there would still be billing records, right? And phone calls made & received, right? I mean if I lost my phone in the ocean I'm still gonna get a bill for last month - with phone numbers & times on it. Surely LE checked into that to get ZFG's "other" number(s)! My mind just boggles when I wonder JUST HOW STUPID IS KC????!!!
I thought exactly the same thing. She thought that LE was stupid... she just didn't know how stupid SHE WAS!! :)

I wonder why Casey quit her job in the first place. If she was a good employee with a good eye for photography, then why did she decide not to show up for a training course with Kodak/Colorvision?

Casey never returned to work after she had Caylee. She was fired for job abandonment.

CA saying "oh, thats right" about KC getting her straightener from the Imaginanny.

WTH? I caught that too! That was so ridiculous that CA just fell right in with that "random" statement about that "straightener" particularly since GA told LE that Caylee NEVER had mentioned the Nanny EVER to the family!

Why did it take Lee Anthony 2 hours to go over to Tony's on the night of the July 15th from midnite to 2-2:30 am to pick up the bag and laptop? If you gave him 30 minutes each way driving time, he would still really only need 15-20 minutes TOPS to pick up Casey's bag and laptop. (that is being very generous.)

The website acandyrose.com has a great timeline to reference this.

Also what makes me wonder... Cindy must have still thought Casey did something that night because she dumped the contents of Casey's bag out on the garage floor and asked the detectives if they wanted to take it. THEY SAID NO. Why would they need to take her bag if they at the time believed the nanny story. ONLY CINDY BELIEVED AT THAT MOMENT CASEY WAS GUILTY because LE only would need to take a guilty persons items for evidence.

Is there any reference in any of the TonE interviews that state how long Lee stayed at the apt that night? I thought he was there for a while, chatting up TonE. Probably trying to get an idea how long they had been together or when the guys last saw Caylee. Wasn't this the time that Lee told TonE if he had met him sooner he would have warned him to stay away from KC and given him a heads up about her other dirty deeds?

I'm sure TonE must have been feeling confused about what was going on after Cindy's little out burst, KC taking off with her and not coming back. LE showing up at his place to retrieve KC's cell phone. Finding Amy's checkbook in KC's bag, then Lee showing up to collect the rest of KC's stuff. What a night!

I don't think LE realized initially that bag held the contents of KC's whole life from the day Caylee disappeared on. Cindy was fully aware of this and I'm pretty sure she was hoping the clues to Caylee's where abouts would be found in it. I'm curious what George was doing during this time and why he didn't tell Cindy to leave it for LE, knowing what he knew.

Actually, they had no business 'tracking her down". To put it bluntly. That is called stalking.

The most Cindy could have done, was file charges for the stolen money.

If they were afraid for Caylee, they would have to call Children services and reported WHY they think Caylee is in immediate danger. It would have to be provable. "Because she will not let me see my grand-daughter" would be considered 'filing a false report'. And can get you in trouble. It would also make it where if the child was taken, you wouldn't get the child.

It's easy to say what she should do, knowing that the child is dead. But This type of stuff happens every day, and the child isn't dead. Grand parents are not the boss, they are not in control. It's the parents who have that control. Just because the parent lives in the home with the grand-parent, the legal rules do not change. Casey was still the parent and could leave with her child at any time. Cindy could not legally stop her. Or force her to let her see that g-baby. AT the most, she could go to court for grandparent visitation rights.
Hi Spangle and welcome to WS! I'm going to respectfully disagree with you here and I think that Caylee would agree and this is why. GA and CA raised KC and knew of every problem she had over the years . . . the lies, the stealing, the fake job and the small amount of mothering she did with Caylee. They had Caylee all the time, according to George in a truthful moment. CA was in counselling and was told to kick KC out. I can't remember if she was told to get custody of Caylee or not but it has been said that that topic occurred to CA and GA and they couldn't afford to do that (lawyer expenses?). There is rumor of a big fight on 6/15/09 which CA denies and Caylee was never seen again. 31 days later . . .

31 days! How did that happen? These grandparents saw this baby almost every single day of her life and then they don't see her for 31 days and have minimal contact with their lying, thief of a daughter and dont' take any action? They must have been upset about the fact that Caylee must be missing them, her uncle, her doggies, her toys, her pool, her bed, her movies, her green beans. If they really thought she was staying at the Hard Rock, why not take a little ride to Tampa or try to find Jeff's house in Jacksonville? If KC was really working, why would a surprise visit be a problem? I guess I can't ask why they didn't knock on Zanny's door because they had absolutely no idea where their granddaughter went everyday to be babysat. They didn't even have a phone number for this chick. How did that happen? And how come Caylee never talked about Zanny? How come Caylee didn't have any recognition when George asked her about Zanny? Lee knew that she wasn't in Jacksonville when he went looking for her in the bars on July 3rd. So where did CA and GA think she was staying with Caylee? Didn't they wonder if she was safe? Was she crying herself to sleep? Remember, if CA thought this was a spite thing, then Caylee would have been the one who was suffering from it all.

Caylee is dead. Caylee has been dead since probably the night of June 15, 2008. So maybe GA and CA couldn't have ever imagined that she would kill Caylee, but they knew that she would neglect her, at the very least. Did she even have any money to feed Caylee? Where WERE they staying? And they let this go on for 31 days. And they would have let it go on further if they hadn't gotten the letter to go pick up KC's car.

Someone dropped the ball for Caylee and it wasn't me. It was grandparents who she lived with and knew what her mother was all about. Her Uncle Lee is also at fault. He should have done more than just try to find his sister one night . . . and where was Caylee that night? Oh yeah, someone was babysitting her. God was babysitting Caylee that night, as he had been for weeks by that point. She was in safe hands . . . just not on Earth.

I hope you understand that I'm not bashing anything that you said. I think you are thinking from the perspective of a grandparent who, by law, does not have rights to tell their child how to parent their own children and cannot tell them that they cannot do this or that. We are talking about grandparents who knew their daughter was psycho and that Caylee was in danger. CA said to GA when he came home from work on July 15th when she was on one of the 911 calls . . . "We lost her George, we lost her." Why did she choose those words? Wasn't Caylee just abducted by the trusted Zanny the Nanny? Or did GA and CA know that KC was Zanny all along?

Hi Spangle and welcome to WS! I'm going to respectfully disagree with you here and I think that Caylee would agree and this is why. GA and CA raised KC and knew of every problem she had over the years . . . the lies, the stealing, the fake job and the small amount of mothering she did with Caylee. They had Caylee all the time, according to George in a truthful moment. CA was in counselling and was told to kick KC out. I can't remember if she was told to get custody of Caylee or not but it has been said that that topic occurred to CA and GA and they couldn't afford to do that (lawyer expenses?). There is rumor of a big fight on 7/15/09 which CA denies and Caylee was never seen again. 31 days later . . .

31 days! How did that happen? These grandparents saw this baby almost every single day of her life and then they don't see her for 31 days and have minimal contact with their lying, thief of a daughter and dont' take any action? They must have been upset about the fact that Caylee must be missing them, her uncle, her doggies, her toys, her pool, her bed, her movies, her green beans. If they really thought she was staying at the Hard Rock, why not take a little ride to Tampa or try to find Jeff's house in Jacksonville? If KC was really working, why would a surprise visit be a problem? I guess I can't ask why they didn't knock on Zanny's door because they had absolutely no idea where their granddaughter went everyday to be babysat. They didn't even have a phone number for this chick. How did that happen? And how come Caylee never talked about Zanny? How come Caylee didn't have any recognition when George asked her about Zanny? Lee knew that she wasn't in Jacksonville when he went looking for her in the bars on July 3rd. So where did CA and GA think she was staying with Caylee? Didn't they wonder if she was safe? Was she crying herself to sleep? Remember, if CA thought this was a spite thing, then Caylee would have been the one who was suffering from it all.

Caylee is dead. Caylee has been dead since probably the night of July 15, 2008. So maybe GA and CA couldn't have ever imagined that she would kill Caylee, but they knew that she would neglect her, at the very least. Did she even have any money to feed Caylee? Where WERE they staying? And they let this go on for 31 days. And they would have let it go on further if they hadn't gotten the letter to go pick up KC's car.

Someone dropped the ball for Caylee and it wasn't me. It was grandparents who she lived with and knew what her mother was all about. Her Uncle Lee is also at fault. He should have done more than just try to find his sister one night . . . and where was Caylee that night? Oh yeah, someone was babysitting her. God was babysitting Caylee that night, as he had been for weeks by that point. She was in safe hands . . . just not on Earth.

I hope you understand that I'm not bashing anything that you said. I think you are thinking from the perspective of a grandparent who, by law, does not have rights to tell their child how to parent their own children and cannot tell them that they cannot do this or that. We are talking about grandparents who knew their daughter was psycho and that Caylee was in danger. CA said to GA when he came home from work on July 15th when she was on one of the 911 calls . . . "We lost her George, we lost her." Why did she choose those words? Wasn't Caylee just abducted by the trusted Zanny the Nanny? Or did GA and CA know that KC was Zanny all along?

BINGO BABY !!!

you nailed it :D

Hi Spangle and welcome to WS! I'm going to respectfully disagree with you here and I think that Caylee would agree and this is why. GA and CA raised KC and knew of every problem she had over the years . . . the lies, the stealing, the fake job and the small amount of mothering she did with Caylee. They had Caylee all the time, according to George in a truthful moment. CA was in counselling and was told to kick KC out. I can't remember if she was told to get custody of Caylee or not but it has been said that that topic occurred to CA and GA and they couldn't afford to do that (lawyer expenses?). There is rumor of a big fight on 7/15/09 which CA denies and Caylee was never seen again. 31 days later . . .

Caylee is dead. Caylee has been dead since probably the night of July 15, 2008. So maybe GA and CA couldn't have ever imagined that she would kill Caylee, but they knew that she would neglect her, at the very least. Did she even have any money to feed Caylee? Where WERE they staying? And they let this go on for 31 days. And they would have let it go on further if they hadn't gotten the letter to go pick up KC's car.

:clap::clap::clap:

BINGO BABY !!!

you nailed it :D

I KNOW! Happy Chic, I think that's one of the BEST posts I've ever read on the Caylee forum. We can debate the ins and outs and forensics and cell phone pings all day long. But the truth of the matter comes down to the most simple facts...all of which you covered. Thank you for your post.:clap:

You certainly did nail it HappyChic, sometimes in life you have have to do what you have to do. And, Cindy, George or Lee didn't bother with all that.
Why, IMO because they got their noses in a twit and thought Casey would come crawling back and tow the line. Of course, knowing all the time she had neither money or a roof over her head to call her own.
IMO

Great post!

You certainly did nail it HappyChic, sometimes in life you have have to do what you have to do. And, Cindy, George or Lee didn't bother with all that.
Why, IMO because they got their noses in a twit and thought Casey would come crawling back and tow the line. Of course, knowing all the time she had neither money or a roof over her head to call her own.
IMO

yep, and they feel guilty cause they didnt do anything but enable her for years

such a sad situation

I agree with your opinion here, well stated. Just a note though: the date of Caylee's disappearance was June 15th not July 15th.

Yes they dropped the ball. Without a doubt I am sure they can come up with a list bigger than we can of things they should have done or wish they had done different. Time has a way of passing quickly. KC stayed at friends houses, with Caylee before. CA had been in contact with KC. KC told her she was working, Caylee, was with the "nanny", that they'd see Caylee in a few days, etc. The few days go by and KC gives another reason and another day, and so on and so forth. Before you know it 3 weeks, 4 weeks have gone by. I am sure there was alot of concern building up towards the end, but hoping that it was unfounded and that things were ok. Dropped the ball? sure..but understandable and human. I don't see anything sinister in this.

I don't see anything sinister either, but I don't believe the time went quickly. I know these were the longest, most miserable days and nights of Cindy's life. First she was just vaguely uncomfortable, after a few days that turned to something Cindy couldn't describe. She knew something was wrong but every time she heard from KC she was assured Caylee was fine.

By July 3rd Cindy was no longer buying this and she sent Lee out to find his sister. When that failed Cindy's unease turned to fear. From that night on fear became Cindy's constant companion, but it still took her 12 more days before she was forced to do something, after picking up the car KC had been driving. Finding it reeked of death and Caylee's carseat and pull ups were still inside. Everything was suddenly wrong and Cindy took matters into her own hands.

I don't know if Cindy was still seeing the therapist or not, but I'm pretty sure she talked to someone during the 31 days and found out she had no rights as far Caylee was concerned. This is why she had her credit card statements and car towing information in hand when she went with Amy to find KC. Cindy was ready to force the issue as far as she had to go to get Caylee home that very night. If that meant turning KC into the police for credit card fraud and grand theft auto she was prepared to do that.

I think that the knowledge she was prepared to turn KC in to LE when she wouldn't produce Caylee didn't work really through Cindy for a loop. She was used to KC being stubborn but she was also used to getting her own way in the end. This was a new side to KC and Cindy didn't like it, at all. Cindy was so beyond frustrated by the time they got back to the house after finding the Police Station closed, she couldn't stay in the same room with KC! Lee being at the house probably prevented another argument from becoming physical. I can't say if she were my daughter I wouldn't have been ringing her neck by then.

Up until the time Caylee was found, the A's were very vocal about denying KC's guilt. TV shows and news broadcasts were a daily event for 5 months. Probably costing them 1 above par attorney, they suddenly listened to attorney number 2. Brad C had given several pressers, even proclaiming "the nanny" to be responsible for Caylee's death. Since the memorial, nothing has really come from their camp for Caylee.

Even after Lee's unbelievable depo, we haven't heard from them. If they have changed their mind over KC's culpability I wish they would say so. I understand the bonds of parental love, but I don't understand how they can sit back and show no support for Caylee.

Ever hear of "citizens arrest"? It's still possible here in Fla. I once knew a family who's teenage son stole teir car and broke into my house and stole a tv. The parents wanted their car and I, my tv. Sure we called the cops but I went looking for him here in Orlando and talked to his friends
(whom I hardly knew because I didn't hang out with him) and within 48 hours I TRACKED HIM DOWN and lead the cops to him and I had every right to do that. Government can't do everything for you nor can be there all the time. The prudent thing to do would be to make calls, talk to KS's friends, Go check on Caylee even if you have to get in your car and look. Not saying "stalk" her. Just CHECK on the baby. KS's been in psyciatric counseling before.
Then again, poor Caylee was probably gone by the evening of the 16th, too late anyway so I guess I'll shut up, LOL.

When was KC in psychiatric counseling?

LOL!

And UGH!

I still have trouble 7 months in - my initials are KC and many friends and coworkers through the years have used them as a nickname.

Not anymore, they won't.

I still catch myself being annoyed with Baez for having the initials JB because that is my internal short form for our JBean.

I never call JBean JB just for this reason. But I can "one up you" on the initials. My initials are CMA. I thought it was cute when I first saw Caylee's initials on the wall in her room but I almost vomited when Lee pulled his little stunt at the memorial. Fortunately no one ever calls me by my initials!

I am intrested in this one too. I heard about this awhile back also that in Caseys statement she said she dropped Caylee off between 9 and 1 and that is the last digits in the ZG properties....... I also want to know about the abandoned house that had the truck Zanny, in the yard. These things seem like they would be important but I have not heard anything about them.
When AL's roommate was on NG, he said that they usually have class between 9:00 and 1:00. I thought maybe that was a clue. But then again, if your baby went missing, I should think that you would have a better idea of what time you left the baby with the babysitter, right? I lost my kid 31 days ago, left her off at the stairs betweeen 9:00 and 1:00 and went to work (not) . . . just a normal day . . . just of a normal day of lying for KC.:banghead:

Wow, I missed the thread(s) too. This is really significant. I wonder if the police have put two-and-two together like we have? If you watched NG the night that Momtective was on, or even JVM the night before, they all seem clueless about Websleuths.

We must remember that there is a grain of truth in KC's lies so you just have to pick out what is true and what is not and go from there, if you can. So it would really make sense that KC said that ZFG took her if her little body was laying in between these houses, owned by these people.

O/T: Has anyone seen Primal Fear? I watched it last night at my brother and sil's house . . . great movie . . . surprise ending . . . I wonder if we will get a surprise ending in the trial in this case?

Hi Spangle and welcome to WS! I'm going to respectfully disagree with you here and I think that Caylee would agree and this is why. GA and CA raised KC and knew of every problem she had over the years . . . the lies, the stealing, the fake job and the small amount of mothering she did with Caylee. They had Caylee all the time, according to George in a truthful moment. CA was in counselling and was told to kick KC out. I can't remember if she was told to get custody of Caylee or not but it has been said that that topic occurred to CA and GA and they couldn't afford to do that (lawyer expenses?). There is rumor of a big fight on 6/15/09 which CA denies and Caylee was never seen again. 31 days later . . .

Caylee is dead. Caylee has been dead since probably the night of June 15, 2008. So maybe GA and CA couldn't have ever imagined that she would kill Caylee, but they knew that she would neglect her, at the very least. Did she even have any money to feed Caylee? Where WERE they staying? And they let this go on for 31 days. And they would have let it go on further if they hadn't gotten the letter to go pick up KC's car.

Excellent post...however, most of it doesn't help Caylee. Caylee was dead by June 16th, so even if the A's had done much of what they should have as stated above, Caylee would still be dead. Even if Cindy had called the police or CFS on June 17th, it would have been too late for Caylee. :(

Do I think the A's have handled any of this the right way....not at all, but I do sympathize with the plight of grandparents...there is a case now, husband seemingly killed the wife, police can't prove it, so he hasn't been charged and he has their 3 kids and won't let the grandparents (the wife's parents) even see them and they have no recourse. The grandparents tried and were shut down, so their 3 grandchildren are likely living with their mother's killer. So how far could Cindy have gotten with stories of KC stealing and lying?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lizakind
Back