Tire Tracks, Shoe Prints and DJH's cars

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think we should rename this thread to Tire Track and Shoe Print. Because that is the only knowledge we have been able to produce from the shown and known evidence.

Not trying to stir up anything .... it is just that some things dont seem right about the "driveways" .... I have said earlier I feel the soft dirt shoe prints and tire print is from the field road across from the R's driveway.

One of the main reasons I say that is picture #6 where the tire track guy is taking impressions ... look at the fence beside the road ... the R's driveway did not have a fence beside it , but the field road did. And the field road is definitely soft dirt , the R's driveway is much more like typical packed gravel surface.

In fairness we are not told if pictures # 1-2-3-5-6-7-8 are from the same spot as picture #9 (field road) .... but if they are we have been inadvertently thinking they were from the R's driveway.

One more thing (in my opinion) that single tire track looks exactly like what older farm equipment and wagons use , tires from the 50's and 60's .... and to have them go into that a hay field would be typical

http://s100.photobucket.com/user/shergal1/media/stevemundCasts.jpg.html?sort=4&o=8

Not trying to stir up anything .... it is just that some things dont seem right about the "driveways" .... I have said earlier I feel the soft dirt shoe prints and tire print is from the field road across from the R's driveway.

One of the main reasons I say that is picture #6 where the tire track guy is taking impressions ... look at the fence beside the road ... the R's driveway did not have a fence beside it , but the field road did. And the field road is definitely soft dirt , the R's driveway is much more like typical packed gravel surface.

In fairness we are not told if pictures # 1-2-3-5-6-7-8 are from the same spot as picture #9 (field road) .... but if they are we have been inadvertently thinking they were from the R's driveway.

One more thing (in my opinion) that single tire track looks exactly like what older farm equipment and wagons use , tires from the 50's and 60's .... and to have them go into that a hay field would be typical

http://s100.photobucket.com/user/shergal1/media/stevemundCasts.jpg.html?sort=4&o=8

Their driveway does or did have a fence. There are pics probably on Sher's photobucket.

I do have to agree with you about the driveway surface. I honestly could not recreate that type of footprint next to a tire track. But, the type of surface makes all the difference. But where I live now it is a lot if sand and red dirt, not clay

Where I lived, we had a limestone driveway. The dirt road was red clay and tons and tons of class 5 over the years.

Their driveway does or did have a fence. There are pics probably on Sher's photobucket.

Yes. In 1989 there was a wire fence that ran along the Rassier driveway, on the north side of the driveway

You could go either way with that. I think there was a car, but that is only my opinion. I base it on the fact that I have been able to see in pictures and video's from the media, what we trackers call "indicators". I did see something in one of the vehicle tracks that I think indicates a vehicle stopped and started during it's travel...OR...was backing up the driveway and made a "correction" in steering as one might do when backing up 40 yards in the dark.

If the perp 'backed up' 40 yards from the pavement.....then what car did the POI see traverse the farmstead?

If the perp 'backed up' 40 yards from the pavement.....then what car did the POI see traverse the farmstead?

Sorry to butt in here, Tracker can butt in after me. It has to be kevins, because that is what he remembered during a hypnotism. A girl in the passenger seat that was covering her face. Kevin was with his girlfriend and traversed the entire drveway that night, 30 minutes after the abduction.

Sorry to butt in here, Tracker can butt in after me. It has to be kevins, because that is what he remembered during a hypnotism. A girl in the passenger seat that was covering her face. Kevin was with his girlfriend and traversed the entire drveway that night, 30 minutes after the abduction.

I agree with Sas. I think it was Kevins car.

I agree with Sas. I think it was Kevins car.

The car DR described does not match the car of Kevin's girlfriend which is the car they were driving.

DR saw a small car. She had a big car. The distance between the wheels would not be the same, I have no idea if you can tell tire size but the size of the tires would be totally different as well on a small vs large car

The car DR described does not match the car of Kevin's girlfriend which is the car they were driving.

DR saw a small car. She had a big car. The distance between the wheels would not be the same, I have no idea if you can tell tire size but the size of the tires would be totally different as well on a small vs large car

Good point. I'm wondering if DR got his cars mixed up. You can tell the size of tires and center to center of front and rear tires. It gives you a general idea of the size and type vehicle you are looking for.

I am wondering how DR could see into the car.

Here is one aspect, but you,have to add the speed of the car and the light available as well . Too hard for me

http://www.geom.uiuc.edu/~demo5337/Group3/rttri.gif

I guess that if you could discount his ability to see into the car and a possible incorrect identification of the vehicle, it would put his credibility further into doubt.

Is this a correct statement or not?
The tire tracks shown next to Jacob's footprint have NOT ever been publicly said to be the tire tracks that investigators had not IDed until 2005.

And-- then is this true?
The tire tracks shown by Jacob's footprint may have been IDed (matched to a known vehicle, even a vehicle they would expect to find in the R driveway) earlier on.

And is this true?
The tires searched for for so many years may have been tracks we have not seen photographed.

Thanks for any help. I've been trying to get clear on this, not liking the way we assume the pictured tracks are assumed to be the unknown tracks IF that is not known for a fact.

LE seems to have put a lot of effort into the tire tracks

From ELOC's book.

And one is on pg. 133.

To be sure, investigators had thoroughly vetted all leads in the case. Dwayne Hood, a journalism graduate from Nashville, Tennessee, found himself a potential suspect after he showed in- terest in obtaining copies of St. Cloud Times newspaper articles printed in the days immediately following Jacob's kidnapping. The very next day after his inquiry, an FBI agent paid a visit to Hood. Hood was impressed with the amount of information that the agency had already collected on him. The FBI agent photo- graphed the man's car and removed its rear tires to take detailed photos of them. They took front and side mug shots of the man as well.93
Hood followed up the interrogation with a letter to the St. Cloud Times, commending the investigative effort. He pledged his intent to assist the search effort himself, by distributing Jacob's poster in TN.

From ELOC's book.

And one is on pg. 133.

To be sure, investigators had thoroughly vetted all leads in the case. Dwayne Hood, a journalism graduate from Nashville, Tennessee, found himself a potential suspect after he showed in- terest in obtaining copies of St. Cloud Times newspaper articles printed in the days immediately following Jacob's kidnapping. The very next day after his inquiry, an FBI agent paid a visit to Hood. Hood was impressed with the amount of information that the agency had already collected on him. The FBI agent photo- graphed the man's car and removed its rear tires to take detailed photos of them. They took front and side mug shots of the man as well.93
Hood followed up the interrogation with a letter to the St. Cloud Times, commending the investigative effort. He pledged his intent to assist the search effort himself, by distributing Jacob's poster in TN.

Alott of effort also went into ruling out a vehicle 15 years later, via the Sheriff on Cnn.

From ELOC's book.

And one is on pg. 133.

Yes, that's right. And until someone can show me or remind me of a reliable source that said they were searching for the tires that made the tracks right next to Jacob's footprint, I'm starting to believe that they put a lot of effort into finding tracks that were different from those.

(I do want to go back and find Patty's quotes about the footprint to remember if she said anything about UNidentified tire tracks adjacent to the footprint...totally possible, but I'm not finding it right now.)

This isn't my only theory, and I'm sorry to be in the position of having to sleuth what LE knows instead of being able to sleuth anything that would be new to the investigation...

Theory: LE knew by next day that the tracks next to Jacob's footprint were made by a Rassier vehicle. Ruling out vehicles from the farm (presuming the perp wasn't the farmer) would be as basic as IDing and ruling out a family's fingerprints at a break-in before IDing perp fingerprints. But it quickly became enough of a red flag that a Rassier car drove by Jacob's print, so they checked him out at the school the next day and followed up with a property search soon after...and he has been a person of interest since then.

But he wasn't the top person of interest because there were those other tracks, the unidentified tracks, which were--again, I THINK, not the same tracks we've been looking at and not even that close to Jacob's footprint. Since they had no idea what mysterious car those came from, it was important to find out and they put a lot of effort into it. No luck.

Then Kevin came forward, and we are left with the local-man-on-foot theory, who just may have used one of the vehicles on his own family's farm to move Jacob somewhere either on the property or off the property as his next step. This isn't a new idea--lots of people have wondered this.

This theory can be DR by himself or DR with a friend, or even just a friend of family member of DR.

Again, not my only theory, as Hollinger gives me nightmares. But then they had to have known each other too, from St. Johns and through music, and I can fit Hollinger right into this theory too, or Gillespie, or any other potential suspect.

I'd really hoped this case would break last year, right before the 25th year. Here we are with the date coming up again tomorrow. I really wish I could do something besides guess at what LE knows. Frustrating. I'm so grateful and amazed at all the Wetterlings have done for other children while living with this grief and frustration. They need some of that good karma to come back to them.

Gillespie was a family friend. Don't know where I read that

I sent an email and their digital team fixed the link quickly. It is a good article.

Great, thanks! Works now. Patty just says "tire tracks" but never says they were ID'd or not ID'd...just more from the perspective of what was observed on scene immediately.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back