GUILTY TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jury questions What time was Newsom brought to the house of chipman street. Cobbins said that by the time they got to chippen street both were bound and led into the house on Chippman street. Wanted to know why something was readicated. Why wasn't Coleman offered Immunity before grand jury testimony...because she lied in Knoxville questioning. They could not give her immunity on state charges. Did she know about Immunity....answer no. Wants to know why Daphne wasn't considered to be lying to protect Davidson? He said she wasn't there and knew nothing. Her and Coleman are like apples and oranges. Wants to know why the form was signed before offered. How do you know Chris was in the house? basing it on Cobbins testimony. He says when someone says I participated and says I participated in taking Chris and Channon in the house...that is strong to me. It's human nature to protect yourself.

Break....Lavit tried to do some damage control after the jury ?'s, but I don't think it went over very well. Judge yelled that he wasn't letting the witness answer the asked questions, nothing new was uncovered.

ugh another Daphne ?...someone on the jury is really stuck on her. That is not sitting well with me. Wanted to know if VC was being held because of protecting LC, why isn't DS being held for protecting LD.

Really!?!?!?!? It has NOTHING to do with the charges against VC! :furious:

Like the man said 'apples and oranges'.

Well, what was the answer? Not that it matters but jeez...I am really fearing an acquittal, or at least a hung jury. Then I don't know what poor Gary would do!

I think the prosecutors have the ability to tie it all together come closing statements, I really don't think this animal is going to see the light of day.

I am very nervous that VC is going to draw some sympathy from jurors. I hope I'm wrong. Hopefully the jury hates her screaming Mimi atty, because maybe that will push them towards a conviction...

That's what I've said several times today. The defense strategy all along has been to make jurors sorry for "this little girl."

David from TN

I'm thinking there are going to be some Juror questions about Daphne again.

Looks like you guessed right!

This really concerns me. It seems like there is one juror in particular that is hung up on Daphne not being charged. I'm starting to think this one juror, is not going to want to convict because why should Vanessa be convicted when another girlfriend (Daphne) who visited the house and might have known what was going on not even charged?!?!

I sure hope that isn't the case!

http://twitter.com/jamiescoop

Jennings - Coleman never knew immunity form existed #cntrial
10 minutes ago via txt

Juror - when was Chris brought in house? Jennings - Cobbins says right a/f carjacking #cntrial 11 minutes ago via txt

ugh another Daphne ?...someone on the jury is really stuck on her. That is not sitting well with me. Wanted to know if VC was being held because of protecting LC, why isn't DS being held for protecting LD.

Looks like we're thinking the same thing! Only you beat me to it!

That's what I've said several times today. The defense strategy all along has been to make jurors sorry for "this little girl."

David from TN

That little girl had a adventure. I was so hoping when Lavit called her a little girl that when Jennings answered he would call Channon a little girl but he called her young lady. Someone is determined to think that Daphne should be charged. Which there has been no evidence in this trial suggesting she even knew Channon was there. Does this jurior know something about one of the other trials? I am hoping whoever it is turns out to be an alternative.

Hi folks, just read up to present. Looks like it has been an active day in court. I'm still concerned about a hung jury. Surprised at so many questions from the jury about Daphane. At least one juror seems to be obsessed with her not being charged in this case.

Looks like you guessed right!

This really concerns me. It seems like there is one juror in particular that is hung up on Daphne not being charged. I'm starting to think this one juror, is not going to want to convict because why should Vanessa be convicted when another girlfriend (Daphne) who visited the house and might have known what was going on not even charged?!?!

I sure hope that isn't the case!

I wonder why the judge doesn't admonish the juror asking about Daphne!

How is it even relevant to the charges against VC???

The testimony about Chris being there is hazy... for SOME reason none of the 'toughs' wanted to admit to raping him. I'm hoping they get some 'payback' in the pen.

Chris was beaten and raped by the "males" in the Chipman house. We have seen how vague the suspects have been about Chris throughout. The other 3 admitted that he was brought there, but said nothing about him otherwise. VC claimed never to see him. By the way, Chris' two caps were found in the house. How did they get there?

David From TN

I sure hope I don't offend anyone by saying this, not my intent but I hope race isn't the reason the one juror keeps asking about Daphne. I wonder if it's an African American juror, who feels Daphne wasn't charged because she is white?

Again, not trying to offend anyone by bringing up race, just curious.

I sure hope I don't offend anyone by saying this, not my intent but I hope race isn't the reason the one juror keeps asking about Daphne. I wonder if it's an African American juror, who feels Daphne wasn't charged because she is white?

You haven't offended me because I wondered about that also. Isn't Daphne also related to someone in LE? Niece maybe? I wonder if that's why the juror keeps mentioning her?

Race could play a role or it could be that the person doesn't understand that just because you visit a house where a crime is comitted doesn't make you responsible. You have to have knowledge that the crime is occuring and do nothing to help the victims. They hid her from Daphne because they suspected that she would tell. IMO They didn't worry about VC, I wonder why? Maybe they knew it was an adventure for her. Again, JMO.

I swear I kinda feel like I'm in the twilight zone today watching this trial....what the heck is Lavit talking about now? He says the judge is wrong, but then when the judge proves that Lavit is wrong Lavit says "Judge I believe your right." What the heck!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic
Back