TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
btw... in a sense i don't understand the term 'hate crime' either... because, aren't all crimes hate crimes?? but, the fact is-- no, they aren't-- there are crimes for money, crimes of revenge, crimes of 'passion', the crime of rape, murder in self-defense,, mercy killing, etc... whereas a true hate crime would be purely a thrill kill, oftentimes by a group (power in numbers), to target someone of another race because of their percieved weakness or vulnerability, and usually a crime of EXCESSIVE violence... really going overboard to show they enjoyed every minute of it.

so.... if the term is going to used in reference to white-on-black crime, then it should also be used in reference to black-on-white crime, which is FAR more common than the first one. but of course the first one, always makes front page news and they will talk about it for months of CNN.. where as the second one, the media wants to sweep under the rug... because nobody wants to hear about whites getting murdered by blacks. it's not exciting and does not fit in with the "evil white man persecuting everyone" mythology.

then again, i'd rather them NOT report it too much... it would probably give the others ideas....
The deepest truth is that this has nothing to do with race or hate crimes.
It's to do with these peoples hearts that are evil to the core.
It doesn't matter about color when they have this kind of sick mind.
The truth is that men look at women in ways they would never tell others about, but not all act on it.
And some people are just plain evil without a conscience or care for life.
Now I will have to say in truth that I noticed that certain crimes were committed more often by certain races.
It still however comes down to a evil heart as those reading this well know.

http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp?S=6895217

Tenant living in Knoxville double murder house wants out

"The family sits relaxed on their front porch. They've come to terms with what happened inside their house. But, it's what's going on outside, 24-hours a day that has them fearing for their lives.
It was a gruesome crime. For two Knoxville families and the current occupants of the house, the nightmare is far from over.
Eight months ago Monday, East Tennessee was gripped by the unthinkable. A young couple was carjacked and murdered in Knoxville. The house where police say it happened was vacant until recently.
Now, the woman who moved in is fighting to get out."

Much more at link.
Very sad for this mom.

http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp?S=6999615

New charges filed against man accused of connection to double murders

"New charges have been filed against a man connected to the carjacking, rapes and murders of a young Knoxville couple earlier this year.

Eric Boyd is now charged with being an accessory to a carjacking that resulted in death.

Boyd was previously charged with being an accessory after the fact.
The new indictment accuses Boyd of knowing about the deaths of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom before aiding one of the suspected killers and not reporting the murders."

That's good that they are going over everything and not just rushing in. I'm sure it is really hard for the families of these two kids to be all ready and then have it postphoned but it happens all of the time. I would rather know that LE has a solid case and all of their ducks in a row but the waiting is sure hard.

Better to take the time and make sure the evidence is laid out in the right order than rush and mess up.

http://knoxnews.com/news/2007/nov/15/suspects-lawyer-files-request-change-venue/

Attorney Phil Lomonaco let Google do the legal arguing.

"If one Googles Channon and murder, 27,000 hits come back in a matter of 0.16 seconds," Lomonaco wrote. "If one Googles Channon and murder and Newsom, 16,200 hits come back in a matter of 0.37 seconds. If one Googles Channon and murder and Eric Boyd, 1,280 hits come back in a matter of 1.12 seconds."

snip...

It's not unusual for an accused criminal in a high-profile case to ask to move his or her trial to a locale where most residents are unaware of the allegations at issue.

snip...

According to Lomonaco, it's not the press attention this January slaying has received that is the problem. It's the race-baiting, white supremacist rallies, and hate mongering that this case of a young white Knox County couple carjacked, kidnapped, raped, tortured and slain allegedly by four black suspects has conjured up.

"Boyd has received extensive, erroneous, in-depth and unfavorable pretrial publicity which has permeated all of the news media within Knox County since the time of the incident 10 months ago," Lomonaco wrote in a motion filed late Tuesday.

"The case before this court is one of the most heavily publicized and misreported cases in recent local East Tennessee history," he continued. "Literally thousands upon thousands of Internet blogs and news accounts have been published about this case, both partially factual and fictional. … Consequently, it is unlikely there is a single jurisdiction in this state into which this publicity has not spread."

Much more at link.

Good grief...it doesn't matter where the trial is held...it's NATIONAL news, not just local.

I LOVE IT!!! these black thugs targeted, tortured, and killed these innocent white victims... and now people STILL want to make it a racial issue, and make the black KILLERS the poor little victims,, as always!!!!! what a hopelessly messed up country we are.

As always?

You know Reb, I can't quite call you a racist or a bigot, but like my old man used to say, "You keep throwing fuel to flame, you get a big fire".

I swear. We'll all make great pets...

I LOVE IT!!! these black thugs targeted, tortured, and killed these innocent white victims... and now people STILL want to make it a racial issue, and make the black KILLERS the poor little victims,, as always!!!!! what a hopelessly messed up country we are.

I think you are making it a racial issue for sure-what else would you expect from the defense attorney but doing his best to make sure he puts his client in the most sympathetic light? Can't be easy when you have a client like he has...

I think you are making it a racial issue for sure-what else would you expect from the defense attorney but doing his best to make sure he puts his client in the most sympathetic light? Can't be easy when you have a client like he has...

No doubt. And I think attorney Lomonaco has a pretty strong argument that people in the area have heard alot about these crimes and already formed very strong opinions.

Good grief...it doesn't matter where the trial is held...it's NATIONAL news, not just local.
Interestingly, no one to whom I've spoken about this case has ever heard about it. I do think that the attorney has to ask for the trial to be moved and IMO, it should be.

No doubt. And I think attorney Lomonaco has a pretty strong argument that people in the area have heard alot about these crimes and already formed very strong opinions.

I've formed a strong opinion. I think all these guys should fry. From reading everything I heard about this, I don't think one of them is innocent. Going to court is a formality of finding out what thier punishment will be.

I've formed a strong opinion. I think all these guys should fry. From reading everything I heard about this, I don't think one of them is innocent. Going to court is a formality of finding out what thier punishment will be.

I hear you - and if I were a defense attorney, I wouldn't want you on the jury! I would want 12 (14) people with open minds ready to hear the evidence as presented in Court!!

As always?

You know Reb, I can't quite call you a racist or a bigot, but like my old man used to say, "You keep throwing fuel to flame, you get a big fire".

I swear. We'll all make great pets...
Just read back a few!!!

If I remember correctly the parents, police and DA asked and kept this case very quiet just so the venue would not change. They wanted peers of these accused to be the ones to met out justice. Keep it home. IMO the amount of hits are not that much and more than likely are from websleuthers and others outside the Knoxville area. No real reason to grant a move. but he was doing his job. IMO

:clap: :clap: :clap:
If I remember correctly the parents, police and DA asked and kept this case very quiet just so the venue would not change. They wanted peers of these accused to be the ones to met out justice. Keep it home. IMO the amount of hits are not that much and more than likely are from websleuthers and others outside the Knoxville area. No real reason to grant a move. but he was doing his job. IMO

Wow.What a tragedy.
This thread is the first Ive heard of this case.
All this hair splitting about whether to define this as a Hate crime...
Would an attractive well dressed affluent black couple driving an expensive vehicle ,or a latino couple have faired any better encountering these soulless maggots?
Doubtful.
Were these kids subjected to racial epithets while being tortured to death?
Undoubtbly.
But however we choose to define this crime or what PC or Non PC labels we choose to assign...its just words,none of which for one second mitigate the suffering these two children endured or the final result of thier deaths.
It would nonetheless,be hard to argue that the same media that was SCREAMING about Don Imus and The Duke case and the Jenna 6 didnt purposely deep six the coverage of this tragedy.
The argument that one only has to reverse the race of the principles in this case and imagine how it would have been handled has been made ad nauseum but is still a valid point.
Both sides of this debate have their own agendas,I hope justice doesnt get lost in the shuffle.
Nothing can excuse or mitigate what these animals have done.Cruelty and Evil Is a personal choice.They need to suffer the consequences.

How does a sick, perverted, compassionless find 3 other friends just like him? That's what gets me. This crime does have hated behind it. These men did have previous records, but they did not just rob these two innocent victims. There was emotion behind these crimes. They hated these two (for whatever reason, we can all deny it, but it doesn't change it) and tortured them. I would say that I'd love the death penalty for these , but then that would be to easy. Let them work it out in prison. See how they manage without each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member