TN TN - Chloie Leverette, 9, & Gage Daniel, 7, Unionville, 23 Sept 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@Katy - no one seems to know or seem to care. I don't get it - no locals we have there? I'd like to get a feel of what's really going on there. Fire, find grandparents dead in fire, no offical cause of death yet (that I've heard) and no sign of 2 kids that should have been there. Weren't in fire, so they are gone. What the heck??? I guess the Groene case was more brutal so help was there in multitudes, remember all the fbi there? And here - nadda, zip, nothing. It's not right, these 2 precious children deserve more, in my opinion of course.

I check here also daily and nothing....I just don't get it, hope maybe we hear something with the autospy's of the grandparents.

I know we don't have much information so far, but does anyone have any kind of quick rundown on what's being done and what we know? I'm just jumping into this and it breaks my heart!

In roughly chronological order:

Cheryl Leverette gives birth to Chloie and to Gage

Chloie's father dies

Cheryl's mother Molli (or Molly; I've seen it spelled both ways) McClaran and her husband Leon McClaran take custody of Chloie and Gage

Gage was out of school sick on Friday 21 September

Chloie and Gage seen playing in the yard at approximately 6 pm Sunday 23 September

Fire reported at approximately 9:30 pm 23 September; house is completely engulfed in flames when fire department arrives and, due to the layout of the property and the remoteness, firefighters can only get one truck up to the house at a time

Sometime between Monday 24 September and Wednesday 26 September, fire investigators find the remains of Molli McClaren and Leon McClarin in the fire debris; they also find the body of the family dog and a pet bird

Fire investigators discover there were approximately 20-30 propane tanks in the basement of the home

University of Tennessee Anthropological Research Facility ("Body Farm") team called out to help search the fire debris for remains of the children. This team is very experienced and was called out to help search the debris of the World Trade Centers for remains. There are reports that a single tooth was found but no follow up information.

Statewide Amber Alert issued for Chloie and Gage as of Friday 29 September

Fire debris has been searched by at least three different teams by my informal account (local fire investigator's team, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation team and UT "Body Farm" team) with no remains of the children found.

Local firefighters saying anonymously that the fire burned so hot that they believe that there were no remains of the children to be found.

Just my opinion, but there is much more going here that we know of. The number of propane tanks has stirred some discussion. The location of the grandparents' remains seems odd. To me, these kids were taken and the house was set ablaze to cover it.

I think there should be massive searches and alerts going forward.

The way the house burned, the grandparents could have been trapped in an upper floor and fallen into the basement when the house collapsed. The children too, for that matter.

Here we sit, still on page 10 after 3 days. I can't believe that the police haven't released a cause of death or the cause of the fire yet.
Praying that Chloie and Gage are somewhere safe.

The way the house burned, the grandparents could have been trapped in an upper floor and fallen into the basement when the house collapsed. The children too, for that matter.

If the grandparents' bodies had been on an upper floor and fallen through into the basement, there would be enough debris under them to make it clear that was what happened. The original msm stories said that the grandparents' remains were located in the basement; that may have been clarified since then but I haven't found it.

I haven't found much about this at all and it is frustrating.

Likewise for the childrens' bodies. Investigators may know more than has been released but they are not letting the public in on it. In fact, the most recent story I could find still says that no sign of the childrens' remains have been found.

It isn't like they haven't bought in the best in the world to look. The University of Tennessee team that was brought in is the best in the world at finding human remains after a hot fire (World Trade Centers!). When the best in the world say they can't find anything, I tend to believe there was nothing for them to find.

Here we sit, still on page 10 after 3 days. I can't believe that the police haven't released a cause of death or the cause of the fire yet.
BBM
Cause of the fire yet...IM(Hubby's)O...A fire of this magnitude, to insure positive cause and determination, may take months. Unfortunately. Scene reconstruction, electrical system examinations, burn patterns, debris samples taken from the scene (transported to lab for analysis...scientifically tested for accelerants), wood charring in determination of the temperature of the fire...on, and on, and on.

I hope and pray along with you, OceanEyes.

It's worse than that. The fire was Sunday 24 September, which was 14 days ago.

I'm not seeing any possible happy endings here. I think someone is getting away with arson, murder and child abduction at the very least.

JMO, think the children have been taken by some one related to them.

And I wanna hear their mother's, Gage's father's...screams for Chloie and Gage...all the way here to south Louisiana. What's the deal? Can you all hear Crimson's cry?

Without knowing the integrity, nor wishing to judge the dynamics of these children's family...I begin to question...many, many things.

If the grandparents' bodies had been on an upper floor and fallen through into the basement, there would be enough debris under them to make it clear that was what happened. The original msm stories said that the grandparents' remains were located in the basement; that may have been clarified since then but I haven't found it.

I haven't found much about this at all and it is frustrating.

Likewise for the childrens' bodies. Investigators may know more than has been released but they are not letting the public in on it. In fact, the most recent story I could find still says that no sign of the childrens' remains have been found.

It isn't like they haven't bought in the best in the world to look. The University of Tennessee team that was brought in is the best in the world at finding human remains after a hot fire (World Trade Centers!). When the best in the world say they can't find anything, I tend to believe there was nothing for them to find.

I'm not advocating that the grandparents were or weren't in the basement -- only that the report we have is hardly official and it does happen. Yes, the investigators should be able to determine that. I'm not willing to draw any inferences from the location until there's a final report.

But as for the kids -- yeah, it looks like there's something like that going on.

If this was a fire I just heard about on the news, the very hot fire and the propane tanks and the isolated location, the first thing I'd think is "meth lab."

And I wanna hear their mother's, Gage's father's...screams for Chloie and Gage...all the way here to south Louisiana. What's the deal? Can you all hear Crimson's cry?

Without knowing the integrity, nor wishing to judge the dynamics of these children's family...I begin to question...many, many things.

Gage's father won't be screaming .... he's dead. I don't remember any statements from the children's mother. I get the sense she's not that involved in the children's lives. She has been questioned by LE and determined she doesn't have the children. The one family member who has spoken out on behalf of the children is their great-aunt, Molli McClaran's sister.

Gage's father won't be screaming .... he's dead. I don't remember any statements from the children's mother. I get the sense she's not that involved in the children's lives. She has been questioned by LE and determined she doesn't have the children. The one family member who has spoken out on behalf of the children is their great-aunt, Molli McClaran's sister.

No, I suppose he won't be screaming. Awe, man...I messed up right there. Sorry.
These two missing children are my first to wrap my heart around here at WS, and I'll admit I was a tad worked up bout it last night. I truly wish for 'screams' on a family, local, and national level. Suppose I'm impatient. I gotta zip the lip! And pray, pray, pray.

I am completely appalled that by reading family facebooks, you would have no clue there are two dead people and two missing ones.

With the exception of the mother's facebook... but she hasn't added pictures of them or anything. Still just the one old picture.

If my kids were missing and my family didn't post about it, I would delete them from facebook. Seriously, wow.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back