TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
cnn.com has a story related to this case on the front page titled:

Brutal murders feed race hate claims

Sorry, don't know how to link videos but I thought some would be interested in seeing it.

I would think here in America if someone heard a piercing scream repeatedly from a neighbor they would either go investigate or call police. Plus those houses were pretty close together. The next house wasn't a half mile away but only 10 or 15 feet away.

You mention being in shock but what about the adrenaline rush a human (or ANY mammal) gets when their life is on the line? Imagine a cornered animal. They would fight to death to get out of there. It is comparable to what a human experiences.

I'm not saying Channon could have fought off 4 men but with the extra surge of energy and strength you get from that adrenaline rush she could've let out the most bloodcurdling scream you ever heard. Yeah, they were torturing her but since they were already torturing her even if she didn't scream she had nothing to lose by screaming.

Haven't you heard of those stories where people get super human strength/capability when their life could possibly end? It's not that Channon could've done that but she should've screamed like hell a few times over those 2 days since she knew she'd be dead if she didn't.

The adrenaline rush you get when you realize your life is about to end should supersede any state of shock your in.

IMO we have no business discussing what Channon should have done. For all we know, she was gagged or had her mouth taped. We were not there. We cannot possibly imagine the terror she felt or the pain she experienced, so it is unfair for us to question her actions. Some people just shut down as a defense mechanism to help protect themselves, when the reality is too much for them to bear. Who are we to judge?

IMO we have no business discussing what Channon should have done. For all we know, she was gagged or had her mouth taped. We were not there. We cannot possibly imagine the terror she felt or the pain she experienced, so it is unfair for us to question her actions. Some people just shut down as a defense mechanism to help protect themselves, when the reality is too much for them to bear. Who are we to judge?

Thank you for saying that so much better than i could have

Amen, Masterj! And I will add this - I have lived in this town all 54 years of my life - and I know exactly where this crime took place. It is not a safe area any time of the day or night. As far as neighbors doing anything - no way! That is a very high-crime, drug-infested area and every neighbor is just like the next.

Amen, Masterj! And I will add this - I have lived in this town all 54 years of my life - and I know exactly where this crime took place. It is not a safe area any time of the day or night. As far as neighbors doing anything - no way! That is a very high-crime, drug-infested area and every neighbor is just like the next.

Then why did Channon and Chris go there??? They went to an apartment complex to meet a friend and you're saying the apartment complex is a bad area??

So, you're saying the friend they went to meet was into crime and drugs since "every neighbor is just like the next".

it is my understanding they were carjacked and the crimes happened in several places. No one needs to speculate on the victims. Did you read the whole thread UM? The police don't want it to be a hate crime or racial because they can ask for the trials to be moved and Knox police do not want it tried in another jurisdiction. You were assuming a lot when you started speculating what they did or didn't do to save themselves # 1 you don't know if there were neighbors on either side and I can digress from there. These men are animals they behaved like animals and they should be put down like animals.

Then why did Channon and Chris go there??? They went to an apartment complex to meet a friend and you're saying the apartment complex is a bad area??

So, you're saying the friend they went to meet was into crime and drugs since "every neighbor is just like the next".

Channon and Chris did not go there willingly. They were carjacked in one area and taken to another. The area where they were killed is the area I am talking about.

mom said it best, "These men are animals they behaved like animals and they should be put down like animals."

Channon and Chris did not go there willingly. They were carjacked in one area and taken to another. The area where they were killed is the area I am talking about.

mom said it best, "These men are animals they behaved like animals and they should be put down like animals."

I read in the local Knoxville news report that Channon and Chris went to a North Knoxville apartment complex to meet a friend.

I know random crime can occur anywhere but usually you don't have those kind of horrible thugs roaming around a nice apartment complex. So, what kind of area is it where Channon and Chris went to meet their friend at that North Knoxville apartment complex?

I read in the local Knoxville news report that Channon and Chris went to a North Knoxville apartment complex to meet a friend.

I know random crime can occur anywhere but usually you don't have those kind of horrible thugs roaming around a nice apartment complex. So, what kind of area is it where Channon and Chris went to meet their friend at that North Knoxville apartment complex?
I've not seen anything suggesting this - but I've got to ask, what difference would it make? If he was a low-down druggie, and she was a crack-ho, they still wouldn't deserve anything they got, the crime would be as heinous as if they were Pope John Paul and Mother Theresa out helping the sick.

I just don't see why it matters where they were picked up, or why they were there.

That said, everything I've heard says they were taken from somewhere to this part of town.

FWIW, we live in a beach area in So. California. Believe me, this is not a low income area. But we do have visitors from 'out of town.'

Last night at a local fast food drive thru, someone from L.A. stabbed two guys, (I think he was trying to car-jack them). Then he ran across the street, PCH to anyone in Calif., to a (nice) Holiday Inn Express, car-jacked a tourist (rental car) stabbed her, bumped her with the car, and I believe stabbed her again. He was last seen driving away in "her rental car."

These two were students in college. There are areas around colleges that have huge complexes to rent mostly to college students. This is probably where the 'thugs' were cruising for their mark. The problem is, when they found this young couple, they decided to do more than just steal their car. Another problem was,......... the 'thugs' didn't live in this area and took the couple to the 'other side of town,' where they lived and had a 'place' to commit the addtional crimes upon these two innocent victims.

JMHO, of course,
fran

not to be rude but please read up on your facts before you start bashing people. THEY WERE CARJACKED!!!

UM & AM fan
"quoting details I"'ve not seen anything suggesting this - but I've got to ask, what difference would it make? If he was a low-down druggie, and she was a crack-ho, they still wouldn't deserve anything they got, the crime would be as heinous as if they were Pope John Paul and Mother Theresa out helping the sick.
I just don't see why it matters where they were picked up, or why they were there."

I don't know if you are being a devils advocate, or you are fearful because this could quoting you be
"I know random crime can occur anywhere but usually you don't have those kind of horrible thugs roaming around a nice apartment complex. And don't want it to be true that random is what it is. That means it could happen to you me our kids or anyone out there. IMO this is why people are so upset our whole system is out of whack when people can be so depraved and bring it into our own backyard. And I am sorry you think only these crimes happen in "BAD" neighborhoods what happened to ?Jennifer Keese? in Orlando
I really believe that your just being devils advocate.

I haven't perceived any of UM&AMWfan's posts to be disrespectful or badgering of Channon. When I read cases like this, I often play Monday morning quarterback in my head - what could the victim(s) have done differently? What might I have done differently? etc...etc...

We judge people's actions on this board every day. That doesn't detract from the total sympathy I feel for two people who were brutalized.

I don't think anyone is inferring that this girl somehow behaved "wrongly" as a victim and that's the reason she was killed.

UM & AM fan
"quoting details I"'ve not seen anything suggesting this - but I've got to ask, what difference would it make? If he was a low-down druggie, and she was a crack-ho, they still wouldn't deserve anything they got, the crime would be as heinous as if they were Pope John Paul and Mother Theresa out helping the sick.
I just don't see why it matters where they were picked up, or why they were there."

I don't know if you are being a devils advocate, or you are fearful because this could quoting you be
"I know random crime can occur anywhere but usually you don't have those kind of horrible thugs roaming around a nice apartment complex. And don't want it to be true that random is what it is. That means it could happen to you me our kids or anyone out there. IMO this is why people are so upset our whole system is out of whack when people can be so depraved and bring it into our own backyard. And I am sorry you think only these crimes happen in "BAD" neighborhoods what happened to ?Jennifer Keese? in Orlando
I really believe that your just being devils advocate.

In my mind, the difference it would make is that we know people involved in certain lifestyles (drug use, prostitution, etc..) and/or people who hang out in certain parts of town overtaken by those lifestyles are more likely to be victim's of violent crimes.

No one deserves to be a victim of a violent crime, but statistically, you are more likely to be a victim of this type of crime in this type of neighborhood.

I understand that the young man and woman who were murdered in this case were carjacked and taken to this neighborhood against their will.

If they had gone of their own choice to this neighborhood to purchase drugs, I wouldn't feel any less sorrow for what happened to them - but I would make note of the fact that they went there of their own volition - if for no other reason but to file it away in my consciousness of things not to do.

I might not be making sense, but that's why I think it's worth asking how they got there.

There seems to be some confusion since there are so many reports out there about what happened.

I thought that Chris and Channon made it to their friend's apartment complex and were abducted there but I also heard that they never made it there and they had dinner at a local restaurant but they NEVER made it to the friend's apartment.

So, it seems like they were abducted at the restaurant or on the way to their friend's place. Does that sound right?

I was just wondering what is the restaurant they had dinner at? If you think this is probing too deep you should see the Jennifer Kesse thread! They are analyzing dust mites over there!!

There seems to be some confusion since there are so many reports out there about what happened.

I thought that Chris and Channon made it to their friend's apartment complex and were abducted there but I also heard that they never made it there and they had dinner at a local restaurant but they NEVER made it to the friend's apartment.

So, it seems like they were abducted at the restaurant or on the way to their friend's place. Does that sound right?

I was just wondering what is the restaurant they had dinner at? If you think this is probing too deep you should see the Jennifer Kesse thread! They are analyzing dust mites over there!!

LOL - that's what we do here!

I think Chris and Channon were abducted after the restaurant and on their way to a friends house. I too have read some conflicting reports about where the abuduction happened, but most of what I've read says after dinner and en route to friend's.

LOL - that's what we do here!

I think Chris and Channon were abducted after the restaurant and on their way to a friends house. I too have read some conflicting reports about where the abuduction happened, but most of what I've read says after dinner and en route to friend's.

IIRC, they were supposed to go to a video store on their way to the friends house. They were supposed to sit around and watch movies.

Wonder if they ever got to the video store?

JMHO
fran

IIRC, they were supposed to go to a video store on their way to the friends house. They were supposed to sit around and watch movies.

Wonder if they ever got to the video store?

JMHO
fran

I remember that as well, fran.

For some reason (and I really don't know where I read this or how accurate it is because there have definitely been several things reported in this case that turned out not to be true), I believe they were abducted at a traffic light on the way to their friend's house - don't recall reading whether or not they made it to video store first.

I remember that as well, fran.

For some reason (and I really don't know where I read this or how accurate it is because there have definitely been several things reported in this case that turned out not to be true), I believe they were abducted at a traffic light on the way to their friend's house - don't recall reading whether or not they made it to video store first.

WHAT?!?! Abducted at a traffic light???? They were ALREADY in their car so they could've just taken off even in reverse if they had to! If there were cars behind and in front of them then there would've been witnesses and I'm sure they didn't go to a video store in that bad area that Alice253 was talking about.

I've never heard of a carjacking/abduction happen in such a manner. You ever heard of someone just sitting at a traffic light and someone approaches them to abduct them??? Usually they happen in a parking lot or sidewalk so they must've been either abducted at the restaurant or the video store.

What restaurant was it by the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member