TN TN - Chloie Leverette, 9, & Gage Daniel, 7, Unionville, 23 Sept 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Now I am confused. I thought they initially said one child had been at school that day. Guess that information was not accurate.

The fire happened on a Sunday, the 23rd of September, so neither child would have been in school.

I recall reading that Gage was not in school on Friday 21 September. By Sunday, it seems to me to be likely that he could have been feeling well again.

I remember when I was a child, weekends tended to produce miracle cures in me. Even if I still felt a little sick, I wanted to go out and play!

I can't find the specific story but one of the stories I read said that the neighbour saw Chloie and Gage outside playing in the yard about 3 hours before the fire. No mention of the grandparents or a Gator, so I'm assuming that those were not seen.

I'm not sure I'd let a 9 year old ride a Gator alone. Tall 10 and 12 year olds start driving vehicles on their own property out here in the country in my state but a larger vehicle is easier and safer to handle than a small one (a Gator is like a souped up all terrain vehicle). So, who knows, Chloie may have been tall enough to operate the Gator but I'd be surprised if they were letting her do so. Even a beat up old stick shift pickup might be too large for her (have to legs long enough to push the clutch to the floor).

Apparently they are continuing to process the fire debris:

http://www.t-g.com/story/1899690.html

Of course, unusually hot also describes many arson fires where a lot of accelerant was used. And I recall one case where the furniture in the home was all secondhand from before flame retardant materials were required; the fire in that case burned extremely hot because the house was full of extremely flammable furniture.

I just don't know and it doesn't sound like anyone else does at this point.[/QUOTE]

BBM
Thank you. I can't remember ever reading that specifically.

Four-wheelers and gators (alligators, too!) are plentiful around here. Some of us, allow our kids and grandkids to drive them around in first gear. :what: I initially was wondering if possibly the children were seen riding with grandpa or grandma.

As I watch my grandchildren play out today...Chloie and Gage pop into my thoughts...and every ounce of my thinkin (in trusting those experienced arson investigators), bleeds my heart in the horrors of their where-abouts.

P.S. We DO NOT ride the alligators!

This article mentions the Gator. I don't recall reading before that Gage has special needs:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...8e6ae4-0837-11e2-9eea-333857f6a7bd_story.html
~snipped~
Lamb described Gage, whom the family called “Buster,” as “the sweetest little boy.”

She said he was a special needs child who followed Leon McClaran everywhere and especially loved to ride with him on the Gator, a small utility vehicle.
It says that Gage rode on the Gator with his g'father.

Chloie Leverette, 9, and Gage Daniel, 7, were last seen by a neighbor Sunday evening at their grandparents' home on Kingdom Road in Unionville. About three hours later the home was destroyed by fire

Does anyone know if this neighbor has been investigated?

I just can't believe no national news on this tonight! With the Groene kids, they were all over it. It's just crazy

If it turns out the fire was not arson...it seems hard to believe that the children were abducted. That would be such a huge coincidence, IMO. I fear they were killed in the fire and have yet to be found, as unbelievable as that seems as well.

From the link above:
Some local officials have said they suspect the children did lose their lives in the intense heat.

Firefighters described the blaze as "unusually hot" and remains of many propane tanks were found within the home's rubble.
Sounds like the propane tanks did sustain damage.

In the map below, is that a pond at the arrow? Don't know if that's part of the McClarrans' property. Wonder if it's been searched. Children could've drowned if they ran outside and jumped in the pond because their clothing was on fire.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q= 730 Kingdom Road, Unionville, Tennessee

ETA: I don't know if the arrow shows, but it looks like a pond in the adjoining field just north of the house.

If it turns out the fire was not arson...it seems hard to believe that the children were abducted. That would be such a huge coincidence, IMO. I fear they were killed in the fire and have yet to be found, as unbelievable as that seems as well.

True enough, unless the fire was set to destroy evidence of the kidnapping.

Have they said for SURE if the fire was accidental or arson yet? This case makes me sad, but it also creeps me out for some reason....

Well,I said if it is NOT arson...

Ah, I see what you meant. Yes.

I suppose the fire could have been set by accident during an abduction, or while the grandparents were searching for the kids, but that would be a weird coincidence.

I agree with Reannan though. Something about this case is really creeping me out.

JMO, think the children have been taken by some one related to them.

And whoever that related person is, I believe, IMO they killed the grandparents..

That house was destoryed to the ground, leads me to believe, kidnapping & arson...

Hi. Know don't much about fires but how can there be remains of the bird and dog but not the kids? And bless the grandparents for taking care of their grandchildren. I was raised by mine. Wonderful people!

How long was that fire burning before he fire dept was called there was nothing left to that house. I think the house caught on fire and they all perished it seems to me that house was burning for a long time.

If by chance it was arson I tend to believe its a family member that took the children and killed the grandparents! JMO

Hi. Know don't much about fires but how can there be remains of the bird and dog but not the kids? And bless the grandparents for taking care of their grandchildren. I was raised by mine. Wonderful people!

Maybe it depends where you are in a house and where the fire starts.

I dont know! This is all very strange!
And very sad!
Where were the grandprents found in the house? what room?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry
Back