Through a Juror's Eyes/What do those who haven't followed the case believe? (Merged)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I felt really vindicated today when the "rotten potato" came to light. I have - unfortunately - had to smell human decomp. Long story and it would be too graphic. The decomp I smelled was about 5 - 7 days after death, accelerated by ambient temperature.

NOTHING but a rotten potato comes close to it - though it is different. A few times I've reached for potatoes ( I have an open potato bin) and my finger went INTO one that looked great on the outside until well... my finger went right through it. The smell is instant, overpowering, permeating everything, and won't go away until you have cleaned the bin thoroughly. I've said to hubby and kids "OH MY, that *almost* smells like a dead body". I've never had confirmation before until today.

I made hubby watch the section of trial dealing with the potato. He looked at me and said "I guess you really knew what you were talking about". Well, I don't know a lot, but I do know that even though the chemical composition of decomposing bodies and rotten potatoes isn't the same, their smell almost *ALMOST* is. To put it in Mohabi's scientific language: "if anything comes close to the smell of a decomposing body, it's a really, really, rotten potato that looks like a potato but is in reality only a skin, filled with fluid, waiting to be popped by an unsuspecting finger".

Now I'm going to bed. I've done enough damage!

P.S. The rotten potato smell doesn't linger in your nose, your mouth, your clothes. .......the other one does. It's one that even lingers in your memory, 30 years later.

I had my niece and nephew (15 and 12 y/o) staying with me this past weekend and they were "forced" - according to them - to watch Saturday's testimony. After watching an hour or so of testimony; along with the "weekly wrap-up" commentaries and video footage about all of the lies -they both said..."that lady killed that little girl".

I asked them what made them think that and they said, "It's simple, there's no reason to lie about where the little girl is if she was alive and well; and if she didn't kill her she would not need to make up all of this stuff. Also, if her dad really had anything to do with it, then she wouldn't have waited in jail all this time before saying something about it. I mean, come on, there's no way it was an accident. She would've called 911. Even kids our age know to call 911 if there's an emergency. If she drowned then she died because her mom wanted her to or she would have called an ambulance and asked for help."

While I know that they don't fully understand the case, trial process, legalities or even much about "real life" of the world in which we live...their assessment and responses were so "simple"...and true, IMO.

It brought me back to the basics of this horrific crime (IMO) and made me realize how far away I've drifted from the basics of this case; through doc dumps, MSM, videos, etc.

It also reminded me that the jurors are also hearing this info for the first time and will hopefully still be able to see the simplicity of the case regardless of the numerous distractions....I can only hope!

I had my niece and nephew (15 and 12 y/o) staying with me this past weekend and they were "forced" - according to them - to watch Saturday's testimony. After watching an hour or so of testimony; along with the "weekly wrap-up" commentaries and video footage about all of the lies -they both said..."that lady killed that little girl".

I asked them what made them think that and they said, "It's simple, there's no reason to lie about where the little girl is if she was alive and well; and if she didn't kill her she would not need to make up all of this stuff. Also, if her dad really had anything to do with it, then she wouldn't have waited in jail all this time before saying something about it. I mean, come on, there's no way it was an accident. She would've called 911. Even kids our age know to call 911 if there's an emergency. If she drowned then she died because her mom wanted her to or she would have called an ambulance and asked for help."

While I know that they don't fully understand the case, trial process, legalities or even much about "real life" of the world in which we live...their assessment and responses were so "simple"...and true, IMO.

It brought me back to the basics of this horrific crime (IMO) and made me realize how far away I've drifted from the basics of this case; through doc dumps, MSM, videos, etc.

It also reminded me that the jurors are also hearing this info for the first time and will hopefully still be able to see the simplicity of the case regardless of the numerous distractions....I can only hope!

I think people are too wrapped up in "how" she did it or why. But he ruling doesn't depend on that. It's simply IF she did it. And there's no doubt in the world.

Welcome!

Respectfully snipped...

Interesting.

Do you think the jury would believe anything she said if she took the stand? IMO, I don't think she can redeem herself enough that any juror would find her credible. I mean, they (jury) have seen lie after lie and have even watched her own defense team reiterate her inability to tell the truth by confirming lie after lie after lie; with almost every witness, (aside from the expert witnesses and the tow yard employee - I think). IMO, her attorney(s) should have considered this and opted to fore-go some of the cross examinations of the witnesses; if they wanted a chance at redemption.

But...that's just me. I respect that others might feel differently. I just can't wrap my mind around how they could...kwim? So, I was just curious...that's all!

Thanks for the input and interesting angle.

I do believe that there is ONE shot in the dark that she could actually beat the case. That is if she took the stand and had breakdown and confessed to leaving Caylee in the car because she was drunk and didn't mean to leave her for as long as she did. Then comes back and finds she's in sheer panic. Goes to her Dad who forces her to have sex with him so that he won't turn her in but promises to help her. That's why she didn't say anything.

I think if she admits she killed her by accident she'll get a lighter sentence just because people are dying to know the truth.

I haven't been following this case for too long and only catch it occasionally on TV. So far, from what I've seen/heard, the case appears to me to be very circumstantial. The hair and air testimony I've pretty much set aside since to me, it has appeared that the scenes were tampered with and tainted. I haven't formed a strong opinion either way so far.

Also, I don't think jurors are hearing all of this for the first time. I was in the process of moving to Florida when this happened and my friends "up north" know about the case. I listen to different radio stations online and other cities don't harp on the case as much as the Orlando ones do, but they do mention it.

Even IF certain things aren't supposed to be considered, that doesn't mean that's what will happen.

Most people I know think she's guilty.

Casey is such a liar, and I know that there's a difference between a liar and a murderer, but lying to cover an "accident" makes me think there was no accident.

Welcome!

Respectfully snipped...

Interesting.

Do you think the jury would believe anything she said if she took the stand? IMO, I don't think she can redeem herself enough that any juror would find her credible. I mean, they (jury) have seen lie after lie and have even watched her own defense team reiterate her inability to tell the truth by confirming lie after lie after lie; with almost every witness, (aside from the expert witnesses and the tow yard employee - I think). IMO, her attorney(s) should have considered this and opted to fore-go some of the cross examinations of the witnesses; if they wanted a chance at redemption.

But...that's just me. I respect that others might feel differently. I just can't wrap my mind around how they could...kwim? So, I was just curious...that's all!

Thanks for the input and interesting angle.

Thanks for the welcome.

She's definitely going to jail. And the story would only work if she completely had a break down on the stand. Full on massive emotional break down.

AND

She'd have to do it during the cross when the PA was confronting her, not her own attorney. Just completely lose it on the stand and say "I'm guilty, I did it I did it, maybe start self mutilating

Then say she went to her father who was an ex cop and he said he'd help her figure out what to do. So he staged the body like a kidnapper and forced her to have sex with him to keep her silence.

So she just went blank upstairs.

Then her mom confronts her and she asks for one more day so she can talk to her father.

I think people cant wrap their minds around the 31 days.

Also, I don't think jurors are hearing all of this for the first time. I was in the process of moving to Florida when this happened and my friends "up north" know about the case. I listen to different radio stations online and other cities don't harp on the case as much as the Orlando ones do, but they do mention it.

Even IF certain things aren't supposed to be considered, that doesn't mean that's what will happen.

Most people I know think she's guilty.

Casey is such a liar, and I know that there's a difference between a liar and a murderer, but lying to cover an "accident" makes me think there was no accident.

Bingo!:great:
All of them have heard this story, and truth be known, no one knows for sure the extent of the information they do know. There is NO reason to cover an accident for 3 years especially while she was out walking around in a "Caylee Missing" tshirt.

Thanks for the welcome.

She's definitely going to jail. And the story would only work if she completely had a break down on the stand. Full on massive emotional break down.

AND

She'd have to do it during the cross when the PA was confronting her, not her own attorney. Just completely lose it on the stand and say "I'm guilty, I did it I did it, maybe start self mutilating

Then say she went to her father who was an ex cop and he said he'd help her figure out what to do. So he staged the body like a kidnapper and forced her to have sex with him to keep her silence.

So she just went blank upstairs.

Then her mom confronts her and she asks for one more day so she can talk to her father.

I think people cant wrap their minds around the 31 days.

Welcome :)
Casey has lied to the extent that no one is going to believe even a massive breakdown on the stand, unless she tells the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth-and still, the evidence would have to equal her truth.

Well like I said, it's a real stretch, but someone completely in the dark might have believed it. That is if she hadn't started off by making up yet another story.

I haven't been following this case for too long and only catch it occasionally on TV. So far, from what I've seen/heard, the case appears to me to be very circumstantial. The hair and air testimony I've pretty much set aside since to me, it has appeared that the scenes were tampered with and tainted. I haven't formed a strong opinion either way so far.

BBM
Did I miss something? "Tampered with and tainted" by whom and when?
Thanks!

BBM
Did I miss something? "Tampered with and tainted" by whom and when?
Thanks!

Simon Birch and George when they threw the garbage out of the trunk of the car. George and Cindy when they cleaned the trunk and the car. Has anything been said about the affect of all the chemical sprays/cleaners Cindy used to remove the car's odor?

Thanks.

I try to watch it and not let my opinion play with what I am seeing.And hearing.

It is really hard after watching all the news about her and her family and the witness news reports etc.. to still try to keep the trial in terms of right now ,all that matters is what is said.

I agree with what you said about the evidence. So far everything was kinda floated in and out of hands.

I hope you update us often after seeing whatever pieces you do catch.:seeya:

I thought the FBI chemist today did take away somewhat from Dr. Voss. (I am new to the case, except for the very basics.)

But I do believe that overall, enough experienced people smelled the decomposition to believe that Caylee was in the trunk. Am not convinced about the levels of chloroform however.

I totally believe Gerus and all of this training and his handler.

Caylee was in the trunk for a number of days, that seems obvious. I think the jurors will conclude that much.

I'm still waiting to be shown that she was killed on purpose, so will hold off on that, but I am convinced that Casey alone is responsible.

Hi all,

Just an update from where I (we) see it:

1) My spouse and I agree that the air samples, in order to be considered, had to have been collected in a "clean room" type environment. That wasn't done, so we discount it.
2) Prosecution blew it. They had to admit that Dr. Vass identified and testified about the wrong can. Baez made a good point - this was a research lab - not a forensics lab; As a juror, I would "throw out" his testimony. He and the prosecution are not reliable - they have made mistakes.
3) I don't think the prosecution needs the testimony of Dr. Vass - I believe the other people who have testified about the decomp smell in the car...especially CA's 911 call...and the tow truck driver...
4) The FBI "expert" reported findings on the "chloroform" to be "consistent with" chloroform. Not definitely chloroform. I heard that, and I think the jury did too. Just like the hair, with the supposed decomp band around the root end - they couldn't say definitively. It was "consistent with"...
5) The K-9 officer who testified today...I believe him. I have a german shep and I know how good her nose is...but he and Gerus never found any of Caylee's remains...right? So what did his testimony prove? We have to consider what that means...that's what I would be thinking as a juror...
Peace

Surely the jurors have been convinced that a dead body was in the trunk of that car. They may be a little confused about the chloroform since the testimony is confusing at times as to whether they're talking about air or a liner of the trunk. If the thefts don't get into the testimony they may be wondering about motive or premeditation and could be thinking that an elaborate liar might try to cover up an accident. They may already have suspicions that Casey's elaborate lies also involved setting up herself as a victim though.

I don't think the jury cares that much about the can mix up. They are up close and see the mountain of evidence that is laid out on the table. I believe they completely understand how that might happen. I also believe in the end the jury will not look at any particular witness in a vacuum but look at the totality of the evidence.

I don't think the jury cares that much about the can mix up. They are up close and see the mountain of evidence that is laid out on the table. I believe they completely understand how that might happen. I also believe in the end the jury will not look at any particular witness in a vacuum but look at the totality of the evidence.
agreed. and the amount of evidence, albeit circumstantial, is overwhelming.

I'm still waiting to be shown that she was killed on purpose, so will hold off on that, but I am convinced that Casey alone is responsible.
imo her blatant and continual obstruction of justice alone confirms as much.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back