Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted while jogging 4:30 am, forced into SUV, Central Ave near Univ of M, personal items found, Memphis 2 Sept 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her clothing was minimal. It could probably fit in a regular McDonalds to-go bag (any small bag). Why would someone chance pulling up, opening those trash bin doors, and getting rid of them there? Just left for the next employee to see them on top of a trash pile? It's not like an employee goes through bags in the dumpster. I think anyone would assume there are camera there.
Maybe they were high.
Rational thought goes out the window?

Very interesting idea!
There has to have been two people in the SUV. No way they could get her (even with a struggle) into the SUV after a brief chase (BQ qualifier and very athletic). She appears sweet but also feisty. Two people in the SUV, twice as likely someone will crack. Less reason to release the video. Working to have someone flip. IMO

IMO this was planned and there is a more sinister side that will be revealed. I would like nothing more than for them to find her and safely get her home. MOO is that will not happen; the perps may not have known her well or at all but this was targeted.. JMO-man.

Her clothing was minimal. It could probably fit in a regular McDonalds to-go bag (any small bag). Why would someone chance pulling up, opening those trash bin doors, and getting rid of them there? Just left for the next employee to see them on top of a trash pile? It's not like an employee goes through bags in the dumpster. I think anyone would assume there are camera there.
I think many of us think this from a rational mindset. However when people commit crimes of serious offenses I do not believe they have the rational mindset. Whether premeditated or accidental and then in a panic mistakes are made. MOO

Is it a fact that husband lawyered up? Asking because now I'm wondering why his computer and car were not taken into evidence? Or, did I miss that? This case has moved along quickly.
Some people who have lawyers themselves or who have friends/ family members who are lawyers are advised to get a lawyer when anything happens where they may be questioned by LE.

There has to have been two people in the SUV. No way they could get her (even with a struggle) into the SUV after a brief chase (BQ qualifier and very athletic). She appears sweet but also feisty. Two people in the SUV, twice as likely someone will crack. Less reason to release the video. Working to have someone flip. IMO

IMO this was planned and there is a more sinister side that will be revealed. I would like nothing more than for them to find her and safely get her home. MOO is that will not happen; the perps may not have known her well or at all but this was targeted.. JMO-man.
Yes, planned makes sense. I'm thinking the SUV was stolen. Too risky to use own car. JMO.

I'm leaning that way. Of course, it could have been just one and in his effort to subdue her he either seriously injured her or killed her. This guy does this on Friday in the dark at 0430 and we've read about crimes like that going unsolved for years. And yet if the guy LE has is the criminal he was picked up inside 48 hours. I wouldn't be too surprised at the dumb moves he has made.

Might have felt things closing in. Couldn't drive far in vehicle everyone in town is looking for. Felt having clothing off his/her person and even a little distance was better than being caught with it.
My thoughts exactly. The clothes could fit in any bag they had around, because of course seeing any clothing in the trash is going to warrant attention. As well, driving around in the same car when so many places have security cameras, pretty risky. Her clothes are going to have evidence on them whether they’re still on her body or not. So many questions remain on this very curious case . . .

Some people who have lawyers themselves or who have friends/ family members who are lawyers are advised to get a lawyer when anything happens where they may be questioned by LE.
Yes. I agree. I'm not accusing anyone, just asking because partners/married people share computers and cars sometimes. and I only read that her personal laptop and her car were taken into evidence.

It's been determined that Eliza can run an 8 minute mile. By example, police officers must run a 1.5 mile in 16 -20 minutes in order to pass their physical test. Eliza may not been training for a marathon bc the Boston Marathon was in APR and the St Jude Marathon is in DEC. Then, I recalled my daughter running the Chicago Marathon which is one of the six majors. It's in OCT. Hence, I do think she may have been in training mode so she was running at a good clip FRI morning.

If the kidnapper was trolling the streets for a victim when he spotted Liza, and she's running half the pace of a gazelle, how did this creep manage to catch her? Why have the police described there being a brief struggle?

It's been determined that Eliza can run an 8 minute mile. By example, police officers must run a 1.5 mile in 16 -20 minutes in order to pass their physical test. Eliza may not been training for a marathon bc the Boston Marathon was in APR and the St Jude Marathon is in DEC. Then, I recalled my daughter running the Chicago Marathon which is one of the six majors. It's in OCT. Hence, I do think she may have been in training mode so she was running at a good clip FRI morning.

If the kidnapper was trolling the streets for a victim when he spotted Liza, and she's running half the pace of a gazelle, how did this creep manage to catch her? Why have the police described there being a brief struggle?
Tazer?

I'm trying to look at the big picture - it seems LE have been strategic on what they release, so maybe they already had an idea but needed to give the perp(s) a push to make a move? They didn't show the perp in abduction video so did they already have leads?

Then release vehicle image to public to get them to squirm a bit? As it seemed to work as now they have vehicle and a person detained who doesn't seem to be talking... Does the perp have a partner? It's still unknown if 1 or 2 perps. The reward might work to an advantage with 2 perps too.

Is it a fact that husband lawyered up? Asking because now I'm wondering why his computer and car were not taken into evidence? Or, did I miss that? This case has moved along quickly.
That's tough to answer in this case. IIRC, the spokesman in the family video identified himself as a relative, the uncle I think. Someone by that name happens to be a lawyer in Memphis. But when I compared pictures they do not quite look like the same guy to me. They are pretty similar though so I could probably convince myself either way. But he is not a criminal lawyer. In any event, it is not clear that the husband lawyered up. But frankly, I would not blame him if he did. If my wife disappeared I would certain hire a lawyer even if I had a rock solid alibi and was unquestsionably innocent. Even if I did not need defense, I would want professional advice to help me through the investigation process and so forth.

I'm a runner, you get 'in the zone' and you can get out of breath. Was she wearing ear buds/music on as well?

There's also the element of surprise which is a huge factor. No amount of martial arts can truly prepare someone when caught off guard (IMHO) and no offense to martial artists of course!

Yes, planned makes sense. I'm thinking the SUV was stolen. Too risky to use own car. JMO.

I will bet some doughnuts that this was a "for hire" situation. In her photo released by LE I did not notice earbuds. I know that can add a dangerous element when running/cycling alone. I would wear one but truth be told, it's not as safe as just being aware. She seems methodical and well prepared, a crime of opportunity seems out there but, certainly possible.

They (perps) may be removed enough that they only saw dollar signs and no big picture.

You're right, criminals can be resourceful but never completely cover their tracks. These were not some slippery slug like BM in the SM case.
Edited for clarity.

Or needle/drugged? I think tazer or drugged would only be used if this ransom motivated (which doesn't seem to be the case yet) or hired job.

If a stalker situation, I sadly feel the motivation would be more power/control/sexual.
Tazer- sure. Stalker? Maybe. I haven't heard of many criminals up at 4:30-5:00 with a strong plan for abducting someone. Furthermore, someone that could put up a fight or a solid chance of running away.

Follow the money...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member