TH's polygraphs

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm trying to figure this out. Why would LE even issue the statement that they had nothing to do with these interviews by the family? They could have simply kept silent....after all, TH's attorney is not going to let her speak and I don't know if there are any tactics LE might use that could change that at this point.

It's called CYA... LE has said absolutely nothing that can come back to bite them. Very smart. JMHO

I do not know if I agree Kyron is not still at the center of attention. If the SM is involved and this pressure on her gets her to speak about Kyron or whereabouts then it all works out for the best in the end. If she did anything to him, then the media is focused right where they need to be. If she is the wrong person (which IMO is slim chance as well) then it is a shame.

A gamble.

Also, maybe a good portion of a lie detector test is just to see if a) you will agree to take one b) if you will sit through one. I am sure people who have nothing to hide, vs. someone who does acts different. LE is looking for those clues.

Unfortunatly, Terri probably rang their bell. I think having attempted two, failing the first, walking out on the second and not attempting a third is a good indicator at being evasive. A lie detector test in itself seems like a minor thing to have to go through under their circumstances.

You give some very good ideas. I think if I was innocent I would still pee my pants.... during one, lol.

I'm surprised she agreed to take a poly in the 1st place. No one can be compelled to do so and it's not used in a court of law. I'm always amazed when people think they can beat a polygraph test. I don't think it happens as often as people think it does.

I wasn't surprised. The Korman's live in that segment of society that is usually very concerned with what others think about them. It goes along with the Jonses, why they would want to live in a little secluded cottage like they did, where appearances are important and where children are given every opportunity to be what they can be as they grow up.

To not take the test would show she didn't muster up to what is expected of her by her niche in society. There's that chance she'd pass and what she hoped for IMO

How is this keeping the focus on the missing child, when all of discussions are about TH, failed marriage, etc. IMHO, the focus is squarely on condemning this woman who has not been named a suspect or POI.

I agree - recently, it seems that KH and DY's comments focus more on TMH than Kyron. There's more emphasis on condemning her, or mentioning previous mental problems, kicking her out of the house, or even just bad blood between parties than talking about Kyron.

How about talking about things to look for? Organizing new searches? Looking for physical evidence or trying to get people to call in with more tips?

Yes, they are still in the news - but the news is now a telenovela plot, rather than tightly focused on Kyron, where he may be, and what the public should look for. Perhaps they are trying to tighten the screws - but I'm personally not happy with the way the family is handling the media. I think their statements could be a lot more effective if they weren't slinging so much mud. :twocents:

Sure, that's possible she gave Kyron to someone. Some kind of get-even revenge toward Kaine. I've always thought that might be possible, but still not a shred of evidence other than the pings...I cant rule out the possibility that she was set up or that he was taken by some perp. moo

Looks to me like LE thinks Kyron is deceased - they searched waterways etc. not places you would find a child alive. moo

Guess I'll have to wait for some concrete evidence before I jump to the 'guilty' side of the coin. moo

True that they searched and searched and searched for a body the first week to ten days. That was the reasonable thing to do considering the info they had at the time. But as the investigation matured, they found information that might point them in other directions. I think they now believe he is currently in the hands of non-family. They just have to get Terri to tell them everything she knows. I think she is behind it. It seems to me that having everyone and their mother think you are a murderer would be way worse than fessing up to a knucklebrained fake kidnap scenario.

Has it been verified by LE that they were indeed with her for an entire month? It was also my understanding it was not 24 hours, but that officers went home when the Hormans went to bed and came back the following mornings. Did I miss a report where they were indeed sleeping at the house as well?

Oh no, I didn't mean that they lived with her 24/7...I don't know if they did or not. LE did have access to Terri 24/7 for at least a month before she got herself an attorney. She answered questions for LE, was interrogated for hours. LE doesn't hesitate to tell the public she was cooperative. moo Sorry for the misunderstanding. moo

I really believe that LE knows way more than we are being told and are scripting K & D's interviews. This is why the focus is not on new searches and evidence. They already know who holds all of the answers to where precious Kyron is and the key is to get her to talk. It was not K & D's idea to air all of their dirty laundry in press releases and interviews with reporters. They are doing what they have been told will bring their son home!

I feel your frustration. I agree with you up to a certain degree (I don't feel it is unacceptable to walk out on police when one has not been arrested, and I don't ever want waterboarding to be used as an investigative tool!) All persons, innocent or not, have the right to refuse a polygraph. These tests are not acceptable evidence in courts of law, and there are so many good reasons for that.......one being that discerning truth or lying in answers is highly subjective. I know you are also frustrated with those of us who point out the weaknesses of polygraphs, but it's not just laypeople who are aware of the problems. Polygraphs have not been able to rise to the level of accuracy the courts demand to be allowed as evidence.

I believe Terri knows more, much more, than she is telling LE, and if she knows where Kyron is, I wish she'd speak up. But "failing" a polygraph doesn't always denote guilt, and "passing" a polygraph surely doesn't denote innocence. (Not sticking up for her, just pointing out a quick, generic fact.)

I am so thankful for our civil rights in USA. Having been in other countries, I can tell you that we have one of the very best justice systems in the world. It isn't perfect, but it strives to be.

I believe we have a newspaper report that quotes unnamed sources as saying she lied about her whereabouts that morning. While I take that into account, it isn't the same as "according to LE" to me.

I agree - waterboarding is torture and puts us into the same hole as the perp.

Regarding LE - I didn't say LE = it's more like 5 unnamed sources somehow connected to LE gave the paper that bit of info. Makes me wonder all the more about Terry being 'set up'. moo

Oh no, I didn't mean that they lived with her 24/7...I don't know if they did or not. LE did have access to Terri 24/7 for at least a month before she got herself an attorney. She answered questions for LE, was interrogated for hours. LE doesn't hesitate to tell the public she was cooperative. moo Sorry for the misunderstanding. moo

Sorry, what I meant was, did LE have access to her house for an entire month? I had been lead to believe it was less than that.

I think we have to remember that for the sake of integrity in any investigation, I can see where LE might tell a 'white lie' within reason, to the public, so as to not let a suspect know they are onto them. We just found out recently that LE had been focusing on Terri within days of Kyron's disappearance. Evidence or not, made public or not, there has to be a reason for that.

I really believe that LE knows way more than we are being told and are scripting K & D's interviews. This is why the focus is not on new searches and evidence. They already know who holds all of the answers to where precious Kyron is and the key is to get her to talk. It was not K & D's idea to air all of their dirty laundry in press releases and interviews with reporters. They are doing what they have been told will bring their son home!

I have also noticed that the layout and focus of the interviews are becoming more polished. People may forget how shy this family was in the beginning...all releases had to come from LE. Then somehow after the plot broke in the Oregonian the family has really released stuff on their own. They do not make nearly the reference to LE like they used to. In the last week they are sitting down for face to face interviews.

In the interviews neither DY or KH look scripted to me, but natural and relaxed. Like they are been told to just be themselves. That will matter to the public. I think someone is helping them with their image and it could be like KH has said he has been meeting with a couselor weekly. DY is probably as well which could be making a difference expressing their feelings.:waitasec:

I remember in the first couple of weeks on this case most everyone was upset that the family wasn't saying anything to the press. Now, when it seems as if the family is truly letting everyone in on all the details, a lot of people are upset that they are saying too much. We cannot have it both ways. We should either want to know everything or we should settle for the little "bits" that LE throws out occasionally. I guess my point is that we should lay off K & D. They are suffering and "there but by the grace of God, go I".

I have to agree on the water boarding, what if someone is absolutely innocent...

I have no idea what terri was doing/thinking during these polys. I've said it before, but unless someone has been arrested I can't point my finger at someone and not give them a fair chance. I'm usually wrong though.... I like all the facts before I jump fence. I do that with everything in life....

I wonder when the first poly took place?? That could really play into some brainstorming, since we know one was 10 days out.

I don't know if she is innocent or guilty. But I have seen people want to believe something so much that nothing can change their mines.... Just saying

Kyron went missing on the Friday and J got there on the Saturday for a week visit. We know from his dad that he wasnt there the whole week cos of the problems there. His dad has stated when he was on phone to J that J told him Terri had problems with her test and Terri started shouting at her son because he told his dad. By his words it would suggest that Terri had the test done within a few days of Kyron going missing.

JMO

I'm just going to throw this thought out into the thread.

It's not directed at any poster here. Just thoughts that came as I read the four pages thus far in this thread.

We don't know what LE thinks, we don't know how LE is investigation this case, they aren't talking.

Here is the thing, we all have heard that LE will start with the last person known to have seen or been with a missing person, and also that missing persons family members. That's just how all of the investigations we have seen so far work, they rule them out and move in an outwards circle.

BUT it's not that linear. They have a task force so to speak, and I'm sure there is more than one detective working on Kyron. Have we seen a number yet? That means, that IMHO they are working all angles right now. They are slowly and systematically eliminating each angle.

Now, LE hasn't said this, but Kaine and DY's comments lead me to believe that they are still working on eliminating Terri. They can't move past her until they can eliminate her. But IMHO that doesn't mean that the entire task force is focusing all their energy on Terri.

Do I think Terri is guilty? It doesn't matter what I think in the long run. But to be honest, I would be very surprised if she is completely innocent of whatever happened to Kryon. LE will determine if charges can be brought forth against her and take that to the SA and see if they will run with it. A Jury will decide if she is guilty if it comes to that.

This is a crime forum and a missing persons forum. It's a pretty darn good one too. The best out there on the internet IMHO, because facts are posted, opinions are formed and shared and theories are too. When expressing our opinions, it is a given that the crimes we are discussing are alleged. It is also a given that all parties are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. JMHO. So based on those assumptions we can post our opinions, theories and bicker/debate back and forth :)

I like to think of it this way. We all, every single one of us are standing vigil for Kyron. Our eyes are on him and will not waver.

As for the failed poly's. Even though LE or Terri haven't commented on that---for now, I personally, am going with what Kaine and DY are saying on that matter. Until it is proven that they are incorrect. :)

love_to_dig said:

As far as all the talk about Terri, she is the key to where Kyron is. They are trying to pressure her, using psychological tactics devised and aimed with her specific mental weakness in mind, to give up what she knows. She is now nearly completely isolated, losing her home shortly, no job, few friends, baby gone, son gone, hopefully hitting rock bottom shortly so she will have nothing to lose and everything to gain by fessing up to what she has done. Brilliant tactics.

Well said...I truly hope it works! If she is a full-fledged sociopath it probably won't, but I have total faith they are getting expert advice from top notch professionals. Card playing is use at different times for different reasons & it seems the main one these days is to apply new tidbits of info. daily to put pressure put on TH, but she is not cracking. I don't equate "not cracking" to being innocent though, far from it in this case particularly.

True that they searched and searched and searched for a body the first week to ten days. That was the reasonable thing to do considering the info they had at the time. But as the investigation matured, they found information that might point them in other directions. I think they now believe he is currently in the hands of non-family. They just have to get Terri to tell them everything she knows. I think she is behind it. It seems to me that having everyone and their mother think you are a murderer would be way worse than fessing up to a knucklebrained fake kidnap scenario.
Hi Grnabob, I'm trying to figure out why a non-family member would hold this child. They must realize how public the case has become and eventually - somehow the truth will come out and they will be tattooed as an accomplice.

I'm not saying it isn't possible, but why then not make that phone call to LE and turn States Evidence to save themselves?

I would like someone to explain the reason why those who are trying to keep an open mind about all the possibilities pertaining to who may have taken little Ky continue to be ostracized or ridiculed or sometimes downright accused of being "pro TH" or "defending TH". There seems to be an underlying innuendo that if someone expresses interest in exploring other possibilities besides TH that it equals lack of concern for Kyron, unless I'm misinterpreting, and if so - apologies.

Yes - there's a lot that's hinky about TH. I agree completely. This entire case has been hinky from day 1. As Ann Rule herself stated - this is the most bizarre case she's ever followed.

It's true we aren't privy to the inside workings of this investigation, or what specific leads & tips LE may be following or checking out. I have no doubt LE is looking @ TH. They have good reason to. But, as I recall, Sheriff Staton himself stated in an interview not too long ago that the investigators are following ALL avenues and that EVERYONE is a person of interest.

I read all the news reports with interest, and take into account what everyone has to say. It's fairly obvious that TH is being focused on as a potential POI. For all we know, LE is also quietly focusing on other potential POIs behind the scenes, as well. It wouldn't surprise me if they are.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Even those who may not agree with what seems to be the consensus.

We all care about little Kyron. We all want him found as quickly as possible.

I have to agree on the water boarding, what if someone is absolutely innocent...

I have no idea what terri was doing/thinking during these polys. I've said it before, but unless someone has been arrested I can't point my finger at someone and not give them a fair chance. I'm usually wrong though.... I like all the facts before I jump fence. I do that with everything in life....

I wonder when the first poly took place?? That could really play into some brainstorming, since we know one was 10 days out.

I don't know if she is innocent or guilty. But I have seen people want to believe something so much that nothing can change their mines.... Just saying

BBM..I stated in reference to missing children and parents who refuse or won't cooperate...

And, I can't necessarily point my finger at someone just because they have been arrested either. There are alot of people who have been arrested who are not guilty of the crime they are arrested for... .
But my God this is an innocent adorable little boy who has not been seen or heard of in over a month now and IMHO IF she is refusing to answer questions truthfully and cooperate with the investigation then I don't care what kind of pressure they put on her to make her tell the truth..And I'm not concerned with her rights either...IMHO..Anyone guilty of harming a child doesn't deserve any rights..Let me add.. IMHO, they don't deserve to be breathing air either...JMO

BBM..I stated in reference to missing children and parents who refuse or won't cooperate...

And, I can't necessarily point my finger at someone just because they have been arrested either. There are alot of people who have been arrested who are not guilty of the crime they are arrested for... .
But my God this is an innocent adorable little boy who has not been seen or heard of in over a month now and IMHO IF she is refusing to answer questions truthfully and cooperate with the investigation then I don't care what kind of pressure they put on her to make her tell the truth..And I'm not concerned with her rights either...IMHO..Anyone guilty of harming a child doesn't deserve any rights..Let me add.. IMHO, they don't deserve to be breathing air either...JMO

I am sorry I missed that part. I agree if anyone hurts a child that the they don't deserve to be breathing air, but for me they need to be proven guilty in a court of law.

Hi Grnabob, I'm trying to figure out why a non-family member would hold this child. They must realize how public the case has become and eventually - somehow the truth will come out and they will be tattooed as an accomplice.

I'm not saying it isn't possible, but why then not make that phone call to LE and turn States Evidence to save themselves?

I agree, Scandi. If someone is holding Kyron for TH, that someone is either very much indebted to her for some reason or possibly so much in love with her that they would do "anything" for her. One other reason could be that she paid them an exorbitant amount of money. There are no limits to what some people will do for money.

I would like someone to explain the reason why those who are trying to keep an open mind about all the possibilities pertaining to who may have taken little Ky continue to be ostracized or ridiculed or sometimes downright accused of being "pro TH" or "defending TH". There seems to be an underlying innuendo that if someone expresses interest in exploring other possibilities besides TH that it equals lack of concern for Kyron, unless I'm misinterpreting, and if so - apologies.
Yes - there's a lot that's hinky about TH. I agree completely. This entire case has been hinky from day 1. As Ann Rule herself stated - this is the most bizarre case she's ever followed.

It's true we aren't privy to the inside workings of this investigation, or what specific leads & tips LE may be following or checking out. I have no doubt LE is looking @ TH. They have good reason to. But, as I recall, Sheriff Staton himself stated in an interview not too long ago that the investigators are following ALL avenues and that EVERYONE is a person of interest.

I read all the news reports with interest, and take into account what everyone has to say. It's fairly obvious that TH is being focused on as a potential POI. For all we know, LE is also quietly focusing on other potential POIs behind the scenes, as well. It wouldn't surprise me if they are.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Even those who may not agree with what seems to be the consensus.

We all care about little Kyron. We all want him found as quickly as possible.

Sorrell, if anyone here ever feels ridiculed and ostracized. If anyone ever feels that they are being attacked then the mods want us to alert on that post.

They can't be on all threads and read all posts. Even if the post isn't directed at us personally, it is our duty as members of this website to assist the mods and admin by alerting on posts of that nature. The mods have always stressed they are very appreciative for those alerts. It keeps this website the best here is IMHO!

Alerting on a post that is TOS or just plain nasty/rude and uncalled for isn't being a tattletale as a lot of members assume (not talking about you!) it's about self monitering, and making this site better for it.

:)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back