GUILTY TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They should put a disclaimer on the WBIR page. There is a HUGE pic of VC's sneering face. They should warn people. It could frighten small children or the elderly. I myself was frightened. Man that is ONE UGLY MUG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now judge saying he doesn't see the reason for going by line by line review of 50 page grand jury testimony.

Wow, I am astounded that Lavit is asking his witness to point out all of Coleman's lies. He is opening the door ..has opened the door already...to tons of otherwise inadmissible evidence. Like the fact that the other defendants put Chris in the house. It's so bad the judge just talked him out of pursuing this line of questioning.

I am very nervous that VC is going to draw some sympathy from jurors. I hope I'm wrong. Hopefully the jury hates her screaming Mimi atty, because maybe that will push them towards a conviction...

Lavitt asked why he thought VC was lying. Jennings said she lied because she said the guys left on foot when they went in Boyd's car. Lavitt got Jennings to admit he didn't know that for sure.

http://twitter.com/jamiescoop

Lavit might want to stop the bleeding and stop asking ?s #cntrial
3 minutes ago via txt

Could Jennings be diff between facilitation and murder convictions? Imagine if he prosecuted slay cases #cntrial 6 minutes ago via txt

Jennings, defense witness, is smashing the defense. He says believes Coleman held Channon in bathroom #cntrial 8 minutes ago via txt

"It doesn't take rocket scientist to figure out (Chris) was brought in that house" but Coleman denied: Jennings #cntrial 10 minutes ago via txt

Jennings - "that's tiny house" "couldn't have been there and not hear it and see it" #cntrial 13 minutes ago via txt

Now asking if there was evidence if Chris Newsom was ever at Chippmen house. He said yes, testimony by other defendents, Lavitt wanted him to read the documents. Jennings said Judge wouldn't allow that since it had be readdicated. Lavitt keeps wanting evidence but refuses to take the confessions from the other four killers as evidence.

My feed is breaking up so may not post too much more unless it gets better, sorry.

The evidence that chris was there is in the timeline. Where was chris all that time between the carjacking and when the guy heard the shots? He had to be at the house. Coleman maintains she was at the house during that time frame. So... ergo, she saw chris at the house.

Lavit wanted to know if VC was introduced to Chris Newsom. Jennings said he didn't think it was an occasion where there were going to be any formal introductions.

I'm thinking there are going to be some Juror questions about Daphne again.

Jennings testimony is finished. That was a huge mistake by the defense. I think he gave the jury more reason to think her guilty and definitely made them aware of the fact that her statement conflicts with the other defendants.

I haven't been following this case as closely or as long as most of you have so I had no idea that Chris was there for more than a few minutes. Its horrifying to think that they were a witness to each other rapes and torture.

ETA to reword.

Going through jury questions. Jennings got to give Cobbins' version of events which included Chris being led inside the house.

The testimony about Chris being there is hazy... for SOME reason none of the 'toughs' wanted to admit to raping him. I'm hoping they get some 'payback' in the pen.

Surely Chris was at Chipman for the rape. Would they be stupid enough to rape someone on the railroad tracks? I think not. Plus didn't ME testimony indicate his anal trauma had come at least a short period of time before he was executed?
I hope VC goes away for a LONG time. Man she is FUGLY!!!!!

ugh another Daphne ?...someone on the jury is really stuck on her. That is not sitting well with me. Wanted to know if VC was being held because of protecting LC, why isn't DS being held for protecting LD.

IMO, based on ME testimony about Chris being raped an hour or two before he was shot, he had to have been raped in the house. There is no way he was raped by the railroad tracks and it was cold and rainy that night, so I can't see it happening outside at all. In another trial, the ME said he was raped by an object (and by a person), which the prosecution believed was a chair leg that was broken from a chair in the house.

ugh another Daphne ?...someone on the jury is really stuck on her. That is not sitting well with me. Wanted to know if VC was being held because of protecting LC, why isn't DS being held for protecting LD.

Well, what was the answer? Not that it matters but jeez...I am really fearing an acquittal, or at least a hung jury. Then I don't know what poor Gary would do!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic
Back