TN - Eight people killed, Sumner County deaths linked, Apr 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Prosecutors to seek death penalty in Sumner County mass murder case

Aug 8, 2019

"Sumner County prosecutors say they will seek the death penalty for Westmoreland mass murder suspect Michael Cummins who is accused of violently killing eight people earlier this year.

In a court filing Thursday, Sumner County District Attorney Ray Whitley and Assistant District Attorney Ron Blanton listed four statutory aggravating circumstances that allow prosecutors to seek the death penalty as a result of the “especially heinous, atrocious, or cruel” killings.

“The death penalty should always be reserved for the worst of the worst,” Whitley told the Gallatin News. “This is an appropriate case. We have eight people that have been killed and other crimes committed on top of that.”

The filing came the same day a Sumner County Grand Jury returned a 12-count indictment against the 25-year-old who authorities believe is responsible for the worst homicide event in Tennessee in at least two decades.

Of the victims, six were found inside a home at 1177 Charles Brown Road by a family member on April 27. They include Cummins’ father David Carl Cummins, 51; Cummins’ mother Clara Jane Cummins, 44; Cummins’ uncle Charles Edward Hosale, 45; Rachel Dawn McGlothlin-Pee, 43; her daughter Sapphire McGlothlin-Pee, 12; and Rachel’s mother Marsha Elizabeth Nuckols, 64.

Authorities also found 69-year-old Shriley B. Fehrle dead inside her nearby home at 1555 Luby Brown Road later that day. Investigators say they also believe Cummins is responsible for death of James “Jim” Dunn Jr.,63, who was found dead near his burned cabin on April 17....

Cummins is also charged with the attempted murder of his grandmother Mary Sue Hosale, who was released from the hospital on May 29....

Cummins is scheduled to be arraigned on his new criminal charges in Sumner County Criminal Court on Friday, Aug. 23."

Prosecutors to seek death penalty in Sumner County mass murder case

5cca55a8d9236.image.png

I live less than a mile from these killings... This man was bad news long before this crime. Rumor mill from some close to the family is the 12 year old had accused him of molesting her and the family confronted him. He also warned everyone before going to jail for attacking neighbor he was going to kill everyone when he got out.
Also yes he may have mental issues but if you watch his hearings you can see he is putting on an act of being more insane than he is... His violation on probation hearing he calmly sits in wheelchair communicates with judge just fine....then later that day his hearing on murders he is in wheelchair rocking back and forth in an obvious act to seem insane...
This man took 8 innocent lives 2 which were strangers to him one was for the murder weapon and other was for her car to try to get away .. Everyone in this tiny town is totally devastated by this

I cant believe I didn't even know about this horrific case until now.

This should have been national news. Did anyone see it on any of the major news channels? I'm a news junkie, but I've seen nothing about this case until seeing it in my news feed this morning.

What a horrendous mass murder.

In some ways it reminds me of when Guy Heinz jr. murdered 8 of his family members in Brunswick Georgia. They too all died from blunt force trauma.

I've said many times before, I believe bludgeoning anyone to death is the most barbaric painful ways to murder any victim. It takes a special kind of monster to be capable of using bludgeoning weapons.

This man had so many red flags dropping everywhere before it even happened. It was like many knew he was going to do something very horrific before it happened.

Another case of not IF he would do something like this, but WHEN.

Since they are going to ask for the death penalty he must not be as mentally ill as first thought.

Sometimes there are just truly dark evil people who walk among us all.

My prayers are with the shattered families as they go forward seeking justice for their lost loved ones.

I don't understand why this case hasn't gotten more foot traffic here, and posts. The Heinz case was very high profile at the time. Anytime this many victims are murdered it deserves a spotlight being shown on it too.

Jmhoo

I cant believe I didn't even know about this horrific case until now.

This should have been national news. Did anyone see it on any of the major news channels? I'm a news junkie, but I've seen nothing about this case until seeing it in my news feed this morning.

What a horrendous mass murder.

In some ways it reminds me of when Guy Heinz jr. murdered 8 of his family members in Brunswick Georgia. They too all died from blunt force trauma.

I've said many times before, I believe bludgeoning anyone to death is the most barbaric painful ways to murder any victim. It takes a special kind of monster to be capable of using bludgeoning weapons.

This man had so many red flags dropping everywhere before it even happened. It was like many knew he was going to do something very horrific before it happened.

Another case of not IF he would do something like this, but WHEN.

Since they are going to ask for the death penalty he must not be as mentally ill as first thought.

Sometimes there are just truly dark evil people who walk among us all.

My prayers are with the shattered families as they go forward seeking justice for their lost loved ones.

I don't understand why this case hasn't gotten more foot traffic here, and posts. The Heinz case was very high profile at the time. Anytime this many victims are murdered it deserves a spotlight being shown on it too.

Jmhoo

For such a mass killing spree I would have thought that there would have been more footfall through here, such a shame really.

Do we know if results are back as to whether he's fit for trial? Can't remember seeing it, I'll pop back and look.

For such a mass killing spree I would have thought that there would have been more footfall through here, such a shame really.

Do we know if results are back as to whether he's fit for trial? Can't remember seeing it, I'll pop back and look.
They haven't said yet but they have said they are seeking death penalty...

They haven't said yet but they have said they are seeking death penalty...
Of course they're seeking the death penalty. This "piece of excrement" really deserves to be put to death as soon as possible.
And I don't even care about his alleged "mental illness"....everybody knows "mental issues" are often used to avoid the death penalty for weirdos like Cummins.
I know the US Supreme Court says that those who have severe mental illness can't be sentenced to death but I think our "supreme" justices maybe must leave their Plato's hyperuranium and back to reality...

Of course they're seeking the death penalty. This "piece of excrement" really deserves to be put to death as soon as possible.
And I don't even care about his alleged "mental illness"....everybody knows "mental issues" are often used to avoid the death penalty for weirdos like Cummins.
I know the US Supreme Court says that those who have severe mental illness can't be sentenced to death but I think our "supreme" justices maybe must leave their Plato's hyperuranium and back to reality...
You are absolutely correct...this man was sane enough to go to a family members house to sharpen the machete he used...when family member noticed blood his exact words were..." Something bad happen down there and they will try to pin it on me" then sharpened the weapon and killed a woman for her car in hopes of getting away..... A sane human being will NOT take steps to get away .... He knew what he did and he knew it was wrong....
You can Not be of sound mind at a violation of probation hearing then less than an hour later be insane rocking back and forth and drooling at a murder hearing....
This piece of trash made it known when he went to jail for trying to burn his neighbors house down...once he got out he would finish the job! And he would have killed more if he wasn't caught.
In this small town rumors spread fast...and rumor was he was molesting 12 year old.... He's a sick s.o.b... But a sane s.o.b

I've found what might turn out to be a good source to look at/read/like/follow.

NC5 Nick Beres he's on Twitter and fb. He covered the case from the start and seems to catch all crimes in the area, even if it's just a snippet.

i haven't had time to delve in but maybe someone has a little free time. Or possibly message Nick B and ask him what the situation is?

Dashing out but back later.

2019-12-27 Gallatin, TN Daily News | News Break

At least I've found something to read by using my friend Google. You'll need to scroll down the page to find the story.

Some sites I'm unable to access due to the fact I'm here in the UK.

As I said I can't access some sites blah blah blah ............... I just clicked the Read Full Story and I can't access that, soooo I'm relying on someone to bring details here please.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaspurrjax
Back