Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know.

The fact that the banging was heard at 30 minute intervals points to it being intentional, rather than some random sounds caused by currents or whatever knocking something about.

I believe they have 30 hours or so......but hypothermia is also a danger.
I would think they’d be hot in there. The pressure, the small space, the bodies.

More information on the banging and a white rectangular object spotted in the water. Hopefully, they'll be found.

Sonar has picked up banging sounds on Tuesday from underneath the water while searching for a submersible with five people onboard that went missing two days earlier on a dive to the Titanic wreckage, according to an internal US government memo on the search.

It was unclear when the banging was heard Tuesday or for how long, based on the memo obtained by CNN. A later update sent Tuesday night suggested more sounds were heard though it was not described as “banging.”

“Additional acoustic feedback was heard and will assist in vectoring surface assets and also indicating continued hope of survivors,” the update reads.

A Canadian P3 aircraft also located a white rectangular object in the water, according to that update, but another ship set to investigate was diverted to help research the acoustic feedback instead, according to that update.

This is the unconfirmed information I heard!!

The large aircraft was flying very low for hours in one area, but no one knew why. But I don’t know if that is continuing the find. (It sounds like it is.)

It so confusing to me. (I’m not smart when it comes to this stuff). If this submersible and it’s carrier ship is able to find the titanic so often- during most of the trips I think- how can it take so long to find them? How expansive is the wreckage? What are they using to find them?
I believe it's pretty much pitch black at that depth? They need lights, and maybe it's difficult to see overall, rather they have to focus on particular areas.
Do we know if rescuers have actually reached the wreck?
Not sure we even know if this sub is stuck in the wreck.

So they might be alive? How much time do they have left? How close is anyone to where the sounds came from?
Thursday morning their oxygen runs out is what I've read. Don't know how close anybody is to where they are. I'm interested in the rectangular white object spotted by a Canadian plane. CNN reported this not long ago. I hope they're alive and okay.

The U.S. Coast Guard, U.S. Navy, Canadian Coast Guard and OceanGate Expeditions have established a unified command to continue its response to the 21-foot submersible research vessel, Titan, from the Research Vessel Polar Prince that went missing Sunday evening.

As of Tuesday morning, a total of 10,000 square miles have been searched in favorable weather conditions with an increase in visibility from the previous day.

The Bahamian research vessel Deep Energy arrived on scene around 7 a.m. EDT and began remotely operated vehicle (ROV) operations. A C-130 crew from the Air National Guard 106th also arrived on scene to continue searching around 4 p.m. EDT.

The following assets are en route:

• Canadian CGS John Cabot
  • Canadian CGS Ann Harvey
  • Canadian CGS Terry Fox
  • Canadian CGS Atlantic Merlin (ROV)
  • Motor Vessel Horizon Arctic
  • Commercial Vessel Skandi Vinland (ROV)
  • French Research Vessel L’Atalante (ROV)
  • His Majesty’s Canadian Ship Glace Bay (mobile decompression chamber and medical personnel)
“This is a complex search effort which requires multiple agencies with subject matter expertise and specialized equipment which we have gained through the unified command,” said Capt. Jamie Frederick, the response coordinator from the First Coast Guard District. “While the Coast Guard has assumed the role of Search and Rescue Mission Coordinator, we do not have all of the necessary expertise and equipment required in a search of this nature. The Unified Command brings that expertise and additional capability together to maximize effort in solving this complex problem.”

1687319854106.png
Search patterns used in the search for 21 foot submersible Titan after it went missing 900 miles east of Cape Cod Massachusetts June 20 2023 Photo by Petty Officer 3rd Class Briana Carter<br>US Coast Guard District 1

It so confusing to me. (I’m not smart when it comes to this stuff). If this submersible and it’s carrier ship is able to find the titanic so often- during most of the trips I think- how can it take so long to find them? How expansive is the wreckage? What are they using to find them?

They’re too far down for GPS to work and they were relying on the mother ship to navigate via text messages. The sub also had safety pings that should have been sounded every 15 minutes but all communication, including the pings, stopped 1 hour and 45 minutes into the voyage.

They’re using sonar and sonar buoys to try to find them, plus surface SAR.

Of course they don’t have food or water onboard.

They were asked to not eat much before the trip as well.

Please don’t ask me where I read that…it can be IIRC.

I guess they can be rehydrated once they’ve been rescued.

Just as well the medical peeps will be on site.

Last edited:
Do we know how many hours of air is left now?
Titan Air Supply Remaining Apprx Thursday AM
1day 05:27:00

Continuous countdown is running on the link.
Apprx

JMO

So they might be alive? How much time do they have left? How close is anyone to where the sounds came from?
Is there a sound that they can hear and find them I hope so but really I think this should have never happened I think if anything this should have been been a adventure this should b something that is work related scientists and people like that just like going 2 the moon that should not happen just saying

If they’re stuck in the Titanic wreckage, maybe they’re trying to dislodge themselves somehow?
They shouldn't be IN the Titanic wreckage IMO. I believe that's supposed to be preserved and out of bounds.

"This momentous agreement with the United States to preserve the wreck means it will be treated with the sensitivity and respect owed to the final resting place of more than 1,500 lives," Ghani said in remarks released Tuesday by the Maritime Ministry.

They shouldn't be IN the Titanic wreckage IMO. I believe that's supposed to be preserved and out of bounds.

"This momentous agreement with the United States to preserve the wreck means it will be treated with the sensitivity and respect owed to the final resting place of more than 1,500 lives," Ghani said in remarks released Tuesday by the Maritime Ministry.

A different excursion did get caught on/near the propeller of the Titanic, pulled down a lot of debris as they got untangled.

I also believe, based on the numerous other articles upthread, that the noises/banging would not be audible if they were stuck all the way down in the wreckage. I could definitely be wrong, but it seems that being stuck may be the ultimate worst possible place to be lost, because of the incredibly limited resources able to travel that far down, even with the capabilities of multiple militaries.

"The P8 deployed sonobuoys, which reported a contact in a position close to the distress position. The P8 heard banging sounds in the area every 30 minutes. Four hours later additional sonar was deployed and banging was still heard.” The announcement did not state what time the banging was heard, or what was thought to have caused it."

Unfortunately, a person who travelled to the site with a Russian sub got caught in a current and they hit the Titanic propeller and got stuck in the wreckage. They had to work hard to free themselves. Some subs have gone close to the Titanic deck.

Regarding #3 I’d like to know too. The article I posted said Titan completed 50 test dives and has taken at least two dozen people down to see the Titanic but it doesn’t state how deep the test dives went.

I wonder, how many dives can the Titan make before the hull starts to weaken?
Sadly, I think we just found out. Speculation is that the lone window may have failed.

View attachment 430203
Hamish Harding posted an image of the submersible to his social media accounts on Saturday.
rbbm
''A deep sea-mapping company Magellan, known for their one-of-a-kind deep sea imagery of the Titanic, is also trying to get involved in the search and rescue efforts but a key transport issue is holding them back.

Magellan Chairman David Thompson told CNN that his team is familiar with the site of the wreck and received written notice from OceanGate Expeditions to mobilize early Monday and help.

However, they need an aircraft with the ability to transport their deep-sea diving equipment from the UK to Canada to launch their operation. Specifically, he said, they would require the use of a C-17 Globemaster III military jet.

“We know the wreck site, we know the location, and the equipment we are trying to get picked up is the equipment we used to do that scanning of the Titanic,” Thompson said.

Thompson said the US Air Force or UK Royal Airforce have not gotten back to Magellan letting them know if or when a plane can be procured for them to use to transport the equipment they need to Canada to embark on rescue efforts.''
According to that article the Calvary IS THERE & RACING against time. The Navy vessel that can lift anything…
Godspeed they find them soon ❤️

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members